Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiffywiggle

?eggs? on ornamental sweet potato?

tiffywiggle
15 years ago

I have JUST recently started with my own little plant collection so I'm not sure of what alot of things are(although I did jump in head first with about 30 plants!) My problem is that I have a decorative sweet potato that seems to have eggs on it. I thought it might be white fly eggs but those, I am told, are on the bottom of the leaves. These are almost translucent little round egg looking things on the top of the leaves. I found a leaf that had about 5 little bitty "eggs" and one of the other leaves must have had a thousand on it, not exaggerating! I have been breaking the leaves off when I find these things on them and taking them outside to throw them away trying to get rid of them but I don't know what else to do. The rest of the plant is really looking good, except these bald spots from me breaking off the infested leaves. Anyone have any clues as to what this could be? It's in my kitchen and none of my other plants get them..... I would really appreciate any ideas of what these are or even if you don't know what it is but you can tell me how to fix it! I really love my little blackie!

Sponsored