Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Corydalis seeds

Posted by herbthyme 6B ON (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 29, 09 at 14:26

Was just looking thru Vesey's spring bulb catalogue, and spotted a photo of Corydalis 'Berry Exciting'. Very pretty, but ouch ... $$$$
I think the native C. lutea with yellow flowers would serve just as well.
If anyone has seeds to trade of this species (or other corydalis) please see if there is anything on my (abbreviated) list that may appeal, or else I can send a SASBE.

herbthyme

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Corydalis seeds

I bought a plant of corydalis lutea several years ago and it has self-seeded all around. It is very colourful and extremely long-blooming, growing in shade, part sun and even dry soil. It is not easy to transplant unless one digs up very small plants without disturbing the rootball. See link below. It is native to the southern Alps in Europe, but naturalized in N. America. Your local nurseries or hort. club sales may have plants, as it is becoming quite common, if you can't find seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: corydalis lutea

o

Gardens North has seeds for several different varieties of corydalis. Their on-line catalogue states that most corydalis seed is ephemeral, and they send it fresh packed. Last April, I placed an order for some natve plant seeds, when they had discount. I think I will wait a little bit and see if they offer a discount this year.

o

herbthyme, sent you a message but not sure you got it. I have corydalis seeds. Soft pink with yellow tips. Let me know if you're interested in trading. I sent you another email for another request you had for veg/herbs as well.

o

Hi trillium15,
Didn't get your 1st message. Yes i would be interested in trading. Am sending you an e-mail.

o

Thank you trilliam15 for the corydalis seeds, it has been a pleasure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here