Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenitis

WANTED: Hostas, please!

gardenitis
15 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for named Hostas for my shade gardens. I have several other named varieties to trade as well as very large divisions of unnamed varieties. I also have clumps of daylilies, tiger lilies, bloody cranesbill, siberian iris, astilbe, sedum and many others I would love to divide and trade for more hostas.

Please contact me to set up a trade.

Thanks!

Comments (8)

• signet_gw(6b)
    15 years ago

Hi Gardenitis,

This is the only place I can contact you as you dont have your email setup . I would love to trade but would need to "discuss" it further with you . Please email me and we can go from there .

Thanks
    Signet

• growjo
    15 years ago

Hello Gardenitis,
    I am also interested in trading plants. If you send me an email we can exchange plant lists.
    Thanks,
    growjo

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Signet and Growjo,

I've set up my email and sent emails to you both. Can't wait to arrange some trades.

Thanks! Gardenitis

• crazy4hostas
    15 years ago

Hi there,
    I would be interested in a swap. I'm really new to this whole forum thing. I've been watching the Hosta forum, not alot of Canadians there! Has anyone tried Hosta Fever for Hostas? I was just at the site, lots of variety!I'm planning on placing an order for some of the harder to find Hostas. But swaping sound like it might be cheaper. I make a list, check it twice, then what ?

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Crazy4hostas,

Welcome! To arrange a trade, I find a great place to start is to list the hostas I have. That way other people can see what I have to offer in exchange for items I don't have. I've also posted a wish list, but there are MANY others I'd love that are not on there.

I'm definitely up for a trade - the way to make it super worthwhile is to swap as many plants as possible with one swapper otherwise postage can get costly.

I've never bought from Hosta Fever, but I have looked at their site. They do carry some nice hostas.
    I prefer to buy hostas closer to home.

I hope this helps. I look forward to talking again.

• amcorrigan
    15 years ago

I would be interested in swapping some hosta/daylily/etc. I live in North York. My page is woefully out of date but hopefully I will find a bit of time to get it updated.

Could we try a group swap?

AM

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    15 years ago

Hey gang,

Count me in too! I actively pursue Hosta trades. Out on the cold We(s)t Coast a goodly number of Hostas are breaking ground already and I'm getting ready to get my ducks in a row for this year's trades.

On my website I have this page where I outline what I'd like to see done when doing trades (take pictures of the proposed trades) and it will show you quite readily what I have.

If you are interested in doing some trading with me, please go to the webpage and send me an e-mail from there. I'm in the process of setting up a chart of who's interested in what and while it'll be a while before the actual shipping will happen, I like to get ready to see what I have to keep aside and what is coming to me....

BTW, Kim (hostalover) organized a Secret Trade last year and it sounds as if she's up for it again this year. Keep your eye peeled on this forum for updates. If you don't know what a Secret Trade is, it's basically a round-robin where names are drawn and you are supposed to send at least one Hosta to the person who's been drawn as you recipient. Most folks will send more then one though, typical will be 3-5 and I have been involved in one where I actually received EIGHT of them. Secret Trades are like Christmas in the summertime: a total surprise when you open the box!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pieter's trading guidelines

• hostarhodo
    15 years ago

A group swap/trade sounds good. Please count me in.

Gardenitis, I will do my trade list on here soon. Have a look and let me know.

Betty