Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
West End Tailgater???

Posted by peatpod Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, May 4, 06 at 1:01

Ok .. I see there is a need to set up a tailgater in the West End of the GTA .. I will give Nadia a hand if she is still interested in setting this up. It would be good to know who is interested in having one so that we can determine a good meeting place and date. I dont have too much to trade as of yet and have all but eliminated most of my perennials from my garden :o) Ya gota love the tropical feel :o)

Same rules as always apply ..

1. Tailgater (meaning trading out of our vehicle trunks in a pre-determined empty parking lot)

2. No sales.

3. Pre-arranged trades ahead of time most welcome.

4. Any garden related living or inanimate object welcome at the trade (so not just seed packets and plants, but old tools, extra fertilizer, old garden books/magazines, compost, etc. - anything garden related actually is most welcome especially if you are new to these swaps and are just starting out but don't have alot of plants/perennials to divide up and swap/trade)

5. The ever popular 'swap circle' - which is the place we randomly place one (or 10) items in the cirlce which enables us to take one (or 10) items in exchange - this is the circle where you'll find things you never knew you wanted/needed).

So post it up people!!! Lets get this thing going!!!

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: West End Tailgater???

Sounds GOOD! I enjoyed last year swaps, and most definitely will love to participate this year again. I live in Woodbridge, therefore West-end is perfect for me.
Count me in!
Lana

o

• Posted by
    jimmy-jojo Zone 5b
    (gw:jimmy-jojo) on
    Thu, May 4, 06 at 14:25

How about Mississauga square one mall parking lot? It's close to the 403.

o

Square One isnt really the ideal place to hold a tailgate swap. In the past we have found establisments or schools that are not open on the date that is chosen so that we can meet in one area. With all the activity at Square One we would never find each other :o)

Depending on how many people are attending we should look at a date and central location.
Laura

o

Peat & Nadia: I've forwarded this link to various boards that I know some current and past GW'ers hang out on (i.e. YorkRegionPlantExchange boards; Gardenforums; All Canadian Gardeners boards, etc.) -

I'll do a quick "we're over here" posting on the main discussion side of the Canadian trades pages so that others know the pre-arranging is happening over here on the conversations side. I'll also email this out to the previous years GTA East and West attendees incase they aren't reading GW - don't want them to miss out on a great thing! Cheers!

o
Thanks Syd

Thanks Syd .. I dont think Nadia even knows that I have started this :o) When I was lurking last night I emailed her and told her I would help out but all of a sudden I was typing up the post :o)

Once again thank you Syd
Laura

o

I'm so pumped you GW'ers are carrying on the GTA West tailgater tradition. Choose a spot that's easy for you to find Peat, lol........

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Thu, May 4, 06 at 20:17

Depending on the date, I am interested. I will have to book time off work, so the sooner the date is established the better. At this point, Sunday May 28th is free for me. We usually gather near the end of the month.

o

Im interested in attending...I have never been to a swap before, can someone tell me about average container size of things that you "pot up"...
Thanks! Renee

o

Hi Renee ... it can be anything from seedlings to larger plants .. you choose the size. We will trade for just about anything garden related. Just think .. maybe you can raid someones garden again :o)

Jroot ... May 28th sounds good for me also. What does everyone else think??? Nadia .. how is that with you??

Now to find a location ..

Laura

o

:)
I just hope I can find some stuff that people find interesting enough! :)
Yes, thanks to you Laura and your extreme generosity my woodland is looking pretty nice now. That woodruff is spreading so nice and I just love it. And the LOTV is just about to bloom. Thank you again.
Well, I will sit and figure out how to get in on the trading and all...if not, I have lots of compost - well rotted - like fine wine LOL - found it under a pile of wood we cleaned up in the back yard....lots of pine needles etc. A few woodlands and seeds of woodlands as well.

o
Sunday, May 28, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Hello!
I'm here, I'm here. Yes, Sunday May 28th is great for me. I would like to help/co-organize, but I don't know what I'm doing. If anything goes wrong, just blame it on me.

