Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Diatomateous Earth in Montreal

Posted by robitaillenancy1 zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 06 at 14:06

Where can I buy Diatomateous earth in or around Montreal?

I can buy small sacks at my AV club but I want it in large quantities.

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Diatomateous Earth in Montreal

Try a swimming pool supply place. They use it in pool filters, and you can buy 50lb bags of it...pure fossilized diatoms..quite sharp, and the slugs hate it!

o

Have you checked Jardin Jasmin?

BP

o

Hi all,
I have tried to find it in Montreal(West Island)& the Laurentians.. at pool supply places...they've never heard of it...and I don't know how to say it in french...anyone have any luck finding it in this area?
Heather

o

"La Terre Diatome" is the Google translation. English spelling is 'diatomaceous'. Hope this helps. :o)

o

I am looking for a small quantity

I have a communal garden plot
I hear it can help me with my Flea beetle problem
anyone know where I can find a small bag of it?
My poor Arugula and broccoli will thank you
My stomach too...
Charlie

o

I got rid of the flea beetles by putting a little stick with yellow sticker on it. It is sold at Canadian Tires and garden centers. Hope this will help or you have already solved your problem.

I am interested to meet with gardeners in Montreal once per year to trade seeds and plants. If you are interested, we can set up a mailing list to see if it is possible to organize a meeting in 2012.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here