Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Annual Springbank Swap! :-)

Posted by greylady-gardener 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 8:44

It seems a bit early, but in looking back at last year, this is about right, sooooo..........let's jump in!! :-)

If we decide on a date for the beginning of June, then that is only about seven weeks away which will give lots of time to get out in the garden to see what we have to swap.

Saturday worked out really nicely last year, so how is that for this year? June 1 or June 8 are two suggestions ONLY.
Please jump in with any other suggestions. We want this to work for as many as possible. :-)

I hope that everyone can make it and also try to bring a friend....the more the merrier!! gardeng8/Carol, I hope that you can make it and bring your friend Olivia again this year.

Well.....the ball is rolling....who's in???
:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Annual Springbank Swap! :-)

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 13:00

Hi Lois: I have been thinking of the swap again also and am glad to see your posting! I will jump in with you and say that the first Saturday in June would be fine with me but I am open to other dates as well. Talk with you soon. Ross.

o

Hi Ross, good to hear that you will be able to make it to the swap again this year.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone else, too.

o

Woohoo! I've been holding off posting, thinking it was too early! I'm game for either June 1st or June 8th.

After these rains new plants seem to be appearing by the hour!

I'm starting (fingers crossed) a lot of rarer things from seeds.

I sure hope people can bring friends, otherwise I fear everyone has traded for all my goodies already. (save a handful of purchases and trades from Bev last year, that still have yet to show whether they have prospered enough to divide).

How are your gardens doing? I have 9 types of bulbs flowering from snowdrops all the way through to daffodils in various microclimates, including 5 colours of miniature bulb iris, and 4 perennials in bloom - 3 kinds of lungwort and periwinckle!!

Happy gardening!
BlueIris3

o

Yay! Nice to see that you will be able to make it too, Heather!!
Sorry if I jumped in and stepped on toes. :-) I just couldn't help myself.....:-)

your irises are beautiful! they look very cheery.
I have had some snowdrops and crocus blooming....love those...they just pop up over night. Yesterday with the wonderful sun and warm temps, I looked around and saw some blooms on the Diana Clare lungwort (from you) and big buds on the cherry lungwort (from signet) and a few blooms on my NOID lungwort that I have had for a few years.

o

Hi Lois,
No worries, my toes are unscathed! I emailed everyone that I have email addresses for, so hopefully more folks will join in soon! I have planted six kinds of annual salvias, 2 colours of tithonia, and a bunch of rarer seeds so hopefully some of the older seeds will still germinate.

o

HI All. June 1 or 8 ,works for us.

Bill

o

Here I am! Lurking and drooling as usual. Can I come as a Food provider this year? A fence fell on my main garden area early winter, and it looks like much didn't survive the 'helpful' neighbours when they removed it. *cries*. Between that and having the two munchkins running around... I'm afraid I don't have much to swap.

I might have some insignificant things though. Unnamed roses that need to come out, some lavender, echinops ritro, perhaps a hosta or two. I'll tag Heather too... See if she wants to come. She's probably got lots to trade.

Those weekends sound great to me too... With our cold start to spring, perhaps the later one would be better?

MK

o

Hello everyone, June 1st sounds good to me. I will check with my friend Olivia to see if she is available again this year! I hope to poke around the garden this weekend to see what is available. Is anyone looking for anything in particular?

o

Bill1, didzgarden and gardeng8! so glad that you will be able to make it this year....and yes all are welcome even as 'food contributors'! :-)
didzgarden, it sounds like you have things to contribute anyway.
So who are we missing?

o

--I have some rooted cuttings of a bush (from a neighbour) that looks like it is covered in snowballs in about June (if I remember right)
She gave me some cutting last year and they have rooted nicely and are leafing out now. Each cutting is about 5 or six inches.
--I also have a pot of a tall mum that has small mahogany/brownish flowers.
--short mauve asters

o

Hey Greylady!
I'd love a cutting or two of the June snowball blooming bush! About how big does it get? I'll be posting my list so far in my next post. I'm having a sale this coming Saturday, but I always give first dibs to my GardenWeb friends since trades are the best! Homegrown plants survive my dry sandy garden where a lot of nursery stock doesn't. Let the fun begin in earnest!! (I'll also have a list of many kinds of rarer seedlings when they get a bit bigger/survive potting on - 6 kinds of hummingbird salvias, tithonias, salpiglossis...).
Cheers,
BlueIris3

o
BlueIris3’s 2013 Garden Web swap list:

BlueIris3’s 2013 Garden Web swap list:

Well Behaved Perennials:
aconitum Monkshood blue (forgot to mark bicolour plants, so it’s a lottery :-) (1) - Greylady
aconitum summer blooming blue monkshood (1)
aquilegia dark purple columbine, double white (1), pale pink (3)
Echinacea Double Decker (1) Greylady
geranium blue cranesbill geranium (2 kinds shallow and deep rooted)
heliopsis helianthoides false sunflower var. Lorraine Sunshine (self seeds)
hemerocallis 1fan each: Sweet Hot Chocolate (1), Anzac (1), Autumn Red (1 small), Little Grapette (1), UFO (1) noID spring yellow (2), no ID dwarf summer yellow , various noID's about to bloom
nepeta racemosa Walker’s Low blue catmint
Penstemon barbatus red 3’ hummingbirds love it - Greylady - all gone
Penstemon Dark Tower 2’ - Greylady, FlowerGirlOn
Penstemon Husker Red (white flowers) (1) FlowerGirlOn all gone
physostegia virginiana Royal purple obedient plant slow spreader (1) Greylady all gone
pulmonaria spotted‘Cherry Rose’, green pink flowered,
Pulmonaria dark green big leafed purple FlowerGirlOn
sedum tall var. yellow/green, var. white/green Frosty Morn, taller: blue green leaves 28”
sedum groundcover several noID well behaved, Bronze Carpet, Angelina, bluey-green round leaves (1)
stachys byzantina lamb's ears Helen Von Stein no flowers, so leaves stay great looking all summer
tradescantia spiderwort Navajo Princess - white with pale purple center
veronica gentianoides 1 owed to Nyssaman
veronica spicata blue spikes

Grasses:
Carex the beatles 4”
Variegated mostly white neighbours call it "Ghost” 9” (slower in shade but aggressive runners)
black flowered sedge 5”
4’ feathery clumper

Natives:
Agastache anise hyssop dark blue (self seeds)
aster Pale blue 3’ smooth native asters
aster 5’ royal purple
Coreopsis lanceolata yellow - Rosco
Eupatorium Joe Pye weed ‘Gateway’ 5’
Native geranium palest blue 24-30” flowers really high above big leaves
helianthus salicifolius Willow leaf sunflower 8’-10’ may need staking (1) everyone asks me what this is!
yellow flowered edible prickly pear native cactus (1)
penstemon digitalis Foxglove beardtongue
phlox divaritica Wild blue woodland phlox - Greylady
polygonatum commutatum Solomon's Seal (slower in shade, clumper)
rudbeckia nitida 7’ black eyed Susan (1) blooms for a long time in fall
Siberian Iris Snow Queen - FlowerGirlOn, Gardeng8, all gone
Sylphium cup plant 8’ yellow
Trout lily - spring ephemeral (1) - Rosco

Bulbs:
Bronze leaf canna plain red
Green leaf canna plain red
Dahlia double red - FlowerGirlOn, all gone
Dahlia double burgundy - FlowerGirlOn

Shrubs:
Burning bush seedlings
Kerria, yellow spring pompoms
Prostrate conifer (1)
Hydrangea - 1 Endless Summer blue, 1 Tellers Blue mop top - both die to the ground and have never flowered for me...

Perennial - fast spreaders
centaurea dealbata Persian Cornflower hot pink per. bachelor’s buttons
Coreopsis ?? 6’ yellow daisies in summer (runner roots)
hedera helix var. white/green small leafed ivy, plain green, large blackish green

Hope you find something to like!
Cheers,
BlueIris3

P.S. I also love this new edit feature! to add to my list:
1 amsonia - Gardeng8
hot pink tulips - FlowerGirlON

This post was edited by blueiris3 on Sun, May 26, 13 at 21:56

o

Hi Blueiris3
I am not sure of the exact height at maturity, but I think that the shrub can get about 5-6 feet tall. I saw them last summer from a distance (while driving) and was really admiring them and wondering what they were. When I was talking to my neighbour, I looked and saw two of them in her yard! They were only about 2.5-3 feet tall as she had only had them about a year. She had bought them in 2011. I asked if she would consider giving me a cutting whenever she was trimming them and she immediately cut several branches and gave them to me. They only took a couple of weeks to root in my rooting bucket and I potted them up right away. They sat out all winter and made it through just fine.
If you only want one, then I would love to have the "Penstemon barbatus red 3’ hummingbirds love it" and if you want two, then I would love to have the "aconitum Monkshood blue (forgot to mark bicolour plants, so it’s a lottery :-)"

Let me know and I will put your name on them.

o
Blueiris3

forgot to say....impressive list as always! :-)

o
Greylady

Hi! Is it like bridal wreath spirea (which I have) or a viburnum?

o

Hi Blueiris3, it is not like bridal wreath spirea (I have it also), but I am not sure if it is a viburnum as I looked it up (viburnum) and the leaves don't look similar although the 'snowball' flowers look the same, The flowers are clusters just like a snowball and about that size. They are not big like hydrangea.

The leaves are still small, but I can take a picture if you like and send it to you.

o

Hi All! Glad to see that some are getting out into the gardens and posting trade lists. I have been doing a little work and a lot of wandering around and have come to the conclusion that I prefer the wandering. Have we decided on the actual date as of yet? From what I have noticed...the first Saturday in June appears to be the popular one and suits me great but as I see the trading is off to a start maybe we should have another go at the best date???

I think I will begin my offering list anyway:

Red Aster (seedlings)
Yellow HollyHock

Tomato Black Krim
Petunia (trailing) white/purple veined
Lilac light purple (divisions)
Purple Hyacinth Bean (1 or 2 left)

Oregano (division)
Dahlia wine red pom pom style
Variegated Vinca
Japanese Kerria
Ostrich Fern
Bears Breeches
Aconitum Blue Monks Hood

Onethera (evening Primrose)

Bleeding Heart (white) seedlings
Hosta (mid size, mounding, plain green ribbed leaves )

and a couple of house plant offerings:
Ledbourdii (silver squill)
Anthurium red (baby offshoot)..........

Hellebore(seedlings) 2 to a pot.
Solanum Ovigerum (Easter Egg plant) presently only seedlings

Agapanthus (blue) division (spoken for)

Variegated Solomons seal
OxHeart Tomato don't know the name of this one but it has been the best tomato that I have ever grown both for taste and bounty of harvest. .,......and hopefully more to come. Thanks. Ross.

ADDITIONS:

Feverfew
Sweet Basil
Heavenly Blue Morning Glory
Mountain Bluet

This post was edited by rosco_p on Sat, May 25, 13 at 13:34

o
Greylady & Rosco

Hi Greylady - I'd love to trade the two cuttings for a P. Barbatus, and a mystery monkshood!

Hello Rosco - Do I have anything you would like for the wine red pompom dahlia, agapanthus, and a couple sweet william seedlings?

Hope everyone else chimes in soon!
My vote is for June 1st.
Cheers, BlueIris3

o

Blueiris3: Hi Heather, nice to hear from you again......yes we can work out a trade for those items. If you are OK with it, I would be interested in a Coreopsis Lanceolata and a Trout Lilly. Let me know. Thanks. Ross.

o
Blueiris3

Hi Blueiris3, I will put your name on them and thank you very much for the " P. Barbatus, and a mystery monkshood."

o
Rosco

Hi Ross, The trout lily and coreopsis are set aside for you, I still owe you one more for the sweet william seedlings though. Thanks, BlueIris3

o

Hello everyone,
"Annual Springbank Swap" - is that Springbank Park in London Ontario? Sure hope so.

I would stand a chance of actually making it there, at least to meet some GW gardeners. Might have some heritage tomato or bean seeds, wait for next year to trade plants.

o

LoboGothic, yes it is in London and you are very welcome to come. It is a nice day of plant talk, new plants and food. If you don't have any plants to swap, then come for the food and garden talk.
As the gardens are waking up, you just might be surprised at what you find that needs 'thinning out' or just isn't doing well in your garden so it is time to 'let it go', so you might find something to bring along (not that it is 'mandatory')

o

Thank you, greylady-gardener. At what time do you meet and where in Springbank Park?

It's not that I lack things to trade, it's the lack of time to put the items together. We'll see what develops, hope to make your acquaintance June 1st.

o

I have a bit of a list put together for now so will post it and see if there is more in the days to come.

--tall mums-small mahogany/brownish flowers--gardeng8
--tiny tears hosta
--short mauve asters
--anemone-white with a pale pink blush in the fall--rosco
--herb Robert
--peony--baby rhizome with two stems approx. 3-4" tall(came up when I was pulling the dead stems from last year) --flowergirl
--prairie traveller's joy clematis--needs a LOT of room--very vigorous--roots wherever it touches.
--corydalis lutea
--evergreen volunteers--possibly a juniper type--grow fast(approx. a foot tall right now) X2
--rooted rose cuttings--I can't remember which is which but there are cuttings of a shrub rose called 'bonica' and of a NOID red rose that is possibly a climber and blooms once a year--blueiris3 -GONE
--tatarian maple tree--WS in 2010 and been in pot ever since.(approx. 18" tall)
--tomato --thin skinned heirloom cherry

--WS seedlings
--scarlet gilia--several seedlings per trade--gardeng8 blueiris3
--amaranth 'pygmy torch'--approx. 4 seedlings in pot--rosco
--geum 'cooky' --rosco GONE
--oriental poppy 'royal wedding' (few separated seedlings in pot) X3 pots--gardeng8, flowergirl
--hardy hibiscus from seeds labelled as 'white dinnerplate' (one seedling per pot)--X2 pots--blueiris3, flowergirl

ADDITIONS:-will update here as I find things:
--rooted piece of plectranthus 'mona lavender'--flowergirl GONE
--comfrey
--white scabiosa --rosco GONE
--grape vine approx. 16-18 inches tall and fairly bushy--not mine but my sister needs it gone as patio renovations are pending. Bought last year --they think it was labelled "Niagara green grape"
--heuchera 'Hercules'--very small piece --flowergirl GONE
--astrantia 'ruby wedding--small (WS a couple or so years ago and has sulked ever since--time to find a new home that it likes. :-) --gardeng8
--sedum 'Vera Jamieson'--pinched it today to make it bushy and potted up the cuttings--two to a pot--ross, blueiris3 GONE
--dwarf yellow calendula seedlings
--German catchfly -flowering right now-X1 gardeng8
--impatients balfourii volunteers
--Russian sage volunteers approx. 5-6 inches tall-X2

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Wed, May 29, 13 at 16:35

o
LoboGothic

The swap is held just inside the Commissioners road entrance. Turn left as you enter the park and we are just a little way down the road. You can't miss us. :-) We have lots of plants all over the grass.

Maybe someone else can explain it better.

We start at 11 a.m.
Hope to see you there!

I guess there are two entrances off

The commissioners entrance is the one that is across from North St.

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Wed, May 8, 13 at 18:00

o
Greylady

Hi Lois,

Scarlet Gilia please & thank you!! I ran out of seeds, and just love this plant. Any chance that you could prick out and re-pot a handful from the hunk-of-seedlings so they get stronger by the time of the swap? Yes, I am being rather demanding... feel free to say no, I know we're all crazy busy this time of year.
I have one of the yellow throated white violets set aside for you, I think it was last year that I promised one, and then they stopped blooming before I potted them up. Hope you can find some more stuff on my list for the gilia!
Hoping for rain, BlueIris3

o

Hi Blueiris3! we must have been posting (well me editing) at the same time.

I will try and separate some seedlings for you, no problem.
Would I be able to trade for Penstemon Dark Tower?

It wasn't me that didn't get the violets. I have the ones I got from you last year, planted out under my dwarf lilac. They aren't flowering, but they are growing. :-)

Yay for the editing feature! :-)
we have had a nice light rain for about an hour....glad it has been gentle as I planted some very tiny WS seedlings this afternoon.

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Wed, May 8, 13 at 18:40

o
rosco

I am interested in your ostrich fern and the oxheart tomato. Always looking for a good tomato!

Do I have anything that is of interest to you?

o
Greylady

Hi Greylady,
A Penstemon Dark Tower to be set aside in the morning for some Scarlet Gilia seedlings.

I sure hope more people chime in soon!

Cheers,
Heather

o

Hi Greylady: I will set aside an Ostrich Fern and Oxheart style Tomato for you. I hope you will like the tomato as much as we have enjoyed it. If available still I would like to try your Geum "Cooky" and your White Anemone. Thanks. Ross.

o
rosco

Thank you Ross. I will put your name on the geum and anemone, and will look forward to the oxheart tomato and the ostrich fern.

o
Greylady

Hi again!
I'd love one of the hardy hibiscus from seeds labelled as 'white dinnerplate' seedlings, one of my red ones germinated (out of 12 seeds, admittedly old seeds) so I have my fingers crossed! What strikes your fancy for that?
Where is everybody?? Signet mentioned that she wasn't going to come this year.
Hugs,
BlueIris3

o
Blueiris3

Hi Heather,
I will put your name on the white hardy hibiscus seedling. I would like to have the phlox divaritica Wild blue woodland phlox if still available.

I WS the white hibiscus and also a red one. The container of white ones fell and the soil was all dumped in the (2L) bottle not long after I put it outside in January. I figured that it was not going to work but left it there. I had four or five sprouts! I was very surprised. The container of red seeds has yielded two sprouts! You never know! :-)

where is merja, Barb? who else...(can't think at the minute) :-)

o

Hello everyone, Just wondered if the date has been confirmed. Unfortunately, I don't think my friend will be able to attend this year. I'm in Toronto for the weekend, but hope to start a list of offerings late Sunday when I get back. Just off the top of my head though, I have started:
LIST:
-two cuttings from a 'limelight' hydrangea(fingers crossed),
-two volunteers of a burgundy barberry (tiny), Flowergirl
-korean lilac (12-18 "), Blue Iris
- lilacs (white & dark purple-) - drk purp-Blue Iris
-baptisia(1) -Rosco
-honeysuckle
-'fooled me' dwarf iris -GreyLady
-'raspberry acres'-med iris-Rosco , Blue Iris
-'rare edition' med iris (1) Grey Lady Gardener
-'city lights' tall iris (1)
-veronicastrum (white)
-veronica-'hocus pocus' -Blue Iris , Grey Lady Gardener
-penstemen-'prairie twilight' Grey Lady
-'splish splash' hardy geranium (2)
-'obsidian' heuchera
-'hair' allium
-'blue azure' allium -Blue Iris
-blue flax - Grey Lady
-carex 'ice dance?'
Daylily:- 'very berry ice' 1 fan -flowergirl
-'august flame' (1) -flowergirl
Looking forward to seeing everyone again...

This post was edited by gardeng8 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:15

o
Gardeng8 & Greylady

Hi Gardeng8,
I'd love a dark purple lilac if you can find something in my list!
Looking forward to seeing everyone too!

Hi Greylady, I've set aside the woodland phlox for you!

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 11:23

Seems unusually quiet here ! Where are some of the regulars who we haven't yet heard from as Signet, Jeff ,Merja ,Emily, Barb, Kate, Daldak, Bill others ????Anybody HOME????
Please respond as we are lonely and our gardens are looking for new plants!

o

Hi everyone,

I'll be coming this year again. I'm hoping lots of new gardeners will join us this year because all regulars must have most of my plants by now. And I never end up starting new plants from seeds even it is my intention every year. :( Anyway we'll see how this goes.

My list:

Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue'
Grape hyacinth
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
Tiger lily babies
Digitalis lutea
Geranium, dark/hot pink
Aconitum, purple
Helleborus Purple Lady-series (1)
Hosta 'Paul's Glory'
Hosta 'Twist of Lime'
NoID hostas, all different sizes
Blue Spiderwort
Dwarf aster 'Wood's Pink'
Caryopteris 'Golden Bluebeard', 1 yr. seedling (1)
Heliopsis helianthoides 'Loraine Sunshine' (1)
Lamb's Ears
Tall phlox, hot pink (purplish)
Bleeding Heart, pink (big plants available)
Bleeding Heart, white (1 big plant)
Centaurea dealbata
Centaurea montana, perennial Bachelor's Button
Poet's narcissus
Siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
Siberian iris 'Butter and Sugar'
Siberian iris 'White Swirl'
Peony, 3 different pink ones (bright pink, two-toned pink and magenta that fades lighter when matures)
Red monarda, Beebalm
Pink scabiosa
Wood poppy
Rudbeckia, Gloriosa Daisy (big-flowered one)
Common rudbeckia
Echinacea
Clematis 'Sweet Autumn' (1)
Campanula persicifolia, white
Campanula persicifolia, blue

Lupine seedlings, most likely two-toned pink
Canadian columbine, seedlings

Daylilies:
Mauna Loa
Purple Waters
Children's Festival
South Seas
Cherry Eyed Pumpkin
Autumn Red
Prairie Blue Eyes
Ice Cap

Other stuff:
Red currants
Walking onions
Catnip
Lemon balm
Chives (1)
Chervil

Looking forward to seeing you all and hopefully lots of new people will come too. Everyone is welcome! If these prearranged trades seem overwhelming, you can bring plants with you for the Gambler's Circle for swapping there.

New additions:

Caryopteris 'Golden Bluebeard' (2 more) 1 yr. seedlings
Sedum kamtschaticum, looks like 'Golden Carpet'
Hosta 'Golden Tiara'
Dianthus, Pinks, 1 yr. seedlings (1)
Peony root with 3 short stems, 10 - 15 cm tall, dark red
Dianthus deltoides, cerise colour
Morning Glory seedlings, mixed colours

Merja

This post was edited by flowergirl_on on Tue, May 28, 13 at 14:07

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 13:07

Merja: Good to hear from you and so glad that you will be attending the swap again this year. I am interested in several of your offerings including:
Siberian Iris, Butter and Sugar
Poets Narcissus
Gloriosa Daisy

Please check out my list and see if anything is of interest to you.

o
merja

Hi Merja, so glad you will be with us again.

I am interested in your sib. iris 'silver edge' and the red beebalm.
Please let me know if there is something on my list that you would take in trade.

my list is at the top of the post and as I find things to add to it, I just use the editing feature rather than reposting the whole list.

o

Thanks guys! It's always nice to come and meet you all and get some new plants. Come on, Signet, you will make it too, won't you? :)

Ross, I'd like your dahlia wine red pom pom, OxHeart Tomato and tomato Black Krim for sib. iris 'Butter and Sugar', Poet's narcissus and Gloriosa Daisy, if ok.

Lois, I would like a pot of oriental poppy 'Royal Wedding' seedlings and hardy hibiscus white dinnerplate seedling for sib. iris 'Silver Edge' and red beebalm, if ok.

o

Lois, I forgot to add above...did you want to do the trade we talked about last year: your plectranthus 'mona lavender' for my LA Hybrid lily 'Suncrest'?

Merja

o
merja

Thanks so much for the trade. I will set aside the royal wedding poppy seedlings and the white hardy hibiscus seedling for you and look forward to the red beebalm and the Siberian iris 'silver edge'.

Thanks also for the suncrest lily and I will bring you the plectranthus 'mona lavender'

o

Sat, May 11, 13 at 21:12

Merja: I will set aside a Wine Red Dahlia, Oxheart Tomato and Black Krim Tomato, for Sib Iris Butter and Sugar, Poets Narcissus,and Gloriosa Daisy. Thank you for those great trades. Ross.

o
FlowerGirlOn

Hi Merja!

So glad you can make it! I have a long list of wishful things from your list - I'll be posting a list of rarer annuals, mostly non edible hummingbird sages, nicotiana (hopefully mutabilis - but the bees may have crossed it with a different variety at Bev's big garden) balsam, statice, castor beans and tithonias once they get a bit bigger.
So here it is: Siberian irises: Butter & Sugar & White Swirl, Lupine seedlings, Wood poppy, Canadian Columbine, Catnip, Pink Scabiosa and Daylilies: Purple Waters, Childrens Festival, Prairie Blue Eyes. No worries if there isn't that much that you want from my list. (The ones I want the most are the Daylilies and the Lupines) Thanks for looking at my list! I'll keep editing it up above to avoid reposting and confusion. Cheers, Heather

P.S. Ross - Signet was very definite that she wasn't coming back, she has run out of energy for new beds. Silly lady, I gave her several dozen plants left over from last year's sale thinking she'd try to sell them from her driveway, but no she planted all of them!! She can't bear to throw a plant on the compost...

o

Hi Heather,

Great, I'll bring all those for you. So far I would like from your list all these: Penstemon 'Dark Tower', penstemon 'Husker Red', siberian iris 'Snow Queen', Dahlia double red, dahlia double burgundy, pulmonaria dark green big leafed purple if they are still available. I have a question about a hydrangea: did the Endless Summer kind ever bloom for you or is that note only about the mop top kind? I'll keep an eye out for new additions to complete the list. Thank you.

o

Blue Iris: I have set aside a dark purple lilac for you. Do you still have a dark tower penstemen or 'cool it' daylily?

Greylady:. Is there anything on my list that you would consider trading for your tall mahogany mums, scarlet gilia, and 'royal wedding' o. Poppy?

Rosco: Is there anything on my list to trade for your white bleeding heart and red lupin seedling?

Flowergirl:. Is there anything you would like from my list for your poet's narcissus and caryopteris 'golden bluebird'?

Please note that I have added to my list and will continue to do so when *spring* arrives again!!!!

o
FlowerGirlOn

Hi Merja,

Thank you! P. Husker red, the dark green purple lungwort, and Siberian Iris 'Snow Queen' are potted up already, P. Dark Tower looks like it should give a few divisions, once it warms up outside. I'll pot up both the dahlias tomorrow, their shoots are growing already. None of the three blue hydrangeas has ever bloomed for me in my local sandy soil. They didn't get watered often enough. On the flip side my white Anabelle hydrangea from a GardenWeb swap never stops blooming but it's in amended clay (the city called it topsoil, but you could make bricks out of it!).

o

Sun, May 12, 13 at 21:15

Carol (gardeng8); Hi Carol and welcome back to the Spring Trading. I would love to be able to trade you for your Baptisia. If you would accept the Lupin seedlings and the White Bleeding Heart seedlings that would be great. Please let me know. Thanks. Ross.

P.S. Would there be anything else on my list that you would be interested in for a corm of your Raspberry Iris. Thanks.

This post was edited by rosco_p on Sun, May 12, 13 at 21:43

o
gardeng8

Hi Carol, I will set aside the scarlet gilia and oriental poppy 'royal wedding' seedlings, and the pot of tall mahogany mums.
I would love to have the penstemon 'prairie twilight' if that is okay.
thanks! :-)

o

Hi Carol,

I would like to have your daylilies 'Very Berry Ice' and 'August Flame' for Poet's Narcissus and Caryopteris 'Golden Bluebeard' if that works for you. Thank you.

o
rosco,greylady,flowergirl

Rosco: thank you for the white bleeding heart and red lupin seedling. I am putting aside the baptisia and the raspberry acres iris. (please note that the baptisia is small)

GREYLADY: I am setting aside the penstemon 'prairie twilight. I still owe you two more trades. Thank you for the mums, scarlet gilia, + RW oriental poppy

FLOWERGIRL: I am setting aside the daylily 'vb ice + august flame. Thank you for the poet's narcissus + caryopteris.

Thank you everyone for the trades!

This post was edited by gardeng8 on Mon, May 13, 13 at 20:40

o

Mon, May 13, 13 at 21:44

Gardeng8: Thank you for those trades. I will be looking forward to those additions to my garden bed. The small Baptisia will be great as I have tried seeds a couple of times on my own and have had no success, so a Baptisia of any size is welcome. I have put aside your White Bleeding Heart and Red Lupin seedlings. Ross.

o
gardeng8

Hi Carol, thanks the penstemon 'prairie twilight. If still available, then I would also like the blue flax.

o
rosco

Hi Ross are your red asters tall or short? If they are shorter, about 12-15 inches, then I would be interested. :-)
I would also be interested in your 'Solanum Ovigerum (Easter Egg plant) presently only seedlings' if there is anything that you can find on my list.

I have been staying out of the garden for a few days as it is just too cold and the wind is too strong at times. Not sure what might still show up that will make it onto my list.

o

Hi Lois: Re; The Red Asters. This was seed i received in an exchange but the package said Red Ribbon Asters, which according to a web search are small 6" to 12" size. That is all I am able to tell you about them. If you would like I will set some aside for you. Do you happen to have any Scarlet Gillia seedlings remaining in exchange? I will also put aside an Easter Egg plant for you. Do you have a Pygmy Torch Amaranth left. Thanks. Ross.

o
Gardeng8

Hi Carol,

Sorry, the daylily 'Cool It' broke when I tried to split it, but I'm pretty sure I can split a 3rd piece off of P. Dark Tower tomorrow when it's a bit warmer. Is there anything else on my list that interests you for a piece of Raspberry Acres medium iris, and Blue Azure allium?

Thanks,
BlueIris3

o
ross

Hi Ross, I will set aside some scarlet gilia seedlings and pygmy torch amaranth seedlings for you in exchange for the easter egg plant seedlings and red aster seedlings.
thanks so much. :-)

o
Grey Lady, Blue Iris

Grey Lady: Setting aside a blue flax for you. Still owe you one trade!

Blue Iris:. Thank you for the DT penstemon. I will set aside a RA med Iris & blue azure allium. Do you still have a foxglove & siberian iris 'Snow Queen'? If so, that would be most welcome here!

o
Gardeng8

Carol: where you looking for the Penstemon digitalis also known as (white) foxglove beardtongue, or an actual foxglove? I have both available to trade but can't vouch for the colour of the foxglove :-) 'Snow Queen is set aside for you! I love alliums and iris!!

o
gardeng8

Hi Carol, if the -'fooled me' dwarf iris is still available then I would like it also, please. :-)
the weather is warming up again and it isn't pouring! Probably lots more popping up in the garden. Hope to have time to do that this weekend.

o
Nyssaman is coming but not trading

Hi all,

Got an email from Nyssaman / Jeff that he will be attending the swap, but only bringing a few things for the gambler's circle, not trading ahead of time. "I have some extra blackberry bushes and a few raspberry bushes for the circle and I may have a few more things."

I'm potting up my seedlings, so early next week I'll know who has survived and can then post what I've got. The green (2) and burgundy (many) castor beans got a bit leggy, we'll see how they take to being planted deep in the hopes of growing more roots. Tomorrow it's on to the Nicotiana hopefully mutabilis from Bev. Mutabilis goes through several shades per flower from pink to white, but the plant may have been too close to another nicotiana, so it's a gamble as to what we get! Hopefully the Malva Bibor Falls perks up, it too is a bit leggy. Cheers, Heather

o

Glad that Jeff will be joining us, too. We seem to be having a rough year as far as our regulars go. If they don't jump in soon, they will be very missed!

Blueiris3, if your nicotiana makes it, then I would love to try it if there is something that you can find on my list.

If we are all in agreement that JUNE 1 is convenient for all of us then let's fix that as the definite date. Good job that the weather is warming up and drying up again as that is only two weeks from this Saturday! :-)
Next to think about is the food. If we are going truly "pot luck" then we don't need to post what we are bringing, but we can also do as other years and let everyone know what we are bringing. What does everyone want to do about that? :-)

Blueiris3, do you have the signs?
Is there anything else that we need to think about that I am forgetting? Oh...don't forget your chairs, drinks, utensils, etc.

I am hoping to be so organized this year that I have everything ready and potted up this weekend so they can all be settling in before the swap........of course I tell myself that every year! :-) (never happens!)

o
Signs etc.

Hi Greylady,

Thanks for taking the lead this year, I can stake out our spot and set up the signs on June 1st. So far I see Bill1, Didzgarden, FlowerGirlOn, Gardeng8, Greylady, Nyssaman (for some trades I owe him from last year), Rosco_P, and myself. Am I missing anyone? Any friends coming who need a separate sign?
I'll bring bread, cheese and hummus for the potluck.
It sure is a slow year, normally by now I'd be over 50 trades, hopefully my seedling list gets lots of interest next week!
cheers,
BlueIris3

o
WANTED: Annual Springbank Swap! :-)

Blueiris3, hopefully 'LoboGothic' will be able to make it, and maybe some of us will have some friends be able to make it at the last minute

Haven't decided on what to bring for the pot luck yet. I will think about it while out in the garden this weekend.

o

Sat, May 18, 13 at 17:06

Blueiris3/greylady: As far as food for the potluck goes would it be alright if I brought something like Tostitos and Salsa? I need something that travels well. if you have any other suggestions...just let me know. thanks. Ross.

o
ross

Hi Ross, tostitos and salsa sounds like a good idea and they will travel fine. :-)

o
Blue Iris, GreyLady

Thanks Blue Iris for the trades! I would love any colour foxglove if possible.

Thanks GreyLady for tthe trades! I will set aside a 'Fooled Me' dwarf iris for you.

I will bring a lemon poppyseed loaf and fresh fruit platter.

o
Annual Springbank Swap! :-)

sigh.......can you believe it? Any other year we would be on our third or fourth page by now......sure is quiet around here..........

o

Hi everyone, I just wanted to explain that I work Saturdays now and can't come to Saturday swaps. Last year I showed up at Springbank Park on the Sunday! It was sad. Also, I just recently realized that I hadn't updated my Gardenweb email information, so if anyone has been trying to contact me without success, that's why.. I've updated the contact info now so we should be good.
Anyhow, hope everyone has a good time this year and brings home lots of interesting plants!

o
Seedlings so far:

Hello all,

Here is my list of seedlings as promised. Maybe this will heat up the trades a bit! Ross - I still owe you two and Merja I owe you many!!

3 agastache cana (purple)
3 balsam (probably red)
1 green castor bean plants
4 burgundy castor beans
3 dahlia Bishop's Children surprise colour from seed 4-5" stocky now
5 Malva probably Bibor Felho purple
6 Nicotiana possibly Mutabilis (in pots with about 10 per - still tiny)
2 Tithonia yellow Aztec Sun Mexican sunflower (about 3'x3' late season flowers)
2 Tithonia Orange Goldfinger Mexican sunflower (about 3'x3' late season flowers)
3 Salvia Coccinea Texas Red
10 Salvia c. Snow Nymph
10 Salvia c. Coral Nymph
2 S. splendens Yvonne's salvia
3 Statice QIS White
3 Statice QIS Lavender

possibly if they perk up 6 Salpiglossis Kew Blue

Exotic Vegetable:
1 Winged Asparagus Pea

Anyone want a cup plant? they looked really sad for my sale but have put up new leaves and look great now...

o
Gardeng8

Hi Carol,

I'm sorry, there just isn't enough of Penstemon Dark Tower for a third division, is there something else on my list that you would like? if not I'll pass on the alliums.
I'll pot up the mystery coloured foxglove directly. We just got 2.5 mm of rain, welcome, but not nearly enough. 11 days and counting since we got 6mm, 22 days since we got just over 10mm, must be the driest May on record. Everything is blooming all at once, causing no end of allergies, and very strange juxtapositions, black tulips with orange annual poppies... Hope you are getting more rain where you are.

P.S. I've updated my main list above with all my outgoing trades so far, and added an amsonia/blue star plant, it's just not showy enough for me - pale blue flowers right now and goes chartreuse in the fall.

o
Greylady

I hear you, I used to check my email every half hour for fear of missing out on a treasure, but without Signet trading a hundred plus plants, and with the new edit feature, things really aren't the same...

o
blueiris3 and rosco and an addition

Hi Heather, Just a quick look at your list again and wonder if there is anything on my list you would trade for an ech.-double-decker and Nicotiana possibly Mutabilis.

Hi Ross, Do I have anything that you would trade for a hyacinth bean or two? I had five seeds and planted them after soaking them and nothing has come up.......I did find a couple on top of the soil and looking kind of rotted. :-( I wanted them climbing the trellis at the corner of my sunroom.

I have added a nice healthy grape vine to my list.

o
Gardeng8 & Greylady

Hi again Carol: do any of my seedlings interest you for your veronica-'hocus pocus' ?

Lois: I'd gladly trade two rooted rose cuttings for E. double decker and a pot of mystery~mutabilis nicotiana! Maybe I'll get lucky and get one of bonica and one of a red climber :-)

Yeay! more trades!
H.

o

Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:32

Blueiris: You mentioned that you owed me a trade? If you have one of the white Salvia Snow Nymph that will be great. Thanks. Ross

Greylady: I will set aside a couple of Purple Hyacinth bean plants for you. White Scabiosa in trade if available would be great. Thanks. Ross.

o

Hi BLUEIRIS,

I would like: agastache cana (purple), dahlia Bishop's Children, Salvia Coccinea Texas Red and Salvia c. Coral Nymph if ok.

Hi BARB, sorry to hear that you can't make it. Maybe next year we have to think about having it on Sunday again for a change...but a little later because Ross has other plans on Sunday mornings if I remember correctly. Or maybe a long weekend Monday...would be a little early for some seedlings maybe but less people might have work and other stuff going on...unless you are a camper. Just thoughts. :)

o
Rosco

Hi Ross,

I think I owe you two trades:
one snow nymph salvia for the sweet william,
and another for the red lupine...
would you like a second snow nymph salvia? or something else?

Thanks, BlueIris3

o
Blueiris3 and rosco

Thanks, Heather! Looking forward to the ech. double-decker and the nicotiana. I will put your name on the rose cuttings.

Thank you Ross for the hyacinth beans. I will set the white scabiosa aside for you.....what else would you like?

o

Wed, May 22, 13 at 20:57

Heather: You mentioned a trade for a Red Lupine above?? Are you referring to the Red Dahlia? as I don't have you down for a red Lupine although I could have missed something? (please see note to Carol below)

Carol: Now I am also going to have to disappoint you in that I have only 1 Red Lupine seedling left from a dozen and it is not looking good. So Carol if you read this please see if there is anything else on my list that would be of interest to you for the Raspberry Iris and if not then we will have to forfeit that trade for the time being. If this trade ends up going forward and the Red Lupine does survive, I will bring it along also but at this point it is hanging on for dear life and its fingernails are turning blue. Sorry. Ross.

I have added a couple of items to my list today including Heavenly Blue Morning Glory, Sweet Basil and Feverfew

o

I added a few things on my list.

LOIS: I was wondering what kind of peony it is that you have available? Colour...?

o
Merja

Hi Merja, the peony is a small root and is a shell/medium pink, if I remember right.
Like I said, the small tuber came up when I was trying to break off the dead stalks. :-) I potted it up and it is growing quite nicely.

o

Fri, May 24, 13 at 20:56

Merja: I was somewhat interested in a Caryopteris seedling if still available? Please check out my list for anything that may be of interest to you including a couple of recent additions: Feverfew Sweet Basil and Heavenly Blue Morning Glory.Thanks. Ross.

o

Ross: I would like to get sweet basil for caryopteris, please and thank you.

o

Hi folks. A short note to say we will not be able to attend this years swap. Sorry & we will miss the group.

Bill

o

MERJA: I will set aside some Sweet Basil for you. Thanks for the Caryopteris trade. Ross.

o

Sorry you won't be at the swap Bill1..............Maybe next time!! :-)

o
Blue Iris, Rosco

Blue Iris:. Setting aside a veronica 'hocus pocus'. No worries re: DT penstemon. Perhaps a couple of Texas Red salvia if still available in exchange?

Rosco:. No worries re: red lupin seedling. Tis the life of a gardener! Perhaps we could trade for a HB morning glory instead?

o

gardeng8, do you have any veronica-'hocus pocus' left?

flowergirl, is your Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue' still available?

blueiris3, is your physostegia virginiana Royal purple obedient still available?

rosco, do you have the Hellebore(seedlings) available?

If anything is available, please let me know if I have anything that is a fair trade.

I have made a couple of additions to my list. :-)

o

Hi Lois,
I would be interested in your heuchera 'Hercules' if ok for a Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue', let me know, please. Thank you.

o
merja

I will set the heuchera 'Hercules' aside for the agastache 'Honey Bee blue'

o

Sat, May 25, 13 at 19:01

Gardeng8: I will set aside a couple of Heavenly blue Morning Glories for you. Thanks. Ross. (so far they are doing good!!)

Greylady: If you have a Vera Jameson sedum cutting in exchange for the Hellebore Seedlings...that would be great. thanks. Ross.

o
ross

I will set aside Vera Jamieson for you in ex for the hellebore
(I know they root very well and fairly quickly so I hope they are well on their way by next Saturday.)

o
Gardeng8 & Greylady

Hi Gardeng8 - a pair of red Texas salvia coccinea are set aside for you. Is there anything in my list that would interest you for the Korean lilac? I think I got one from you last year & would love another - it's gorgeous!

Hi Greylady - I'll cheerfully dig up some Royal Purple Obedient Plant in exchange for a piece of Vera Jamieson Sedum!!

Good to see the trades heating up! I sure hope I can get as much done in the garden tomorrow as today... Or at least that I can move without too much difficulty!

G'night all!!

o
Blueiris3

Thanks Heather! Vera Jamieson cuttings for royal purple obedient plant.. :-)

o
Blue Iris, Grey Lady Gardener

Thanks everyone for the trades thus far! I truly enjoy the past additions to my garden from this exchange and think fondly of the 'plant people' behind each gift as they bloom!

Blue Iris:. I will set aside a korean lilac for you. Perhaps I could try your amsonia in exchange?

Grey Lady Gardener:. I think I can split another piece from the hocus pocus veronica. Could I try your astrantia RW in exchange?

I am heading out to the garden shortly to see what else is available. (with coffee in hand). I will post later or just throw them into the gamblers circle. I have 2 catalpa trees (12 -18 ")just started if anyone is interested

o
Blue Iris, Grey Lady Gardener

Thanks everyone for the trades thus far! I truly enjoy the past additions to my garden from this exchange and think fondly of the 'plant people' behind each gift as they bloom!

Blue Iris:. I will set aside a korean lilac for you. Perhaps I could try your amsonia in exchange?

Grey Lady Gardener:. I think I can split another piece from the hocus pocus veronica. Could I try your astrantia RW in exchange?

I am heading out to the garden shortly to see what else is available. (with coffee in hand). I will post later or just throw them into the gamblers circle. I have 2 catalpa trees (12 -18 ")just started if anyone is interested

o
gardeng8

good morning Carol. Please don't try and take another piece of your veronica hocus pocus!! :-)
I do not want you to compromise your plant.....maybe another year when it is growing a bit more and needs dividing. :-)

how about your iris 'rare edition' for the astrantia RW instead?

o
Gardeng8 & Greylady & FlowerGirlON

Hello G & G - thanks for the trades!!

Merja - anything left on my list that you would like for a L.A. Hybrid 'Iceberg', I think I got one from you before, but the label has gone and I'd like to re-identify it!

Does anyone have any tall bi-colour, white or yellow columbine they would care to trade?

Anyone want some hot pink tulips ? (They were supposed to be red - from civic garden sale...) , or a mystery colour hardy chrysanthemum?

Thanks all!
Heather

o

BLUEIRIS: How about those hot pink tulips for LA Hybrid 'Iceberg'? I am in need of some serious spring colour in my gardens.

o
FlowerGirlOn

FlowerGirl_On the trade is on! I need to find non purple flowers for this time of year... the alliums, iris, and columbine are all lovely, but a little monochromatic :-)

o

GreyLady Gardener:. Saw the post too late. I have a small piece of HP veronica for you if you would still like it. I will send along a rare edition iris also as the veronica is small.

Blue Iris: I have a white columbine that is too small to split but will gladly send seed when they are available I can get your address at the exchange if you like

o

gardeng8, I hope your main plant hasn't suffered because of it. I would love the piece of HP and would also love the iris but only if you can find something else to take off my list. :-)

A couple more additions on my list:
German catchfly (plant WS in 2011--flowering right now)
calendula (dwarf yellow) seedlings (nice and healthy)

o

great day to be in the garden. :-)
Just in now with an addition--Russian sage volunteersX2
(it is amazing what you find when you start pulling out the forget me nots!)

o
Gardeng8

Hi Gardeng8,

Thank you, I would love seed from your white columbine, I'll give you my address at the swap. On my morning constitutional yesterday I spotted some tall barely pink columbine, so hopefully I can sneak some seed from it a bit later!! I have a neighbour who gathers seed heads as she walks her dog, throws the seeds in her pocket front garden and sees what comes up!
What a perfect gardening day yesterday! 6 hours worth of gardening between spring cleanup at my Mom's and potting up in mine!
Cheers,
BlueIris3

o

Thank you everybody for the trades so far. I have a couple more additions on my list: dianthus deltoides (colour is cerise, I believe) and mixed colours of Morning Glory seedlings.

o
Merja

Do I have anything that you would trade for your piece of peony root with three stems--dark red?

o

LOIS: If you still have one of those rose cuttings available, I would like to try one for the peony root.

o

Merja, sorry but of the three rooted cuttings, Blueiris3 has asked for two and the third one appears to be turning black on the stem and the leaves are shrivelling. If you aren't interested in anything else, I could take a cutting or two of the rose and you could root them......they took very easily in my rooting bucket and developed great roots, even surviving all winter in the bucket.

Let me know what you prefer. :-)

o

Grey Lady Gardener...No trade necessary for the veronica as it is so small. However, I would ike to try your german catchfly if there is something else on my list that interests you.

Flowergirl:. I would be interested in your cerise dianthus if there is something on my list...or if you are looking for something in particular I may have?

o

CAROL: If burgundy barberry is still available, I would love one for the dianthus deltoides.

LOIS: I have been watching quite a few rose cutting videos. I am still a little hesitant because I have never done it before. Maybe I try and learn it before I take a chance on that. :) I would like to learn to do it for sure. I have done cuttings only from house plants in a glass of water and leaf cuttings from African violets. :) I have been thinking about your peony root, would you happen to have a pic of the flower. I have a few pink ones so I would not want it to be something I already have. I have this pink one, could it be this one by chance? If you don't think yours is same than mine, my first choice is the peony root. Otherwise I will pick a few calendula seedlings, if still available.

o

Merja, very pretty peony with the white PL bellflower.

The piece of root that I have (with two stems) is from a very pale shell pink.peony...I don't have a pic of it, sorry.
I wish I had taken a pic last year as it was just beautiful planted beside a burgundy iris. It won't flower this year as I moved both the iris and the peony from my garden in Pt. Franks to my garden at home.

o

LOIS: I would love to have your little peony root then for my peony root. Perfect, I would say. :)

o

I will bring the peony for you, Merja :-)
thanks

o

• Posted by wmc1 s/w Ontario Sarnia (My Page) on
    Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:10

Hopefully, Gwen and I will attend again this year, but have not had time to do any swaps. Was the same last year, but will bring a bunch of seedlings like last year for gamblers circle, Looking forward to meeting old friends again.
It is on the 1st June?

o

Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:14

Hopefully, Gwen and I will attend again this year, but have not had time to do any swaps. Was the same last year, but will bring a bunch of seedlings like last year for gamblers circle, Looking forward to meeting old friends again.
It is on the 1st June?

o
wmc1

Yes, Bill it is June 1....this Saturday :-)
Hope to see you and Gwen! :-)

o

Thanks FlowergirlOn for the dianthus. I will set aside the barberry for you...(it is a small volunteer)

Does anyone need any plastic pots (various sizes)? My husband is getting tired of tripping over them in the garage. No trade necessary.

o
Gardeng8

Hi Gardeng8;

I would love your spare pots - I have a long potting bench, and supply plants to two community sales each year, (plus have my own sale) so I raid local nursery recycling bins on occasion to get enough of the right size of pots.

If anyone else has spare 4"~6" wide shallow round pots those seem to be the ones I use the most of!

Thanks! Getting excited! Only a few more sleeps 'til the Gambler's Circle!!
BlueIris3

o

Blueiris3, I will search around and see if I have any pots to bring you.

Looks like right now, there is rain in the forecast, so be prepared just in case they are right. :-) I think that rain was forecast for last year also and we didn't get any, so hopefully that is the case this year also. There is the building with the big overhang that we could use to sit under if necessary.

Heather......TWO more sleeps!! lol!

o

Fri, May 31, 13 at 16:42

Got some big clumps of comfrey, anybody want it?

o

Looks like we are expecting thunderstorms today starting about 9 a.m and expected to last all day. 70% chance apparently, so it looks like we will need to be near to the building so we can sit under the overhang, rather than sitting under the trees. At least the plants won't be sitting out in the blazing sun getting cooked in their pots while we are there! :-)

o

Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 18:03

Weather held up, had a great time at the swap with old friends again. Missed quite a few this year. Came home with a load again, where to put them all? Will all be in ground before swap next year. THANX TO ALL WHO ATTENDED.

o
Thanks!!!

Thank you to everyone & happy planting!

It is so nice getting together, how many years has it been? I've been trading since the second & third year back when it was held at Signet's but have lost track of how long ago that was! As someone said at a previous swap "It's like a family reunion with people that you like!".

I'm a plant-a-holic and I'm proud!! I went to a nursery with my Mom this afternoon and bought a couple daturas - they looked so great by my front door last year.

Hope to see you all and a bunch of new faces next year.
Hugs,
BlueIris3

o

Such a great day! So glad that the weather forecast was wrong. We had good weather....good food...good friends and good talk!!

Thank you everyone! I am so excited to add all the great plants to my garden. :-)

(Got a few things planted already)

o

Thanks Everyone: I certainly must reiterate the fact that we had a great day! Thank you all for making my mother feel so welcome also...she had a wonderful time! (Thanks Carol for the take home gift of your Lemon Poppy seed Loaf) it was very kind of you and mom will snack on it for the weekend. I did get out in the garden for a couple of hours after getting home and mostly competed the planting of the new arrivals. Once again I am thrilled to have these new plants to add to my gardens and the fact that they came from friends gardens makes them that much more special. Take care all and hope to see you again soon. Ross.

o

It really was great to catch up with everyone! Thank you for all the trades. I look forward to next year's exchange already. Have a great summer and feel free to drop over if you are in the area! Carol (gardeng8)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here