Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homemommy_gw

WANTED: Plant swap in Brampton Area??

homemommy
15 years ago

Greatings!

I am planning to have a big plant swap at my home in Brampton this spring. I have many many plants personally I would like to trade, and just have been thinking about it all winter!

Anyone else in the area? Very accessible central location.

Comments (60)

• sorellina
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ciao all-

I'm going to Brampton tomorrow!! Ok maybe it's not quite Brampton, but it's got to be close. I have GOT to get out of this house, it's supposed to be 57F for crying out loud. I'm going to Humber Nursery just to walk around and touch plants. Money for the week has been all spent, so I'm safe. I might even go to Reeves on my way back to the silly 401. I hate that highway. I'm the only one in Ontario driving 100 kmh on that highway..in the far right lane. I don't even hear any of you honking at me anymore!

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

Hi
    I know what you are going through sorellina. We go to greenhouses, just to smell the earth, the damp warm soil.Soon soon, we,ll be out there complaining, the back hurts, it,s too hot, too cold, too wet ect.....
    Thank you for the info about a swap. It sounds interesting.
    We,ll have to wait and see, how our host is running it.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like this thing is going to get off the ground!

Ok, so this is what I am thinking, We can have two streams at the exchange, those for direct pre arranged trades, and those that are a little more adventurous, a bring something... take something you find and like approach!

We may need to start a separate thread that deals just with the trades / have list. I'll start that if this thread becomes unmanageable!

We will offer both veggies and flowers. I will have labels for the plants and a sharpie marker handy! I think that when a person arrives, if they have not labled their plant yet, they will have to, with the following info : Name of Plant, sun preferance, their name or ID (in case they want it back at the end of the day if no one claims it)

For those that have planned a particular exchange with a member, I suggest that we have these members "register" the exchange, so that when they show up, the plant can get labeled and set aside for its intended recipient, and if their plant they are anticipating to pick up has already arrived, help it find its way to them quicker. I am also going to see if I can hunt down some extra plants from Freecycle closer to the big day, just to help make sure we have a good mix / variety from the start.

I strongly encourage that for those with well established beds that require "thining" that they be kind enough to pot up some of their excess and donate it! It will offer more variety right from the start, and would be really appreciated.

However, anyone is free to bring as much or as little as they are able to or feel comfortable with, and either leave as much as they want, or take away what they brought if they don't find anything to exchange it with! These are personal decisions and I respect everyones comfort level.

So, yes Ladybug, If you would like to just cut your losses and bring your plants home if you don't see anything of interest, feel free to do so! And thank you sorellina for your insight on other exchanges, I am sure we can accomadate direct exchanges, and labeling things had already been top of mind ;-)

• wendy2shoes
    15 years ago

Hi guys! Check out the "conversations" side at the top of this forum for details on past swaps. It may help in the organization side of the event to see how others have done it. Ideas and rules to make it flow nicely are explained. Been to a couple myself..a fun and wonderful way to exchange plants, seeds, gardening stuff of all sorts, and meet new friends!
    A great idea is the "trade circle". You put a number of your things in, and can withdraw the same. Check it out!

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think that was the idea I was thinking of without having the right term... "Trade Circle".

Just have to set some bounderies for it, and perhaps have a few, one for seedlings, another for veg, and another for established perennials... I'll look over the past exchanges like you suggested and see what can be done!!

So, we will have a direct exchange between members, and a trade circle...

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao HomeMommy-

I talked to my husband about this as he knows the GTA much better than I do. He wanted to know if you're thinking of having this event close to Queen Street. We'd be coming from North York and probably taking Highway 7.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Indeed... Steps from Queen St! lol

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

How many people to you have intersted in the swap now?
    It would be nice to have a few more poeple for variety. Let us know what date is good.

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!
    its swap time again! I have been to a few of them, and it is not too hard to organize. The day should be on a weekend either Saturday or Sunday and not a long weekend. Sunday is best. I am open to any day.
    Anybody that would like to attend should list here anything they have to trade. if anybody is interested should say so. and you can save it for that person. make sure you keep a record.
    I would like to attend because I am not too far from Brampton.
    Usually we meet at a mall parking area, where there is not too many cars, not that many come so it is not a big deal. and it lasts about 1 hr.
    I do have a lot of perennials, and seeding alot of flowers and vegetables. all pots should be labeled so you know what you got.
    I will list what I have if anybody wants any I will bring them. They are all perennials. I will bring some extra too.
    I will also bring some Heirloom tomatoes and any other veggies I am seeding that I have extra. and some Annual flowers too. Some people have asked for jerusalem artichokes, and Comfrey. I can bring some too.I do have too many perennials to list here, If anyone has others they would like, they must go to my trade list.

Peonies light pink
    Peonies dark pink
    Oriental poppies orange
    Phlox white
    Phlox purple
    Phlox pink
    Sweet pea pink
    Black eye susans
    Lupins mixed colours
    Echinacia pink

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao Wildflower-

Saturdays are better for us because we prefer going to the 9:15am Mass on Sundays, but if the consensus is Sunday, we'll work around that.

I'd love to get in on some of that peony action you've got. White phlox would be lovely too. Do your peonies have names that I could look up or do you have photos of them maybe?

I'll have for sure:

Heirloom tomato extras
    Basil extras
    Golden Raspberries
    Strawberries
    Violets
    Orange Daylilies
    Yellow Yarrow
    Garlic
    Sage

• sunita_fleuriste
    15 years ago

hiya all

Ok I'm in too. Brampton isn't that far (it's where Humber Nurseries is, yes?)

Right now I will have some Datura Blackcurrant Swirl and different varieties of columbines, salvia and other things as long as they sprout. I've wintersowed a lot of things (except the datura-I'll have that for sure)
    I'd love some phlox and heirloom tomatoes!

Count me in!
    s

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

great thats a few more.
    I have started tones of things. Closer to the date I will name them.

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Hi Sorellina

I dont have names for the peonies but the ones I have available to trade, are a Fushia colour, I looked it up it maybe the "Peony Bouchela", the other is a bright pink, Could be "Sorbet" I also have alight pink Called "Shirley Temple" I can spare some of those too. I sure would love to have some of the Golden raspberries and some Basil plants, and a few strawberries, what kind of strawberries do you have?

Sunita!
    I would love some of the salvia and the datura blackcurrant Swirl. I will bring some of the Heirloom tomatoe plants that I am seeding. What colour of the phlox that you want?

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey everyone, glad to see things gaining momentum!

So, I am willing to host at my home, Downtown Brampton, in a great neighbourhood for walking around and viewing tons of great gardens ;-) But, if we would rather get together at a park or parking lot we can do that too, I will go with the flow... Not to sure I am really keen on the idea of a parking lot though... These decisions can be made closer to the date, perhaps we can set a goal to have the location firmed up For the First Week of May, along with a date and time ;-)

I am going to HAVE the following:

Green Hosta with Large White Flowers (No name though).

Green varigated Hosta with white margins with Purple Fowers (No Name)

Bressingham Blue Hosta, potentially 2 small plants, these where bought bagged this year, so they will need to be quarantined for 1-3 years for signs of Hosta Virus.(grown separately, starilize tools after handling)

Crazy Daisy

Chinese Lanterns

Puple coneflower. (Might have double decker, first year seedlings).
    Variety of perennial Black eyed Suzy's

Geraniums (Several annual varieties)

Cannas (Un named)
    Dinner Plate Dahlias (Either Lilac Time or Moms Special, they will surprise you!)

Will likely have many others, have to see what survives.

List of Other members so far that are interested:
    ladybug6a
    wildflower_2
    Sorellina
    sunita_fleuriste
    raptorfan
    thehills
    northernflwr

I would like to extend this swap to members of Bramptons Freecycle cafe (Brampton Talks) last year there was a lot of interest in a fall swap, but due to complications with our move it did not get off the ground.

• thehills
    15 years ago

I was not sure if I was going to be able to make the swap, but I will make it a priority now, you all have such wonderful things to trade :-)) And the idea of a 1 hour swap is great, that way if we have arranged trades no one ends up waiting for hours

Wildflower. I know we just arranged a trade, but I would be happy to bring the bergenia roots to the swap for you. I would love some White Phlox if & Light Pink Paeony if you have any left. I could also bring you a mature Salvia "Blue or Violet Queen" plant.

