Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
persimmonpudding

Diospyros virginiana - American or common persimmon

persimmonpudding
16 years ago

I am EVER SO SLOWLY assembling a site on persimmons and their use. It recently came to my attention that the mere handful of recipes I did have up had bad links. This should now be fixed. I am working on several groups of family recipes and trying to secure the proper permissions. Once done, I'll get those recipes up as well.

Anyway, if you have old family recipes for persimmons and wish to see them archived for all to use, please drop me a line. I'm sure I can accomodate you. Stories with the recipes (first ever taste, memories of being in the kitchen while making pulp, the recipes, etc) are also welcome and encouraged. I'll take any cultivation stories, foraging, etc. as well.

The persimmon site is:

http://www.persimmonpudding.com

Comments (3)

• philmont_709n2
    16 years ago

very nice site!! my grandma (shes 90) has some persimmon trees around 70 years old in her yard all her life and she always ate them. i have tried to eat them but i think they are just too sweet for me. they are best after frost i hear.
    I took some seeds from her trees and now have some 2 year old persimmon seedlings! i love it!

• picea
    16 years ago

Look up the Indiana Nut Growers Association. They have a persimmon expert that might be able to help you out.

• zorba_the_greek
    16 years ago

You can use persimmon in any recipe that uses bananas, one for one exchange, no adjustments needed. That should open your possibilities up some.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES