Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chowdhry_gw

WANTED: Red Yucca

chowdhry
14 years ago

Hello Everybody,

I am looking for hardy red yucca (hesperaloe parviflora) seeds.

I have updated my trade list. please have a look and email me. Thanks

Comments (4)

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Hi Aktar,

That's a beautiful plant-- I had it on my wish list from High Country Gardens. I have a friend who lives in Albuquerque (she made a wrong turn...) and maybe she could bring up a plant on her next visit.

It's a challenge to find seed. I found some Canadian sellers on E*bay and JL Hudson has them.

I'll contact you off board re: splitting an order.

Also, I have to admit that I failed with those Eryngium seeds I received from you last year. The Cotoneaster is going nicely, though.

- Bev

• chowdhry
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi,
    We are having a snow day today and it was nice to hear from you. Is'nt it strange that yucca is hardy here and yet it grows way down south? I fell in love with this plant when I visited someone couple of years ago and she was kind enough to give me a baby. That baby bloomed two years ago and it was an amazing display: 3ft high and it's off-white flowers lasted for two or three weeks. It's an architectural plant and looks really good (even in snow!).
    I was able to get good results from my last wintersowing and I do have more babies. If you like, I can send you one of them this spring?
    I am so sorry eryngium (miss wilmott?) didnt grow. I had bad luck with them too. I had ton of them in a bag and only two or three were sprouted while eryngiums from gardensnorth.com had good results (75%). None of them survived when I transplanted them into pots. I still couldnt figure out what went wrong. I think it was combination of cold and damping off?
    I am glad you grew cotoneaster. Those seeds were the first crop my cotoneaster. it's real die hard plant and its foliage stays shiny green/reddish all winter long, not to mention pretty yummi red berries...(They are not edible).
    Re: split order, I will google them for the pics and I will contact you soon.
    Thanks for the info on red yucca seeds, I will buy on-line if I dont get them from generous GW gardeners and I would share them for sure.
    Guess what: There is another irony; I have white milkweed and I am looking for red one too.....Regards, AK

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Red Milkweed? I googled that and most results point to Asclepias incarnata-- swamp milkweed. Is this what you're after?

I have seeds from last year's A. incarnata "Soulmate". It may not come true-- probably it'll revert to a more purple colour-- but you're welcome to some seeds.

• chowdhry
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes!!!, that's the one............Many thanks for the offer. It will be nice if I could have them.
    PS: Earlier I've sent you an email, Did you receive it?

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions