Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missa_gw

Autumn olive as Fruit leather...how many of you do this?

missa
15 years ago

Hi there!

For the last few years i have been making autumn olive fruit leather. Ive read about how invasive this species is and i wanted to do something to help. I am a member of a non profit organization canned the Opacum Land Trust and i attended sessions and one of them was a man..a scientist,( russ cohen) who taught at universities and such about wild plant and edibles. he brought in a sample of autumn olive fruit leather...it was delicious! i was hooked and had to find out how to make it. I later found out that russ cohen had a book out about it. A cook book none the less! With tips on foraging MY native plants here in MA! I had to have the book! And there i found the recipie for making autumn oliVe fruit leather and cat tail pollen muffins amongst other things! Some of his palate items were a bit more than ide be willing to try but they are quite interesting too! These muffins were fun to make with younger children!

So how many of you have had autumn olive fruit leather? Its almost time to pick the fruit out here and i cannot wait! mmmmmm! Whats your favorite wild edible and what do you make with it?

Have a great day! Melissa

Comments (2)

Sponsored