Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

HAVE: Surprise Packages for January Newbies

hmacdona1
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I want to extend a little welcome to new members that join gardenweb during the month of January.

To those that respond, I will send you a surprise pack with seeds to help you get started. Each envelope will contain a minimum of 10 different seed varieties.

This offer is open only to new gardenweb members than join in January 2009 (as noted on your member page).

Please post here if you qualify for this offer. First come first serve. I will keep this offer open during the month of January, as long as I have sufficient seeds to share, so hurry if you want to take advantage of getting some free seeds.

Please make sure email is enabled on your gardenweb profile so I can contact you privately to get your mailing address.

Thanks....Heather

Comments (24)

• gooberstraw
    15 years ago

Hello Heather,

I could really use and would greatly appreciate your offer of seeds, if any are still available.

Thank you kindly!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome to gardenweb Gooberstraw!

You're really going to enjoy trading with the folks in this forum. I have sent you a private email to make arrangements for your surprise package.

Thanks....Heather

• gooberstraw
    15 years ago

Just responded to your email, Heather. Thanks for your warm welcome and kind offer of seeds.

I have been spending the last two weeks reading the forums and trying to plan the back and front yard of our house. We spent our first summer here 'weed-wackin' and getting rid of old trees, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and think what's next. We'd love to plant veggies, herbs and pretty flowers.

This is an awesome community and I look forward to sharing my experiences and seeds in the future.

• aquilegia6
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

I would love to be included in your generous offer. I'm just starting to build up a collection of seeds and look forward to trading.
    Thanks!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Aquilegia6,

Welcome to gardenweb. You're going to have a lot of fun trading with the folks here.

I just sent you a private message via gardenweb to arrange to get that surprise package your way.

Thanks....Heather

• lilmissgreenthumb
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your very generous offer. I have been looking at the US area for seed exchange and stumbled across the Canadian one. What a great idea!! I can't wait to start trading seeds.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Jenn

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome to gardenweb Jenn! We're so happy you decided to join our little trading communty.

I just sent you an email to arrange for your surprise package.

Thanks....Heather

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Hi Heather!

I would love to get some seeds to start with!! Thanks so much for your generosity :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Ifiwasabutterfly (I love your gardenweb name by the way :),

Welcome to gardenweb. Can you please take a minute to attach your email to your gardeweb profile so I can contact you?

Meanwhile, please send me a private message with your mailing address (do not post the information here). I'd be more than happy to get a surprise package on it's way to you.

Thanks...Heather

• adrianl
    15 years ago

Hello!

I just signed up from Ottawa, ON and will be planting away at a cottage North of here before too long. (We can wish that, anyways, given it's the dead of winter.) Restarting my granddad's tradition of having a real garden on the property.

Thanks for your offer, please e-mail me if still available :-)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Adrian1,

Welcome to gardenweb!!!

I just sent you an email to arrange for your surprise package.

Thanks....Heather

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Heather did you get my email? I am new to this system and wasn't sure it went through properly ;)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi IfIwasabutterfly,
    Yes I received your email and emailed you back last night. I sent you another email this morning. Please check you spam folder as it looks like your computer might be blocking my emails (it was sent directly to your email..not through gardenweb).

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All newbie surprise packages have been mailed out. You should be receiving them soon.

Any more newbies out there that have been lurking and haven't yet joined gardenweb? Come on and join us!!!

• katscratch
    15 years ago

Would love some seeds, hope there are still some available, was told to look for you at a workshop yesterday, glad to have found you so quickly. Just joined today, in fact.
    Thanks

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome to gardenweb Katscratch,

Glad you decided to join us. I just sent you an email to arrange for your surprise package of seeds.

Thanks.....Heather

• lilmissgreenthumb
    15 years ago

Received my package today. WOW!!!

Thanks so much Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're most welcome Lilmissgreenthumb. Glad they arrived safe and sound. Good luck with your gardening this year.

.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A quick note to any other lurkers that might be thinking of joining gardenweb and haven't yet. Give in! You know you're going to. I'll still have seeds left to share to help you get started when you sign up.

Also, when creating your member profile, it is helpful if you list the zone you are in and province. If you have time, it is also helpful if you start your trade list or even list a few of the things you'd like to grow on your "seeds I'm looking for" list. This will help me get a sense of what will grow in your region and your particular preferences.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from more new members that have joined in January.

......Heather

• Gwyn
    15 years ago

Hi Heather
    Hope I am not too late.
    I am pretty sure I traded with you 4 years ago...however have been away from Garden web (hope I qualify) and seed and trading....
    However we moved recently and I would like to start again at the new place.
    Thanks in advance
    gwyn

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi folks,
    Just a friendly reminder..this is not a sase offer. This offer is intended for people that join gardenweb in January 2009, as noted on their profile. I am hoping to get new members to form part of our trading community.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Gwyn
    15 years ago

My mistake...sorry..

• ifiwasabutterfly
    15 years ago

Heather!!

I got your envelope today, thank you sooooo much. You have no idea how it made my day :) Dreaming of sunshine and spring and flowers ;)

Thanks so much!

• katscratch
    15 years ago

Heather,
    Finally got around to picking up my mail, and in amongst the bills and the usual junk, there was a ray of sunshine. It's people like you that make the world a better place. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sponsored
More Discussions