Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moringa, The Miracle Tree Planted and Sprouting

Posted by desertdance So CA Zone 19 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 22:22

Woo Hoo! A couple weeks ago there was an article in the news about the health benefits of the Moringa Oleifera Tree.

I researched it, and discovered we live in the perfect climate with the ideal soil. Immediately, I went to Ebay and bought 45 seeds. I soaked 5, and planted 9 total. Some soaked and some not.

4 days later, I was wild crazy to discoved 6 of the 9 had sprouted.

We circled the little sprouted seeds (about 1-2 inches tall) with chicken wire protection from those hungry rabbits that lurk here.

We planted them like a living hedge, and will keep them trimmed and compact. Can't wait to try the entire plant. It's all edible and packed with nutrients!

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moringa, The Miracle Tree Planted and Sprouting

Well, 5 days later they are now 6" tall and very leafy! We planted 4 more seeds. to replace the ones that didn't make it. One made it, but before we got it into it's gopher wire cage, some critter bit it off!! YIKES! It's little trunk is still green, but it doesn't have one leaf! It could sprout from below, but as insurance, we planted another seed next to it.

I'm so excited that these trees grow FAST! Can't wait to start the FEAST!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here