Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seatofmypants99

Hi new here!

seatofmypants99
18 years ago

I'm new to GW, and really interested in edible landscaping. In my old house I had a true cottage garden, with edibles and ornamentals interplanted. I got into companion planting, and had some wonderful mostly edible gardens.

I live with a roommate now, was forced to sell my house due to insane insurance and tax rates here in Florida, and we're working toward an edible landscape. She has several fruit trees, and a few tropical veggie plants. I'm looking toward trying to make her landscape more like mine was, so we can harvest! harvest! harvest!

Great thing about Florida is being able to garden all year long.

Comments (2)

• chills71
    18 years ago

Welcome.

You will find this forum moves somewhat slowly. Many of the questions one would pose here also could easily be posted in the Fruit and Orchard forum as well, and that forum has the bonus of being a much more active forum. (though, this is the time of year when most people are not as actively seeking answers as much of the country is not as fortunate as Florida...)

~Chills

• gardenpaws_VA
    18 years ago

Feel free to post about combined vegetable/flower gardens, though - there *are* a few of us who are into things like potagers. I have very little so far in the way of fruit trees (and won't ever have many on this property), but am putting herbs in the flower beds, using strawberries for evergreen ground cover and edging, putting raspberries along a boundary fence, and trying to figure out how best to incorporate the (annual) vegetables into an attractive design.

Sponsored