Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bekisar

stinging nettle seeds

bekisar
14 years ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME STINGING NETTLE SEEDS TO TRADE?cecilburdeshaw@bellsouth.net THANKS

Comments (15)

• wildforager
    14 years ago

you have email

• luckynes13
    14 years ago

did you get the stinging nettle seeds you need, if not I have some?

• l_james
    14 years ago

Hello Cecil,
    I have lots of stinging nettle growing in my barn yard area. I can send you some roots if you want. It would put you way ahead of starting seeds. E-mail me and let me know. - Jim

• bekisar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Someone sent me an email in response to this post a while back and we traded. The 2 plants that I got in the mailbox are now about 10 plants and all are healthy and growing really well. Thanks to all of you who responded.

• jollyrd
    13 years ago

what do you do with it?

• cbaizen
    11 years ago

hello can I get some stinging nettle seeds/roots as well? I will pay for postage!

• zzackey
    11 years ago

Me too please and thank you! I really need them for pain! You make a tea out of them or eat them young steamed. Somehow it makes them edible without stinging you.

• foolishpleasure
    11 years ago

what do you do with it?
    =========================================
    I think it has natural property to improve urinary track and sexual desire. I am not a doctor but I heard that. Also I read it as an ingriedients for a natural pill I use for prostate health.

• annakiledj
    10 years ago

Hi I need some fresh nettles and roots. Anyone has them?

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I need some more, please! It has rained almost every day this summer and my nettles are almost dead.

• zzackey
    10 years ago

It's supposed to good for pain.

• tamashi
    10 years ago

I have seeds and roots and will happily trade. In the UK with nettles all over my garden. Email me if you need these.

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    10 years ago

I had no idea such an evil plant could be of use for healthy reasons! I got stung by one and my fingers were numb for days! I can't imagine what it would do to your tongue! Maybe good for diets?

I get you make tea from it, but after my experience, I stay far away!

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

desertdance - cooking and drying remove the sting. And you need to gather very young nettles for use as a vegetable. They are very nutritious. You can also spin fibre from them. In the UK we grow up getting stung by nettles as they are all over our countryside but the effects only last a few minutes. Maybe we are desensitised? I've yet to meet anyone who grows them intentionally.

• drmbear Cherry
    10 years ago

Is there anyone here that still has stinging nettle seeds or roots to share? I'm looking to put some in for our tea garden.

Sponsored