Sorellina
    I would love some golden raspberries, you dont have anything listed on your trade page but I have a lot of heirloom tomatoes if you like. I have just started strawberries from seed but would be happy to trade for those as well if they are a different variety.

I will have to trade:
    -A few Autumn Joy Sedum 2-3 year old plants
    - Purple/Blue Tall Beared Iris
    -Yellow Pond Surround Iris
    -Various Heirloom Tomatoes  I already have them germinating, so I will keep extras for those interested
    -Likely various Basil varieties I have 10 different ones I am trying from seed
    -A few Red Currant 2 year starts, they were layered from the parent plants in the fall of 06.
    -A few Salvia "Blue Queen" mature plants

I will pot up extra Daturas if there is interest (double white, purple, yellow) and get a better idea of what else I can share in a few weeks.

Plants to be set aside for :
    Wildflower  Bergenia Roots, tentative Salvia "Blue Queen", possibly basils-

I am looking for simple white or pink daylilies, agapanthus and generally any pure white or sky blue perennials.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao thehills and wildflower-

I don't know what variety the strawberries are. They're non-variegated normal leaf type and they get to be about an inch, quite tasty and they spread like crazy. They're very hardy also, I just put Fall leaves over them and they're just fine.

thehills, I know, I haven't gotten around to putting anything on my trade page. I've been setting up specific trades and getting my seeds organized. I won't need any heirloom tomatoes, I grow about 70 different ones every year. I'm planning on bringing any extras I have from what I'm going to sow.

Wildflower, all of your peonies sound perfect, I'd love to try them all if that's ok with you.

With this plant swap, I'm primarily looking for fragrant perennial flowers like peonies, lilacs, and roses, if anyone does cuttings of their roses. I know nothing about them, but I love them. I'd also love a clematis for a bare arbour we have and I especially go for blue flowers. If people need to divide their irises, I'd love white or bold-coloured ones. I have the lavender and it's a bit pale and washed-out for me. Also bleeding hearts, if anyone has the white ones, I love them. I know they can be a nuisance and invasive for some people.

thehills, is that purple/blue iris a bold-coloured one or is it a pastel, ditto the blue queen salvia?

I'm also looking for daylilies to replace the orange ones I'm bringing. I've seen some very dark, almost black ones that look fantastic, but white or blue would be great also.

• thehills
    15 years ago

Sorelina, The iris are deep purple/blue,or the ones that have bloomed the past few years I should say as they are so over crowded. The salvia is also deep purple. Neither are pastels, or true blues.

I would love to trade you for golden raspberry & possibly some strawberries, just let me know how many you would like in exchange. thehills

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

Hi I have
    : ornamental corn 1 plant (from seed)
    lg. pepper plants
    Blue var. Iris (water)
    Sedums
    Tall grass P (
    parsley Italien type
    daturas Lilac and white
    bell flowers
    Gooseneck loos strive
    hostas (all newer variety)
    Fennel bronce P
    Geraniums

many more, as I,ll be working I,ll pot up more plants.

I am intersted in all lavender, will take them all.

• sunita_fleuriste
    15 years ago

Hi wildflower!

I'd like pink or white phlox please. Would anyone be interested in castor bean plants? I can start some if anyone wants. They grow quickly.

s

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Sunita I will interested in some Caster beans, I will bring the pink Phlox too.

Homemommy! I would love some of the green hosta with large white flowers, and some of the cannas and Dahlia. see if you would like some of the things I have to trade, also look in my trade list.

Ladybug!
    I would be interested in the grasses, datura lilac and white, Bell flowers and hostas, Please see if thee is something of mine you would like.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao thehills-

Your iris sound absolutely fabulous, I really go for cool colours like burgundy, blue, deep violet, so that should work out just great. Let me know as you're dividing how many you've got and I'll do the same with the raspberries/strawberries. If salvia is easy for beginners with perennials, I'll take some of them as well.

