violetta
16 years ago

Hello

Are any plans for a swap this spring?

Comments (15)

• saralee
    16 years ago

Hi I'm in if so.

Zellers at Kipling/Queensway? Any other locations? How about a Sunday, either May 18 or May 25th?

Do either of those dates work for interested parties? Please post here so we all know.

• violetta
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello there!
    Place and date are suitable for me.
    What about the rest? Please let's us know!
    Violetta

• sorellina
    16 years ago

Ciao all-

Sundays are always bad for us, but we could come on the 18th unless people are able to come on the following Saturday.

• jroot
    16 years ago

Are we working on two different swaps? I am confused.

Here is a link that might be useful: another west end swap ? or the same ?

• violetta
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi there,

No confusion at all. I understood that here we were discussing the Toronto West end swap 2008.
    May 18 at the same old place behind Zellers at Kipling/Queensway seems to be an excellent choice.

Violetta

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

Where are we with this swap? It's almost May, can you believe it? Amazing how time flies when the snow's gone! We're really going to try to make this swap. If I may just ask if any of you have peonies, lilac divisions, and bleeding hearts, especially white ones, those are really what I need right now to fill some holes along a shady side of the house and also a sunnier spot by the front driveway. Sydseeds, if you're out there, I'd love more of your "invasive" bleeding hearts and I've got some lovely basil to trade for them.

• saralee
    15 years ago

Hi all, sorry I thought I posted a reply to this last week but it doesn't seem to be here! May 18th is fine by me. I think we should aim to have at least EIGHT PEOPLE to make this worthwhile. So far we are three. If anyone is interested please post here that you are coming otherwise it's not worth the effort. I have TONS of new plants coming in from last year...no idea what half of them are. I purchased a great deal from Canadian Tire too and did some generous exchanges with people I met elsewhere online so I'm hoping to do more of that soon too.

I really thought last year's Spring get together was fantastic, so many plants left over and so many great things that I even took the leftovers in the end to the school and planted them there.

Would be nice to see a good turnout again, but I don't think the FALL one worked out and it doesn't seem like anyone else seems interested in a GTA West swap right now, so I think if we get around EIGHT people reply here that they are attending we should fly with it, otherwise attend the other swaps. I'm pretty full up but if nothing is going to fly I will just give my extra stuff to the school garden. I have lots of interesting plants but couldn't tell you what they are.

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I would be interested in the plant exchange, I was there last spring and it was great.
    Same place is fine with me, and May 18 is ok for me too.

• lanakolo
    15 years ago

Hello everybody!
    So, are we going to do it? I have a couple of lilies which I need to find a loving home for. Anybody interested? May 18th sounds good to me.
    Lana

• saralee
    15 years ago

To any of the ladies I invited to this, please note I've cancelled this. If you want to trade with me personally, you have my email!!!

Thanks.

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

I am stepping in - hope nobody's offended! - to try to consolidate these two threads and arrange something to actually happen this coming Sunday, May 18th.
    Link to thread is below... PLEASE RSVP! By my count, we have at least 5 so far but more would be tremendous!

GW is NOT letting me post a link so please please copy this link into your browser and RSVP over there:
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg0310362632286.html
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg0310362632286.html

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

Have emailed all those with "emailable" IDs here (except Saralee bc she said she's not interested... :-( )
    Apologies to those I couldn't reach!
    Please join us at the other thread to RSVP!http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg0310362632286.html

• jroot
    15 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't make it on the 18th, nor the 24th.

• jroot
    15 years ago

I hope the swap went well, and that it wasn't too COLD. We had snow here this morning, in Rockwood.

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

In case anybody is still subscribed to this thread since last year... I'm organizing another swap for this coming May (2009).

Please visit my blog / site (link below) for more details.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring 2009 West End Swap Details

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions