Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: fruit tree scions trade?

Posted by zestfest 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 18:32

Do people trade fruit tree scions on this forum? Here's my have/want list. Thanks for checking it out!

HAVE
Apple scionwood: I have Florina, Jonafree, Karmijn de Sommeville, and Liberty

Fig: I have Desert King.

Cherry: I have Lapin, Bing, Stella and Rainier. Also have nanking cherry seeds.

Gooseberry: I have Yellow Hinnomaki

Blueberries: I have Polaris and Northland

Grape: I have a vine that is either Reliance, Canadice, and Suffolk. Sadly, I don't know which as the label fell off.

WANT
Apple: I'm looking for Rubinette, Ashmead's Kernel, Fiesta and Suntan apple scionwood. Also looking for crabapples like Dolgo to use as pollinators.

Hardy Kiwi: I'm looking for males, Issai, and any variety other than Anna and Ken's Red.

Fig: I'm interested in anything that would do well in the Pacific Northwest except for Brown Turkey.

Grape: I'm looking for Jupiter, Price, and NY Muscat cuttings

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: fruit tree scions trade?

I don't have any of the varieties that you are looking for...

I inherited a few trees when I moved in to my home & planted a few since. We have:

Apple - inherited NoID: insanely sweet mottled red & green
Pear - inherited NoID but I would guess that it is Comice.
Peach - Reliance
Cherry - Rainier
Plum - NoID yellowish red coloured
Black Currant - inherited NoID, roots easily, doesn't have to be grafted, just planted.
Blueberry - Bluecrop (very limited quantity)
Grape - Concord (very limited quantity)
Grape - Himrod(very limited quantity)

It isn't the best list... but its a start (: The last 3 plants are still quite small, so the scions would be less than pencil sized (which I believe is ideal for grafting).

Good luck with your scion hunt Zestfest. If there is anything that you are interested in, just let me know.
Cheers,
Nicky

Here is a link that might be useful: nicky's garden

o

Hi glynis3, thanks for the note, and the link to your cool blog. I don't have a lot of room for grafting scions and am still hoping to get the scions I mentioned, so I'll pass on your scion list, but I may be up for some veggie seed trading... I will update my trade list and get back to you. Thanks! ZF

o

Sounds good to me (:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here