Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Heirloom Tomatoes, Kale, and Squash

Posted by BluenoseDee 2a (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 17:15

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. It's so nice to find a seed exchange group aimed at Canadians.

I am looking for various heirloom tomatoes, especially those that do well in a short season. I would also like to try growing different kinds of kale, heirloom bush beans, and rare heirloom squash.

Update Feb 27: I won't be able to do trades for the next while. Thanks to those who have already exchanged seeds with me!

This post was edited by BluenoseDee on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 20:15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Heirloom Tomatoes, Kale, and Squash

Do you have seeds of sunflower that branch and short?

o

Hi Ada, I just sent you an email. I do have some teddybear sunflowers that are short (around 2 feet tall) and branch out (they have several flowers per main stem).

o

Hi, I am interested in your teddy bear sunflower seeds. It looks lovely. I am in the process of making up a list. I will try my best to finish it in the next few days and post it. I will let you know. I have many tomato seeds.

o

Okay, that sounds great! I will put aside my last batch of Teddybear sunflowers for you. You can let me know whenever you are ready to trade. No hurry. :-)

o

I have posted part of my seed list. Is your chocolate bell pepper hybrid? How many peppers did it give you last year and did it take long to change color?

o

The chocolate pepper I have is heirloom. I originally bought the seed from Salt Spring Seeds in BC several years ago. Last year was a bad growing season, so I did not save seeds from those peppers, and we had to ripen them indoors. The seeds I have to offer are from 2011. I honestly can't remember how many peppers I got that season. My impression was that it was an average amount, that the plants weren't super productive like some of the hybrids are. I have read on various heirloom seed sites that these peppers can take anywhere from 60-88 days to grow and ripen. It probably depends on the climate where you live. I am in zone 2a and our growing seasons are really variable. I find it usually takes around 85 days here.

o

I would like to grow food that taste special from what we can buy from the market. The Doe Hill pepper is very tasty, sweet but small, however, very productive. So the answer is that I would like to have your Teddy Bear or may be less than five of the other sunflower seeds just to try them out, if you think that it is good. If you know of any other food that is good, please let me know. Please let me know if you are interested in any of my seeds.

o

Hi Ada, I sent you an email. :)

o

I have not received your email. I wonder if I have ticked the no email option before. I sent you my email address instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here