Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluenosedee

WANTED: Heirloom Tomatoes, Kale, and Squash

BluenoseDee
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. It's so nice to find a seed exchange group aimed at Canadians.

I am looking for various heirloom tomatoes, especially those that do well in a short season. I would also like to try growing different kinds of kale, heirloom bush beans, and rare heirloom squash.

Update Feb 27: I won't be able to do trades for the next while. Thanks to those who have already exchanged seeds with me!

This post was edited by BluenoseDee on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 20:15

Comments (9)

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

Do you have seeds of sunflower that branch and short?

• BluenoseDee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Ada, I just sent you an email. I do have some teddybear sunflowers that are short (around 2 feet tall) and branch out (they have several flowers per main stem).

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

Hi, I am interested in your teddy bear sunflower seeds. It looks lovely. I am in the process of making up a list. I will try my best to finish it in the next few days and post it. I will let you know. I have many tomato seeds.

• BluenoseDee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, that sounds great! I will put aside my last batch of Teddybear sunflowers for you. You can let me know whenever you are ready to trade. No hurry. :-)

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

I have posted part of my seed list. Is your chocolate bell pepper hybrid? How many peppers did it give you last year and did it take long to change color?

• BluenoseDee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The chocolate pepper I have is heirloom. I originally bought the seed from Salt Spring Seeds in BC several years ago. Last year was a bad growing season, so I did not save seeds from those peppers, and we had to ripen them indoors. The seeds I have to offer are from 2011. I honestly can't remember how many peppers I got that season. My impression was that it was an average amount, that the plants weren't super productive like some of the hybrids are. I have read on various heirloom seed sites that these peppers can take anywhere from 60-88 days to grow and ripen. It probably depends on the climate where you live. I am in zone 2a and our growing seasons are really variable. I find it usually takes around 85 days here.

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

I would like to grow food that taste special from what we can buy from the market. The Doe Hill pepper is very tasty, sweet but small, however, very productive. So the answer is that I would like to have your Teddy Bear or may be less than five of the other sunflower seeds just to try them out, if you think that it is good. If you know of any other food that is good, please let me know. Please let me know if you are interested in any of my seeds.

• BluenoseDee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Ada, I sent you an email. :)

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

I have not received your email. I wonder if I have ticked the no email option before. I sent you my email address instead.