Did anyone go to the last West-end swap? Did they find the location good? Should we use that location again? Just to refresh memories:
Previous Location: QEW and Islington. The parking lot behind Cambridge International College, at 35 Ourland Avenue in Etobicoke.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=35+Ourland+Avenue&city=Etobicoke&state=ON&zipcode=

Votes?

BTW: I was walking through my neighborhood yesterday and I noticed that someone's garden had been robbed of a bearded iris. The owner put up a sign asking the thief to please return the plant. Ack! The nerve of someone to steal a plant from someone's garden! Don't they know that gardeners carry pitchforks?

o

I know some peeps had a hard time finding it last fall, but that old Rona building on Fairview in Burlington (between Appleby and Walker's..beside the new Pioneer Pools, formerly White Rose) is still vacant..lots of parking..nooobody there.. ever. Any thoughts? (I still have rhubarb in a pot for someone...can't remember who it was promised to, but it's flourishing).

o

Sunday the 28th of May is good for me. I found quite easy last year location, so it is also OK with me.

I am looking for any berry plants (except for red raspberry) as I created a whole new area dedicated to berries. I am also looking for bushes with nice colour/nice textured leafs, anything out of the ordinary, as I am replanting an area I used before for Dahlias. It is a sunny area and I hope I can make it as beautiful and colourful as when I had Dahlias there, only I want it worry free - no more digging out in the fall, starting early spring indoor, and so on... I have beautiful Dahlias and great Cannas for trading.

nadia_smiles - thanks for the raspberry offer, but I am trying hard to keep my existing red raspberries under control... I will bring you Polygonum Orientale seeds, anyway, so don't worry. Is the maple tree still available? I might be interested in it. What type is it?
Lana

o

Hey Wendy that was my rhubarb that I dug up :o) I think it was for Tomygirl ... oh well .. if your not going to plant the whole thing save me a bit as I have a friend who would love some now :O) I personally liked it at the Rona .. nobody there to bug us .. Im not sure if Burlington is good for everyone what does everyone think??

Laura

o

Just joined this site. Would love to exchange - have tall zebra grass, as well as Miscanthus Dallas Blues - looking for Hellebores, Gillenia, other woodland plants.
Rona in Burlington works for me on May 28th.

o
grass naming mistake

Oops...that Miscanthus 'Dallas Blues' is actually a Panicum 'Dallas Blues'...sorry

o

Fri, May 5, 06 at 22:09

I found the Rona store easier to find, although it was such a cold day last fall that not many came.

o

I'm interested in attending. Location is not a problem for me . And 28 also will work for me. Thanks

o

Ok so lets make it May 28th @ 10:00 at the old Rona store in Burlington.

Let the trading begin!!!!!

I will post a list after the weekend as I have been so busy volunteering at the RBG for the past few months I dont know what I have and dont have :o)

Laura

o

Oh fiddle dee dee Laura, that was 'my' rhubarb that I dug up for Tommygirl..(I remembered.I remembered!) "Tommy can you hear me...I still have the rhubarb!"
I think you may still have a white lilac for me?? Anyhoo..I'm going to get busy with the Hypertufa and make some Rhubarb stepping stones once leaves are big enough. Willing to trade for weird/unusual stuff. I have a chain link fence I'm trying to hide, and provide some privacy, but there's a black walnut (my neighbour's) dripping down on everything. Any help would be most appreciated.
Stuff I have sprouted..the usual..BE susan..Purple cone..shasta daisy..oh oh ..kiss me over the garden gate..trumpet vine..clasping coneflower..macrocephala centaurea..If anyone wants me to prick any out & pot..let me know. Excited!!

o

Hummmm ... let me think Wendy .. a white lilac?? For you??? Ya it made it though the winter .. so did the little Maidens Blush ..thank goodness I know where to get more :o) The little white is blooming and almost got planted in my yard ..so your lucky you spoke up!! It smells soooooooooooooo good!! I picked up a little dappled lilac today :o) I dont even know what color the bloom is .. but I loved the leaves!!!! Oh and Wendy .... ya cant have it till its done blooming :oP Lets just call it payment for winter storage lol

Laura

o

Ok I will start with a little list of things I KNOW I have to trade

Caryopteris Bluebeard - 4 trades
Stevia - 3 trades
Fuchsia 'Lottie Hobbie' - 4 Trades
Jacob's Ladder - 2 trades
Rooted Brug cuttings - # and type to be determined
Robert Kemp Canna rhizomes

I will try to post a list of some of my seedlings very soon.

