Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyssaman

wanted: has anyone been to lowes

nyssaman
16 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has been to the new Lowes store in the Toronto Area and checked out their tropical plants anything different than Home Depot or Rona

Cheers

Comments (8)

• j4ck
    16 years ago

There is no Lowes in TORONTO. They opened 3 stores on the same day a while back and they are in:

Brantford
    Hamilton
    Brampton

I have been there once a week since then, and their stuff is kind of different from HD. They have a lot of tropical and seeds in right now

• jay3fer
    16 years ago

Just noticed our neighbourhood Lowe's is open (Caledonia Rd in Toronto). The plants dept looked pretty same-o, same-o, though, from what I could tell... wasn't looking for anything specific, though. And we'll see more I guess when the garden centre finally opens... seems a million years off still.

• sunita_fleuriste
    16 years ago

I was at the Lowes in East Gwillimbury this week. They had a 5ft palm for $9.99!

Other tropicals: euphorbia, goldfish plant, wandering jew..more that I don t recall.

The plants are all in great shape though and definately better variety that HD.

I ll go this friday and look more closely at the tropicals.

s

• sorellina
    16 years ago

Ciao all-

I'm originally from the States and I am SO excited Lowe's is here now! We went to the Caledonia location last weekend and only managed to get through a small portion of the store. My Canadian boys were amazed at the quality, selection, and prices of everything..AND really good customer service, a rare thing up here.

The garden centre will be worth the wait.

• Jasdip
    16 years ago

Hi there,
    My DH and I went to the Brampton store when it first opened. I was disappointed with the selection and price of the plants. I was expecting great deals since everyone in the States always mention the great deals they get at Lowes on their plants. I haven't been back since, but will go again to check on things.

• ladybug6a
    16 years ago

Were is the one in Brampton please?
    We are always interested in checking out new stores. They advertised Lowes enough.
    Thanks

• glaswegian
    16 years ago

There are now 2 Lowes in Brampton. Here is where 1 of them is

http://www.lowes.ca/store_north_brampton.aspx

North Brampton #2493
    10111 Heart Lake Road
    Brampton, ON
    L6Z 0E4

• Jasdip
    16 years ago

Hi Ladybug,
    The other one in Brampton is on Kennedy Road. I think it's at Steele's. It is the setting where the old Rambler plant was.
    Let me know what you think of it. I'd like to go again, and see if we like it better this time around. I can't believe how cheap the houseplants are at Lowe's according to all the forums, but when we went, the prices were comparable to our nurseries here.

Sherry