Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

WANTED: Spring Bulb Swap

cziga
13 years ago

I have occasionally hosted a Bulb Swap in the Spring (and another in the fall) and I was wondering if there was any interest on this forum this Spring ...

We would be exchanging fall-blooming bulbs (planted in Spring). Examples of bulbs include, but are not limited to:

Gladiolus, Dahlia, Begonia, Calla Lily, Canna, Crocosmia, Hosta, Astible, Phlox, Heuchera, Fall Crocus, Daylily, Lily.

This kind of swap is perfect for dividing bulbs or for trading extras that you have leftover from shopping and planting this Spring! I already host a swap among my neighbours and they`d be thrilled to participate with other gardeners around Canada if there is interest on this forum.

Rules:

No Spring Blooming bulbs in this swap please!

Please NO common orange daylilies or ditch lilies.

NO common purple iris please.

Hardy and tender bulbs accepted.

Please only send bulbs that you would be happy to receive.

Dates:

Bulbs must be received by: May 15

Bulbs will be sent out no later than: May 20

Please remember that the box/bubble envelope you send your bulbs in is most likely the box you will be getting back, only filled with a variety of fun bulbs.

You need to include postage in the same amount as it costs you to send to me. No metered postage please (as it expires) - stamps or cash is acceptable.

Please remember to label your bulbs, with the name/cultivar if possible. If you dont know the name please give some info, like flower color, variegated leaves, zone, etc.

If I receive bulbs on this end that are dried out or moldy, I will not swap them but will send them back to you. Please send only bulbs that you would be happy to receive!

Please feel free to include a wishlist of some bulbs you would like to receive in return, and I will try my best to accommodate as many of your requests as possible. Please note that this depends almost entirely on the variety of bulbs sent in to the swap!

You may also include a small list of bulbs or colours you would NOT like to receive, if there are any! Again, I will try to accommodate your requests.

Please also include your GardenWeb name so I can keep everyone straight.

If you would like to participate in this swap, you can post on this thread and I will send you an email through your member page, OR you can email me personally through my GardenWeb member page, and I will give you my mailing address.

This could be a lot of fun if we have enough people interested!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions