Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherylnpickering

WANTED: Interest in Toronto West End Swap???

cherylnpickering
16 years ago

A thread has been posted on the conversation side,asking if there are any planned swaps for the west end of Toronto this spring? Wander over there if you know of any or are interested.

Comments (31)

• jay3fer
    16 years ago

I'd be interested if it was a Sunday or holiday Monday. Thanks!!!

• Mari11
    15 years ago

I'd like to participate! Prefer Sunday. I have perennials to share. Will be glad to see again GardenWeb gardeners!

• ninjakaren
    15 years ago

I'm in the Markham area. I had posted on here about an east end swap but my post was deleted so i guess Im driving out to the West end instead. Sundays are also better for me. i have lots of pots to trade too.
    k

• nadia_smiles
    15 years ago

Hello All!

So, are we swapping? Does anyone have any date suggestions? I think we should wait until after May 24, just to be safe from frost. I know I sound like a wimp, but it's cold out there today!

How does everyone feel about Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 10 a.m.?

Does anyone have a location preference? I'm suggesting the same spot as last year (the parking lot behind sobey's at Kipling and Queensway), because it worked so well last spring, but I'm open to your suggestions.

Let me know what you all think! Let's get this show on the road!

Nadia

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

Once again, I'd be in! J

• amcorrigan
    15 years ago

I would be interested but I am away on June 1 to 6th.

AM

• nadia_smiles
    15 years ago

AM's not available June 1. How are people with June 8?

• cherylnpickering
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, You may want input from those on the conversation side

Here is a link that might be useful: hope it works -TO west swap

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

I answered the discussion side of the West End exchange plants post, and I think May 18 is a good time, June 1 or 8 may be too late. It is a Sunday, so it is good for me.
    I attended last year and it was a great exchange, lots of plants for everyone.
    The place that was held last year is ok.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

I agree with wildflower, June seems late to me. Let's try for either May 18 or the following weekend.

• carsbrook
    15 years ago

Hi, I would be interested in joinig you on Sunday June 2. I have ground covers and perennials for exchange.

Bo

• lanakolo
    15 years ago

Hello everybody!
    So, are we going to do it? I have a couple of lilies which I need to find a loving home for. Anybody interested? May 18th sounds good to me.
    Lana

• saralee
    15 years ago

Oh so THIS IS WHY no one is replying on the discussion side? THANK YOU for letting us know on that side, which was where all the posts were about swaps last year.

Frankly, I gave away much better plants that what I received last Spring, (weeds mostly) so I will continue trading with the folks I've come to know locally and there was a fabulous swap today and so I'm tapped out anyhow.

Enjoy the fun and thanks for the consideration.

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

It's a shame that there's been some redundancy in creating threads but (for Saralee & others who are annoyed) I will say that this forum is EASILY the worst I have ever used in terms of being able to find & search threads... so please don't blame those who are trying hard to organize something and looking forward to swapping. :-)
    (Can't we all just get along? :-)))

I think a tally would be useful to make sure there are enough people interested - from both threads!

Looks like this coming Sunday - May 18th - is looking best for everybody. Who can make it?

From the above, and the other thread, it looks like the following could participate on that date:
    ~ Me
    ~ Lana/Lanakolo
    ~ Sorellina
    ~ Wildflower_2
    ~ Violetta

Not sure - PLEASE post here (on THIS thread!) ASAP to let us know!:
    ~ Nadia_smiles?
    ~ amcorrigan?
    ~ Bo/carsbrook?
    ~ Cherylnpickering?
    ~ mari11?
    ~ Ninjakaren?
    ~ jroot?

Anyone else - feel free to RSVP for THIS coming Sunday, May 18!

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

Have emailed all those with "emailable" IDs. Apologies to those I couldn't reach! Please RSVP here. I'll bookmark it and return to tally the RSVPs later this week!!! Hope to see you-all on Sunday. (I'll be the super-shy one with the cute kids in the tiny beat-up white Hyundai)

• nadia_smiles
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Yes, Sunday, May 18, 2008 is good for me. Please count me in!

• skraps
    15 years ago

I would love to do this but not sure if I could make it for the 18. Can you please let me know the location and Time

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

I guess we're aiming for 10 a.m., and as Nadia said above, the same spot as last year (the parking lot behind Sobey's / Zellers at Kipling and Queensway).
    Hope we get a few more in!

• jroot
    15 years ago

Sorry, I can't make it on the 18th. I have a house full of guests. Too bad though, as I have a LOT of extra dahlias and cannas.

• amcorrigan
    15 years ago

I would be interested in either Sunday or Monday.

I have some Red Magic, Missouri Beauty, Tetrina's Daughter, and Stella D'Oro daylilies, some Only the Lonely nicotania seedlings, and some Obedient Plant. I have other stuff but I just can't think of them right now. Only the Lonely is a great annual, 6 feet tall, 6 inch tubular flowers that are very fragrant and the leaves are huge. I also have some castor bean plant seeds that are not too late to plant.

I am looking for hosta, daylily, fern, and brug.

AM

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

UPDATES!

YES:
    ~ Me - I can offer a small hosta piece for a daylily!
    ~ amcorrigan
    ~ Nadia_smiles

NO:
    ~ jroot

Potentially YES but haven't heard back: :-(
    ~ Lana/Lanakolo
    ~ Sorellina
    ~ Wildflower_2
    ~ Violetta

NOT SURE:
    ~ skraps
    ~ Bo/carsbrook?
    ~ Cherylnpickering?
    ~ mari11?
    ~ Ninjakaren?
    ~ jroot?

Keep sending those RSVPs for THIS coming Sunday, May 18!

I have to add here - I hate to rain on this parade, but if we don't have at least five confirmed YESes, and even possibly 8, it might not be worthwhile... in which case, I'll have to bail on y'all. Sorry! :-(

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

We can make this event, but I'm not sure at this point what I will have to trade now. Our landlords hired some "landscapers" to mow the lawns and "edge" around the front garden beds. The reality that transpired amounted to tilling seedlings under and weed-whacking daylilies, bulb flowers, poppies, dianthus, lupines, and general havoc wreaked on the garden. If anything, I'll be looking for sympathy and extras. I'd love some non-orange daylilies and other perennials that don't require digging up in the Fall. I'm still hoping sydseeds materializes because I'd really love some bleeding hearts for the shady area along the side of the house.

• cherylnpickering
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi
    My original intent was only to direct interest to Violetta's post on the conversation side. I'll be out of town. Have fun
    Cheryl

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

DAILY UPDATES!
    YES:
    ~ Me - I can offer a small hosta piece for a daylily!
    ~ amcorrigan
    ~ Sorellina
    ~ Nadia_smiles

NO:
    ~ jroot
    ~ Cherylnpickering

~ Lana/Lanakolo
    ~ Wildflower_2
    ~ Violetta

NOT SURE:
    ~ skraps
    ~ Bo/carsbrook?
    ~ mari11?
    ~ Ninjakaren?
    ~ jroot?

Sigh...

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I am still available to come, for May 18 Sunday.

I have peonies, if anybody is interested and many other perennials too many to mention, so I am just going to bring an assortment.

I also have heirloom tomatoes, if anybody wants some,

10:00 am is good for me.

• Mari11
    15 years ago

I will be there on 18th. I will post my list later tonight.
    Wildflower, your peonies are great! if you have more, I will be happy to get some. And any pots!

• Mari11
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I posted list of my plants on my member exchange page. Take a look and let me know if you're interested in anything.

I am looking for hostas, peonies,lungwort, tulips (I have only purple and red, so all other colors welcome: yellow,orange,pink and bi-colored) and POTS!

If you want to contact me, please, email to marina12(at) rogers.com. Or call 416-907-6756.
    Marina.

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

DAILY UPDATES!
    OK, a small complication... turns out I have something happening in Thornhill for my daughter's school first thing in the morning. Funny how they never tell you these things 'till the last minute. Apparently, is NOT optional. :-(

And then I have to work at noon, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. :-(((

Still, there are 5 yes's, even without me. Check back tomorrow night for a final tally.

YES:
    ~ amcorrigan
    ~ Sorellina
    ~ Nadia_smiles
    ~ mari11
    ~ Wildflower_2

NO:
    ~ Me - still have hostas; still want daylily... maybe a private swap?
    ~ jroot
    ~ Cherylnpickering

~ Lana/Lanakolo
    ~ Violetta

NOT SURE:
    ~ skraps
    ~ Bo/carsbrook?
    ~ Ninjakaren?
    ~ jroot?

• violetta
    15 years ago

Hello there,
    Sorry, was out of town and did not pick my messages.
    Yes, I will be there on Sunday, 10 AM? is that the time.
    I will have some perenials to offer.
    See you there. Hope we can all make it happen.
    Violetta

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

Final count - sorry I dropped the ball last night:
    YES:
    ~ amcorrigan
    ~ Sorellina
    ~ Nadia_smiles
    ~ mari11
    ~ Wildflower_2
    ~ violetta

Again, I apologize for not being able to make it... with 6 people, you should have enough to have a bit of fun and I am downright SAD that I cannot be there after all. :-(((
    Maybe I'll try for next year / fall? Or private swaps...

Enjoy!

Jennifer

• jay3fer
    15 years ago

In case anybody is still subscribed to this thread since last year... I'm organizing another swap for this coming May (2009).

Please visit my blog / site (link below) for more details.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spring 2009 West End Swap Details

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax
More Discussions