Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

WANTED: part 2: Springbank Park, London, On, Plant Exchange 20

greylady_gardener
12 years ago

blueiris I started this second page to post, but if you want to do that then we can let this post go and you can start the second page. :-)

Just wanted to say that June 2 is great with us.(as are all the other days also) :-)

Comments (168)

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Signet, I think I like the rose salvia, thanks!

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

clematis Prairie traveller's joy--signet (mauve corydalis)

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

SIGNET: Thanks for the confirmation. I have the tree saplings aside for you.

Is anyone interested in variegated VINCA vine. Nice plant but if you don't keep an eye on it watch out!!

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi Rosco_p . Yup I am interested in your varigated vinca . I used to have some ...its not here anymore for some reason .I guess I managed to kill it or the clay soil did but I would like to try again . Let me know what you might like in trade.

Graylady . I owe you a trade for the white lychnis .Let me know what you are looking for Can you let me know where you got your seeds for the blue dragon-dracocephalum ruyschianum and did your extra 2 butterfly bush cuttings not make it?I see you dont have them listed anymore.

signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

ROSS: Let me know if you spot a variegated hosta, so we can arrange a trade.

GG: I would be interested in your NOID hosta, if you find anything on my list you like.

SIGNET: First I want to say that we discussed the siberian irises on the e-mails...that's why you can't find it here. :) I sent you a pic of the 'reddish purple' iris and it turned out that my memory wasn't very good, it was really just purple.
    Here is a list of what I am bringing for you so far:
    - Japanese iris
    - LA hybrid lily, pink
    - LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
    - LA hybrid lily 'Suncrest'
    - peony 'Duchesse de Nemours'
    - peony, bright pink
    - peony, magenta
    - siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
    - siberian iris 'Butter and Sugar'
    - siberian iris, purple (bigger flower)
    - Japanese anemone 'Pamina'
    - digitalis lutea
    - alstroemeria, yellow
    - campanula glomerata, white
    I said I'll bring all the varieties of siberian irises...did you want the common smaller flowered purple one also or not?
    From you so far:
    - yellow daffodils
    - white with peach trumpet daffodils
    - Japanese iris, mauve
    - phuopsis stylosa, Creeping Crosswort
    - 8 different lilies (re: e-mail)
    Is your red perennial poppy still available?

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

SIGNET: do you have any more poet's narcissus? I am trying to make a nice show in my newly revamped front porch garden, and would love some more in trade for the lychnis alba.
    I took the butterfly bushes off the list until they look more like they are going to actually make it. They are still very firmly attached in the soil when given a tug, but they are not showing any signs of growth. I figured if they suddenly start, then I would put them back on.
    The seeds for the blue dragon originally came from "The Sample Seed Shop". (good prices-and cheap shipping) and I have had good success with all the seeds from there. I do have seeds for it if you are interested I would be happy to plant some for you and see if they sprout before the swap.--let me know :-)

MERJA: Do you have any more poet's narcissus? I would love it in ex for the hosta, if you do--let me know--thanks. :-)

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

GG: I do have more Poet's narcissus for your hosta. Thank you for the trade.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Greylady, I would love it if you were to sow some blue dragon seeds for me please. I can trade you more Poet's Narcissus if you like. I hope everyone realizes just how quickly these plants increase . You may want to choose something else .Just as an example, I started some little clumps of three all along the path of my circle garden two years ago . They are now clumps of about 8 or9 plants . So forwarned is forarmed! If your buttterfly bush cuttings do take please keep me in mind for one please. (if noone else wants any and both take , I would be interested in both )

Flowergirl, Thanks for the reminder about the sib.iris . I didnt remember we had talked about it in the email and I searched and searched these messages , couldnt find anything and thought I was losing it . LOL! Yes, I am interested in the sib iris with the little bloom too please. Thanks .

I am going to try to dig out the red perennial poppy . I have a feeling it isnt going to be easy but I will try .

Signet

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

Have a couple more plants to offer

Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum)

Helianthus (Wood Sunflower)

Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus)

Nes

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you merja! :-)The hosta already has your name on it.

signet, I am hoping the poet's narcissus will make a nice border in the front of the garden. I took the one's I got from you last year and broke them up into three clumps of just a few each and put them between some of the sedum clumps. Now I need to fill in the rest.

I planted the seeds this morning when I read your message, but am just saying now as I had to run out for a bit. I put them outside, as I WS the first batch so these should be fine also.

I will definitely keep an eye on the butterfly bush cuttings and let you know what happens.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mirabilis longiflora?? I am about to sow some seeds for this and wondered if anyone else would like me to put a few in a pot for them. :-)

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

A few more to add:

- NOID hosta, green with yellow edges (pic available, now available for all 3 NOID hostas)
    - digitalis purpurea, common foxglove (2 trades)
    - daylily 'Chloe'
    - rose seedling (in front of a pink rose bush but a red one close by), 65 cm tall
    - white Bleeding Heart (1)

The siberian iris with bigger purple flowers has a name now. It wasn't mislabelled after all. The name is 'Ruffled Velvet.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

paper birch--sown from seed a few years ago (approx 2008?).
    It has been in a pot ever since and a couple of summers ago the main stem died because in the heat I forgot to water it. :-(
    Anyway, it now has three smaller stems (tallest one is approx 12")coming up from the base and is looking fine.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Merja

..I am interested in your daylily 'Chloe'
    but am curious as to what color it is . Chloe is one of the ones that has been sold as one thing but is another . So interested to know if the description matches the registered info.

also interested in your white Bleeding Heart (1)if no one else is interested .

Greylady - Ok will pot up more PN for you

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

SIGNET: Interesting, I didn't know there was a colour thingy with Chloe. Mine is reddish/yellow, but AHS says the colour is orange light polychrome with halo. So if you still want it, I write that down + white bleeding heart.

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

Greylady: I would like to trade you for your Birch tree if possible. I would like to use it as a bonsai. If there is something on my list that you would be interested in?? Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you signet. I just love the pot's narcissus that flowered this year and look forward to many more next year. :-)

Ross I will bring the paper birch for you. I can't remember if your hibiscus manihot is still available or not, but if so, I would love to trade for that.

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

Lois: I will set aside a Hibiscus Manihot for you. Thanks for the trade. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi , just wondering if anyone has any grapes or grape cuttings ?

Also looking for varigated iris . Anyone have any ?Let me know and if you do what you might like in trade .

Signet

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

Signet,

I have 3 or four grape vines, Why? I have not taking cuttings from them ever? do you want me to try?
    so new things to my list

Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum)

Helianthus (Wood Sunflower)

Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus)

can take cutting from grapevines maybe

A bright yellow iris

I could spare a few other colours too.

Tomatoes- all Heirloom
    Cowlick Brandwine tomatoes BlueIris3 for Burning bush seedlings
    Marianna's peace tomato BlueIris3 for Bronze leaf canna
    green zebra tomato Merja
    black cherry tomato flowergirl for a peony, and BlueIris3 Trailing succulent
    2nd black cherry tomato Spiky aloe (all gone)
    Hawianian Pineapple tomato blueiris3 for Mojito mint
    black Krim Tomato flowergirl for a Japanese quince (still have more Tomatoes) Blueiris3 or Chocolate mint
    purple cherokee tomato
    San Marzano Blueiris3 for Red Flowering Quince

Eggplant -all Heirloom
    Black beauty
    coya kumbra
    fenyuan

tansy Blueiris3 for Yarrow Moonshine
    wormwood
    ribbon grass
    gojiberry
    sedum autum joy rooted cuttings
    raspberry
    Hearts of Gold melon seedlings Blueiris3 for tarragon
    catnip
    a rosa rugusa , BlueIris3 for small hens and chicks either bronze
    black hollyhock alcea black perenial
    sunflower Japanese heirloom taiyo garden8 for Korean lilac and red twig dogwood
    butterfly weed greylady for comfrey* Merja for hosta
    sunflower
    De Golde Tobacco plants
    may have some oriental blue seed poppies, they are planted but have not sprouted yet
    and stinging nettle, good for nettle soup.
    red canna lily bulbs
    Jerusalem artichokes signet for Couple of boxwood
    garlic signet Thornless blackberry
    walking onions
    bunching onions
    leeks babies Rosco for....Signet for daylily Bonanza
    pak choy Blueiris3 for ghost grass Sinet for daylily Pink Damask
    florence fennel blueiris3 for English ivy plain
    snow peas 2 in big coffee cups Signet for ,Porcupine grass

I owe Garden8 for yucca and bloodroot.
    if I am missing something let me know.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Luckynes,

I have potted up 3 boxwood cuttings for our trade of boxwood for Jerusalem artichoke . (you do know these are small right ?) they are one season old so about 3 or 4 inches tall ) Is that a good number for you? If you want more boxwood , I would be interested in more Jerusalem artichoke (assuming a trade is one root.)

May I ask what colors of iris you have please? and I am interested in your Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum) What might you take in trade for that ?Also Black Hollyhock? How are your poppies(blue seed) coming along ?

