Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted Professional Edible Landscape Designer

Posted by ellenplants South Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 13:25

We are in the process of renovating a large waterfront property and want to create an edible landscape. We have not had much luck finding experienced assistance for this project. Any suggestions/referrals would be great. We plan on having fruit trees, a raised bed area and using various edible materials in a more formal garden manner.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted Professional Edible Landscape Designer

Hi,
I'm very surprised you have not received any replies to your post. I am not a professional gardener but have been gardening for twenty or so years here in the Palm Beaches. Large, waterfront edible garden...yumm! If you are oceanside that will limit some plants as not all edibles are salt tolerant. I can see grape arbors, strawberries as groundcover, blueberry bushes, majestic mangoes, lychees, sapodilla, sugar apples, even specially developed apple, peach and other traditionally "northern trees, gnarly figs and oh, so many citrus to choose from... a semi/or formal herb garden, even a mini meadow and of course lots of flowering and seed producing plants for the local wildlife. Take your time, go with your heart, look through lot's of member pictures, websites, magazines and maybe a few trips to the various south Florida places like Fairchilds', the Mounts Botanical and other gardens (don't forget Gene Joyner's place) for ideas. Sorry to be waxing lyrical but I am a gardener at heart. Good luck with your venture.
A.H.

o
RE: Wanted Professional Edible Landscape Designer

South Florida is the easiest plast for edible landscape. There is so much to choose from there. Wish I was there I do edible landscape here in Citrus County.

o
Erica Klopf: Professional Edible Landscape Designer

Hi ! I am a edible landscape designer, and if you are still looking for professional landscape design, please check out my website and we can see how I might help you.

www.southfloridaediblelandscaping.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: South Florida Edible Landscaping

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here