Return to the Edible Landscape Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pls identify plant!

Posted by lion_531 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 5, 09 at 10:38

hello!

Pls identify this plant. I live in Manila, Philippines (hot, humid, tropical). The Chinese here believe that this herb, if it is really a herb, is a 'cure' for cancer, though I don't know how true is that.

It would be a big help if anyone can identify it for me, so I can do more research about it. And so if I find something interesting, I can share it with you.

Click link below to see image of plant.

Thank you very much!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://uploadingit.com/view/qse8pdljcdwsv2vo/unknown plant 2.JPG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pls identify plant!

• Posted by ga.karen 8 a/b Moultrie, Ga. (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 14, 09 at 14:57

I've either seen it before or something similar. Do you have anything there like our agricultural extension service that is connected with all our universities? If not you might want to send an image of it to a southern US university or one that deals in tropical plants.
I'm not sure how a google search for broad leafed tropical plants would do. Might try.
Sorry I couldn't help.

Just a little side note. Some of the Japanese still think that mixing powdered gold in a beverage (water) and drinking it will help cure cancer too.

o
RE: pls identify plant!

That link doesn't work for me. Can you repost it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Edible Landscape Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here