Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2shoes

WANTED: Halton Area Spring Swap

wendy2shoes
16 years ago

I know, I know, it's a little early to be thinking of this, but we seem to have some new members in the area who might be interested in a spring swap. Here's the basics:

1. This swap is firstly a tailgater (meaning you can trade plants out of the back of your trunk).

2. No sales are allowed.

3. Pre-arranged trades ahead of time are welcome (individuals may email one another to make prearranged trades or you can do so on this site if you prefer)

4. Any garden-related item is welcomed at the trade, so not just seed packets and plants, bulbs, etc. but old tools, rocks, extra fertilizer, garden books/magazines, compost, etc. - is most welcome especially if you are new to these swaps and are just starting out but don't have a lot of plants/perennials to divide up and swap.

5. And the exciting part, the swap circle, which is always a surprise and was a BIG HIT this Spring. What you do is randomly place between 1-10 items in the circle which entitles you to take 1-10 items back in exchange. We sure had a whole lot more than that in the Spring and thanks to the generous donors.

The circle is where you'll find things you never knew you wanted or needed until you see it, and no one goes home until the circle is empty...that's the rule. (Thanks Nadia..w)

Anyhoo..I live on a small circle, if worse comes to worst, we could use the small circle of park on the cul-de-sac. If anyone has any ideas about location..(abandoned parking lots, school parking lots) let's put our thinking caps on and try to get something together.

I have a lot of perennials that need splitting, and will probably have way more seedlings than I can fit in my beds.

Something to consider..in the dark cold days of January.

I'll continue this post over on Conversations..where it should be. Looking forward to contributions as to the where and when...please respond over there (link at the top of this forum)

Wendy

Sponsored
More Discussions