Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Plant exchange Vancouver Island

Posted by Doreen5050 BC (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 2:57

Would anyone be interested in doing a quality plant exchange this spring on Vancouver Island. I live in Qualicum Beach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Plant exchange Vancouver Island

• Posted by wolfcub vancouver islan (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 18:55

Doreen what are you looking for? I am in Errington. Cheers Marj.

o

Hi Marj,

I am fairly new here and putting together a garden. I was surprised that there are not many perennial exchanges going on. I have a ton of pink dahlias and it broke my heart to compost another ton of irises.
I would like to find some allium and put together a variety of herbs including rosemary, thymes etc.
I thought it might be fun to have a one day exchange as well.
Are you at the QB garden club.

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 10:49

Hi Doreen No I am not with the garden club I have lots of hosta and Daylilies. Also rosemary if you want to try cuttings. I am growing more veggies and going out of flowers.

o

Hi
Thank you I would love some rosemary. I am also getting more into veg and edibles.
Is there anything you are looking for?
Doreen

o

I'm in Nanoose and have a friend in Cedar. Calamity Jane who'd also like to trade some perenials. I've got some allium, a couple types of mint, geraniums, daisies, oregano, and basil. Quite a few more flowers.
I'd love some pink dahlias, or any color but red and yellow. Really like the idea of trading for a few different things. I'm not a member of any local club.
Cindy

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 17:52

Hi Cindy we have traded before a few years back How are you? Shall we do this trade swap in early May? I also have lots of Heirloom veggie seeds.

o

Hi Marj, I remember a trade before. I am doing fine. I'd love to do a trade in early May. Let me put my thinking cap on to make up a list and I'll talk to Calamity Jane as well.
how are you doing?
Cindy

o

Hey!!! I'm in! I am actually heading out this morning to the Seedy Saturday! I have some nice yummy garlic chives and oregano, I have raspberry pixie daylily, and a ton of purple primrose!

o

Hello Sorry I haven't been on lately. Klinger just let me know how many hundred pink dahlia you need I am sure I can deliver. I also have an overabundance of bergenia and garden pinks aka dianthus looking for a home.
As you can see I am overwhelmed by pink things in my garden.
I will probably have some other items coming up in Mar. Apr. that would like to be divided.
Doreen

o

Is anyone interested in some ever bearing raspberries? I have about 25.

o

I would LOVE to participate in a plant or seed exchange this Spring! I won't have much to trade this year, being that I've just moved and had to leave most of my plants behind, but I am constantly looking for things. (You composted irises? I'd have LOVED to have some.)

IF anyone has plants they want to get rid of, ask me, I love perennial flowers and berry bushes. I can trade seed (Once I get my list updated) or I can trade other things (I make handmade jewelry, would be willing to do custom or repair work. I also do simple haircuts, and some sewing work.)

Let me know if this gets off the ground or if I am too late! Thanks!

Mishi/Michelle/Scribblez

o

Hi Mishi
I have alot of dahlias pink, about 5' they are common but really nice filler. I also have a goose berry bush that is ready to go at any time plus a few raspberries left.
No worries I just would prefer they found a place to grow.
It was a shame about the irises.
You can e-mail me direct at derobertson(at)hotmail.com.
I haven't heard much from anyone else lately so it may have fizzled. It would be great to have enough people to create an annual tailgate meeting.

o

Hi, let's not let this fizzle.I've just returned from a holiday. I'm sure Jane is still in also. I'd love some pink dahlias. My email adress is csquires(at)shaw.ca .I'll do a wander around and see what else I have, but I know I have extra iris, so can for sure pass on some of those.
Cindy

o

Doreen: I can't remember if I've emailed you back or not. I've been sick with a tonsil infection and everything is kind of fuzzy (Pain meds and all)

If I haven't got back to you can you let me know? I'm really interested in the plants you've offered :)

o

Hi I did get your message and am happy to pass some things along. I am not too worried about exchange but some trades are always nice. I am mainly looking for clumpers and small shrubs. I tried to post a couple of days ago but it did not go up. Sorry about that., Hope you are feeling better.
I will be away from Apr. 16-27 so any time is good.