Thanks! I did not see any iris at Canada Blooms yesterday.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wildflower, I think your list sounds delightful! I would be most interested in the Phlox (any colour, provided it is a taller variety), and also the Peonies and the Lupins. I just bought some Phlox from Costco, but I can always use more! the lupins sound really great, I was going to start some from seed, but I think they take a year to bloom?

As for the Green Hosta, not a problem, I can probably give you a fairly sizable plant or at least several good sized divisions depending on your needs, as I have way too many of them! I can put aside a few cannas for you too and dahlias. The cannas are an unnamed, but the dahlias are either dinner plate, lilac time or moms special, I got the two hopelessly mixed up last year when storing! ;-)

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

homemommy that sounds great, dahlias are one of my most favorite flower, thank you very much. I will take all the hosta you want to give me. I got this huge shade place that I have been trying to cover for the last couple of years,I keep planting anything that love shade in there. I will have the phlox, peony and lupins for you.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wildflower, I might be able to get some ferns for you too if interested? ;-) They are great in the shade.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao thehills-

I just noticed that you are also planning to bring red currant cuttings! I would love as many as you can part with. I was planning on picking up a few of those this year as I never seem to get enough currants, so that's just wonderful! ;o) Thank you!

• sunita_fleuriste
    15 years ago

Hiya Wildflower.

I will set aside the castor beans and salvia for you. I've looked at the salvias I've got and they are all annual except for Salvia Argentea. Are you still interested in annual salvias?

I will have for sure

Datura black currant swirl
    4 o clock fuschia/yellow
    Salvia Argentea

I will put what I have on my profile page when I know for sure that I have it.

Trade set up: Wildflower: Pink Phlox, heirloom tomato seedlings for salvias and datura

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am rather excited, my Double Decker Cone Flowers have germinated! So if anyone wants first year seedlings, I should have a few up for grabs and hardened off.

Also, Sorellina, my husband really wants Tomatoes, I don't know if there is anything on my list that is of interest, however I can if you are interested offer up a few mini roses. They came with the house, I have to keep at least a few for sentimental reasons with my neighbours, but I just don't think I need 22 of them!

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao HomeMommy-

Sure thing, I'd love to take some of your roses and those coneflowers of yours sound lovely, too. What colour are they? I know I will have extra tomatoes and it sounds like others will have some as well.

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

homemommy
    I am also happy my special tomatoes and tomatilos , peppers ect are up. I went crazy this year ordering from USA, some special stuff. Many are spocken for, but I can bring a few of them. If your husband (homemommy) would like some.
    I would love a double decker coneflower if you have enough.

wildflower
    Will bring grasses, (you will love them) datura lilac and white, bellflowers, hosta.

Sunita

Will bring herl. tomatos for you. You will be impressed, they are 2 pound +

Would love some datura blackcurrant swirl. if possible.

Somebody wanted strawberries. I have the ornamental kind for containers.(they are sweet to eat, small, come back every year) Could bring if somebody is interested.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorellina, the mini roses where red, pink and an orangy peach sort of colour. They should be in bloom, so you can see for yourself and take what you like.

The coneflowers are a purple, here is a picture of them.

http://www.veseys.com/ca/en/store/perennials/echinaceap/doubledecker1

Although they likely will not bloom this year, being they where not started really early and only first year seedlings! But I will insure they are hardened off and ready for life in the big world ;-)

• thehills
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Been busy potting up heirloom tomatoes, probably started a bit early but they are all doing well!

Sorellina - I will have at least a dozen tall bearded iris, will let you know in a few weeks. And I definitely still want to trade for the golden raspberries :-)) The currants are not cuttings, plants that were layered in 06 and separated in 07, so 2 year old plants. They have not started to leaf out yet, so I am not sure how many I will have 1-4 plants likely.

Ladybug - I would love to trade for a few ornamental strawberries, what might you be looking for? I have a fair number of thing I could take divisions of.

Also I just wanted to add a few things I could bring:
    Nepeta - Catmint White Flowering variety 3 year old plants
    Salvia - "Blue Queen" one promised to wildflower 1 more
    Yucca Filamentosa - Adam's Needle Cream flowering - Divisions, my plants need to be divided this year

Thanks so much. thehills

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!
    Sorry I have not posted, but if anyone wants anything from my list let me know,

Ladybug, you have not asked for anything for the things you are bringing me , let me know if you want you would like.

Homemommy, I would love the ferns, anything shade I like

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

The dark pink peonie would be great, wildflower

the hills, I will bring you some strawberries.

• Anisten
    15 years ago

I would love to come and by the way years ago I was part of the West end of Toronto spring swap and I was the one who suggested the "trading circle" and it took off and it releases the pressure of newbies to gardening of not knowing all the names and terms needed when doing pre arranged trades.

I Think an early Saturday morning is best as there are people who still go to church on Sundays. 9 a.m. should be a good starting time if not earlier that way you can do the swap and go home and plunk them in the ground that same day.

#1. The swap must be at an arranged time that it starts.
    that way usually most get there together

#2. The swap site should be big enough to house a MINIMUM OF 20 CARS. I would imagine we will have a better turnout than that. By late April this thread will have many times more interested.

The site needs to be big enough as most people will keep their plants in the car or close to it so you are not stuck lugging around all those plants, so even though you have volunteered your home homemommy a parking lot is better for such a busy event. I frowned @ the thought of a parking lot too @ first but it works great.

#3 The site must be somewhat private, So there is some control of who comes and not have the public @ large come in and pilfer the plants. A school or church parking lot would work, a mall parking lot would not!

#4. As people arrive they will put on a name tag with the name of their GW Forum Username and their real first name if they choose to.

#5. If one prearranges a trade with someone on here, they label the plant out themselves and hold onto it until they meet the receiver. This will not overburden anyone else and it actually makes it fun to look for people. THE PRE- ARRANGED TRADER DOES NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO GET SOMETHING IN REPLY FROM THE RECEIVER AS THEY MAY NOT HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT. By the end of the swap everyone is happy!

#6. A spot is chosen where the Sharing circle will be and the rule goes that you can take home as many number of plants that you put in.

NOTE: By the end of the swap THE SHARING CIRCLE WILL HAVE WAY MORE LEFTOVER PLANTS THAN NEEDED AND THEN ITS FREE FOR ALL AND YOU CAN TAKE EXTRAS. This also gives NEW GARDENERS who don't have many plants or ANY TO TRADE to walk away with a trunk full of plants - believe me! No need to worry about greedy ones as this doesn't really happen.

If one wants, the circles can be more than one being separated by Vegetables/perenials/annuals/houseplants.
    The sharing circle tends to be THE MEETING POINT to discuss what is what and how to care for it.

#7 A few people need to volunteer to take care of the left over plants and take them so they are not left littering the spot where the swap takes place in. And there is no evidence of what just happened on the spot.

#8 Anything Gardening is great for a trade. From pots to tools to books or magazines. I also gave away some composting worms @ one swap.

#9 Prepare your garden beds ahead of time if possible as you will have so much to take home and it will all need a spot.

The swaps I have gone to have followed these rules and it didn't stress anyone out will all the work and it is an amazing time.

Count me in!

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

Anistan, that sounds great. I have never been to a swap, but it sounds like lots of fun.
    I have been gardening for 30 years, but I am always greety for more plants.
    You explaint and made it sound so easy, that we all should have a great day. Thanks for your input.

ladybug6a

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao all-

I'm just wondering when people are going to start dividing their perennials. I'm starting to see daylilies, iris, and peonies poke up. I need to spread some things out and move some things to other spots. For you veterans, what is your timing for this?

Thanks!

PS Please please take some of my orange daylilies. I have way too many and I can't bear the thought of composting them.

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

sorelina

It,s just a bit too soon to transplant. Wait till beginning of May. If you add a little transplant fertizer (high middle #, like 15-45-15) it perks them up very fast.

ladybug6a

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao ladybug-

Thank you for that. It seems Winter won't end for us anyway, so I will be patient.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anisten, thanks for the tips and your participation ;-)

I hope that we get the numbers you are discribing, that would be fantastic.

It sounds like a Saturday is the better day to do the swap, and I am leaning towards the last Saturday in May, (the 30th). If this does not work for anyone, let me know, we could perhaps arrange it for the first Saturday in June.

I am not stuck on hosting it at my house, and am flexible on location, although I would prefer it to be closer to my house, (wouldn't we all!)

After swap clean up is definately a priority, and fortunately I have a vehicle that can pack a lot of stuff into. Also, being a member of Freecycle I am sure I can rehome any unwanteds after the swap, saving them from the compost heap! If anyone else would like to volunteer for clean up let me know.

I am going to scope out a few locations for the swap, there are a couple community parks nearby that would work perfectly, I just have to confirm there is enough parking. (Ironically there may be more parking within a short distance of my house, unless there is a major event going on downtown, which could happen).

I am not too keen on the 9:00am start time. (I work late on Fridays lol) I think I would prefer to look at a start slightly later, although still morning. Perhaps some more people can weigh in on what their preferences would be. In my books, majority rules.

• sorellina
    15 years ago

Ciao homemommy-

Oh bless you for not deciding to have it Victoria Day Weekend or the one following!!! I have so much going on then, it's just crazy to think of one more gardening event and I'm so looking forward to this swap. I wouldn't mind at all having it later than 9:00am as we're coming from North York and may have my 9 year old stepson in tow.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi sorellina;

Isn't the 30th the weekend after the long weekend? Does this one not work for you either?

I am open to June 6th, although my preferance would be for May 30th.

Anyone else want to weigh in on a date as for what works better for them??

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops, I just looked it up, looks like it is the May 16th-18th weekend for the long weekend, we should be good for May 30th!

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

May 30. sound good for me. 11 AM is ok also. We are 3/4 hr. drive away. 10 AM is also ok. Whatever majority dicides.
    Are we still doing it, if it rains?. (bring umbrella?)

We are under a new moon. So the weather should be ok.

ladybug6a

• wildflwer_2
    15 years ago

It sounds good to me too. sooo May 30 is it? and 10:00 am sounds good, not too late in the morning.

homemommy, let us know if you find a school parking lot or someplace close to your home, where we can park the car with the plants, the last one I went to, there was 12 to 14 people. so you need lots of room. I dont like to haul all the plants too far from my car, Usually I have the plants in the ground next to my car.
    I have been to 3 plants swaps, and there was never any plants left over in the spot. anything that was not traded, or taken, it was just brought back home.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, a parking lot it is. I am thinking I am going to scope out lots at smaller parks for anyone with children, also it is just a bit nicer perhaps then a strip mall lot ;-) (I don't really want to touch chingcousy, as if there is an event there it is just going to get too crazy). Location will still be close to Downtown / Queen St.

10:00 works well, so perhaps we have decided on a time. If it rains, I am leaning towards a rain date the first weekend of June. However, if it rains again, we are just going to have to bring out the umbrellas! How does that sound?

• sorellina
    15 years ago

That sounds fine with me. It's always a good idea to have a contingency. ;o)

• Anisten
    15 years ago

-10 a.m. sounds like a good time, not too early and not too late.

-What about the parking lot of Bramalea Baptist church. It is very big and I know someone who could get the ok from them. It is right accross from Bramalea City Center @ Dixie and Queen. Central close to the 410 for those who would come from a distance. Your choice Homemommy.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

anisten , The location sounds decent. The only thing I could see perhaps foiling it is if they have a wedding or funeral or other event that morning...

If you want to put out feelers with the parish, I would appreciate, see what they have to say...

• Anisten
    15 years ago

I will get my friend who attends the church to okay it. Even if their is a Wedding though the parking lot is so big that we can still do it in a faraway corner. The Church seats close to 1000 so they have alot of parking. I will let you know.

As to the date the date in late May is great I wouldn't want it to go into June as I think everyone is dying to get going on their plantings.

• homemommy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! With over 60 postings and now with firmed up details, (date etc) I think it is time to start a new thread. I will copy over important details to the new thread.

Please post new follow ups here:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg042119357507.html

This thread is now CLOSED! ;-)

More Discussions