Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostalover_2008

WANTED: hosta-secret swap

hostalover-2008
15 years ago

Happy Spring All-Well, it is FINALLY here-spring-yeah! Which means tulips and hyacinth and all the other spring flowers are starting to pop their sleepy heads up out of the ground. I haven't seen any of my hostas though I know very soon they will begin to sprout their heads up through the soil. So it's that time again-I've had a couple of people email me about whether or not I'll do another secret swap for hostas- so- if I get enough of a response I will,so please post on here if interested in participating this spring.

Happy gardening everyone,

Kim

Comments (31)

• growjo
    15 years ago

Count me in please!
    growjo

• gardenitis
    15 years ago

I'd love to participate!
    Michelle

• happyforever
    15 years ago

Yes, I'd love to do a swap for Hosta's. I don't have seeds, only have roots to swap.

• hostarhodo
    15 years ago

Definitely interested. Count me in,please.

Betty

• cziga
    15 years ago

I'm interested, but I have to see what comes up this Spring first to see what I have that is large enough. I guess that makes me a "maybe", but I'll be watching the thread with interest.

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    15 years ago

Hey Kim,

You know you can count me in!

Pieter

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. It's nice to see that some people want to participate again this year. So far I have:
    growjo
    gardenitis
    happyforever
    hostarhodo
    pieterje
    and cziga is a maybe
    I'll let this run for a few more weeks but in the meantime, please make sure that your trade list of haves and wants is available and up to date so that I can hook everyone up with something they'd really like to get.
    I will post the rules and such in a bit. Keep an eye out for that post.
    Kim

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BUMP

• imagooch zone 6b/7a Chatham ON
    15 years ago

count me in too
    Anne

• lovinlife
    15 years ago

I have never done a Hosta swap before. Sounds like fun. Count me in.

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, this is great, nice to see some new people joining in as well as some from last year-great to have you back Pieter and Anne :)
    So far we have:
    growjo
    gardenitis
    happyforever
    hostarhodo
    pieterje
    imagooch(gotta love that name!hehe)
    lovinlife
    and cziga is a maybe
    and me
    Everyone please email me when you get a moment with your names and addresses along with your webgarden name so that I have all your info(Pieter and Anne-sorry I don't have yours any longer)
    I will post the regulations seperate from this posting in about one week's time.
    Kim

• homemommy
    15 years ago

I am interested, but I only have un named varieties to swap. The one named Hosta I have is a new this year, and while I have enough to trade I worry it may have a virus being a bagged dutch root, so It needs to be quarantined for a few years... not the sort of thing that should be swapped!

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi homemommy and anyone else interested in this swap. To answer you question-yes any hostas being sent have to be named. I think it's great that you're taking the precautions with the one that you do know the name of. After that time period, then by all means join in.

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all-sorry I haven't posted the regulations yet-my computer is down-lost hard drive-anyways my youngest son has kindly allowed me a few minutes on his computer to check out what's been going on-seems like no rush as no one else has posted on this thread. My new computer should be here and hooked up this week sometime,as soon as it is I will get going on the regulations-as this takes some time. In the meantime, I will try to check in whenever I can. In the meantime-my emails are being redirected to my work (only I see it) as I still need a couple of you to email me your info.
    Kim

• puppymamma
    15 years ago

Hi fellow hosta lovers - I am in southern ontario and looking to do a large garden with just hostas. I left all of my beauties in my last home and I am looking to start fresh again. I have nothing to swap but I thought some of you might now where I could get some good deals on hostas??
    Thanks

• skraps
    15 years ago

Is it to late to jon this swap? If not I would love to take part

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Dianne(skraps).Sure you can join in still. Welcome aboard. I will contact you through email.

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    15 years ago

Not meaning to step on any toes here, BUT, I'm going to ask that all participants put their trade list in alphabetical order, please. Sorting through something that isn't is just too much to ask IMHO.

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all-I am back-sorry for the delay but now I'm back in action.
    So far I have:
    Gardenitis
    Lovinlife
    Pieterje
    Hostarhodo
    Skraps
    imagooch
    happyforever

I will be posting the regulations later today so please watch for. The hosta exchange will take place for June 1st. To have your hosta/s sent out by then and recived by-say the 5th of June. Please make sure wish lists - trade lists are to date and also in alphabetical order please as some find this easier. I will contact all involved by May 24th with your intended reciever. Cut off therefore for joining this swap will be May 22nd.

Kim

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BUMP

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, okay,last day to get in on the swap. I will get your secret receiver to you over the weekend, so that you'll have all week to send your packages out by Monday, June 1st. Please don't forget to email me with your tracking number and company so that I'll have the info on hand in case of problems.
    To date involved are:
    Gardenitis
    Lovinlife
    Pieterje
    Hostarhodo
    Imagooch
    Growjo
    Czinga
    Valleyrimgirl
    I will contact each of you by Sunday night.
    Cheers, Kim (hostalover)

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

To all involved: Imagooch,Cziga,Skraps,Valleyrimgirl, Pieterje, Gardenitis, Lovinlife, Growjo and Hostarhodo;
    I've sent you all emails with your secret receiver. If you did not get your email, please let me know.
    Thanks and hopefully everyone has fun.
    Kim (hostalover)

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

All packages should be well on there way or received by now-please inform me once you've received yours.
    Thanks, Kim

• skraps
    14 years ago

Thank you gardenitis(michelle) so much the HostaÂs they came this am ..I'm so excited name tags to I really appreciated your trade and the way you packaged them. A special thanks to hostalover for arranging this trade.. Love it

• hostarhodo
    14 years ago

Scraps thankyou for the 4 hosta. I am very glad to get Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Hydon Sunset. Please know that they arrived still very moist and doing well. Info for anyone wanting to trade, it takes approx 2 to 3 days by Xpress Post from Ontario- Nova Scotia-Ontario I get them to put Fragile stickers on the ones I send.

Time to plant some more. I could get hooked on this trading thing.

Betty

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    14 years ago

Received mine today, Cziga sent me a nice looking Earth Angel and a small Twist of Lime, both welcome additions. They're potted up and are in a shady spot getting acclimated, thanks Cathleen!

Pieter.

• valleyrimgirl
    14 years ago

Thanks Lovinlife, I got the hostas you sent. I love Stiletto's wavy edges and am looking forward to seeing Tiny Tears growing along a walkway somewhere. I also got a ventricosa seedling from you. Can you tell me more about this one?

Thanks,

Brenda

• gardenitis
    14 years ago

Thank you very much to Imagooch who sent me 3 fabulous hostas to add to my garden. I was so excited to find such large divisions waiting for me inside the package. They arrived safe and sound and in perfect shape. They are potted up and really looking great in their shady home. I have to say that these are the best plants I've ever received for a swap! Thanks very much for being so generous.

Also a big 'thank you' to Kim for arranging the swap. I can barely wait for the next one:>)

Michelle

• imagooch zone 6b/7a Chatham ON
    14 years ago

Thanks Bobbi-Jo so much for the nice little hostas in the mail. They are all planted and look happy and healthy. I was really wanting a praying hands, and had not put it on the list - so thanks Sorry to be so late in letting you know they arrived... life got busy
    Anne

• cziga
    14 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't post earlier but we were away for a long weekend. I was worried about the hostas arriving and sitting in a box over the weekend, but the plants that Valleyrimgirl sent me were wrapped up so well they came through with flying colours! Beautiful small divisions of 3 different hostas (Queen Josephine, Blue Mouse Ears and Spring Fling) all on my list as well as some lovely dwarf iris divisions to go along with them. Thank you so much for your generosity, the hostas look great and are already getting used to my garden!

And another thank you to Kim for organizing the swap. I think this is one of the best run ones on the forum . . . clear, easy and organized! Thank you :)

• hostalover-2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So that's a wrap-everyone involved have received their packages safe and sound. I am glad to hear that all were happy with their packages. Thank you cziga for your kind words and to the others for appreciating the organization of this type of event. Happy gardening. Kim