Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

o
WANTED: Annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area

Posted by nyssaman Z6 ON (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 23:22

I know its early ..too early probably..but I'm getting excited especially after this brutal winter..To begin planning the Annual Spring/Summer plant swap..lol.Signet and Bev email when you get a chance let me know what your thinking. Anyone that is new to Garden web and that may have a question can email me and I will try to answer them for you.Please post to give me an idea of interest in this event.

Cheers

Jeff Tiffany

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area

WOOHOO!! yes!! I was just thinking about this yesterday and wondering if you were going to jump in and get the ball rolling again this year or if someone else was going to do it. Bev weren't you asking if we would be willing to go to your place/area this year?
Consider me 'interested' :-0
Lois

o

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 13:32

Jeff: No it's never too early to start thinking about the spring swap! I would once again be interested and now can begin preparing some cuttings etc. Thanks. Ross.

o

Hi Jeff et al, I'll second the WOOHOO! Please count me in. What a change from last winter. Last year I had johnny jump ups and pansies in bloom mid January in that big thaw, no such luck this year... I must look up how to start things from cuttings.

Cheers,
Heather

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 20:14

LOL ! Everybody's anxious ! and with the snowstorm outside as I write .....well I think it might be a while before we do this .... we havent even hit March yet and its a long way off till end of May , early June.

But hey , I cant talk , I have about 2500 daylily seeds planted and at least half are up 6 inches already !!!!!! , so I know I am ready for spring to arrive any time now ! and you KNOW I am interested in the swap . I have actually started collecting things for prizes LOL !

Signet

o

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 19:03

Recovering from Seedy Saturday... back online now.

I had some nice news this morning: three of my four Vigna Caracalla seeds sprouted (thanks for the trade, Melanie in Sarnia!). With an early start like this, the vine is sure ripen up some seeds this summer.

Re-thinking the idea of having the swap at our place... It's a hefty drive. A good forty five minutes from London to the south east. If people are willing to trek down here to the Banana Belt, I'm happy to host.

But I thought that last year's arrangement in Springbank Park was terrific. We had the nice shelter, good parking, an easy-to-find location. The pot luck worked really well, too.

So I guess I'd prefer the Springbank setup, with a schedule like last year, from 11 am to 2 pm-ish.

We need to set a date that works with the majority of people. I suggest that we rank the following dates in order of preference. If any of these is an absolute "can't attend", note that as well.

Sat May 30
Sun May 31
Sat June 6
Sun June 7

I'm okay for any of the above. How about you guys?

Bev

o

Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 20:06

Bev: I was happy with the Springbank park swap last year and would be willing to return to that location if that is where the concensus of the group wishes it to be. Any date but the first Sunday in June would be welcome by me. Thanks. Ross.

o

• Posted by wmc1 s/w Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 20:14

Count me in Jeff, have enjoyed the last three years of swaps nomatter where, hopefully I will be free whatever day it is held.
Bill

o

I liked springbank also

2 concerns,
1. shade...A more shady spot down near the parking lot so we and the plants are not fried by 2 pm..lol

2. Signet getting stuck with the majority of leftover plants
this is something we will have to address as its not fair for her and her husband after a long day of fun to be carting up everyone's leftovers.

So I will put a rule in place - all plants to be properly labeled - If you bring plants no matter how small your name must be attached to the container the plant is in (if you bring fifty plants they are to be labeled). At the end of the swap any leftovers with your name on it goes home with you to do as you wish..Compost,replant whatever. This way we are all responsible for what we bring. This is the fairest way and ensures everyone has a great time.

I will ask you signet if you would like to be in charge of activities and games since you always do such a great job with this and lets face it I suck at it..LMAO

I'm glad of the responses so far - It looks like everyone has enjoyed this winter thus far..lol

The other issue - with starting @ 11 means Colleen and I have to get to the park early to get the best spot ie 7-7:30AM - that's a long 4 hour wait. Last year we were at the park at 7:30 and it seemed like forever before everyone started showing up - this is one of the drawbacks of the Park. Summer you are competing with family reunions and other gatherings.

cheers

Jeff

o

Mon, Feb 23, 09 at 15:05

Can someone who lives in London (Heather? GG? Barb?) do the early morning park stakeout this year?

Seconding Jeff on the label rule. I will volunteer as "label cop" and provide markers and stakes so people can mark their stuff if they haven't already done so. If any leftovers in the circle have no name tags, I'll bring them home for the compost.

Also, can we be really conscientious with plant name labelling as well?

- Bev

o

I new here for about the last month, and I would love to come even though its a bit far for me. I have friends that live down there so maybe I will make a weekend out of it. If I can be any help on the day let me know. Do any of you know of anyone has something like this in my are, Barrie, Ontario, an hour or so north of Toronto.

Thanks Adam

o

Well we prefer a Sunday, so if the first Sunday in June is not good for Ross, then our vote is for the last Sunday in May, ...the 31.
I thought that Springbank was a great location also. Is there another spot that has a shelter like the one we had last year? I like the idea of a shelter in case of misty, rainy weather as well as sunny weather.

Adam, maybe you could post to see if there are other members in your area, and if there is any interest in a get together/swap. If the subject of the post includes your area then it might catch their eye.
If not, then our swap is a good time, with lots of plants and food and garden talk. :)
gg

o

Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 10:18

Adam and others in Toronto GTA area,

Kenny (OrigamiMaster on GW) organized a swap north of Toronto last year. You could contact him to see if there are plans for another one.

o

I would love to come again this year. I missed last year but was there for a couple of years before. Springbank sounds like a great spot. I'm good with again date.

o

I'll be there again. I vote for Sun May 31st, but any day will do.

Merja

o

I talked to Kenny (OrigamiMaster on GW) and he said that hes to busy, but I would be willing to do it. It would be in Barrie or just south. I will do a seperate post for interest. Could the organizers for this meet let me know the basics, how to organize and run an event like this, then I can get to work on it.

Thanks Adam (greenman_grower)

o

I am fairly new to the GW but would love to participate. I can help with most things...just need some direction/details/information. Thank you in advance, Carol

o

Hi all,
I vote for Sunday May 31st too, or any day except Saturday the 30th (that's the day of the Mennonite Quilt sale in New Hamburg that my MIL and I go to every year)
Looking forward to the swap! And some warmer temps!

o

Mon, Mar 2, 09 at 11:15

a quick answer to Carol's questions...

Directions. It'll likely be held where we had it last year, in Springbank Park in London, likely at the "stone cabin" picnic area on Flint Lane. Use the North Street park entrance and turn LEFT/West onto Flint Lane. The shelter is about 200 metre down the road, on your left.

Map here: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=London&state=ON&address=Flint+Lane

Details: Just show up with your plants (labelled with the plant name and your name). Introduce yourself and get a name tag. Plants for which you've done pre-arranged trades-- put these in your "tradee's" area. It'll be marked with the person's GW name. You can bring extra plants (again, marked with your name and the plant name) for the "gamblers' circle". If you put plants in the gamblers circle, you may take some out.

Food: Last year was a pot luck lunch and this year will likely be the same. Along with your dish bring serving utensils and your own re-useable plates and glasses. We usually post what we're bringing to avoid food duplications. There is a covered picnic area.

Other details: bring your own lawn chair. To see what happened over the past three years, do a search on this forum using the term "swap". Signet hosted the swap in 2006 and 2007, so her posts are worth singling out.

That's all I can think of now. Nyssaman (Jeff) and Signet (Heather) will post more details as they're sorted out, as volunteers come forward.

- Bev

o

Thanks bev for the information...it sounds like fun...I'll check out previous posts as suggested and think about getting some plants ready. I appreciate your help, Carol

o

I don't want to seem difficult..lol..Because it is still early - I would like to scope out other locations with less sun..by the time I left last year 3ish some of the plants were dehydrated and succumbed to the heat..Maybe I can bring a large umbrella this year..There was a large area with many picnic tables with much tree cover if you went straight down to the parking lot on the left rather than turn on Flint lane..There was no cover though if it rains. I'm such a suck ..lol

o

Tue, Mar 3, 09 at 9:50

I hear ya Jeff. If was mighty toasty last year.

I can bring a canopy-tent-- the kind that just has a roof but no walls. I guess it's about 10x10'. If we had a couple of those...

One idea: if we have the trader "lines" behind the building, against the north side wall, there would be shade. We could put gamblers circle under a canopy or two.

- Bev

o

Good idea about the tent, Bev. We don't have one, but possibly others might have one to bring.
There was a clump of trees near the building, so maybe we could use the shade from them to shade the plants.
gg

o

just bumping up to the top to make sure this stays on the front page and doesn't get lost. :-)

o

I do not have any shade canopies to offer either...sorry. I am potting up some 'Regal' calla lily bulbs that will be up for trades if anyone is interested...with lots of other things to offer in time...I am looking forward to meeting you all. This sounds like a very fun afternoon. Carol

o

Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 13:13

Carol: I just noticed your posting about "Regal" Calla Lillies and was wondering whether or not you were looking for other colours to add to your collection? I have both yellow and pink calla corms and white calla seedlings to offer. I would love to add the purple ones to my garden. Thanks. Ross.

o

Sounds great Ross...I love them all. I have yet to plant them...but I have about 20 corms split and ready to go into containers this weekend. How many would you like?
Carol

o

Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 19:08

Carol; Thanks for your response.Two of the Calla would be great! Which of my Calla would you like set apart for you in exchange at the swap? Thanks. Ross.

o

Thanks Ross. There are two 'Regal' calla lily with your name on them. I would like one white and one pink calla if that suits you. Again, thanks!

o

YAY!! our first swap is done! It makes it seem even closer, now. :)

o

Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 14:58

Carol: One white and one pink Calla are now set apart for you. More trades to come I hope. Thanks. Ross.

Lois: Come now and tease us with your offerings for the swap!! It's just getting going.

o

I have a lot of thinking to do before I am ready to do any teasing Ross! :-) but I hope I will be back soon with some offerings.
Lois

o

Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 15:59

BUMP::

o

Is the date picked yet? Is it Sunday May 31? I would like to come but it depends on my son's soccer schedule (still to be announced). I've never been to a plant swap before.

o

Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 11:40

I guess no one is in the swapping mood at present as the weather hasn't quite cooperated for us just yet. I have a few things growing inside in preparation for the swap including Clematis Tangutica sedlings and white Calla Lillies.

I also wanted to bump this message up before it fell off the first page.I see _ontnative has asked about date confirmation. Have you been thinking any more about that Jeff??

o

I don't know about everyone else but I am waiting to see what extra plants I have that I started from seeds this year. I moved last fall so I am pretty much starting over again. I hope to go to my brother's place in early spring and take back some plants from the ones I have taken to him over the past few years.

I have to update my trade lists but this year I am looking to get into named daylilies and hostas. I started over 80 daylily seeds that I bought online and they are doing great.I also started 5 different hostas as well as some other perennials and annuals.

I also have worm castings and I can make a fresh batch of worm tea is anyone would be interested in trading for that.
It's great for the plants.

o

Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 15:26

bumpety bump.

From futzing in the garden yesterday I have a few plants to start off my trade offerings. These are in small (~4") pots:

- 4 Physostegia virginiana pink (Obedient plant --escaped from the pot...)
- 4 Lychnis chalcedonica red (Maltese cross)
- 2 Valeriana officinalis white (this is the species / herb)
- 3 or 4 pink mums, unknown var. photo here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mum&w=23796236%40N08

More to come.

- Bev

o

Hi . Yes we are intrerested. We missed last year . June is the only month mentioned that gives me a problem.

Please let me know when & where ,we do not want to miss it again!!

Cheers

Bill

o

What a great day to be out in the garden!
Didn't do much, but got some clean up done in the patio area. Still don't have a lot coming up in the garden, but I do have something to put on my list of offerings.
I have a lot of plastic plant pots. Square and round in all sizes.
Let me know if you are interested.
gg

o

Sorry Guys - I have been out of the loop here - did we pick a date that was good for everyone - In the next few days lets get that out the way (figure out the best day) - Then the mad insane trading can begin.

I like this heat but it sure sucks moving 60 large tropicals outside in the morning then back inside at night.

Cheers

Jeff

o

Yikes, Jeff! 60! I moved several pots....mainly brugs, but a few others...outside yesterday and it was no where near that many, but enough for me. 8-)I think they enjoyed their little vacation outside. I had one yellow brug with a wilted cluster of leaves when I looked at it this morning....not sure what that was about, but I picked off the leaves that were wilted and threw them away.

Anyway just wanted to officially vote for the best date for us and that is SUNDAY, MAY 31.

Lets get rolling on this everyone. May is just around the corner (wow it is getting here isn't it?)
I seem to have some 'no shows' from last year. I will give them more time, but some things look very dead! 8-(

As I said yesterday, my first official offering is a lot of plastic plant pots in various sizes. I came across a huge lot of them that were from a landscaping job at a house in Pt. Franks. They were all new last year (but used.. you know what I mean :)), so not old and brittle from sitting around for years. There are some that are not so new that have been around for a couple of years but the ones in bad shape have gone in the blue box.
gg

o

I voted for SUNDAY, MAY 31st also.

I have quite a few plants that are dead also. I think this snowless spring is to blame. (BEV, alstoemeria is not showing yet either, so I am getting worried...)

Merja

o

Well even though there is not much going on here yet, and if we have too many more days like today, we may never get out to see what is coming up in the garden, I am about to make a request.
Does anyone have any plants or seeds for 'Dianthus, Rainbow Loveliness'?
I would really love to have some.
Maybe if we can believe the weather report, and it does actually get nice, warm and sunny this weekend, the garden will spring to life and I will have some more things to offer, and the trading can begin! 8-)
gg

o

Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 23:14

I just reviewed all the posts on this thread and it looks like Sunday May 31st is the best date. So unless there's a mutiny of cries and anguish, consider it set.

With Friday and Saturday looking to be off the scale for warm weather in April, I'm sure we'll be getting into swap mode.

Patience. The green will come.

o

hello everyone. I missed the swap last year as I couldn't find this site. I just found it by accident today and would be very interested in joining the swap again this year. The only thing that I know that I have so far in my garden to share are orange daylilies. I won't get out there until Monday....crazy weekend coming up. I don't have much of a garden but very interested in expanding this year.

Sharri

o

I just quickly walked out to my garden . I have lots of yellow holly hocks coming up.
Also does anyone have any hollyhocks of another colour?

o

2 years ago when I came to the swap I had bags of sat over the winter horse manure. I have thata agin this year if anyone is interested.

o

Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 8:39

MoT, you don't have your e-mail posted so I have to ask here: do you medicate the horses? I'm interested in your offer, kinda pernickity about hormones and "ovulating suppressors" that are routinely given to horses and are not broken down by composting. Or at least I can't find any studies that say they're neutralized by composting.

Worming meds are okay-- you get that in all manure from human-raised animals. What other drugs do your horses get?

You can reply to me off-board-- email, then this off-topic conversation won't disrupt this thread. Thanks.

Bev

o
WANTED: persian shield

I did a separate post for this but am going to repeat it here, in the hope that someone coming to the swap will have some persian shield that they overwintered in the house and are willing to share. I would really love to find some.
With the nice warm temps, I am hoping that the garden will finally come to life, and I can start posting what I have to share.
gg

o

I have lots of seedlings of impatiens balfourii, and before I take out what I don't want, I just wondered if anyone would like some.
My comfrey is also up --would anyone like some of that?
gg

o

Hello, I would be very interested in some impatiens balfourii. So far all I have is manure, orange daylilies and yellow hollyhocks will be out more in the garden this week

o

Hi M o T, I will pot some of the seedlings up for you some time this week and bring them to the swap.
gg.

o

Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 23:08

Hi GG,

I shouldn't have deadheaded my one comfrey plant so thoroughly last summer. Wouldn't mind some to get a comfrey patch going in the front 40.

Adding to my list:

- Ruta graveola (common rue) small pot
- Salvia "Rose Queen"
- Parsley "Darki"
- Dill "Vierling"
- Woodland Phlox (dark purple) small pots
- Phlox paniculata (seedling of 'David")
- Lovage (medium sized division)
- Amaranthus "Golden giant" seedlings

More to come...

o

Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 19:51

Below, please find my present list of offerings for the swap.
Japanese Kerria divisions
1 year old purple lilac division
Clematis Tangutica seedlings
White Calla Lilly seedlings
Noid Brugmansia Seedling
Potted Blue Agapanthus 3 year old plant

...and hopefully more to come

o

Hi, here is my list so far:

Veronica, Bluespiked Speedwell
Grape Hyacinth
White phlox, tall
Bright pink peony
Lupines
Blue delphinium, tall
Pink echinacea

Daylilies:
Frans Hals
Catherine Woodbury
Purple Waters
Ice Cap
Small rusty coloured
Children's Festival
Little Grapette
Pandora's Box
Fairy Tale Pink
Prague Spring
One nameless but looks like 'Daring Deception'

More to come...

ROSS, I would love to have your Blue Agapanthus if you would like anything from my list.

Merja

o

Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 21:10

MERJA: If you would have any of the Pandoras Box Daylilly that would be great and I will set aside the Blue Agapanthus for you. If the Pandora daylilly is not available I would also be interested in the lookalike to Daring Deception.Thanks. Ross.

o

ROSS, I'll bring daylily 'Pandora's Box' for the Blue Agapanthus. Thank you.

Merja

o
RE: Bev

Hi Bev,
I will pot up a piece of my comfrey for you.
How tall is your dill "vierling"? Is it the shorter kind? If so, then I would love some.
thanks,
Lois

o

I have the day off tomorrow and was hoping for good weather to get out and finally do some real looking (and working!) in the garden. I hear it is supposed to rain....of course!
From my one little walk around this afternoon after work, I see my tulipa-tarda are flowering and spreading nicely! They will be finished flowering by the swap and I can pot up a few if anyone is interested.
so my list so far is:

-lots of pots of all sizes (the majority were new last year)
-comfrey divisions
-impatiens balfourii seedlings
-tulipa tarda bulbs-small pot
-tall pink phlox

o

Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 22:47

Hi Merja,

I'd really like your blue delphi. Anything you'd like from my list?

- 4 Physostegia virginiana pink
- 4 Lychnis chalcedonica red (Maltese cross)
- 2 Valeriana officinalis white (this is the species / herb)
- 3 or 4 pink mums, unknown var. photo here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mum&w=23796236%40N08
- - Ruta graveola (common rue) small pot
- Salvia "Rose Queen"
- Parsley "Darki"
- Dill "Vierling"
- Passiflora caerula seedling
- Silphium (cup plant) division
- probably some Castor Beans and Hyacinth Beans
- Hyssop "sunset" seedling
- Agastache (Hyssop) "honey bee blue"
- Nicotiana "Aztec" and probably some other Nikis, too
- Verbena (blue, perennial, ground-cover type)

Bev

o

Hi LOIS,
I would like some tulipa tarda bulbs and tall pink phlox if you are interested in anything on my list.

Merja

o

Hi Merja,
tulipa tarda and tall pink phlox for you. Is it possible to have your daylily--little grape?
Lois

o

Hi BEV,

I would love your Passiflora caerulea seedling for the blue delphinium if that's okay? The delphinium is a good size division. I don't know if you are interested in anything else on my list but I am also interested in your Hyssop "sunset" seedling. Ps. Alstoemeria is doing fine so watch for an e-mail in a near future.

Merja

o
London Plant Swap

Hi Lois,

Yes for the trade: I will bring daylily 'Little Grapette' for you. Thank you.