I would love the grape cuttings but wont ask you to take cuttings if you are not sure how to . I dont want to be responsible if they were to die because you took cuttings. The cuttings are usually from pruning the vines and I am not knowledgeable enough to say when the proper time to take prune grapes is I'm afraid.

I have a yucca to offer as well if anyone is interested otherwise it goes on the compost this year. No trade necessary

Gotta go .

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

I would love if you would start some Mirabilis longiflora for me ....poet's narcissus in trade ????????????? LOL ! or something else?

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

What are bunching onions ????? how are they different from walking onions?

Signet

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago

Signet, I'd love your yucca plant. A friend of mine is looking for them. How about I trade you the pop cans for it?

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lol! thanks signet, but I think I have enough poet's narcissus to finish the border of the garden (for now anyway ;-) )
    Would you have any of the primula--cerise with the yellow eye? If so, I would like to trade for that, thanks.

(I have the seeds already planted for you)--they should pop in a couple of days

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

ignet,
    Signet,
    I guess the correct term for bunching onions is potato or multiplier onions. I tend to call them bunching onions because they crow in a bunch.
    They are better than walking onions because you can use them for more things and once you plants them, and if you don't use all of the bulbs you will always have more.
    I love them.
    I have set aside 5 tubers of Jerusalem artichokes in 2 pots for you, and you can have more. I will trade you more for more boxwood.
    As for the irises, If you are on Facebook, I will show you pictures. I will get back to you on names. Maybe blueIris3 will help me out.and the Black Hollyhock too. What do you still have to trade?

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

found a small virginia bluebell a ways away from the mother plant. I haven't dug it but will try it if someone is interested.

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

forgive my spelling in the last post, I had eaten anything all day. That is my excuse.

Signet,
    we can trade for the highbush Cranberry too
    Nes

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

greylady...confirming primrose cerise with yellow eye.

Luckynes , thanks for the extra Jerusalem artichokes. I will pot up more boxwood for you. I am not on facebook and dont want to join it , so cant see your pics unfortunately .

I do have a few creeping sedums that might interest you . (names are unknown on most) .
    I have a varigated upright sedum ( light yellow/green and dark green)
    I have some euphorbia with bright greeny yellow tops.
    I have golden hops (have I listed this before ?)
    I have Herb Robert

To the people I offered Crocosmia to in trade. Can you please pick something else . It seems this winter was not good for the bulbs. I have tried digging to find some and (they should have been showing by now ) and they are soft and mushy .I am guessing because the ground never froze and the clay held too much water . It was a nice clump too ......now I have to start from scratch again. It seems I also lost some of my heucheras , and tiarella and my labrador violets to

Lilac, the yucca is yours ! Yay! I found a home for it !(I am a happy camper cuz I hate composting stuff)

Flowergirl, Yes, I still would like the "chloe" daylily please. These ones that get sold as other plants intrique me . I try to figure out who exactly they are and over time sometimes I do. Either way it is more genetic material to consider during hybridizing.

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks for the confirmation of the primula for the mirabilis longiflora seedlings.

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

Signet,

I already have golden hops growing in my backyard.
    What kind of euphorbia do you have, a picture any where?
    I added a link so maybe you can pinpoint the name of the succulents you have? Please.
    I would like the Herb Robert.
    I love herbs too.
    I have a tea/herb garden that I am very proud of.

so far our trades are
    snow peas 2 in big coffee cups for Porcupine grass
    pak choy for ghost grass
    leeks for for daylily Bonanza
    Jerusalem artichokes for Couple of boxwood
    garlic for Thornless blackberry
    Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum )
    Black Hollyhock
    I have at least 3 of kinds irises
    the yellow
    a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
    and one that has a red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip

Here is a link that might be useful: the succulent garden nursery

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

First, sorry to have to make a correction but I dont have Ghostgrass so our trade as far as I am aware is Pac Choy for Pink Damask.

Now , in regards to your email to me, so sorry to hear about your husbands illness , tell me your husbands favourite color and I will pick a daylily in that color to trade to you. I have too many to list and I need to go out and see what has increased enough to split anyway.

I am interested in trading for your highbush cranberry please.

I would also be interested in your iris....

1)a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
    2.) red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip .

As for the sedums I have , from your site link , one is positively id'd as sedum acre, one as Sedum sexangulare , I do have Sedum Bull's Blood, I will email you some pics of a few of the others and a pic of the euphorbia.

Signet

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago

Signet, I told my friend about the Yucca, and she is ridiculously excited about it! It was actually kind of funny XD

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi Lilac,

here is a link to what it looks like . it is not the fat fleshy one with the huge spikes but the thin leaved sort of spikey one but is perennial. Hope that she is still excited when she sees the pic.
    http://www.lambley.com.au/search/content/yucca%20recurvifolia

I cannot grow them well here the ground has too much clay .
    signet

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago

Signet, no worries, that's what she wants. Apparently she's been looking everywhere for them. I'm glad it's going to find a suitable home XD

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

canna lilies

If you want any canna lilies speak up now or I am planting them all in the ground in the next 2 days. Maybe in the backyard, by the birdhouse.

Nes

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

that had a white lilac to trade. I have traded for one but would love another . Contact me and let me know what you might like in trade.

Luckynes , did you see my post to you above ?

Signet

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago

I had a white lilac to trade, but it seems someone came along last night took it. Now all I have is the little volunteer! So I'm afraid the lilac is off the table.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Lilac , WEll that's a fine "how do you do !" isnt it What nice neighbors you have! For goodness sake dont leave the keys in your car ! LOL!

Not to worry I will find one someplace .

Signet

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

Yes Sugnet,
    Thanks for correction-Pac Choy for Pink Damask.
    Thank you for offering my husband a lily. He is thinking what hsi favorite colour would be. We had dentist and doctors to see there was worry and fretting about both..
    I will set aside the irises and the highbush cranberry for you
    I have not potted them up, but I will.
    Did you want the yellow iris too
    The euphorbia. sounded real interesting, I would like to see pictures, but would be happy with anything you have to offer.
    Right now I am hardening my plants off, and I have to bring them back inside, I think it stopped rainy.

Nes

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

Gardeng8

I have more Iris to share what would you like?
    the yellow
    a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
    and one that has a red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip
    If they start to flower before the trade I will tell the colours of the others.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

deep purple iris with mauve beards - IB iris
    phlox paniculata - white with pink center
    Phlox paniculata - cherry red

Flowergirl. I have searched all over here . I cant find a penstemmon that might have blue flowers . In fact I believe the only penstemmon I have every had here is Penstemon "huskar's red" which has a white flower . Are you sure it was me you talked to about this . I dont remember trading for it. I even searched the posts from last years swap . Couldnt find any reference to it . Could it have been Bev you spoke to about it ?

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

I hit send before I realized that I hadnt said
    "thank you " to gardeng8 for the offer of other small white lilac seedlings. I would absolutely love them !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the offer

Luckynes , I am interested in your iris as well please.

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

SIGNET: Don't worry about the penstemon. It was you but now I'm not sure if it was a penstemon after all. It was flowering at the time and had beautiful lightish blue bell flowers. But like I said not to worry, I should have taken it when you offered it. :) I would like some of your cherry red phlox, please. I'm trying to think what else you might have there that I would like since I have some catching up to you. I don't know if you saw my e-mail long time ago since you never answered it but I asked for pink peony poppy. I know it is not easy to transplant them. I got a few single red poppies digged up...have to see how they'll do.

Available:

Prairie Traveller's Joy clematis

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Potting up some Cherry red Phlox and pink peony poppies for you ( these are self seeding annuals) If something should show up here with lightish blue bell flowers , I will dig you up some Just have no clue what it might have been.

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Merja , I have been thinking and maybe the plant you are referring to is Virginia Bluebells. Here is a link to yahoo images for you to compare to your plant of memory.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7jLYf6lPW1QAG45XNyoA?p=virginia+bluebells&fr=yfp-t-544&fr2=piv-web
    Could this be the plant in question ?
    I got a plant last season at the swap and I was arranging a swap with Blueiris this year for another because I thought I lost it ( I didnt I moved it ) but then was able to go dig some up on a friends acreage. So that swap is still available I believe.

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

SIGNET: I don't think it was that. But I might ask for that from her then. I have some catching up to do with her as well. Thank you, Heather. And thank you for the cherry red phlox and pink peony poppies.

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

BlueIris3
    Do you have any prickly pear left to trade? I had some once and it disappeared and I would like to try again.
    Thanks
    Nes

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Confirming cherry red phlox and purple iris

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

I am always looking for pots !small pots , 1 gallon pots, 2 gallon pots and larger pots , Just no clay pots thanks . Will trade for plants . Also old venetian blinds to use for tags ( white preferably) but any color will do as long as they arent dark.

I also have saved some yogurt containers ( I meant them for Bev as they were what she liked to use )but now that Bev is not attending wondering if anyone can use them . No trade just need to know before I toss them to the garbage.

Signet

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions