Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

WANTED: Announcement: Bi-Annual Bulb Swap for Spring 2009

cziga
15 years ago

So here we are again - the weather is turning warmer - and this is the Official Announcement for the Spring Bulb Swap!!!

I host a bi-annual event  one in the early Spring to exchange fall-blooming bulbs (planted in Spring) and then another in the early fall to exchange spring-blooming bulbs (planted in the Fall). Perfect for dividing bulbs :)

This Swap would be for spring-planted / fall-blooming bulbs, rhizomes, corms, etc.

Examples of bulbs include, but are not limited to:

Gladiolus, Dahlia, Begonia, Calla Lily, Canna, Crocosmia, Hosta, Astible, Phlox, Heuchera, Fall Crocus, Daylily, Lily (as lilies can be planted in either Spring or Fall, they will be on both lists). No Spring Blooming bulbs in this swap please!

Please NO common orange daylilies or ditch lilies.

NO common purple iris please.

Hardy and tender bulbs accepted.

Please only send bulbs that you would be happy to receive.

Dates:

Bulbs must be received by: April 30

Bulbs will be sent out no later than: May 5

Please remember that the box/bubble envelope you send your bulbs in is most likely the box you will be getting back, only filled with a variety of fun bulbs.

You need to include postage in the same amount as it costs you to send to me. No metered postage please (as it expires) - stamps or cash is acceptable.

Please mark the bulbs you are sending. The bulbs you receive will have the name of the bulbs plus the name of the person that sent them attached.

Please remember to label your bulbs, with the name/cultivar if possible. If you donÂt know the name please give some info, like flower color, variegated leaves, zone, etc.

If I receive bulbs on this end that are dried out or moldy, I will not swap them but will send them back to you. Please send only bulbs that you would be happy to receive!

You may include a small wishlist of some bulbs you would like to receive in return, and I will try to accommodate at least one, if not more, of your requests.

You may also include a small like of bulbs you would NOT like to receive, if there are any!

Please also include your GardenWeb name so I can keep everyone straight.

If youÂd like to participate in this swap, you can post on this thread and I will send you an email through your member page, or you can email me through my GardenWeb member page, and I will give you my mailing address.

This should be a lot of fun!

Comments (9)

• gardenitis
    15 years ago

HI there,

Count me in. Sounds like a lot of fun! I look forward to your email :>)

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

I would like to be part of it too. I have many things to swap.

Wildflower_2

• cziga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just got back from a long weekend away, so I'll be emailing out the info in a day or two to everyone that has expressed interest so far. It is still a while until the swap date, but the weather around here is looking encouraging . . . finally! :)

• cziga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, Happy April! I have 7 people participating so far - 3 on this forum and 3 around me, + myself. Would still love to have more, so if anyone else is interested in swapping bulbs, just send me an email (or post here). Deadline is still a month away, but its certainly the weather to start planning!!!

• cziga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• cziga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just a reminder for all those participating, that you have 2 weeks before the bulbs should get to me.

And for anyone else, there is still time if you'd like to participate. Just send me an email (or post to this thread).

• cziga
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well the deadline is almost here, almost all packages in so far and still waiting on a couple that should arrive in the next few days! I've emailed everyone individually to let you know if/when your package arrived. Some great bulbs so far!
    As soon as they are all in, I will swap the bulbs and send them back out :)

• cziga
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just to let everyone know, the packages were all received by last friday. All bulbs are now swapped out, repackaged, and on their way back to you all as of today. There were 9 total participants, and a wonderful variety of interesting and healthy bulbs to swap! I think everyone got something that they wanted . . .

Thank you to everyone on this forum who participated and hopefully you'll be back in the fall for the fall swap of spring-blooming bulbs (daffs, tulips, etc). I usually post the announcement sometime neat the end of August/beginning of September.

I'd appreciate it if you could email me to let me know when you've received them back in the mail . . . and if there are any problems of course :) Thanks!

• gardenitis
    14 years ago

HI Cziga,

Just wanted you to know that my box'o'goodies arrived yeaterday. WOW - thanks, I'm thrilled.

Thanks for so generously giving your time to arrange this fun swap for us. I hope my plants and their copper tags were enjoyed by those who received them.

michelle ~ Gardenitis

Sponsored
More Discussions