Merja

o
Merja

Thanks for the trade, Merja
Lois

o

Boy do I feel stupid going through your lists. I have to google almost everything :)
Bev I would be interested in some of your phlox..either one..
rosco I would love a white cala lily seedling
and Merja I have some orange daylilies and just gor a couple of yellow ones yesterday so would love anyother colour

so far I have lots of maple seedlings 4-6" tall
yellow holly hocks
orange day lilies
manure
egg cartons

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 9:45

Hi Merja: The Agastache will be small, and the passiflora is from seeds I got from GG (!) Your delphi is worth them both. No problem. With our wet winter I lost three delphiniums. I am restarting a delphi bed in a more protected spot.

Hi MoT: Ok, one of each plox (the white "David" will be a volunteer from this year) for a couple of bags of your healthy "fertilizer".

Thanks!

- Bev

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 12:21

Updated Trade List;Below, please find my present list of offerings for the swap.
1 year old purple lilac division
Clematis Tangutica seedlings
Noid Brugmansia Seedlings
Aconitum Monks Hood(blue) divisions

Bev: If there is anything
on my list that interests you I would be interested in a division of your Parsley Darki and a Golden Amaranthus seedling. thanks Ross.

Mom OF Three: I will set aside a White Calla (small plants) for you in exchange for a bag of manure if that is OK. Thanks Ross.

Merja:Thanks for the Pandoras Box trade for the Blue Agapanthus (Confirmed)

o

Thanks for the swaps
confirm Calla seedlings for manure with Ross
confirm Phlox for manure with Bev
thanks again
Sharri

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 13:20

Updated Trade List;Below, please find my present list of offerings for the swap.

1 year old purple Lilac division
Clematis Tangutica 1st year plants
Potted Calla Lillies (yellow)

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 13:25

Ross, the Parsley is from seed this year, so it'll be pretty small-- in a 3 or 4" pot. You can have both the parsley and the Amaranthus for a monkshood division if you like. LMK.

o
RE: Annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 13:39

BEV: That would be fine by me Bev! I tried growing parsley from seed this year with no success and I would really like some to add to my herbs for the season. So I will hold you an Aconitum (Monkshood) division for the Parsley and Amaranthus. Thankyou. Ross.

o

BEV: Thanks for the trade. Agastache 'Sunset' and passiflora for the delphinium.

ROSS: Is there anything else on my list you would like for Potted Calla Lillies (yellow)?

SHARRI: What colour of daylily would you like...red, white (or creamy yellowish really), pink, rusty or yellow/orange bicolour?

Merja

o

Merja: Red or pink would add some nice colour to my garden thanks

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 15:27

Just wanted to add a couple of items to my list;

Bears Breeches division
Sweet Woodruff division
Bachelor Buttons division

MERJA: I will set aside a Yellow Calla for you. I would

like a piece of your Blue Delphinium if you still had any
or a piece of Lupine would be great. Thanks. Ross.

o

Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 15:39

To All: Just wanted to add to my previous post that when I refer to Bachelor Buttons I am meaning Centaurea Montana aka mountain bluet)

also have a couple of Rooted Gardenia cuttings.

o

SHARRI: I'll bring either red or pink daylily for you. Could I have a bag of manure for it, if that is ok with you?

ROSS: Yes, I have a blue delphinium division for you in exchange for your yellow calla. Thank you.

Merja

o

Thankyou Merja that will be great. I will bag up some manure for you.
I have updated my list again everyone

o

carol I would be interested in your 'Regal' calla lily bulbs please read my list and let me know what I have that may interest you for a swap.

o

Mom of three: I am happy to trade regal calla corms for some of your good horse manure if still available. How many would you like me to set aside for you?

Plants to trade:
regal calla lily corms-I can start these if you prefer
azure blue allium
lady's mantle-alchemilla mollis
autumn flowering purple monkshood (aconitum)
sedum rosette-ground cover
'autumn joy' sedum
variagated sedum (green/yellow)-few only
'stella d'oro' yellow daylily
red 'stella?' daylily
'woods pink' dwarf aster-fall blooming
variegated hosta-name unknown-pics available
oxalis triangularis-purple shamrock -few only
'Karl Forster' grass
variegated sedge 'Ice Dance" - volunteers
spring flowering anemone - white
fall flowering anemone - pink
cupid's dart
'moonshine' yarrow -well behaved
'arctic fire' dianthus
'blue hill' salvia -few only

Winter sown plants:(small seedlings) - garden gods willing!
delphinium grandiflorum 'SUMMER NIGHTS' - few only
heliopsis 'Lorraine sunshine'
siberian wallflower
maltese cross- lychnis chalcedonia
'alaska' shasta daisy
blue flax

Annual seedlings: 'bonanza bolero'marigolds
'art shades' calendula
snapdragon mix

Hopefully, more to come as the season comes on!

Looking for: persian shield, 'fireworks' solidiago

Bev-w: rose queen salvia, 'Golden Giant' amaranthus
Anything on my list interest you?

Flowergirl on: bright pink peony, blue delphinium, lupine

Greylady gardener: tulipa tarda

Rosco: confirmed 2 regal calla lily for 1 pink/white calla
Anything on my list interest you? for 1 yellow calla

o

Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 10:32

Gardeng8; I would be interested in a piece of your Oxalis Triangularis if you have any left or your fall flowerng anemone in exchange for a yellow calla. thanks. ross

o

Rosco: oxalis triagularis & pink anemone (fall flowering)for a yellow calla confirmed. Thanks!

o

Gardeng8: I would like delphinium grandiflorum 'SUMMER NIGHTS', azure blue allium and oxalis triangularis-purple shamrock for bright pink peony, blue delphinium and lupine. If garden gods are not willing for your delphinium to perform, regal calla lily would be great. :) Thank you.
Ps. Welcome to our plant swap.

Merja

o

Hey gardeng8--welcome.
I would be happy with 'blue hill salvia' for the tulipa tarda if that is okay.
Lois

o

gardeng8- thanks so much for the trade...whatever you want would be great and its up to you if you want to start them or not. Would also love - fall flowering anemone - pink

Ross would love a rose of sharon...what would you like?

o

Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 17:11

Gardeng8, I will trade a Salvia "rose Queen" and an Amaranthus "Golden Giant" for a division of your Dianthus "Arctic Fire". My plants are seed-grown this spring. Let me know...

o

Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 17:21

Bachelor Buttons (centaurea montana) division
Sweet Woodruff division
Gardenia Rooted cuttings (small)

MOM of THREE I didn't actually offer any Rose of Sharon at this time Do you possibly have me confused with someone else??

o

Thank you for the warm welcome. In addition to my previous listing I have to offer at this time:
obsidian heuchera (few)
lime rickey heuchera (1 small)
1 Rose of China (flowering almond) division
2 dwarf Korean lilac shrub divisions
'firecracker' lysmachia division

Confirmed:

Rosco: 2 'regal' calla lily, oxalis triagularis & pink anemone for 1 pink/white/yellow calla lily

Flowergirl on: summer night delp(a personal favourite), blue azure allium & oxalis triangularis for pink peony, blue delph& lupine.

Greylady Gardener: 'blue hill' salvia for tulipa tarda.

Bev_W: arctic fire dianthus(X2) for 'rose queen' salvia & 'golden giant' amaranthus.

Mom of Three: 'regal calla lily' & pink anemone for horse manure.

Thanks everyone!

o

Sorry ROSS I saw them in your list so just assumed I guess that they were up for trade. What about the Clematis Tangutica instead then.

o

Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 20:37

MOM OF THREE: I guess you were looking at my member page...sorry. The Rose of Sharon offerred there are seeds. I can certainly set aside a Clematis Tangutica for you and no trade is necessary. I realize you are just starting out and it takes a while to get established plants going to be able to take divisions. I'm sure you will be able to walk away from the swap with enough to get your garden flourishing. Thanks for your interest. Ross.

o

Here is my list with additions:

Veronica, Bluespiked Speedwell
Grape Hyacinth
White phlox, tall
Bright pink peony
Lupines
Blue delphinium, tall
Pink echinacea

Daylilies:
Frans Hals
Catherine Woodbury
Purple Waters
Ice Cap
Small rusty coloured
Children's Festival
Little Grapette
Pandora's Box
Fairy Tale Pink
Prague Spring
One nameless but looks like 'Daring Deception'

New:

Daylilies: Autumn Red
Anzac
Kwanzo

rudbeckia triloba (biennial)
LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
Bleeding Heart, pink
Centaurea dealbata
Shasta Daisy
Leopard's Bane (blooming now)
hardy geranium, hot pink
malva, pink
campanula glomerata, white (clustered bellflower)
Ladybells (invasive)
heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine' (1)
campanula persicifolia, white
aster tongolensis 'Star of Wartburg'
anemone sylvestris 'Madonna'
aquilegia vulgaris, mixed colours (mostly purple or black)
Black-eyed Susan
siberian iris, old-fashioned purple
strawberries
daffodils, cream
chives (1)

self-seeded annual: california poppy (orange/yellow)

Merja

o

Flowergirl on; Is there anything I could interest you in on my list (or perhaps something you want that I may have that isn't on my list yet) for your bleeding heart and hot pink hardy geranium? Thanks, Carol

o

Thankyou Ross: I sure hope so I can hardly wait til I have a beautiful garden :)like all of you must have.

Merja would be interested in daffodils, cream , Frans Hals, Purple Waters, and/or aquilegia vulgaris,

You all have suck wonderful plants....all these googles its soooo overwhelming :)

o

Hi Carol, yes I am interested in your Rose of China (flowering almond) division and a dwarf Korean lilac shrub division. I know they are more valuable, being shrubs/trees, so feel free to ask for anything else if you like from my list, please. Or if you want something that I will add to my list later that would be okay too. Or I'll just pick one of those. Let me know. Thank you.

Merja

o

Thank you gardeng8 for the blue hill salvia for the tulipa tarda
thank you merja for the daylily little grapette for the tulipa tarda and tall pink phlox
sharri--impatiens balfourii seedlings
bev--comfrey division

my list now includes:

LOTS of pots of various sizes
impatiens balfourii seedlings
tall pink phlox division
couple of well rooted cuttings of brugmansia-one yellow and one white (might have more later after 'inventory') :)
delphinium-bought last year and not planted-left in pot all winter and now growing-will look later to see what it is exactly

gg

o

Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 10:48

Looks like you are well underway ! Not sure if I can make the date but will keep watching while you all trade . Have fun

Signet

o

Flowergirl on: Thank you. I am confirming 1 rose of china (flowering almond) and 1 dwarf korean lilac for bleeding heart and pink geranium. These are small divisions so the trade is more than fair...(I planted a small piece of the flowering almond in my garden two years ago and it is just now a nice size this year. You may find it takes a year or two before they are a nice size too....but worth the wait!

o
found!! :)

I have received some seeds for dianthus 'rainbow loveliness' (along with some other great seeds!)from a very generous member, so they are no longer on my 'wish list'.
thank you!!

o

Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 12:51

Heather (Signet): Don't just be watching from the sidelines!!!! Ha.HA. We need you and your plants,you are a vital part of this swap. I also have another committment that day..Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis that I have to walk in on behalf of my twin Grandsons who both have CF, but I will make it to the swap later in the day for the trading.I am enjoying it already. Hope to see you there. Ross.

o
Heather!

Heather, we would definitely miss you if you weren't there. I hope you can make it.
Lois

o

Fri, May 1, 09 at 10:32

Hey GG, Can you spare some comfrey divisions? I have one comfrey plant that was religiously deadheaded last year. No babies. My list is up there somewhere...

Also, do you want me to save you a passiflora seedling from the seeds I received from you?

Bev

o
bev

Hi Bev,
No problem with the comfrey. Are you sure yours is not coming up? Mine comes back every year from the root.
I will be glad to bring some for you, it is up several inches already. BTW I answered you above and asked about your dill 'vierling'. How tall is it? I looked it up and got info that says it is anywhere from 18-24" all the way to four feet! Just a bit of a difference. :-)If it is the shorter kind, then I would love some of it, if possible.

Glad to see the passi seeds are growing for you. The one I left out as an experiment, seems to have bit the dust. The one I brought in is still limping along. If I can keep it going a while longer, I expect it to take off and look better as soon as I can get it outside.
Thanks for offering, but maybe you can use them to trade for something that someone is offering.
Lois

o

my list now includes:

-LOTS of pots of various sizes
-impatiens balfourii seedlings
-tall pink phlox division
-couple of well rooted cuttings of brugmansia-one yellow and one white (might have more later after 'inventory') :)
-delphinium-bought last year and not planted-left in pot all winter and now growing-36-48"--light blue
-peachleafed bellflower--either white or mauve-(not sure until they flower)
-clustered bellflower-dark purple
-comfrey division
-three catalpa seedlings about 8-10" tall
-white birch tree seedlings wintersown last year, but not planted out-leafed out already.-three in pot-largest about 6-8" tall.

o

About the above post re: the delphinium---that doesn't mean that it is now that tall. It will grow that tall! ;-)

o

Hi HEATHER/Signet, I hope to see you at the swap too.

CAROL, thank you for the trade.

SHARRI: I'll bring you daffodils, Frans Hals, Purple Waters and Aquilegia vulgaris for 4 more bags of aged manure if okay?

LOIS: You don't happen to remember the name of your delphinium? Probably not because otherwise you would have mentioned it. I bought d. 'Summer Skies' last year, does that ring a bell? If you know for sure it wasn't that I might be interested in it.

Merja

o

Hi Merja, the tag says delphinium X Belladonna
I looked it up and the info is at the link below.
Lois

Here is a link that might be useful: delph.

o

Just wanted to add a couple of items to my list:

Sweet Woodruff division
Sedum (mounding type)
Yucca filamentosa (division)
Lunaria (money plant)
Small pink Tropical Hibiscus rooted cutting
Mixed colour Sweet William

MOM of THREE: While working in the garden this afternoon and fighting with Lily of the Valley, I came across a small year old seedling of blue Rose of Sharon which if you want you can have.Let me know and I will set it aside for you.

o

GG I would love a catalpa seedlings

thanks for thr trades Merja

and that would be great Ross thanks

o

LOIS: Thanks for the info on the delphinium. I already have two different blue ones so I better leave it. I have you down only on one daylily. I'm getting couple of plants from you so if you like anything else from my list, please pick something else.

Merja

o
Annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area

Hi Merja,
If it is okay, then I would like to have the aster tongolensis 'Star of Wartburg'....thanks
I will leave the delphinium on the list of offerings then and bring you the tall pink phlox and the tulipa tarda.
Lois

o
annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area

Sharri, how many catalpa seedlings would you like? Right now they are all in a big pot together, but I can separate them if you only want one.
Let me know and I will pot one up if that is what you want.
Lois

o

One is fine Lois. Thanks. I am sure others will like some.

o

LOIS: Yes, I'll bring aster tongolensis 'Star of Wartburg' for you.

So where is everyone else...?

Merja

o

Thanks Merja, looking forward to the aster.
It is kind of empty in here isn't it?? Where is everyone?
WMC1, lovinlife,ontnative and billl1....haven't heard back from you all.....are you out in the garden busy potting up some plants? :)
The swap is fast approaching and I hope you can all attend. It was a good time last year. Anyone else just lurking and want to join?
Lois

o
gardeng8

Hi Carol, is there something on my list, (if not then I will hopefully have more soon) that you would take for your 'lime rickey heuchera'?
gg/Lois

o

Hi All: Would anyone coming to the swap have a Papyrus plant division that they would be willing to trade for?? I had one this winter but unfortunately it didn't survive the winter temps in my attached garage and it is no more. I would really like a replacement for it. Please e-mail if you have some and we can work out a trade. Thankyou. Ross.

I also would like to add to my trade list a Cardinal Climber (young plant);Purple Sage division and Whopper Salvia (young plant).

o

ROSS: I am interested in your Cardinal Climber and Whopper Salvia, if there is something on my list you would like for them.

I could use some red flowers in my garden. Does anyone happen to have red zinnias or something else?

Merja

o

Merja: I will set aside the Cardinal Climber and a Whopper Salvia for you. Would you have any of your Lupines(yellow,or white would be nice..if you have them) and a daffodil(cream) would be great. Thanks. Ross.

I believe Jeff is trying to provide me with a division from his Papyrus so I am no longer looking for that. Thanks. Ross

o

Sun, May 3, 09 at 20:20

GG: Sorry for not seeing your response. There's a lot going on in this thread. My comfrey returns every year but its still not a very big clump and I'd rather not divide it just now. I'm hoping to establish a "comfrey patch" on the front 40 with seed-started plants.
Also, re: dill. I don't know how big it'll get, honestly. I've never grown this variety before.
- Bev

o

Greylady Gardner...I will set the lime rickey heuchera aside for you...do you still have the belladonna delphinium? If so, that would be great! Thank you.

Still up for grabs:
regal calla lily corms-I can start these if you prefer
azure blue allium
lady's mantle-alchemilla mollis
autumn flowering purple monkshood (aconitum)
sedum rosette-ground cover
'autumn joy' sedum
variagated sedum (green/yellow)-few only
'stella d'oro' yellow daylily
red 'stella?' daylily
'woods pink' dwarf aster-fall blooming
variegated hosta-name unknown-pics available
oxalis triangularis-purple shamrock -few only
'Karl Forster' grass
variegated sedge 'Ice Dance" - volunteers
spring flowering anemone - white
fall flowering anemone - pink
cupid's dart
'moonshine' yarrow -well behaved
'arctic fire' dianthus
'blue hill' salvia -few only
obsidian heuchera (few)
1 Rose of China (flowering almond) division
1 dwarf Korean lilac shrub divisions
'firecracker' lysmachia division
Annual seedlings: 'bonanza bolero'marigolds
'art shades' calendula
snapdragon mix
Winter sown plants:(small seedlings)- garden gods willing!
delphinium grandiflorum 'SUMMER NIGHTS' - few only
heliopsis 'Lorraine sunshine'
siberian wallflower
maltese cross- lychnis chalcedonia
'alaska' shasta daisy
blue flax

New as of today:
'brunette' clematis koreana (3 small divisions)
yvonnes's salvia (from seed)...fingers crossed...it's a red
purple euphorbia (spurge)- volunteers
'moonbeam' coreopsis
dianthus caryophylus (light pink/darker pink center)
wooly lamb's ear (divisions)
easter egg plant (from seed)

Sowing seeds for 'St. John's Fire' Salvia, and some assorted zinnias...I'll keep you posted if I have any luck!

o

ROSS: I have a white lupine that is next to a pink one, I just don't remember which is which so I'll bring them both for you if they are not flowering by then. I also bring some daffodils. Thank you for the trade.

I am out of daffodils now.

Merja

o
gardeng8

Thanks gardeng8, I will set aside the delphinium for you, and look forward to the lime rickey heuchera.
I had to spend the day inside today so no gardening. Is there anything else on my list (so far) that you would be interested in? I would appreciate an azure blue allium if there is. thanks.
gg/Lois

o
bev

No problem, Bev. I will dig up a clump of comfrey for you and would like to try the dill vierling. It says that it is dwarf on most sites I looked at, but a couple said that it grew to 4 feet. I will see. :)
Lois

o

Mon, May 4, 09 at 11:02

Hi Gardeng8

I'm interested in your Rose of China (flowering almond) and dwarf Korean lilac shrub. Anything on my list jump out at you?

- Agastache (Hyssop) "honey bee blue" small divisions
- Agastache (Hyssop) "Tutti Frutti" seedlings
- Alchemilla / Ladies Mantle divisions
- Campanula lactiflora "Dwarf Pink"
- Dill "Vierling"
- Echinaea (pink) volunteers
- Lychnis chalcedonica red (Maltese cross)
- Nepeta "Walkers Low" small division
- Nicotiana "Aztec" and probably some other Nikis, too
- Parsley "Darki"
- Passiflora caerula seedling
- Penstemon cobea (Fairy Thimbles) seedlings
- Penstemon whippleanus "Chocolate Drop" seedlings
- Phlomis tuberosa (purple Jerusalem sage)
- Physostegia virginiana pink
- pink mums, unknown var. photo here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mum&w=23796236%40N08
- Ruta graveola (common rue) small pot
- Salvia "Rose Queen"
- Silene (seedling from "Electra") prolific self-seeder
- Silphium (cup plant) division
- Thyme "Doon Valley"
- Valeriana officinalis white (this is the species / herb)
- Verbena (blue, perennial, ground-cover type, blooming now, gorgeous)
- Wall Germander

- Bev

o

Hi Bev w,

I am happy to set aside the rose of china (flowering almond) and the dwarf Korean lilac. I must warn you that they are very small (so far). In fairness, just a small piece of walkers low nepeta or the tutti fruiti agastache would be greatly appreciated.

Greylady gardener: I will set a blue azure allium aside for you. I think that the tall pink phlox would be beautiful if you have any of left.

Thank you both again!

o

Thanks gardeng8, looking forward to the azure blue allium.

**NEW**
--perennial candytuft seedlings--small clumps
--rooted cuttings of plectranthus 'Mona lavender'
--poppies I 'think' they are double orange
--poppies-smaller flowered, brilliant orangey-red
--hardy geranium--pink (unknown name)

-LOTS of pots of various sizes
-impatiens balfourii seedlings---Sharri
-tall pink phlox division---Merja---Carol
-couple of well rooted cuttings of brugmansia-one yellow and one white (might have more later after 'inventory') :)
-delphinium-bought last year and not planted-left in pot all winter and now growing-36-48"--light blue---Carol
-peachleafed bellflower--either white or mauve-(not sure until they flower)
-clustered bellflower-dark purple
-comfrey division---Bev
-three catalpa seedlings about 8-10" tall---one for Sharri
-white birch tree seedlings wintersown last year, but not planted out-leafed out already.-one about 6-8" tall, one a bit smaller (the third one seems to have been uprooted by the toad that keeps trying to make a home in my containers out there).
-tulipa tarda---Carol---Merja

o
merja

Hi Merja,
I bought a seed mix of red annuals and there are zinnia seeds in there. I am about to plant them and will also be planting scarlet flax. If they grow properly, then I will bring you some. I noticed that I am trying to put more red in my garden this year also.(that's why I bought the scarlet flax and annual red mix seeds ) :)
gg/Lois

o

Is anyone looking for native plants? I may be able to help with some of those.
Lois I would be interested in a bellflower colour doesn't matter
thanks Sharri

o

Trade list as of Tuesday May 5/09
White Calla Lilly (young plants)
Non identified Brugmansia seedlings
Sweet Woodruff division
Sedum (mounding type)
Yucca filamentosa (division)
Lunaria (money plant)
Small pink Tropical Hibiscus rooted cutting
Mixed colour Sweet William
Castor Bean (foot tall plant as of today)
Cardinal Climber (young plant)
Bergenia (division)
Whopper Salvia(seedlings)

Carol(gardeng8) I noted that you were willing to start Regal Callas for trade...would you mind starting the ones you have previously traded to me. I would like to have that extra grow time if it is not too much trouble for you!!P.S. is there anything on my list that would interest you in exchange for a Easter egg plant seedling?

Lois: Would anything on my list interest you in exchange for a Plectranthus cutting??

Bev: Would anything on my list be of interest to you in exchange for Verbena and Penstemon Whippleanus seedling??

Thanks everyone. Ross.

o

Carol & Lois: Thank you for your efforts to get some red into my garden. I keep my fingers crossed too. :)
Merja

o

Just wanted to add that I have 6 Bronzed Leaf Canna rhizomes up for trade. Thanks.Ross

o
Ross

Tue, May 5, 09 at 14:56

Hi Ross,

You're interested in the Verbena and Penstemon whippeleanus "Chocolate Drop" I listed.

Could you spare 3 or 4 seedlings of the annual Salvia "whopper"? I had a terrible time with the annuals this year-- only two of my Yvonnes Salvia germinated.

Maybe a Lunaria as well. I grew some Lunaria "Munstead" last year and they turned out to be rather short. I like the taller kind better. Maybe its just this sudden hit of hot weather that prompts them to bloom young.

I could increase the number of Penstemons and Verbena divisions to make the trade more balanced. LMK.

- Bev

o

Wow the trading has really begun. Here are a few things that I have this year. I will update as soon as I can.

Daylily- orange, Yellow, Daring Deception, Egyptian Queen, Dream Legacy
Peony- not sure of colour
Rose of Sharon-Mauve with Burgandy eye
Creeping Myrtle or Periwinkle
Chinese Latern
Hosta- Partiot, Stiletto, Tiny Tears, Ventricosa
Morning Glory- Grandpa Ott, Flying Saucer
Afican Daisy
Rose Mallow
Black Eyed Susan
Baby's Breath
Tomatoe-Beef Steak

flowergirl- If you still have available I would like Little Grapette, Pandora's Box, Fairy Tale Pink and Strawberries.

Rosco- If you still have available I would like clematis Tangutica, White Calla and Yellow Calla.

gardeng8- If you still have available I would like regal call and red 'stella' daylily.

greylady- If you still have available I would like yellow brugsmansia.

Check my list to see if there is anything you would like in trade.

Thanks

o

ROSS--I will bring the plectranthus 'mona lavender'. I would love to have the cardinal climber if you think that is a fair trade.

LOVINLIFE--I will set the yellow brug aside for you, and would I be able to have your hosta 'tiny tears'?

BEV--would you have another whippeleanus "Chocolate Drop" seedling?

MERJA--the zinnias are planted this afternoon and the flax will go in tonight. ....XX--crossed fingers--XX

Lois

o

loveinlife I would be interested in an Egyptian Queen or Dream Legacy and Periwinkle

list
trout lily
jack in the pulpit
trillium
orange daylilies
yellow daylilies
grape hyacinths
yellow hollyhocks
bishops weed
bagged manure

lots of seeds

can try to pot up some mayflower. Don't know if it will take

o

Tue, May 5, 09 at 16:54

Hi again gang,

Well nothing has changed and it still doesnt look like I can make the swap so far but I am chomping at the bit and I was wondering if I can do some swapping with people and try to arrange a different time to pick up/drop off the swaps

Lovinlife: I would love to swap for Egyptian Queen and Dream Legacy daylilies and Patriot hosta and ventricosa if possible . I have some daylilies and hosta that I could swap with you .

And Greylady-Gardener , I am interested in your pots and comfrey , Is there some way we can work a swap ?

Merja , I would love to trade for Ice Cap and Pandora's box if possible. Can we work something out ?

Please let me know . Maybe I can meet with someone and leave my swaps for the others with them ?

Hope to hear from some of you

Signet

Let me know

o
signet

so sorry that you still can't find a way to come to the swap! (keep thinking about it!!) :)
anyway I would be happy to pot up some comfrey and set aside a stack of pots for you (which sizes do you prefer?)I do have lots of medium/small/med-large and some good sized ones too. Just let me know and I will pick out the ones you prefer. We will figure out the rest later. :)
gg

o

Hi LOVINLIFE, I would like to have daylilies Egypian Queen and Dream Legacy, hosta Patriot and African Daisy for Little Grapette, Pandora's Box, Fairy Tale Pink and strawberries if okay? (I have told myself many times that I have enough daylilies but here I go again...)

HEATHER: We can meet so you can do some trades too if you like. I have Ice Cap and Pandora's Box for you.

Merja

o

ROSS: Your regal calla lily are planted...up about 2 inches so far. I will set aside an easter egg plant (seedling) for you. Do you still have any whopper salvia left? If so, that would be great.

LOVINLIFE: Regal calla and red stella? daylily are yours...how does the grandpa ott and flying saucer morning glory sound in exhange?

BEV_W:
I am happy to set aside the rose of china (flowering almond) and the dwarf Korean lilac. I must warn you that they are very small (so far). If it is reasonable, just a small piece of walkers low nepeta or the tutti fruiti agastache would be greatly appreciated.

I hope to plant the other callas tomorrow for the other requests so they will be a little smaller than Ross's.

Thanks for all the trades everyone!

o

Carol: Thanks for starting the Regal Calla and yes I have some Whopper Salvia (young plants) that I will put aside for you.

Bev: I will put some Whopper Salvia aside for you in exchange for some Verbena and Penstemon.Don't worry about the amount. I am just happy to have a seedling or two. Thankyou.

Lovinlife: I can procide you with the Clematis Tangutica a White Calla and a Yellow Calla. Would you have any of the Dream legacy Daylilly and Baby's Breath still available? If not any of the other Daylillies will do. Thanks. Ross.

Lois: Thanks for the Plectranthus trade. I will put aside a Cardinal Climber Vine for you. Thanks. Ross.

o

Wed, May 6, 09 at 0:20

GG: I'll set aside a Penstemon "chocolate drop" for you.

Ross: Thanks! Confirming Whopper Salvias, Bears Breeches, and monkshood for amaranth golden giant, parsley darki, cup plant, penstemon choc.drop, and ground cover verbena.

Heather: Too bad! Where are the other Londoners? Barb Lee?
BlueIris Heather? Maybe they can help out with a pickup spot.

MoT: can you spare a yellow hollyhock?

Anyone: does anyone have some Iceland Poppy (papaver nudicale) in orange?

- Bev

o

Yes Bev I have lots I can share and like I said before I am not very good with plant names. I have poppy seeds and I googled the iceland poppy and I think thats what I have.
The neighbour just called them ornamental poppies. I could start some today if you would like.

Lois I would be interested in a bellflower colour doesn't matter

loveinlife I would be interested in an Egyptian Queen or Dream Legacy and Periwinkle

list
trout lily
jack in the pulpit
trillium
orange daylilies
yellow daylilies
grape hyacinths
yellow hollyhocks
bishops weed
lily of the valley
bagged manure

lots of seeds

can try to pot up some mayflower. Don't know if it will take

o

Sorry Sharri, I saw your request for the PL bellflower and thought I had answered you. I must not have hit the 'submit' button.
I do have you down for the bellflower, catalpa seedling and the impatiens balfourii.
Could you bring me a yellow hollyhock?
thanks
Lois

o
bev

Thanks for the penstemon 'chocolate drop". We will work something out for it later....off to work now.
Lois

o

Bev: In your list of confirmations you didn't mention Lunaria. I have one set aside for you. Ross.

o

flowergirl- I will put aside and Egyptian Queen, Dream Legacy, Patriot Hosta and African Daisy.

Rosco- I will put aside Dream Legacy and Baby's Breath.

gardeng8- I will put aside the Grandpa Ott and Flying Saucer Morning Glories.

greylady- I will put side the Tiny Tears Hosta.

Signet-I will put aside the Egyptian Queen, Dream Legacy, Patriot and Ventricosa. Maybe I can meet up with you before the swap and bring your trades with me.

Mom of Three- Egyptian Queen and Dream Legacy have been traded but would you like the Daring Deception and the Periwinkle for some Manure?

o

Lovinlife: how about a rose of sharon and periwinkle?

o

Thank you lovinlife. Looking forward to the 'tiny tears' hosta in ex for the yellow brugmansia.
Lois

o

Just a couple to add to the list:

-bee balm-red (spreads but easily pulled up)
-geranium sanguineum

Lois

o

Thu, May 7, 09 at 12:38

Hi again everyone ! Thanks so much for being willing to trade other than at the swap.

I thought I would list some stuff that I have to trade so that the above traders could pick what they want and I can get it potted up for them .

Here is my list:

regular and cherrypink lungwort
candy necklace iris
forget me nots
small divisions of Brunnera " Jack Frost"
mini purple iris
yellow with purple iris
violets - purple, white with purple ,and violet "freckles" white with purple polkadots
ladybells ( can be invasive)
Chinese lanterns (can be invasive)
Dame's Rocket ( great butterfly attractor)
Centaurea montana
Centaurea Dealbata
couple of small divisions of yellow primrose
1 large agapanthus
1 very small agapanthus
1 fuschia ( tropical)
Double feverfew
Golden feverfew (small divisions)

HOSTAS
small division of "Twist of Lime" (this is a real mini)
August Moon
Paul's Glory
lancifolia ( great edger hosta .increases really well
unknown varigated ( again increases well)
Small division of Stilleto
Daylilies :

Rocket City
Siloam Uri Winniford
Little Winecup
Bradley Bernard
1 df division of Bonanza
1 df division of Aquamarine
unknown name red daylily
Schoolbus yellow daylily sold to me as Fulva Tawny but is not but I keep it as it is a gorgeous daylily (bagel type of daylily)

Ground covers :
Goutweed ( good for very dry shady or sun location where nothing else will grow )
creeping buttercup
Creeping Jenny
couple of types of sedum
Ajuga "Chocolate chip"

bulbs:
Snowdrops
Star of Bethlehem
Poet's Narcissus ( heavenly smell ...blooms now )
Lots of other stuff but cant think of it as I type . If you are looking for something let me know I might have some

Signet

o

Thu, May 7, 09 at 13:12

Hi again ,

Greylady, I would love to trade too for some double orange poppies please. Let me know

Thanks
Signet

o

SIGNET: I am interested in hostas 'Twist of Lime' and 'Paul's Glory' for the daylilies if it is okay with you. What kind of iris is candy necklace iris? I can't find a pic when I googled it.

Merja

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here