Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smithseeds

TREES: large collection for sase

smithseeds
16 years ago

Still emptying the seed room...I have lots of different types of TREES for SASE ... from Green Ash to Foxglove tree. If there are any other garden seeds I can send, please send a note. I also have TREES, SHRUBS, COLD HARDY, HEIRLOOM, ANNUALS PERENNIALS, FRUIT, VEG, HERBS.

SASE: Please send a larger envelope sent with $2.30 in Canadian stamps. (I have had the odd person send one .52 cent stamp...sorry, don't want to pay for people's postage - letter will be returned to sender). I have had the experience that if a small envelope is sent, it will not fit through the mail slot size and you will be COD'd parcel rate which is around $6.50.

FEEDBACK: For anyone who has received seeds from me already, feel free to post the different varieties you received, if you wish.

SEED LISTS: With everything on the go, I don't have a seed list that I can maintain. When the seeds are gone, they are gone.

CONTACT: Please email me directly at smithsatthelake@ hotmail.com as I don't check the GW forum on a regular basis.

Comments (10)

• coldfusion
    16 years ago

Hello there,
    ItÂs really nice of you to offer lots of free seeds. Considering every tree you plant will contribute saving this planet from global warming, I would like to grow trees and encourage others to do their share. I have mailed you a SASE today and thanks a lot for your time and efforts!!!
    Dan

• prairie_gal_z2b
    16 years ago

Message sent!
    Thanks!

• jazzyjasmine
    16 years ago

Hi all -

Smithseeds was kind enough to send me a whole whack of seeds when I sent my SASE.

I got their seeds on Feb. 21, 2008 and what a variety!

Make sure you send a large envelope and plenty of postage.

I've already sent my sincere thanks to Smithseeds when I received their seeds and thought
    I'd heed the call for feedback.

Here's what they sent me -

Alcea mix - single (Heirloom) - Fig-leaf hollyhock
    Allium tuberosum (Chinese grass onion)
    Basil - large leaf (heirloom)
    Basil - Sweet (Heirloom herb)
    Beet - Detroit Dark Red
    Cabbage - Mammoth Red Rock
    Calendula
    Caragana aborescens (Siberian pea tree)
    Chamomile - German
    Coriander (Heirloom herb)
    Cornus stolonifera (Red Osier Dogwood)
    Echinacea (purple coneflower)
    Foxglove - mixed colors
    Forget me nots
    Kale - Red Russian
    Lettuce - Grenoble
    Ochna serrulata (Mickey Mouse Plant)
    Papaver rhoeas (Flanders poppies)
    Parsley - Dark Green Italian
    Pepper (Cal Wonder/Golden Cal Wonder
    Pinus nigra - Pine (Austrian)
    Pinus sylvestris (Scots Pine)
    Prunus tomentosa (Manchu cherry)
    Sambucus nigra (Black Elderberry)
    Snapdragon - tetra mixed colors
    Spinach - Camano
    Stock - dwarf
    Tomato - Bradley/Marglobe
    Tomato - Crimson Cushion
    Tomato - Delicious/Fireball
    Tomato - Large Cherry/Pink Oxheart
    Tomato - Roma
    Tomato - Rutgers/Beefsteak
    Tsuga - Eastern Hemlock
    Viburnum lentago (Nanny Berry)
    Viburnum trilobum (Highbush cranberry)
    Viola - heirloom herb pansy
    Watermelon - Chilean Black
    Watermelon - Crimson sweet
    Watermelon - Heirloom Icebox
    Watermelon - Jubilee
    Watermelon - Midnight Oasis
    Watermelon - Starfire

Thanks again, Smithseeds for the incredibly generous offer. It's very much appreciated.

• ladyk2008
    16 years ago

does anyone know how to get in touch with these folks? I have emailed their hotmail account twice and haven't heard from them... any ideas? I would love to send them an SASBE but no address....

• mariana2007
    16 years ago

I sent my SASBE with $2 postage inside in January. Haven't got anything yet. I don't know what to think. The envelope should have returned back with seeds or no seeds, but I haven't heard anything from Smith yet.

• wendy2shoes
    16 years ago

Hi Mariana..sorry you haven't been getting a response. I sent postage in February and got a whack of seeds. (Willy did too by the accounts here). Maybe you're envelope got lost (or stolen). A postal worker got charged last week for stealing mail at the airport.
    I know smithseeds is renovating per his first offer. Maybe his computer is down for a while.
    Hope things work out for you.

• mariana2007
    16 years ago

My envelope must have been lost in transit. After I posted here I noticed more people got the package seeds from Smith. Sorry Smith, thanks Wendy.

• growjo
    15 years ago

A huge thank you to Smith Seeds for their generosity! I received a huge package of seeds from them today!

Thanks Again!
    growjo

• sweet_marie
    15 years ago

I received a huge package of seeds a few days ago....many different and interesting things! Looking forward to trying all the new stuff!

Thanks so much for the generous offer!

Marie

• prairie_gal_z2b
    15 years ago

Smithseeds,
    My seeds arrived in the mail yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!!! The package was literally bursting at the seams!
    I can't wait to get these started!
    Thanks so much for the generous offer, it is very much appreciated!
    Koren

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County
More Discussions