o

Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 23:19

HI i am still here If everyone wants to meet at my place in Errington you are all welcome I have tons of daylilies to go also some hostas and who know what else I also have tons of seeds. How about the first week in May?? Marj

o

Hi Marj May sounds great to me. I will be out of the country until the end of Apr. so I could use a few days to get organized. This also means I will be seeding late. Do you have a list of things you are looking for?
If anyone is looking for something in particular please post it up because I would hate to miss bringing at least a piece if I have some.
My plants have rarely been fertilized and will not be fertilized further but they are in happy soil. I 'm taking the organic master gardener course so am changing my ways. I was usually too lazy to fertilize anyway but it turns out that was a good thing.
Cheers

o

Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 17:08

Ok Lets plan this for Sat. May11 between 1 - 3 If you wish to email me at raymarj@shaw.ca I will give you my addy and directions. Hope you can all help relieve me of some of the Daylilies that need new homes. I also have Hostas and some other plants Cheers Marj

o

That sounds good, I'll let Jane know and we'll come up with a list of stuff we have extra of . We'd love some daylilies and pink dahlias for sure.
cindy

o

Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 10:30

Are we still on for the 11 of May??? I have a few Curly willow trees and some garry oaks. Would love some pink dahlias Cheers Marj

o

I am good for the 11th. I notice that the dahlias are wanting to sprout so will put some in a pot to make sure they get a start for you. Look forward to meeting up
Cheers
Doreen

o

Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:49

Ok is anyone going to come out on the 11 of May? the Address is 1269 Fraser Road Errington. Come down Errington Road to Matterson (right turn) then a left turn on to Fraser. (a no through road) Cheers Marj

o

Sounds great. What time is good for you?
The dahlias are just starting to show some leaf.
Can anyone let me know if they want
Dianthus
Berginia
Iris
1 gallon pots
I will also bring the extra everbearing raspberries I have
I guess when we meet up we can find out more about who wants what and make arrangements to pass back and forth.
Cheers Doreen

o

Thu, May 2, 13 at 21:17

I think between 1 and 3 I would like some of your plants don't need gallon pots I have over 1000 no kiddung and would like to get rid of a few hundred. I have
bronze fennel
curly willow
red weigelia
daylilies
michelmas daisies (think I spelt that wrong)
fox gloves
still have to seperate the hosta's
Also have pool plant forget me not's Looking forward to meeting you
Cheers Marj

o

Jane and I are still in, I'll figure out we are going to bring and let you know. Look forward to meeting you and getting some new plants.
Cindy

o

I'd like pink dahlias, and dianthus.I could use a few pots. I've had to use plastic bags to repot a few things,:(. Love red weigelia and some day lilies.
I've got
crocomosia
iris
valerian
geranium
chives
red and yellow dahlias
chicks and hens
scillas
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cindy

o

I have purple primrose, yellow daylily, purple daylily, red peony, rhodo(orangy pink?) Spiderwort, mondarta, pink yarrow, tigerlilies, globethistle, spearmint, thyme, grasses, hens and chicks, hardy fushia, red climbing rose....

o

I would love some
red weigelia
hens & chicks
chives
Hosta (I can help separate if you like)
1 red& yellow dahlia

How many 1 gal pots? I also have some 2 gal if needed. Let me know.

I also have a couple of

parsley plants (reg)

and can take some pieces from

White candy tuft

does anyone want the
raspberries
berginia

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Doreen

o

I'd love about 10 pots, maybe 5 2 gallon ones.I'd like some parsley too! Jane could I have some pink yarrow?
Cindy

o

Hi all

Hope your plant swap goes well

Gee that is tomorrow

Wish I where gardening on the island as well

But am in Ontrio Did live in Kelowna. I see, or so it seems though that on the Island one can grow so many things that are unusual in Canada

I do have a place in Florida so dont get me wrong I garden year round But think I would change it for a spot on the island
Seems from what I read that property though, is very pricey.
Can anyone post some photos of the plant sale and all of you Wouldn't that be neat to see.
Hope it goes well and hats off to you wolfcub for offering your home for a meeting spot

I'd be there but would be a long drive for sure.

Diane

o

I've got some indoor plant babies I can share. they are called mother of millions, or mexican hat plant. Kind of a neat succulent, does any one want one?
Cindy

o

is it not the day of your plant exchange
I am hoping to hear how it all goes

o

Fri, May 10, 13 at 18:06

I have also added 16 Tomato plants to my mix-- red hot poker plants-- some sedum Autumn joy also some mixed columbines. Most of the daylilies are tagged with their names. All are registered varieties. Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow hope the rain holds of.
Marj

o

I will bring my camera so we can take a picture for Diane!!

o
I'm also bringing...

Forgot to mention.... I'm also bringing Aftermidnight...another Garden webber!!!! ;-)

o

Sorry I tried to post earlier but it did not go up
If it is not too late I would take some
Allium
spearmint
globe thistle
chives
oregano
Thank you Wolfcub for hosting this
Great fun looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers
Doreen

o

Calamity
Gee thanks for thinking to take some photos
For myself, but would be nice for you all I think

Rainy morning here in Ontario Almost eight am
I bought some bagged top soil yesterday as I have an area of lawn that was dug up last fall for redoing my sewer line. So have this morning gone out in the rain, to spread the soil
Came in, as it is raining and I am freezing, but will go out and put down the seed in an hour or so
Nothing like a rainy day for grass seed. So I am thinking.
Not so good for an old gal though.

Made me think of all of you and how did the sale go yesterday?

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 10:22

Hi Diane
Thanks for thinking of us out here on the Wet (west) coast. Today is the day for our little plant trade I just went out to water and it is starting to rain. hope it holds of till later this afternoon if if is going to come down. But when you live in a rain forest you have to allow the rain to fall. Hope you get your seeding done stay warm
Cheers Marj

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 12:44

So glad you are bringing Annette( aftermidnight) with you.

o
Great to meet you all

Mishi I am sorry I didn't get to meet you today but there are plants available for your garden. You are more than welcome to come to my garden to see if there is anything you would like some of. I still have plenty of irises, pink dahlias,lilies, and some raspberries etc... so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Klinger also brought some lovely Hyper turfa pots filled with succulents so I have an extra if you would like to have it.
I am sure between us you will have a good collection of perennials in no time at all.
Drop me a line anytime at derobertson@hotmail.com
What a delightful group
Cheers
Doreen

o
Great to meet you all

Mishi I am sorry I didn't get to meet you today but there are plants available for your garden. You are more than welcome to come to my garden to see if there is anything you would like some of. I still have plenty of irises, pink dahlias,lilies, and some raspberries etc... so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Klinger also brought some lovely Hyper turfa pots filled with succulents so I have an extra if you would like to have it.
I am sure between us you will have a good collection of perennials in no time at all.
Drop me a line anytime at derobertson@hotmail.com
What a delightful group
Cheers
Doreen

o

It was wonderful to meet you all and I am so happy with the treasures I brought home. Mishi, you are also welcome to come and get some stuff from my yard. I always have a few extras.
Marj, thanks for having us.
Cindy

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 21:24

Mishi. So sorry we didn't get to meet you today there are lots of left over perennials here if you would like them please email me at raymarj@shaw.ca
Cheers Marj

o

Me too :), it was really nice putting faces to names, you're a great bunch of gals.
Although I didn't bring much to trade I did come home with a couple of treasures, maybe we can do this again next year hint, hint, hint.

Annette

o

What a blast!!! I felt like a shark having a feeding frenzy...lol!!! Allll those plants.....I wish I had checked what else to bring...but EVERYONE is more than welcome to stop by and visit my garden of weedin'!
wolfcub: It was so nice of you to have us all, thanks for the tour and digging up stuff as we drooled!!! ;-)
Doreen5050: Thanks for the plants and the tip> never leave home without rooting harmone!!!!
klinger and aftermidnight; Thanks for putting up with me and my other "HAD TO" stop places! ;-)
dianev44: http://s252.photobucket.com/user/calamity-j/library/Garden Web Gals

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Gals

o

Sun, May 12, 13 at 0:43

What a great time. We must do it again maybe in the fall hint hint. By then I should have my garden of weedin cleaned up. Thanks for all the goodies. And the laughs so good to put faces to names Must remember the rooting hormone what a great idea.

o

No hot flashes in my garden!
I have jar for soft tissue and one for hard (woody)
it lasts forever so when we meet up again I will be happy to make up some little packets. Handy stuff for sure.
I would love to do this again any time. I will probably have some astilbe and keep my eye out for good traders.
Happy planting!

o

I just found your happy little group and although I'm too late for this plant exchange, I would be happy to join in on a late fall one.
I will pot up some shrubs etc. in case you will have it. (Ever bearing raspberries sound great.)

o

Oh Gee

Is a glorius day here in Ontario and I have my fiine grandson Zack out here helpiing me do some chores
But seeing this email makes me a bit sad not to be there

o

Sorry I was unable to make it, I had no way of getting all the way up island (I live in the Greater Victoria area)

If we do one in the fall, I'll try to get there! If we could do it a little further south this time I'd appreciate it too since I don't have a car and would have to beg for the use of my mother-in-law's car to get to the exchange. I'm even willing to host the plant exchange at my place if everyone else is able to get down to Victoria, or I could carpool with someone else going up island.

o

Mon, May 20, 13 at 17:18

Oh Scribblez Sorry you couldn,t come if you would have emailed me I had a friend from Victoria staying for a week she went home yesterday I could have loaded up her car for you. Send me your Address and if she is up in the next little while I will send some things for you. Cheers Marj

o

Hi Patsyann
I still have some raspberries. I live in Qualicum they would love a bright sunny home let me know. I could add in some irises and a couple of dahlias. I am growing on some other things for the fall fun. It really was a neat little meet-up.

Marj I still have the dahlias. They are still in the ground and coming up nicely for you. Sorry I have taken so long my laptop (life) crashed and had to be replaced and then rain and then I finally got a job and on and on. I am going on a tour Thursday and hope to have them to you by the end of the week-end. They had some lovely jalapeño cheese bread at the farm market I discovered on Errington Rd. Yum.
Mish I am sure something will work out. If you do get up this way drop a line.

o

His I a marvelous group. I am in Nanoose Bay and am sorry I missed this plant swap. I am always separating plants as they need to be divided and hate to throw them away. Alas, I end up with an area with plants for future homes.
Right now I believe I have Darmera (Peltaphyllum), Eupatorium (Joe Pie Weed), Brugmansia, some Calla lily juvenilles in pots (large yellow flower/w spotted leaves). May have something else, have to check.
Rick

o

Hi Rick, too bad you missed us, it was great. We all got some real treasures. I'm also in Nanoose, I'd love some Joe Pie Weed.Perhaps we could swap a cple things? I don't see how to contact you so hope you see this.
Cindy

o

Hi Rick, too bad you missed us, it was great. We all got some real treasures. I'm also in Nanoose, I'd love some Joe Pie Weed.Perhaps we could swap a cple things? I don't see how to contact you so hope you see this.
Cindy

o

Good afternoon everyone. I'm new to this forum but not the area. I live in Lantzville and have a lot of plants available for trade. I live the the farm at the corner of Superior and the Highway. There are two horses in our field that people see as they drive by. I creating a small nursury but not really interested in selling plants yet so willing to trade what I have. I'm working on a list of plants but going from memory I have the following. Most of them are in 1 gal pots. I'll post the list when I have it. I'm looking for more shade plants for the gardens

Here is a link that might be useful: Our website

o

Looked at your web site

You have done some very fine work and for sure a great deal of work

Every success

o

Hi Don, I know where you are, drive by lots. I checked your website. Looks like lots of projects on the go. Couldn't see a list of your plants though. You've beautiful property.
Cindy

o

I'll work on the list this weekend and post it here and on the website. Busy installing another 300' of fence in the pasture for the next few days. After work of course.

o

You're a busy guy! I'll be off camping for the weekend, I'll check back in next week.
Cheers
Cindy

o

Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 10:12

Nice to see some new names on our list We will have to do a swap for sure in the fall. Cheers Marj

o

Hi Cindy,
I do not frequent this page regularly, but glad to see there are others in area as well as the whole Island and surrounding areas.
You should be able to send an email?
I have been collecting and starting plants for some time and frequent another website, but most people are from the U.S. and it is not possible to trade plant material.
My recent addiction for the past few years has been Succulents. Mainly Adeniums (desert rose) and Pachypodiums. All considered fat plants.

I would love to take part in a plant swap/trade in the Fall.
As for the Joe Pye Weed. You can definitely get some. I love the fall interest with this plant.
Rick

o

Just a follow up here is a list of the plants that we have currently in pots ready to go. I think this is most of them. So drop me a line if you wish to drop by and swap.

Laurel 1 gal
Sage 1 gal
Shasta daisies lots 1 gal
Oriental poppies some
Chives some
Maximillion Sunflower 2 gal
Liatris 1 gal just about to flower
Laliacs 2 gal
Foxglove lots of varieties
Sweet pea 2 gal
Chestnut trees seedlings
Lupins 1 gal
Dianthus 1 gal (just potted)
Mexican hat some
Black eye Susan some
Coreopsis early sunrise and other varieties. 1 gal
aquiliga 3" various varieties
Some 3" Crimson King
Strawberries 2 gal

Don

o

Hi,
Rick I don't see a contact email for you, would you mind sending me one? I would like some joe pie weed. If you are into succulents I do have Kalanchoe daigremontiana . Just gave away a few other succulents I had.
Don, I'd be interested in in some sage, and oriental poppies, what sort of things are you looking for?
Cindy

o

I'm looking for shade plants. We have a lot of fruit trees, maple, chestnut, lilac and other trees that I'm building gardens under. Or any perennial.

o

• Posted by pwin 8a (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 18:45

Hello everyone! I just found this thread. I'm from the greater Victoria area. It's so nice to see others on here who live on the island. I don't have anything to trade right now unless someone wants a bucket of iris pallida ssp pallida rhizomes. Next year, I might be ready to trade something more substantial, so I hope everyone gets together again!
Maria

o

Hi
Just thought I would touch base. Really looking forward to some rain. I started working so have not been on. My schedule has settled somewhat now.
I am starting to look around my garden for trades for the fall. Hope everyone has been having a great summer.
Cheers
Doreen

o

Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 12:51

Hi Doreen What a dry summer we have had but I must say the Dahlia's are doing great I ended up with a nice selection of colours. I will be down for two or three weeks then I will start potting things up. Hope everyone had a great summer. Cheers Marj

o

Hi all, I'm hoping we can do another swap this fall. I've got to work a lot of weekends but I have Sunday Oct 27th off, I'd be happy to have every one met at my place in Nanoose that day. Don't know if that's too late in the fall for everyone or just right. I've got some red and yellow dahlia tubers, orange crocomosia, purple iris, perrenial geraniums, cuttings from a versicolor brug and impatiens niamenasis. hostas. I'm sure there will be more, I want to thin and move a few things.
Cheers Cindy

o

I have not taken part in your plant trade/swap, but wouldn't mind taking part if space allows. I could make it on weekends if this is what you choose.
Have many things in garden to share and will list a few things if you do go ahead with it.
Always needing to divide and make room.
Rick

o

Hi, Rick,
I think more is good for a plant swap.We end up with a bigger selection then.Hopefully this will be as good as the spring one.
Cindy

o

Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 0:00

Hi Cindy
Thanks for offering to host the fall swap I am recovering from surgery but will be happy to try to get some things together. I will mark the date and keep checking in at this page. Looking forward to seeing every one.
Marj

o

A swap on October 27th sounds great. I have over 800 plants available so I'll have to bring a smaller sample. :-)

o

My next door neighbor is an avid gardener and she would like to take part?
With this plant swap/exchange. Do we post what we might have so that individuals may choose on this site prior to the Oct. date or do we just bring along everything we have?
I may have many to share, but not necessarily needing to receive that much.
Sounds like a nice event. Sharing plants is what it is all about.
Thanks,
Rick

o

Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 20:02

I have a few hundred 1 gallon plastic pots is anyone would like them
Marj

o

So glad we are doing this again, it was so fun to see/meet everyone last time!! I will look around and see what I will bring to the table...

o

I'm going to move a few things around in my yard this fall. I'll have a few extras available.
Things available
Red,yellow,or Burgundy dahlias
Orange crocomosias
Purple iris
1 small hydrangea
Bergenia
Decorative grass
Impatience niamenasis (Congo cockatiel plant) has to be wintered inside
Mother of millions, succulent has to be wintered inside
Perrenial geraniums
Cuttings from versicolor brugmansia
Green and cream hosta
3 types of mint
Strawberry plants
Orange day lily
Blueberry bush
Seeds from hollyhocks, poppies, cosmos

What I'd like
Brug cutting
Primula
Iris, any color but purple
Monarda
Cheers, Cindy

o

Hello,
Not completely sure of how this works?
I have any number of plants that I am willing to share with others, althought I may not bring them along unless there is interest.
Some of the plants I have:
Primula 'Gold Lace Group'
Hemerocallis 'Franz Hals'
Eupatorium 'fistulosum' - Joe Pye Weed
Darmera (Peltiphyllum) 'peltatum'
Tiarella 'wherryi'
Zantedeschia 'aethiopica' (Hardy White Calla lily)
Filipendula 'rubra' (Queen of the Prairie)
Hosta - Variegated (white/green)
Sedum 'spectabile' (Autumn Joy)
Euphorbia 'characias ssp. wulfenii' (seedlings)
Cyclamen 'hederifolium' (seeldings)
Cardiocrinum 'giganteum' (2yr. old seedlings) a few
Helleborus 'orientalis' (cream white w/ green speckles)
3 Forms of Brugmansia cutting (if know ahead)
-Pink/Salmon
-Pale Yellow
-Drk. Yellow (Pendant)
Sequoiadendron 'giganteum' (1 Gal.) - 1
Annual Morning Glory seeds - mixed and some named
(open pollinated)
Adenium 'obesum' (Desert Rose) indoor- other than summer - a couple

I may have something else and can post a later date.

I would like to get some:
Sedums (low growing and/or variegated)
Other unusual and interesting plants

Rick

o

Hi Rick, you have a big list! I'd really like cuttings of your 3 brugs,
I'd lost all my various cuttings last winter and am down to just the 1 versicolor, you might like a cutting of it , goes yellow to pink. The other unusual plant I have is the I patience niamenasis, and the mother of millions.
I'd also like Joe pye weed and primula, and hellebore.
I might have some sedums you'd like, you can look at them and see, I don't know the names of them anymore.
Cheers, Cindy

o
RE: HAVE: Plant exchange Vancouver Island...

Hi Rick, you have a big list! I'd really like cuttings of your 3 brugs,
I'd lost all my various cuttings last winter and am down to just the 1 versicolor, you might like a cutting of it , goes yellow to pink. The other unusual plant I have is the I patience niamenasis, and the mother of millions.
I'd also like Joe pye weed and primula, and hellebore.
I might have some sedums you'd like, you can look at them and see, I don't know the names of them anymore.
Cheers, Cindy

o

Cindy,
You are welcome to cuttings off the Brugmansia!'s and I may have them potted up by the meet.
The primula, Helleborus and Joe Pye Weed also.

I wouldn't mind a cutting from your Brugmansia, decorative grass and Sedums if you have any low growing or variegated forms.
Rick

o

Hi Rick, I'll pot up a brug cutting for you. Do you prefer a larger or smaller one? I've a couple low growing sedums I'll pot up and grasses.
Cheers
Cindy

o

Cindy,
Thank you. If you mean large, being a thicker branch? Yes, I think the thicker branches take better than tip growth. Anything works though.

I am going to bring most of what I have on list as I have them in pots now.
Rick

o

Hi Rick, my brug is around 7 feet tall in a pot, I can cut you a piece several feet long if you like. I have a fair amount of low growing sedum, do you want quite a bit or just a few pots worth?
Cindy

o

Hello everyone,
It is Oct 10th/2013 and have not seen much activity on this thread?
Do people just bring along what they have available or only what is requested?
Rick

o

Hi, Rick, I don't,t know that there are any rules for this. I hope a few people turn up, I spoke to Jane today and she is coming for sure. In the spring we brought what was requested and I think we all brought a few extra things we had extra of. Marj then kindly allowed us to dig up things she had in her garden.Is your neighbor still coming? Are there specific things they would like?
Cindy

o

Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 20:55

I am just going to bring what plants I have and if anyone wants to take them they are welcome to them. You have to watch one or two, they are like sharks at a feeding frenzy(ha ha). I have some shrubs such as Alberta Saskatoons and white butterfly bush more daylilies and some other odds and ends.

o

Wolfcub,
Not sure if it is politically correct, but I would love a Saskatoon bush?
I will do the same and bring what I have as I do not necessarily care if I get much. Just nice to share around with others.
Rick

o

Hi All
I am still trying to get the time off for the exchange. I have a friend who is just starting a garden and would ike to bring her along.
I have a few days off this week so will get my list on of things I can bring and have been looking over list of things people are looking for in the hope I might have something.
Marj I hope your surgery went well and you are feeling well.
Happy Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to getting together again.
Cheers
Doreen

o

Hi, Doreen, I hope you can make it. Please do bring your friend. Marj, I could use maybe 15-20 pots if you still have lots. Looking forward to this.
Cindy

o

It is Oct 19th (Sat). Is this plant swap going to proceed next Sunday Oct 27th?
Have not seen too many posting and was thinking maybe not a lot of interest?
Hope it's still on.
Rick

o

Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 21:45

Could I have your address again Cindy thanks Marj

o

Hi Marj, I sent you an email with directions and address, did you get it?
Jane is unable to come and haven't heard confirmation from Doreen yet. Rick is coming. Rick did you get the email with my address?
See you Sunday.
Cindy

o

Hi Marj, I sent you an email with directions and address, did you get it?
Jane is unable to come and haven't heard confirmation from Doreen yet. Rick is coming. Rick did you get the email with my address?
See you Sunday.
Cindy

o

Cindy,
I did get your email. Added other thread hoping that maybe someone new might see it and want to be involved.
A friend of mine is going to come with me and she is going to bring a few things along also. Not sure what, but could be a surprise. She has quite a superb garden.
Rick

o

Hi All

I would really like to come I don't have a firm answer from Jeannie so may be on my own.
I still have lots of Dahlia, Iris, light mauve, white and purple,
I also have some daisies (that don't smell like catP)
I will do some digging in the morning. There are a few different mums and a perennial fushia or two and some berginia that seems to be the first bloomer. (which inspires me for the rest of the season)

What time are you meeting and can I get some directions?
Looking forward to seeing you
Cheers
Doreen

o

Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 12:22

Hi Cindy No I haven't got your address or directions would like them please. Thanks Marj

o

Hi, the address is 1594 Marina Way in Nanoose. Go down Northwest Bay Road to Claudet, Claudet turns into Marina Way, go another block and you'll see my address. My phone number is 1-250-821-1111.See you tomorow.1-3
Cindy

o

Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 19:31

Thank you Cindy for hosting our little get together. Once again everyone left with smiles on their faces. Thanks to Doreen for offering to host our spring trade. Nice to meet the new folks.
Cheers Marj

o

Thank you to Cindy for opening up your place for this event.
What a wonderful and friendly group of people and so generous with their plants.
I think I will be busy, especially finding new homes for the numerous Daylilies from Marj. Thank you Marj and I look forward to watching the Saskatoon bushes grow.
I think Cindy's yard may be just as full after she replants what she dug out.
Thank you all for letting me be a part of it.
Doreen, I hope that I can take part in the spring one. Please send a note through email so that I do not miss it, if you do not mind?
Rick

o

Great fun yesterday. I was so happy with my trades I put them in as soon as I got home. Jeannie was delighted.
Cindy I have a few lavender for you (little sprouts here and there) so will collect them and nurture. The one I has with me was only in my garden for this season after plucking it from between paving stones and potting up.
In the spring I will have a better list as work is now getting more organized and easier to manage.
In the mean time I look forward to a chat here and there.
Love that little studio and all your concrete work!

Cheers
Doreen

o

Hi Doreen, the trade was fun, by the next day I had all but a couple in their new homes. I'd love a few more lavender, the deer should leave them alone, How big should I expect that to get?
Glad your work is getting more under control,perhaps a coffee visit would be nice sometime. The cement work is fun but heavy and dirty , not like knitting,lol. I have a few projects in my head waiting for time to execute.
Cindy

o

Hi Cindy

I usually trim my lavender down to 2' x 2' and it doesn't take long for them to get there. Apparently they germinate well in in between pavement stones and the bees love them. The deer also stayed away from my sage, rosemary and thyme.
I put some pink dahlias, iris and daisies out front in the hope that the deer would devour them but no luck there! The picky little darlings.
I would love to meet up for coffee some time. I usually have Tues and Wed off and start late on some Fridays.
Cheers
Doreen

o

Hi All
I missed this spring. Work seems to be getting the better of my time. The price of commuting is forcing me to move into Nanaimo so have found a condo there. I guess it is balcony gardening from here on in.
It was really great trading with everyone and getting to know you.
Do you think I can grow roses on a balcony? Hmmm.
Wishing you all a great summer.
Doreen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here