Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

HAVE: Surprise Packages for April Newbies

hmacdona1
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I want to extend a little welcome to new members that join gardenweb during the month of April.

To those that respond, I will send you a surprise pack with seeds to help you get started. Each envelope will contain a minimum of 10 different seed varieties.

This offer is open only to new gardenweb members than join in April 2009 (as noted on your member page).

Please post here if you qualify for this offer. First come first serve. I will keep this offer open during the month of April, as long as I have sufficient seeds to share, so hurry if you want to take advantage of getting some free seeds.

Please make sure email is enabled on your gardenweb profile so I can contact you privately to get your mailing address. Here's how:

1) Go to "member services" at the bottom of the page to login.

2) Then select "Edit your personal information, page and preferences"

3) Go to the bottom of the page where is states "show my email address to" and select "member" from the dropdown menu.

4) Then select the box beside "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site".

It is also very helpful if you update your profile so your location and gardening zone are displayed when you post. This makes it easier for people that wish to trade with you. It will help them figure out what seeds would be appropriate for your zone. This is done in the same time you are editing your profile to add email...just scroll down the the spot in the middle of the page called "garden zone". Here you could type zone and city or province if you desire.

Hope this helps.

Thanks....Heather

Comments (22)

• green_earth
    15 years ago

Hello Heather

I would like to receive some seeds. I joined today. My zone is 5A and I am from Ontario.

thanks for helping new garderes.
    Ailam

• bigredgarden
    15 years ago

Hi Heather
    I would love some welcome seeds! Ive been trying to change my profile so you can send email and it wont save not sure if its this site or my computer so here is my email eanger154@hotmail.com thanks alot!!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Both newbie packages have been mailed. I hope they don't take too long to get there so you have time to plant.

Thanks....Heather

• urbantropic
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

I would love some seeds to get my garden started.

Thanks in advance.

• mongcong
    15 years ago

Heather,
    It seems I signed up as a new member a month too early. If you've any extras, I'd sure appreciate getting a head start this spring!
    Whether you send them or not, it was a very generous offer and I thank you for just being kind to a bunch of strangers with similar passions!

Mongcong.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Urbantropic and Mongcong....your seeds have been mailed. Have fun with your gardens this year.

Anymore newbies this month??? Come on...I know you're out there :)

• mongcong
    15 years ago

hmacdona,
    Wow! Thanks so much. I was excited when you offered the surprise pack and overjoyed when the package arrived. I was completely FLABBERGASTED when I opened the package and saw all those seed packets! I'm going to have to enlarge my garden to fit everything in. I can't thank you enough for your kindness and generosity.

mongcong

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're most welcome Mongcong

• jodyt
    15 years ago

Heather,

I would love some seeds to get my garden started. Do qualify? Do you have seeds left?

I enrolled today...and am super excited about this btw!

I live in Hazelton, BC and am a zone 4b.

Thanks,

Jody

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jody,

Welcome to gardenweb. I just sent you an email to arrange for your surprise package.

Thanks....Heather

• jerem
    15 years ago

Hi, i would love some seeds if you still have some, extremely generous of you!. I live on PEI zone 5b

Thanks!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jerem,

Welcome to gardenweb. I just sent you an email to arrange for your surprise seeds.

Thanks....Heather

• iris_siberica21
    15 years ago

Hi there

What a nice gesture to us Newbies, I am interested if you still have seeds avaialble. Thanks!

• ekkogreen
    15 years ago

Hi I just joined today and I would love to receive some seeds.
    Thank you :)

• abbymeyer
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

What a wonderful, thoughtful gesture. I would love to receive your surprise package if you have any left.

Thanks so much
    Linda

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

iris_siberica21, ekkogreen and abbymeyer

Welcome to gardenweb. I just sent you private emails to arrange for your surprise packs.

Thanks...Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

* Abbymeyer, your parcel was mailed this morning.

* Iris_siberica21 - I'll be mailing yours tomorrow morning.

* Ekkogreen - I'm still waiting to hear from you with your mailing address. I'm leaving on vacation early Friday morning, so I need to hear back from you by early thursday morning before I leave for work if you want your seeds mailed this week. I leave for work at 6:30am Calgary time. If I don't hear from you, your seeds will not be mailed until after the 28th.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

This offer is still open to newbies that join in April 2009. I am leaving on vacation, so I will not be able to respond to you until after the 28th if you respond to this offer after today.

Please continue to post here if you just joined gardenweb and are interested in getting some seeds to help you get started. Please also send me a private email with your mailing address so I have it for when I return from vacation.

Thanks....Heather

• puppymamma
    15 years ago

I would love some seeds if you have any available still.
    Please let me know if you have any trouble with my address on the profile.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Puppymamma - Welcome to gardenweb. I just sent you a private email to arrange for your surprise package.

Ekkogreen - I still have not heard from you with a mailing address.

• jodyt
    15 years ago

Morning,

Your seeds arrived yesterday. Thank you, it was a fantastic surprise. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jody

• joeileen_gardener
    15 years ago

I would love to plant your welcome package, how generous of you!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions