Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2shoes

WANTED: accolades for Heather MacDonald

wendy2shoes
14 years ago

I would just like to say that every time I open this forum, Heather is offering this and that for newbies, oldies, tomato lovers etc.

Thanks Heather for keeping the seeds (and goodwill) rolling here on this board.

You put a lot of work into what you are doing. As a 5 year member, I am amazed at the enthusiasm and generosity that you express here.

Newbies are very lucky to have you on the Canadian Exchange.

Wish you a warm spring and long growing season..Wendy

Comments (15)

• ljpother
    14 years ago

As a beneficiary of Heather's generosity, I can second that emotion.

• flower_gal_2010
    14 years ago

I'm a newbie here, I just joined this year. Heather was so generous to me. Its wonderful people like her that make such a wonderful difference.
    Thank-you Heather!
    flower_gal_2010

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Ditto the above posts. Heather's generosity has made my garden and my personal gardening experience much more rewarding. Thank you for all you do on the Canadian Garden Exchange. Ross.

• chowdhry
    14 years ago

I strongly agree: Yes She is the Best!!!
    Many years ago, I received seeds from her and I still remember her generosity.
    She is true Canadian.....................................Very generous and courteous lady with heart of Gold!!!

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

I second all of the above! :)

• eternity2669
    14 years ago

I agree with all of the above. Heather is a kind gardener always extending her welcome to newbies and sharing her seeds with members of the exchange. Thank you for all your generousity Heather - you make the Canadian Gardening Exchange a welcoming place :)

• bev_w
    14 years ago

I've been trading on this board for eight years and I still look forward to a trade with Heather. She has an amazing collection that I'm glad she shares. With all her trades and newbie offers over the years, there are little bits of HMacdona growing in gardens all over Canada. A nice thought and a fitting testament to her generosity.

Only in the past few years have I been keeping track of the individual source of seeds (and resulting plants) acquired through trades. On my garden spreadsheet most of the pre-2008 trades are listed only as "GW trade". Now I include the person's name, so I can later on send a photo or a thank you. I wished I'd noted the seeds I've received from Heather in those early years-- there were so many nice ones.

• sorellina
    14 years ago

Here here and thanks for posting this, Wendy..it's long overdue!

• cziga
    14 years ago

I wanted to post here as well. I found these forums when I was new to gardening several years ago, looking for info. Then I found the Canadian trade forum but had almost nothing to trade for. Heather was actually my very first trade, and the seed from "Black Barlow" Columbine that I received matured into a beautiful plant that still grows in my garden and puts out a very impressive show every Spring. It is a huge and healthy plant.

She generously sent along extras with the trade, which was so appreciated as I had very few seeds at that point. It also showed me the spirit of the forum, and I have always tried to include a bonus pack of seeds or two every time I trade because of this.

The spirit of sharing and openness is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum, and there are many members who participate in this "giving" spirit every day . . . she was, however, the first gardener here that I came across who shared so freely with me, and I have never forgotten that :)

• hmacdona1
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Everyone that participates on this forum is very kind and generous and I truly enjoy being part of this group.

• latha
    14 years ago

I also would like to thank Heather for her generous offer which added colour and variety to my garden.
    Latha

• pivoine3b
    14 years ago

I have to agree with you all. Everything was new to me and you, Heather, made me feel welcomed. Your generosity was what made me step in . Yes you make a difference and it is greatly appreciated. We, Canadians, really need this forum and people like you! Thanks so much.
    Flore

• jennagagel
    14 years ago

I joined yesterday because of Heather MacDonald's post. She represents a community spirit I want to be a part of.

• hykue Zone 7 Vanc. Island
    14 years ago

I also am a recipient of the newbie seeds, last year, and they have allowed me to start building my seed stash so I managed one trade last year, and I'm hoping to trade a lot more this fall. Thank you, Heather. You helped me get involved (and made me become a member so I could post, too!)
    Julie

• nyssaman
    14 years ago

Heather Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions