Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

Pepper Lovers Round Robin

hmacdona1
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I would like to start a Pepper seed round robin for Canadian gardenweb members. Here are the guidelines to make this easier and fair to everyone that participates.

1) I will start the package with a minimum of 25 packets of seed. These will be 25 different types of pepper seeds, including sweet and hot varieties(no duplicates). I will post the final count here later.

2) Signups for this round robin will continue until February 20th, at which time I will mail the package to the first person that signed up.

3) By signing up for this round robin, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:color="#0000FF">

* You will post here when you receive the package and post again when it has been mailed to keep all participants informed

* Once the package has been received, you will send it on to the next person within 3 days of receiving it

* You can take as many seed packs out of the package as you wish, but you must replace it with the same number of packs of different pepper seeds (no duplicates). In otherwords, if you remove 10 different seeds packs, you must replace it with 10 different seed packs (not 5 of one type and 5 of a second type).

* Seed packs must contain a minimum of 10 seeds in each pack.

* Seed packs should only include "named varieties" of peppers. Do not include mixes or seeds labelled "granny's mystery mix" or anything like that. This is to be fair to those that collect seeds from their peppers every year. You can include sweet or hot peppers, your choice.

* If you wish to include extras because you have a huge surplus, by all means that would be more than welcome, but please mark these packages as extras, so people at the receiving end know they are welcome to take a pack of the "extras" without having to replace it. For those receiving the envelope, please only remove one of each type of extra and pass along the remainder to the next person.

* You must affix proper postage so the person at the receiving end does not end up with a postage due notice in their mailbox. Currently the postage for a large padded envelope with the expected number of seeds is $1.92. On February 23rd, that rate will be increased to $1.96. (up to 200g)

* Depending on the number of participants, the padded envelope may get very well used in transit. You agree to replace it if Canada Post has mangled it beyond use when it arrives in your mailbox :)

* If you sign up and change your mind later, you must notify me asap so we can keep the round robin flowing smoothly.

Let's have some fun trading peppers!!!

Post here if you are interested in participating and please send me a private note with your mailing address. Please also make sure your current email address is attached to your gardenweb profile so I can get in touch with you.

Thanks...Heather

Comments (23)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll posting here to keep the list of participants current. So the first person to sign up is........

1) Newine

I know there's more pepper fanatics out there that want to join us....come on....you know you want to :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Boy am I a lousy guesser. I thought I'd be packing up approximately 25 different kinds. I'm finally done packaging some pepper seeds and have a grande total of "50" different kinds of peppers seeds going in the envelope.

• aleksandar
    15 years ago

Sign me up and thanks for organizing this.

Alex

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Alex,
    Glad you can join us.

Please send me a private message with your mailing address when you have a moment.

Be sure to check this thread periodically as we will be posting updtes.

Thanks....Heather

• sweet_marie
    15 years ago

I would love to join in!

Marie

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great. Glad to have you with us Marie. Please email me with your mailing address when you have a moment.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I received a question by email and thought I should clarify my instructions on what I meant by "seed variety".

Let's say you take 10 different packages of pepper seeds out of the envelope. You must return 10 different varieties of pepper seeds, but you do not have to concern yourself with what is already in the envelope. You do not have to compare the seeds you have to what is remaining in the envelope. It's possible an individual may put in a pepper seed type that was already in the envelope. That's fine. Someone in the round robin will be happy to take it as it makes it's rounds.

What I'm trying to avoid is having someone take 10 different varieties out and then returning 10 packs of jalapenos to the envelope.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions.

.....Heather

• sorellina
    15 years ago

I'd like to join this one. My husband is the pepper-head and he's got a fair amount to share.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I know we have a small group so far, but I'm going to get the ball rolling by mailing the seed package tomorrow morning on my way to work. We will continue to accept signups for this round robin until February 20th. For those that sign up after today, it is really important that you email me right away with your mailing address so I can be sure to pass it along to the person that will be mailing the parcel to you. The seed envelope will be mailed in the following order:

1) Newine
    2) Aleksandar
    3) Sweet_marie
    4) Sorellina

I am mailing 50 seed packs in this envelope.

I thought it might be helpful if I posted a link to a site that lists information on hundreds of different kinds of peppers. This may help you to decide which seeds you want to swap from the envelope.

Thanks.....Heather

Here is a link that might be useful: Chili Pepper Database

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yay! We have another paricipant in the pepper round robin. Welcome Kirsti "thehills". Here's the updated list:

1) Newine
    2) Aleksandar
    3) Sweet_marie
    4) Sorellina
    5) Thehills

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the final participant list:

1) Newine
    2) Aleksandar
    3) Sweet_marie
    4) Sorellina
    5) Thehills

Signups for this round robin are now closed. This is the final list. Thanks....Heather

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

The pepper seeds arrived yesterday.What selection Audrey

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

Seeds are back in the mail. Audrey

• aleksandar
    15 years ago

I got the package today.

Alex

• aleksandar
    15 years ago

They are on their way to Saskatchewan. What an enjoyable experience..thanks Heather.

Alex

• sweet_marie
    15 years ago

The seeds arrived today....oh what fun! They will be in the mail Monday morning on to Sorellina.

Thanks everyone!

Marie

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad everyone is enjoying the round robin so far. Hopefully you've found at least a few seeds you'll be able to use.

thanks....Heather

• sweet_marie
    15 years ago

okay, they are on their way!

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

The parcel is here! Perfect timing so Duane has some time to look through these seeds before I send it off to thehills on Monday! Alexsandar, you must have known exactly what D's been looking for, really good stuff in there!

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

Update: Duane had to work all weekend and very late last night. He's going to overnight the parcel to thehills either tomorrow or Thursday so it gets to her by Friday.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

The package is now on its way to thehills with expedited shipping. What a great excuse for Duane to get his seeds inventoried! Thank you so much, Heather, for organizing this!

• thehills
    15 years ago

The Robin has been posted today on to Organic Pepper Grower in NS. Thanks so much for hosting Heather. thehillsÂ

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Received the package back today. Thanks everyone for participating in this round robin. Hopefully you were able to get a few seeds that you like.

.....Heather

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions