Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Free Spiderlings from Amazing Spider Plant

Posted by smithseeds 2 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 26, 08 at 13:21

I have owned HANGING SPIDER PLANTS in the past and they come and they go.

When I started a new job two years ago, I bought another one! WOW! What a huge cascade it puts out - and quickly. I gave everyone in the office permission to snip starters off whenever, and I never noticed any missing but everyone started several plants off of it.

The leaves are varigated deep green, light green and white. The leaves get nice and broad, not like skinny spaghetti varieties. It has survived watering abuse and droughts during the holiday seasons.

This week, the mother plant was getting a little weary of all of the demands and weight of her offspring, so I snipped off 40 chunky seedlings.

They are soaking in the kitchen skink to root a bit more (the spouse is worried now)and I am off to the store to buy potting materials.

Is anyone interested in trading starter plants or for SASE?

Any tips on mailing them would be appreciated too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Free Spiderlings from Amazing Spider Plant

You are probably going to have to wait intil spring to mail them.

What I often do is wash most of the soil off the roots, wrap the root in a wet paper towel, and fold a damp one around the leaves, put it in a baggie, and then a paper towel or toilet paper roll for protection. Then use bubble wrap and mail. It seems to work best if you mail it on a Monday so it has a chance to get there within the week.

And by the way I would love to have one of these in the spring.

Anne

o
RE: HAVE: Free Spiderlings from Amazing Spider Plant

Hi, I would love to get a few of those seedlings from you. I can send sase. but Iam new at this so dont have any ideas about mailing them
Lynne
G W britelights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here