Laura

o

I poked around the garden this evening and it would seem that I have a few more offerings before I even go near the seedlings :o)

Stevia - 3 trades
Jacob's Ladder - 2 trades
Rooted Brug cuttings - # and type to be determined
Sedum ..I think it blooms pink..but I have tons
Spiderwort - 7 trades
Blue monkshood - 2 trades

I will try to get to the seedlings tomorrow.

Laura

o

Here is a list of things I have to swap..
Hosta-frances williams
Hosta-Standard green lots
Chain tree-just now taking root
Black Russian sunflower -seedlings
Amaranthus hammerhead-seedlings
gourds-birdhouse-seedlings
Flowering kale_seedlings
Hollyhocks black double-seedlings
sweet woodruff
Lambs ear
Lupins
Gout weed
Plume poppy
Bees Balm -pink
Stock -white
euonymus-winter creepers?
snow-in-summer
gooseneck loosestrife
lady's mantle
crane's bill geranium

Things I'm looking for
Geranium cuttings
Smoke Bushes
Astilbe
Geranium pelargonium or cuttings
Flowering Maple
Oleander-pink or red
Rockfoil
Brugs anything but yellow (rooted)
Burning Bush
Dogwood-flowering
coleus-joseph coat
Delphinium-Blue
Fried egg
Hibiscus-double flowering
Hibiscus large flowering (harty)
Looking for something for hot dry sunny location.
Tempt me

o

Mon, May 8, 06 at 5:16

Skraps,

I am definitely interested in several of the white gooseneck loosestrife. What colour of brug would you really love to have? Pink, coral, white? I think I have those available. Some are large, others are cuttings that are just beginning to take off. Let me know, please, so I can put a tag of it for you.

o

• Posted by laine2 z4&5 Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, May 8, 06 at 8:38

Hi Laura & Nadia good luck with your swap.Sorry won't be
there since I'm way to far East.Hope to make it to Markham, Unionville (Sydseeds)swap, also Trevor's in Peterborough.
Happy Swapping Take Care All, Elaine

o

Hi All
I'm back again. Glad to be back, and looking forwrad to this years swap. I'm going to try and bring some friends this year.

For trade by me:
-Artemisa
-Standard Daylilies (orange/maybe yellow)
-mayapple
-Forsythia division
-Big clump of Chalots
-Wild Geranium Division (yellow)
-Yellow Lustrife
-Small Hostas plain green)
-Lilly of the Valley
-More to come....always more

What I'd like:
-Anything thats hardy....
-woodland plants to accompany my orchids
-Tulips and spring bulbs
(someone gave me a bag last year..man...did they bloom)

I figure I here more for the swap circle than anything else, but if someone wants something specific...I'm more than happy to oblige.

BTW, anyone here going to the Markham swap?

o
Nadia's Swap List

Hi all,

Take a look and let me know what you'd like me to bring you.

haves:
amaranthus seeds
russian sage seeds
amaranthus seedlings
Italian parsley seedlings
Oregano seedlings
Cilantro seedlings
Thai basil or lemon basil seedlings (I'm not sure if both basils are sprouting or just one type is sprouting)
Purple basil seedlings
Amaranthus seedlings
Italian sunflower seedlings
violas
calendula
white spruce saplings (two)
garden hose (how did I end up with four hoses?) (one)

Wish list:
coleus
lobelia
verbena
Alyssum
Ageratum
columbine
ivy geranium, red
Hemerocallis
clematis (Henryi, 'Fair Rosamond', Sunset, viticella 'Venosa Violacea', 'William Kennett', Ramona, viticella 'Etoile Violette')

o

orchid20 is the Yellow Lustrife on your trade our familiar Creeping Jenny (Yellow Loosestrife)?
Lana

o
Directions to West Swap

Directions to the West spring swap:
From the 403, exit at Appleby line
Turn south on Appleby line
Turn west (right) on Fairview street
You'll see the Rona building on the North side of the street

Here is the address of Pioneer Pools, which is next door to the old Rona building just in case you want to get better directions.
4265 Fairview Street,
Burlington, ON L7L 2A4

Thank you so much for looking that info up for me Nadia :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Map

o

Sounds interesting - besides the tall grasses mentioned earlier I could add the following if there is any interest:
3 Artemisia lactiflora 'Guizho'
2 Anemone (the common mauve one, blooms late summer)
2 Boltonia
1 Golden Agastache
2 Hemerocallis - double orange flowers
1 Eupatorium atropurpureum
2 Agrostemma
Am interested in the Mayapples, also the compost, woodlanders.

o

Buddn. I would like one each of these Agrostemma and Eupatorium atropurpureum . Please check my list to see what I can bring you ..

o

Hey Lana
The "Lustrife", isn't a creeping jenny, at least not the same as the "other" creeping jenny in my garden. But due to those dam common names, we could be saying the same thing. I will take a picture, and then switch to latin names....

As for my mayapple, a trade for a boltonia or agastache works for me....

o
Groundcover for full shade

Does anyone have any swappable groundcover (8" or shorter in height) that will do well in full shade? If you do, please see my swap list, above (Nadia's Swap List), and let me know what I can bring you.

Thanks!
Nadia

o

Skraps, I'll trade the Agrostemma and Eupatorium for Hosta 'Frances Wiliams' and white stocks.
Orchid 420, trade Boltonia for Mayapple.
Thanks.
Anyone interested in an Anthriscus sylvestris 'Raven's Wing"?

o

Stuff I will be bringing..hypertufa stepping stones (rhubarb leaves), Solomon's seal, and some Datura if my sprouties survive. Looking for things for a butterfly garden, especially 2nd year Joe Pye if anyone might have some. Will keep posting things as they take off..been so cold here by the lake..brrr.

o

• Posted by skraps 6a ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, May 11, 06 at 21:24

My Planned swaps so far.

Wendy2shoes: I would like one of your stepping stone.Can you give me a idea of what you would like.

Jroot: white gooseneck loosestrife for a brug.

Buddn:Agrostemma and Eupatorium for Hosta 'Frances Wiliams' and white stock

Peatpod: oleander and the double yellow
tiny hibiscus .For A passion flower.

o

Hi all -- just found this thread - good date and location for me!

Wendy - that was me re the rhubarb! I forget what I had for you in return tho...

Will nose around the yard and see what I have. Various shade ground covers, some tomato seedlings, himilayan impatiens...

What I want:

DAYLILIES! Many and any. My big project this spring is to plant an unsightly area that technically is my neighbour's land but borders mine, with maintenance-free lilies to replace the weeds and litter. I've already planted quite a few but need more yet, esp if a few are other than the standard orange.

A few ferns would be helpful, too.

Looking forward to it.

Susan

o

Susan..the Rhubarb is still potted & ready to go..I can't remember what the trade was either,Himalayan Impatiens would be fine...my w/s ones are duds. I have gazillions of the regular orange grows-along-the-highway daylily if you want some more.
Skraps..I'll take the standard hosta for the stone. Hoping it dries up soon 'cause I need some dry weather for curing. See you on the 28th!

o

Wendy - I'd LOVE some regular old daylilies - I need tons, so the more the merrier. Don't even bother to pot them - just shake the soil off and stick them in a bag (it's not as if one could kill them...).

Will bring you the impatiens.

Susan

o

Wed, May 17, 06 at 10:05

buddn : Do you still have the Anthriscus sylvestris 'Raven's Wing? If so I would like to trade for it.

o

Skraps, I've swapped the Anthriscus offsite to Nadia. I can dig up another one if you don't mind getting some Siberian Iris entwined with it. Let me know.

o

Wed, May 17, 06 at 16:24

Buddn: That would be perfect thanks..Dont mind the Siberian Iris I like them to

o

Okay, skraps, it's yours. The Siberian Iris is tougher than I thought and the Anthriscus came out alone. It'll need some TLC probably, as it is about 10 inches tall already, so probably in some shock. I would trade for some flowering kale...thanks.

o

Wed, May 17, 06 at 21:13

Thanks Buddn I have some flowering kale set aside for you .

o

Hey Skraps..re the KMOTGG, I'll take another hosta, if that's OK...

o

Thu, May 18, 06 at 13:26

The standard one I have is called a lanfoli. You are welcome to have lots of it. I could bring you a frances william. I have to go and check what else I can offer you .

I will email you directly on that if you don't want the lanfoli.

o

Thu, May 18, 06 at 17:40

Okay, I FINALLY got a chance to determine what surplus stock I have. Anyone interested?

10 canna lilies - tall variety when mature

2 green castor plants - VERY tall variety when mature

3 single white dahlia - 3-4 foot tall when mature

1 yellow pompom dahlia - 3 foot tall when mature

1 yellow star dahlia - 3 foot tall when mature

2 single purple dahlia - 2 - 3 foot tall when mature

1 kelvin flood dahlia - large dinnerplate - 3+ foot tall

3 Frosty Pink brugmansia rooted cuttings - a good bloomer when mature.

2 bog iris (yellow - I think) tall mine were 3 feet tall last year

1 tall blue grass - spreading - 3-4 foot tall when mature

Please let me know if anyone is interested in these.

o

Jroot,
I'm interested in the bog iris. What might you be looking for?

o

Thu, May 18, 06 at 23:13

Oh, I don't know. Something tall, that will take sun, and fill in a dead spot near the bush at the back of the property. I have some tall yellow "outhouse" flowers about 6 feet tall, but I need something to contrast with them.

o

Hey jroot..the brug cuttings are planted out, hoping they do well, only lost a a couple of leaves from the transition from inside to out. I have some "Ozark Blue Star" sprouted which may be a good contrast to your outhouse flowers, also a zillion purple amaranth (thanks peatpod..I think!) sproutlings coming up from last year's plant which I can pot up. ( Why I bothered wintersowing them is beyond me).. Also have Inula Sonnenspeer sprouted, but that's yellow too. If you'd be interested in them, I'd take a canna (?)

o

Fri, May 19, 06 at 15:28

Wendy, that would be nice. I was given some seeds for the amaranth last year, but I have not got around to planting them yet, so sure that would be great. The Inula Sonnenspeer is interesting too, so I'll put your name on two cannas.

Buddn, I will put your name on the bog iris. Surprise me with something, okay?

o

jroot, how do you feel about either the Boltonia (tall, about 6 feet, with a cloud of white asterlike flowers late summer - spectacular in a clump), or the Artemisia lactiflora 'Guizo' (also tall, with more spikelike tiny white flowers - very airy)?

o

I have been attempting to pot up my seedlings .. so here is most of what I have to bring.

Stevia - 3 trades
Blue Jacob's Ladder - 3 trades
Rooted Brug cuttings - 2 Pink Beauty
- 3 Charles G.
- 2 Unknown Orange
Angel Wing Begonia - 4 Rooted cuttings
Hoya - 2 Rooted cuttings
Single Red Tropical Hibiscus - 3 Rooted Cuttings
Double Yellow Tropical Hibiscus - 2 Rooted Cuttings
Sedum ..I think it blooms pink..but I have tons
Spiderwort - 7 trades
Blue monkshood - 2 trades

Seedlings

Canna seedlings
4 O'Clock Broken Colors
Livingston Daisies
Pink Hardy Hibiscus
Love Lies Bleeding
Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate
Pride of Barbadoes
Zinnia Giant Cactus Mix
Sunflower Florenza
Sunflower Big Smile
Sunflower Italian White
Sunflower Music Box
Cosmo Sensation
Morning glory - sunrise serenade

There are a few more but that's it for now
Laura

o

Sat, May 20, 06 at 13:50

PEATPOD: I would like one each of your Pink Hardy Hibiscus
and your Sunflower Italian White seedlings. I have some black russian sunflower seedlings if you would like some.
By the way did your plume poppys come back that I gave you last yr?

o

Sat, May 20, 06 at 16:18

Buddn, the Boltonia sounds good to me. Nice surprise, as I truly love the wild aster look. I have several other tall wild aster plants starting to come along as well. That's a good trade.

o

Skraps ... I will put the seedlings aside for you. And yes the Plum Poppy came back ... EVERYWHERE LOL

o

Sun, May 21, 06 at 10:33

jroot's summary so far:

skraps - mature white brug - in exchange for - gooseneck loosestrife

Buddn - 2 bog iris pots - in exchange for - Boltonia

Wendy2Shoes - 2 canna lilies(maybe more if folks not wanting them) - in exchange for - Amaranth seedlings

Did I leave anyone out?

Still available:
8 canna lilies - tall variety when mature

3 Frosty Pink brugmansia rooted cuttings - a good bloomer when mature.

o
RE: West End Tailgater ???

Sun, May 21, 06 at 10:42

Peatpot : Thanks for organizing this event. I am looking forward to it.

I hope everyone's plants survive the predicted frost this weekend ( Sunday, Monday and possibly Tuesday). I'll be digging up the brug trees I had placed already, and bringing in any tenders.

o

John ... I too took all of my brugs indoors. I covered my tenders with empty pots and I am crossing my fingers. I had tons of cannas in pots, caladiums, EE's etc .. I wasnt quite sure where to put everything but I managed to get most of it into my little sesonal GH. I am going to cover the seedlings that I potted up earlier with a sheet and hope for the best :o)

John is there anything on my list that I could swap you for a Frosty Pink? I do have a cutting of HG that you could have ... but Im sure you already have that one.

Laura

o

Sun, May 21, 06 at 22:13

Laura,

Your Double Yellow Tropical Hibiscus sounds interesting. I'd take both in exchange for a couple of brugs .... definitely a frosty pink or two or three. Let me know.

Is anyone interested in sand screenings? I have a couple of pails full that I need to get out of my gazebo, after we put a stone floor into it. If no one asks for them soon, I think they'll find their way on a country road. They are good for mixing with soil that needs drainage improved.

o

John I will put the last two little guys away for you. They arnt much to look at yet but Im sure they will take off over the summer. I have been rooting them since last summer when my neighbour pruned his back.

Laura

o

Mon, May 22, 06 at 7:16

Okay, Laura.

Two small double yellow hibiscus for three small Frosty Pink cuttings is good.

I still have available:
8 canna lilies - tall variety when mature

and a few boxes of sand screenings for mixing into clay soil, or for putting under patio stones so they don't heave.

o
jroot's trades so far

Tue, May 23, 06 at 12:08

jroot's summary so far:
skraps - mature white brug - in exchange for - gooseneck loosestrife

Buddn - 2 bog iris pots - in exchange for - Boltonia

Wendy2Shoes - 2 canna lilies(maybe more if folks not wanting them) - in exchange for - Amaranth seedlings

Peatpod - 3 Frost Pink cuttings - in exchange for - 2 double yellow hibiscus

Nadia Smiles - several boxes of sand screenings - in exchange for - some hosta.

Did I leave anyone out?

o
//Looking for Hyacinth Bean Vine

I've sowed them twice...sprouted and then.. toast. It's just been too cold by the lake. If anyone has a successfully sprouted one, please let me know and what you might be looking for. I have Kiss Me OTGG, some small, but lookin' O.K. white datura sprouts, verbascum nigrum, and centaurea macrocephala. If you could help me out, most appreciated. Oh..one survivor from 20+ seeds of "Star of Yelta".MG.if anyone has another, will trade. Made about 10 Hypertufa rhubarb leaf stepping stones..if anybody is interested...;)

o

Wendy I have some Red MG's Sunrise Serenade and also a few Picotee Blue have poked their heads up recently ... are you interested in either of those?? I also have two Hyacinth Bean Vine babies that you are welcome to .. I dont even have room for them at this point and they are just little. RBG has some that they have for sale .. I think they are 8.00 but they are a nice size and ready to go. I might be able to get a better deal on one for you. LMK
Laura

o

Sweet laura re: the Hyacinth sprouts..don't want to spend the gas to go to the RBG. Do you want a sprouted eddo? Lookin' good..two leaf shoots, and another on the way. Looking forward to Sunday. It's going to be Hot Hot Hot!!

o

Wendy that would be cool .. it will be neat to see if there is a big difference in them compaired to the other EE's I have yet to see sprout :o) I will put the seed babies aside for you.

Laura

o

So...who's bringing the beer?

o

Thu, May 25, 06 at 21:32

Did someone say, "beer"? Are you trying to get a better deal from us? LOL

o

Hi All
For a while there, it seemed as if I wasn't going to make it. This is definitely going to be the most busy weekend I can remember.

I don't really have any pre arranged trades, except for the mayapple, so I think I'm just going to come with most of whats on my list -some divisions from the garden- and drop 'em in the circle.

Are there any 'budding' gardeners comming out this year? As I wouldn't mind returning the favour I got last year.

Well, I look forward to seeing you all. And yeah...do cover those plants...I always say to wait until june....

List Additions
-3 pots of Columbine - deep purple with white center
-3 monarda divisons (w/roots)
-3 artemesia pots (one large)
-a pot with some large lily bulbilis' (year/two from bloom)

o

My neighbour is taking care of her daughters class garden and is looking for plants that need minimal care over the summer. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate?? Im sure she could use the extra help :o) Even some suggestions about plant selection would be great.

Also if anyone has items they want carted away after the swap I will be glad to take them and dontate our "offerings" to the RBG Auxillery to sell at their plant sales. They still sell plants on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and will appreciate the extras.

Laura

o

Sat, May 27, 06 at 23:07

I might have some extras I can donate .I also do that for my grandsons daycare. Children love to garden .. Look forward seeing you all tomarrow.

o

Sun, May 28, 06 at 15:21

Laura and Nadia,

Let me thank you both for organizing a wonderful plant swap this morning. I went with a trunk full, and back seat full of surplus plants, and as usual came back with different plants. This time, fortunately, only a half trunk full. I started to plant already, but it is just too hot to do anymore, so I thought that I would take a moment to express thanks from all involved.

Laura, I haven't yet told my wife the name of that blue vine you gave me. I will have to make sure my youthful neighbour and his young fiance don't get too excited when they see it. LOL

o

Mon, May 29, 06 at 21:33

Thanks very much peatpod for the great swap . Had a blast a usual. Hope to finish my planting in the next couple of days..Have a great summer everyone ..See you all in the fall.

o
Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone that came out. I had a great time...despite the late arrival due to traffic/rubberneckers. I appreciate everyone's generosity...and the last-minute boost (apparently, the truck battery's been acting up). I'm sure I'll see you all in the fall. Until then, happy gardening!

Nadia

o

Tue, May 30, 06 at 12:35

For some reason, Peatpod's message as well as Buddn's messages were removed. Very strange. They appreciated the plant trading day as well.

o

Thanks, JRoot, I don't know what happened to my message. As you said, I was appreciative and wished all a good season.

o

Thanks everyone, Laura, especially, for a wonderful Sunday. Been so hot..some of the babies I planted out need extra care..looking forward to the new weird and wonderful things that will be flowering.
Regards..Wendy

o

Hummmm .. I wonder why my message was deleted?? Oh well ... I had a wonderful time meeting everyone and picking up some wonderful plants. It was a great day. My neighbour would also like to thank everyone for all of the wonderful plants that returned home with me .. they were quickly swept away to be planted at the school :o)

Take care and happy gardening to all
Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here