Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trillium15_gw

WANTED: Round Robin

trillium15
15 years ago

Hi All. I'm staring out at all the snow and dreaming about spring, especially with the forced bulbs now in the grocery stores.

Was thinking of doing a round robin. I've done them in the past with Unusual Seeds but most of mine are gone so I'd like to do a standard Round Robin.

Anyone interested, please email me. I'll take the first 20 people who send me an email with their name and address. Instructions will be emailed to each person as well as included in the round robin.

Don't ya just love waiting for the mail?

Comments (102)

• bern_2007
    15 years ago

Checking in almost everyday, to see where the package is heading next. Can wait to see the goodies.

• lilmissgreenthumb
    15 years ago

wondering if the package has been recieved, it's been almost a week and a half?

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've sent an email to ifiwasabutterfly to see if she received it yet and when it was mailed out.

• claubill
    15 years ago

I sent out the package on March 13th to idiwasabutterfly who lives in Whitefish which is only 20 km from us. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. Maybe she or he went away during the March break. Nothing we can do except wait.

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Hi Trillium 15..is there any word yet from idiwasabutterfly on the whereabouts of the round robin?? Just wondering; as I am looking forward to receiving it and getting those seeds in the ground. Thanks. Ross.

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi everyone. I'm sorry to say but I think our Round Robin has been lost in the mail :(

Claubill mailed it to ifiwasabutterfly which is only 20km away from her house. It never arrived and I checked with Claubill and it wasn't returned for any reason.

It's really a shame because those of us who were further down the list never got a chance to participate, but I'm still optimistic that it's eventually going to turn up in the mail...

but for now, sadly, it seems that it's over.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Don`t give up yet... There`s only a 20km distance between where the package was coming from and going to. The sender and reciever should check their local post office. They may be holding it. If the mail left it`s destination to go 20km then it should be in the post office in whitefish. It would be nice to hear from ifiwasabutterfly though.

• claubill
    15 years ago

This is Claubill. I wish I could remember her name. When I first received the package, I almost wanted to call her and make arrangements to deliver it personally, but then I changed my mind. I did check her name in the telephone number book and found it but now I can't remember. If someone gave her name, I think I'd call her. Maybe the package has already been sent to the next person.

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All. Claubill, her first name was Julie.

I've sent her another email asking her to check with her local post office to make sure it wasn't left there as undeliverable. She was away for March Break but said that her husband says nothing arrived for her while she was away.

If you could check with your post office, just to be safe, then we know we've covered all the bases.

Thanks,

Heidi

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All. Here's the email I got back from Julie this morning. I've told her to give it another week and if still nothing, we'll see what we can do from here.

Hi Heidi.

I have checked with my local post office (which is in Naughton) there is nothing there and I have yet to receive anything. I feel terrible about it. I am concerned it might have come while I was away. I have a hard time believing that my husband or kids would have done anything with it other than save it for me, but I suppose things can happen. I have grilled them all about it and they swear the only things that came while I was gone was junk mail.

It really is unfortunate, I was looking forward to it too! :(

If it does not show up I would be more than willing to contribute something towards a new one. I do not have much, but I feel very badly that this seems to have gone missing on my watch and that doesn't sit well with me at all..

Julie

• claubill
    15 years ago

Hi Heidi:

I'm the lady from Sudbury who sent you the package. It would have been in an envelope with Laurentian University on it. I hope they didn't think it was junk mail and threw it out. It was addressed to you personally. If you want, you can contact me personally.

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone.

I am absolutely upset about this as I am a new member and hate that it seems to have gone missing on my end.

I am a brand new gardener and do not have much to offer, but I would be more than willing to send some money to put in an order at a seed company if need be.

My sons were in charge of getting the mail while I was gone (as we live in a rural area) and have been known to throw out stuff they think it junk. They have sworn to me up and down they didn't, but I cannot be sure and I do feel terrible.

Julie

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All. For those of you who haven't received the parcel yet, what are your thoughts on the whole situation. I had suggested just adding in as many pkgs as Julie has but seems she doesn't have many. The seeds I added where extras I had to begin with so I'm not concerned about the cost of what I put out, but that being said, I know there are others who were anxious to receive a package, so....

What's the vote for those of you left...do I take Julie's $ and pick up some seeds, ship it to the next person and go down the line? Or do we scrap it from here...The offer is out there from Julie to pay for them...so what's the concensus?

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good news! Julie is going out to buy some seeds and top it up with what she already has, so it looks like the Round Robin is back on track.

She'll be mailing it out to Shay next and then it will continue on down the line with it ending with her instead of myself, so that she too has the chance to have some different seeds.

I've asked her to post on this thread once it's been remailed so it looks like we are up and running again.

Those left to receive it are:

Shay
    lilmissgreenthumb
    blueiris3
    sunnybun
    Roscoe_p
    Willow 2007
    Trillium15 (myself)

and finally on to Julie (ifiwasabutterfly)

Yippee

• claubill
    15 years ago

Hi everyone:

I too feel bad since it's possible something went wrong at my end. Maybe the post office at my end lost it, etc., so it is not necessarily Julie's fault. I have a whole bunch of different seeds that I can send to the next person if someone wants to send me the addresses. I guess the next person is Shay. If I can get Shay's mailing address and the others, I'll try to put as many packages together as I can (probably around 20 or so), hopefully all different, and mail the whole package out to Shay and then she can continue the process. What do you think?

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Hi All: I am glad to hear that the Robin will be back in flight soon!! Thanks to all who have been instrumental in moving things along. Happy gardening. Ross.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Yea So glad to know it`s on the go again. The infamous package may still show up due to the influx of packages in the mail for this time of year (Easter and all). I can hardly wait to recieve it. Its like playing hot potato,lol.Except everyone gets a surprise!!

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Hey Everyone. I was able to get to Espanola today, so I checked out Canadian Tire and picked up a few packages of seeds (I am trying to look for interesting ones and that isn't so easy as I am a newbie! so it is all interesting to me!)

I wasn't overly satisfied with the selection so I will be heading in to sudbury either tomorrow or thursday to hit Home depot. So the package will be ready for sure by Friday.

Claubill, I would love to get together for coffee sometime! I am brand new to the area and to gardening so its great you live close by ;)

• claubill
    15 years ago

Ifiwasabutterfly's husband picked up a big package of seeds from my home last night (I'm the lady from Sudbury) which she will add to her package of seeds that she bought. I'm sure it won't be long before it's sent off to the next person.

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Ok, this went out this weekend to shay.
    Sorry that it is not perfect, I did the best I could!

Here is hoping it was enough to get it started and on a roll anyway! Thanks for your patience everyone!

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much Julie. Shay, please let us know when you receive it, hopefully this week.

Thanks to Claudette and Julie for making this happen so those of us down the line aren't missing out.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

I have to say thanks also...i just love RR`s and am glad it`s out there again. I`m getting a new greenhouse '6x10' at the end of the month and I can hardly wait to start filling it and right now I have my living room half full of seedlings. My contribution is ready for the RR so I`ll be sending it out the same day I recieve it.
    Thanks again,
    sunnybun

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just to let everyone to know that Shay has received the pkg and will pop it into the mail tomorrow. It's on it's way to littlemissgreenthumb.

Happy Easter to everyone!

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

littlemissgreenthumb, have you received the pkg this week and if so, did it go out to the next person? I'd like to keep everyone up to date.

• lilmissgreenthumb
    15 years ago

Nope, haven't recieved the package yet, I checked the mail Friday afternoon, nothing yet. I will let you know when I get it.

• blueiris3
    15 years ago

Hello all,

I received the package yesterday and mailed it on to the next person in time for this morning's mail pick up. Thanks everyone for the neat things to choose from! I hope you like my additions. I'd better get busy with the spring sowing now...

Cheers,
    Heather/BlueIris3

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Great !!! I`ll let everyone know when I receive it. It`ll be sent out again the same day. yaa hooo :)

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Nothing yet. :(... Should be here before Friday I guess. Will let you know hopefully soon.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Still nothing :(..... ! I guess it will be here on Monday. We don`t get mail on Saturday like some people in different areas Boo Hoo,lol. Talk to you on Monday !!

• lilmissgreenthumb
    15 years ago

I'm confused, I thought the package was comming my way, I have been checking the mail diligently every day for the past 3 weeks. Just wanna know when I should start checking again.

Jenn

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. Shay was supposed to send it to lilmissgreenthumb but I think it went to blueiris instead and she has now sent it on to Sunnybunny.

Sunnybunny, when you get it, could you please send it to lilmissgreenthumb? If the mailing addresses are missing int he pkg, email me and I'll provide it to you.

Then it should be sent from lilmissgreenthumb on to Rosco_p. And from there....it should be back on track to the next person.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

I got the package this evening from courier. It was cut open and not fixed. I asked the delivery guy and he said the sender didn`t post it from a post office stating what the contents were so the courier has to deliver these items. He said most likely the PO opened it before they let it leave the depot. Anyway I`ve already took a few seeds and packed a bunch in and have it ready ,labeled and all to go to Rosco. It`s going to the PO in the morning but won`t go out til Monday morning. Rosco can send it on to littlemissgreenthumb and back on track. Trillium the labels were there and all so that`s fine.You might want to email Rosco in case he does not see this post. Thanks, it`s been a blast. Happy gardening !!

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Sunnybun: Thanks for the heads-up re; the Round Robin. I will be patiently awaiting the arrival. I have my seeds ready so when it arrives I will get it back out the same day. Looking forward to planting up. Talk with you later. Ross.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Ross you should have it by Friday... hopefully before that,lol:) God bless!
    Sunnybun

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Hi All: Still awaiting the arrival of the 'Robin" as of today's mail. Hopefully by tomorrow!! I will send it out the same day it arrives. I know planting season is upon us so everyone will be wanting to see what awaits them in it, Thanks. Will keep you posted. Ross.

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Sorry: Still no "robin" in the mail. Hopefully Monday it will arrive and then be sent on it's way to the next recipient. I will keep you posted. Ross.

• sunnybun
    15 years ago

Anything yet Ross??

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

HI All: I received the "robin" this afternoon. It was in good condition. I took a nice assortment of seeds and replaced them with what I hope you consider a nice assortment also. The package has since been posted and is on it's way to Willow 2007 in Ottawa. I hope it arrives quickly and in as good shape. Thanks. Ross.

• trillium15
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad to hear it's arrived safe and sound. Willow 2007 when you are done with it, instead of sending it back to me, could you please forward it on to lilmissgreenthumb? She was somehow missed on the list. Her name and addres should be included in the RR pkg but if not, let me know.

Thanks,

Heidi

• User
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone

I have not received the RR as yet, but once I do I will send off to limissgreenthumb as requested.

wendy

• User
    14 years ago

Received RR package in good condition this morning and will be sending it out to lemissgreenthumb in BC this afternoon.
    Thank-you everyone for sharing, it is interesting to look at different types of seeds and I will be trying to wintersow a few.
    wendy

• trillium15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lilmissgreenthumb, pls let us know when you receive it. Due to the mix up with the pkg getting lost in Whitefish, ifiwasabutterfly never received the pkg, so please send it on to her instead of directly to myself. If you need her address, please email me directly and I'll give it to you. I'll send her an email to let her know it's coming to you and then she can forward it on to myself (last stop)

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Hello,

I'm so sorry about the delay after I posted it, I'd never had any trouble posting bubble wrapped seeds from the mail box, so that was what I did with it. You have my sincerest apologies for slowing it down.

Happy gardening,
    BlueIris3/Heather

• trillium15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

anyone have an eta on the package? It was due to go to lilmissgreenthumb and then on to ifiwasabutterfly and then finally back to me. Haven't heard anything from anyone lately...

• ifiwasabutterfly
    14 years ago

I haven't seen anything yet...

• trillium15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

just wondering if you received anything yet, ifiwasabutterfly?

• lilmissgreenthumb
    14 years ago

hi all,

i recieved the pkg in good condition on Friday, emailed trillium for ifiwasabutterflys address because it wasn't in the package. She was away for the weekend and emailed me Monday with the address, and I mailed it out Tuesday. Hopefully the mail will be a little faster going East then it was coming here, took a little over 3 weeks.

Jenn

• sunnybun
    14 years ago

Wow ...it'` a month later and again the package is in limbo...trillium did you contact ifiwasabutterfly ? She havn't posted to let us know if she got the package or not. With this kind of RR, everyone needs to get a tracking number and pass it on to the next recipient. This way we would all know the last whereabouts of the package. I'm thinking of having a RR in the fall for this summers bounty of seeds. But in order to be participate a tracking # will be needed by all.

• trillium15
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone. IfIwasabutterfly emailed me directly just after Canada Day to say she mailed it out to me but I still haven't received the package. I agree Sunnybun, it's a bit dejecting not to have the RR finished by now and with it's going lost twice now it seems, I don't really feel like doing it again :(

I'm hoping it will arrive this week though...fingers crossed. I was going through the list and I think it arrived at everyone's doorstep with the exception of myself, but let me know if anyone did not receive it yet that was supposed to.

Heidi

• cris55
    12 years ago

Hi,
    Thank you for posting the seeds you have.
    Would it be possible for me to send you a SESBE with everything labeled so that you can send me some seeds?
    I live in Brampton, Ontario.
    If this is too much trouble for you, sorry for this e-mail.

I hope to hear from you,
    Cris55

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions