Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

o
WANTED: part 2: Springbank Park, London, On, Plant Exchange 20

Posted by greylady-gardener 6/5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 11:30

blueiris I started this second page to post, but if you want to do that then we can let this post go and you can start the second page. :-)

Just wanted to say that June 2 is great with us.(as are all the other days also) :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: part 2: Springbank Park, London, On, Plant Exchange

June second is fine with me, like I said, it was only the one weekend I couldn't come!

o

June 2 is fine with me, I'm bringing a friend along this time.
Jean can do some swaps with my plants to get her started.
Does anyone want me to start up some pak choy-chinese cabbage for them? Or Florence fennel?

Nes

o
Greylady and Lilac

Hi Greylady - Can I interest you in something from my list? I'm interested in your Astilbe Finale if it's not pink. Google images wasn't much help - it shows about a third each of hot pink, white, pale pink and the occasional red! I'd be thrilled if it were red (or white).

Lilac - I'd love to trade for your 3 Blue Moon Glads and mixed hyacinths, I have had bouquets from my garden for the past month and am getting addicted to fresh flowers! Is there anything else you would like on my list?

I think I can maybe get one division of my chocolate boneset(eupatorium rugosum) if someone is interested.
Fingers crossed - I think I may have some self seeded Datura La Fleur Lilac seedlings, but they are tiny so not sure yet.

o
blueiris3

so sorry heather, but the astilbe is pink

o
Greylady & Signet

Hi Greylady, That's fine. Perhaps Signet would be interested? She said she was looking for pink flowers!
It was so nice to be outside today. My back has been giving me grief, so I didn't go all out, but still got lots of dead heading done. That and planted some pansies in big pots. I hadn't noticed that they are giant flowers, I was intending to press some to make botanical images with, but they take up almost a whole page!!! Ever so cheerful though :-) I found a few more Johnny jump ups to fill up the pot, those are a better size for pressing.

o
reposting my list to this page

wanted to post to this page so we don't have to go looking

ining honeysuckle-decent sized division
butterfly bush***blueiris***(yellow siberian iris)
--***two more possible trades of rooted cuttings***
gaillardia Arizona sun**WS seedlings**--blueiris(viola-white/pale yellow)
gaillardia Arizona sun **WS seedlings**-merja(silver squill)
**gaillardia seedlings now gone**
garlic chives--signet(poet's narcissus)**gone**
basil 'minnette'-small container with two sturdy seedlings
naked/pregnant onions-pot with six or seven small bulbs
purple millet-x2--Ross**gone**
corydalis lutea-Ross(kerria)
corydalis lutea--blueiris(wild blue phlox)
corydalis lutea--gardeng8
**corydalis now gone**
hosta 'tiny tears'--blueiris(honey melon sage)**gone**
hosta NOID--pic available-(looks like & could be �Fortunei Albopicta�)
pepper 'Alma paprika'--2 available
pepper 'fish'--1 available
plectranthus 'mona lavender'--merja
peony poppy 'red'-WS pot of seedlings--x2
comfrey�Nes(butterfly weed)
WS seedlings (4 per pot) blue dragon-dracocephalum ruyschianum---2 pots available(1-Ross)
Astilbe chinensis 'Finale'--one pot
Liatris 'punctata'--one small plant
rosemary-three seedlings-Ross**gone** (bronze leafed canna )
-several rooted coleus cuttings--NOID

o
blueiris & one more thing

good that you got out and I hope your back gets better soon. It looked so nice out, but when I went out, the wind cut right through me. It was so cold. Didn't accomplish much today at all, but then I was also busy running errands.

forgot to add one habanero pepper to the list

o

Hi blueiris!
I've kind of lost track of your trades, so I don't know if these flowers have been spoken for, but would you trade your oxeye daisies and suncrest lily for the Gladiolas and hyacinth?

o
Lilac

Hi Lilac,
Oxeye daisies and Suncrest lily is a go for the blue moon glads and mixed hyacinths, as long as you are up for a surprise. Those lilies are not marked so it could be a white with red dots Suncrest or it could be a red Fangio!
If you are curious I have started a gardening blog
at bluems.wordpress.com
Insomnia has led to me making tea for me and compost tea for my many cuttings. Including 3 kinds of scented geraniums, 2 kinds of African violets,, purple clematis, variegated basil, Legion red geraniums, (from a cutting at a Legion branch - I was having a hard time finding a true red one), variegated pothos etc.

o

Tomatoes- all Heirloom
Cowlick Brandwine tomatoes
Marianna's peace tomato
green zebra tomato
black cherry tomato flowergirl for a peony (still have more tomatoes)
Hawianian Pineapple tomato blueiris3 for Mojito mint
black Krim Tomato flowergirl for a Japanese quince (still have more Tomatoes) Blueiris3 or Chocolate mint
purple cherokee tomato
San Marzano Blueiris3

Eggplant -all Heirloom
Black beauty
coya kumbra
fenyuan

tansy Blueiris3 for Yarrow Moonshine
wormwood
ribbon grass
gojiberry
sedum autum joy rooted cuttings
raspberry
Hearts of Gold melon seedlings Blueiris3
catnip
a rosa rugusa , small
black hollyhock alcea black perenial
sunflower Japanese heirloom taiyo garden8 for Korean lilac and red twig dogwood
butterfly weed greylady for comfrey* Merja for hosta
sunflower
De Golde Tobacco plants
may have some oriental blue seed poppies, they are planted but have not sprouted yet
and stinging nettle, good for nettle soup.
red canna lily bulbs
Jerusalem artichokes
garlic
walking onions
bunching onions
leeks babies
pak choy Blueiris3 for ghost grass
florence fennel blueiris3 for English ivy
snow peas 2 in big coffee cups

if I am missing something let me know.

o

From Page One!!!
OFFERING: More to come once I venture out into the cold???
PERENNIALS:
*variegated soloman's seal (SIGNET)(BLUEIRIS3)
*mini blue-eyed grass
*bloodroot
*KingEdward yarrow
*purple monkshood (LILACISLOVE)
*blue pincushion flower "Perfecta"(BLUEIRIS3)
*sanguisorba (pink bottle-brush flowers) (SIGNET)
*lavender (babies)
*firecracker lysmachia (ROSCO)
*black-scallop ajuga
SHRUBS/TREES:
*barberry-small volunteer(BLUEIRIS3)
*flowering almond (SIGNET))(BLUEIRIS3)
*korean lilac (LUCKYNES)(BLUEIRIS3)
*purple lilac (SIGNET)
*white lilac (SIGNET)
*red-twig dogwood(LUCKYNES))(BLUEIRIS3)
BULB PLANTS:
*purple sensation allium (babies) (LILACISLOVE)
*hair allium (SIGNET)

Newly Planted Seed
*echinops-globe thistle
*hibiscus-Manihot, red, & pink (lasiocarpus)
*beebalm -light purple
*blackberry lily
*Nelly Moser clematis
*Jacob's Ladder
*Sweet Pea - purple(BLUEIRIS3)
*Sweet Pea - Bijou mix
*gaillardia - Arizona Red (GREYLADYGARDENER)(LILACISLOVE)

Ventured out for a quick look-see! It is still too cold for me...but I was able to add to what is previously offered. Again, I will add more when it warms up!
Perennials:
*Yucca- small
*'Ice Dance' Sedge
*Karl Forster grass
*variegated zebra grass
*'Feecey's Form ribbon grass-pink/green/cream colour
*green castor bean
*variegated (yellow/green)sedum (size of Autumn Joy sedum)
*Fanfare gallardia
*phaeum samobar hardy geranium
*oriental poppy- baby could be pink? or orange?
*'moonshine' yarrow
*'goldrausch' shasta daisy
*blue flax
*lamium-yellow archangel
*obsidian or lime ricky heuchera
*prairie smoke
SHRUBS/TREES
*noid pink flower crab-apple baby
*purple smokebush -volunteer
*'rosy glow' barberry -very small voluteer
*barberry -2 small volunteers
*amelanchier (servicebery) volunteer
*cotoneaster-small volunteer
*honeysuckle -volunteers
*burning bush - small volunteers
*Redbud seedling (from a neighbour)

o
gardeng8

Hi Carol, it is too cold to go out isn't it?!

that is probably why it is so quiet here lately. :-)

is there anything on my list that you would be interested in for the 'goldrausch' shasta daisy ?

o

gardeng8

Can I trade you something for the small yucca and some bloodroot?
I have more to add to my trade list just busy mowing the lawn today, all bundled up.

o
GreyladyGardener, Luckynes, BlueIris3

Luckynes: I will put your name on the yucca and bloodroot.

Greylady Gardener: I will put your name on the goldrausch shasta daisy. Your blue dragon interests me if you still have any left?

Blue Iris 3: I would be interested in any of your geranium cuttings (if any of them take) and also one of each of your lilies (latoya, panache, and the mystery fangio/suncrest) if any of them are available. I will be adding to my list soon if nothing grabs you yet!

Fingers crossed for warm weather soon:>)

o
Carol again and adding

thank you, Carol I will put your name on the blue dragon. (this was so nice last year)

Do you see anything else? I would love the barberry 'rosy glow' volunteer if you see anything else.

if the weather doesn't ruin them before I pot them up--lychnis coronaria 'alba' - white rose campion

o

GARDENG8: I'd be interested in your 'Goldrausch' Shasta Daisy for the siberian iris 'Silver Edge' if ok.

o

Flowergirl_on: Thank you for the trade...I will put your name on the Goldraush Shasta daisy.

Greylady Gardener: I will put your name on the rosy glow barberry. I would like to ask for the astilbe if it is still available, however, the barberry is very small and this may not be an equitable trade for you. I can give something else in addition to the barberry if you like?

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 20:06

Sometimes I hate Gardenweb! I have been so busy with dentist appointments x 3 per week for the last 3 weeks and the bday cake and cake pops I had to make and and and. I havent been ignoring anyone just havent had the time to be on the computer .

Sometimes I hate Gardenweb! I finally had a few minutes this afternoon and wrote here. Submitted it and it rejected my message saying I had the wrong URL.?????? what URL???? And now the message is gone . Its almost not worth rewriting cuz I forget exactly what I wrote except that I think I can offer BlueIris a white Astilbe . So I will try again.

Blueiris . I believe I have a white astilbe. I planted a bunch of them from my sons garden last fall. They have returned but are just breaking the ground now so are very tiny . if you are interested , I will set aside one for you .

Lilacislove, Did I miss out on the hyacinths?

Gardeng8, not sure if you have anymore 'goldrausch' shasta daisy but if you do I am interested . if not , I am interested in your Black Scallop ajuga, phaeum samobar hardy geranium , obsidian and lime ricky heuchera noid pink flower crab-apple baby and your neighbours redbud seedling. ( what might she like in trade for the redbud?) Is there anything that I have that you might consider in trade for these items.

Rosco . Wondering if you would be interested in a trade of your white calla for one of my purple callas? Let me know please

Luckynes, I am interested in your Jerusalem artichoke please if it is the real deal . I bought some a few years ago and was assured it was the right one. It isnt and I have been looking ever since . I would also be interested in your snowpeas (2) and leeks babies . Also interested in your pak choy if you have more and wondering what kind of garlic you have . Hope there is something in my trade list that would interest you .

I dont know if I covered all that I wrote about before and may have even added to it this time . I am going to hit submit but this time I will take a copy of my message just in case.

Signet

o

Signet: It is so frustrating when you hit submit and it gets rejected. How was the ladybug cake?...cute I bet!!!

Anyhoosies, I will put aside: goldrausch shasta(all gone now), black-scallop ajuga, phaem samobar geranium, obsidian and a lime ricky heuchera, crab apple and grab the red bud seedling from my neighbour.

I'll look over your list and square up for the trades later if that is ok with you.

o

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 20:59

Signet; I will set aside the White Calla for you.I already have the Purple ones....so would you have any colour of Tulip bulb that you would be willing to part with in exchange ??If not I;m sure I can find something from your list. Thanks. Ross.

o

signet, I am posting this here. I brought it over from the first page. I think you were hard at work on the ladybug cake and missed it. :-)

" could we do a trade of the pop cans for a brunnera 'jack frost'?
I would also be interested in the Kwanso lily that you have that has variegated leaves."

o

Garden8, thank you for the trade, now I will just have to find something for you.

Signet, The Jerusalem artichokes were given to me by our VON at the time. But I have to double check there well being, if so they are yours I have plenty.Send me a picture of what the grown plant should look like, and then I'll know we are on the same page.
Pak choy, leeks. and Snow peas are yours.
I have been growing garlic for a few years now and I have forgotten what they are called. I'll have to think about that for a bit.
Finally finished mowing the lawn.

o

Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 23:28

Hi Rosco, I did list some black tulip bulbs .Not sure if that interests you . they are not huge and are really a very deep purple but are called black. I do have some red with black centers . let me know

Luckynes, truthfully I have no idea what a Jerusalem artichoke looks like (thought I did and the bloom on my plant sure looks like what I thought JA looked like but it doesnt grow the tubers that Ja is supposed to grow. ) thus being duped when I bought them before . I will try searching a pic online sometime over the next bunch of weeks before the swap ok .I dont really have time to do that right now . What interests you in trade for your pak choy, leeks and snow peas please.
I would like to try your garlic anyway if that is ok .Does it grow a big bulb? My friend gave me some and it does grow but only tiny bulbs.

Greylady sorry I guess I didnt respond to your request . too much going on . I hope I get these swaps all correct. Anyway , Yes, I will trade a Brunnera Jack Frost for pop cans. And the Kwanza daylily varigated is yours for the pop cans too. Thanks for the trade.Thanks for reminding me I appreciate it . oh if they survive , I am interested in one or two of your lycnis alba please.

Gardeng8 , thanks so much I hope to add a few more items to my list shortly so keep your eyes peeled for something that appeals to you.

Signet

o
Gardeng8, Greylady & Signet

Hello!
Signet - I'd love your white astilbe! Do you have enough of the variegated Kwansa lily to split another piece off? If you do, is there something on my list to tempt you? I'll be posting the list of all the trades I've made so far. Plus I'll repost a list of my available plants.

Greylady - Do you have another white rose campion available? I love the way my pink ones self seed, and would love to have a white one!

Gardeng8 - You are welcome to one of each of the Legion, rose, lemon and nutmeg geraniums provided they take. The nutmeg and rose ones are doing really well after a couple weeks, the others are still early days. (the coleus are doing so well that I'll be taking cuttings off of my cuttings to keep them bushy). I'll set aside lilies: Latoya, Panache and a Fangio/Suncrest mystery one. I'd love some of your 'hair' allium, phaeum samobar per. geranium (if you have more), Feecey's form var. ribbon grass, lamium yellow archangel, obsidian heuchera, lime ricky heuchera, fanfare gaillardia, and two future trades, that I'll hold off on until the other cuttings perk up.

Cheers,
Heather / BlueIris3

o

Signet, you didn't miss out, I still have more! Mostly because the people who cut the grass here keep nicking one of the patches I have them, so I think they'd be a lot better off going home with you!

o
Updated List

Here's my updated list, I added some things so be sure to look it over again

Seedlings:
Chamomile
summer savory
cucumber 'straight eight'
oregano
lemon balm
lemon basil
sweet basil
thyme
genovese o comune basil
Dill
Multicoloured lupins (GardenG8)
Delphiniums. (GardenG8, Flowergirl)
Cumin
Rainbow Blend Tomatoes (Red/Purple/Yellow toms on one plant) (BlueIris)
Goji Seedlings
Asparagus Seedlings (Signet)
Kale
Stevia
cauliflower

Bulbs:
gladiola 'blue moon' x3 (BlueIris)(gone)
hyacinth mixed colours.(BlueIris, Signet) (Gone)
Astilbe 'Amethyst' (Flowergirl)(Gone)
Ranunculus x3 (GardenG8)
dinner plate dahlia x1 (Mystery Day)(BlueIris)(Gone)
Blood red amaryllis baby
Crocus Bulbs (Signet)(Gone)

Thing I Can Take Cuttings Of:
White Tree Peony
Vining Honeysuckle
Bleeding Heart-Pink
Thornless Blackberry
Hot Pink Climbing Rose
Blueberry
Seedless Green Grape
Red Currant

Other:
Asian Pear Volunteer (Signet)(Gone)
Parsley (Signet)
Garlic
lavender 'provence'

o

BlueIris3: Thank you for the trades! I still owe you 2:>]

LilacIsLove: I would be interested in your cutting of white peony tree. I have a red one but never considered taking a cutting. I will have to read up on that!

o

Signet,

My Jerusalem artichoke is Jerusalem artichoke and you can have some. It does exactly what you want it to do.

Any one of the things below would be great.
Do you have Sugar Maple seedlings? if so a couple please? if not
Thornless Blackberry - would really like
June bearing strawberry
rooted boxwood cuttings would really like
various sedums
daylilies (approximately 1000 named varieties. not all ready to be split though)
various hostas

Also, for anyone out there.
I really want to make a Succulent Container, soooooo could I trade Succulent please.
Facebook is so good for giving people ideas.

o
Lilac

Hi Lilac,
I would love a cucumber 'straight eight', and a red currant cutting if you can find some more things you like on my list. I'm about to re-post it, annotated with what's gone.
Thanks, BlueIris

o

I just wanted to update my list of "have to trade".
Bronze Leaf Canna Rhizomes
Red Flowering Dahlia Tubers-small, one growing tip.
Small 1 or more eyed Yellow Calla Lilly Bulbs
Green Leaved Canna Rhizome
Mauve Lilac division.

Palace Purple Heuchera(small division)
Hibiscus Manihot (seedling)
Bears Breeches (division)
Oenethera (evening primrose)
Variegated Solomons Seal
Blue Monkshood (division
Hardy geranium
Japanese Kerria
Pulmonaria (Lungwort) light red flowered
4" pot of Sweet Basil seedlings(about 12-15 per pot)
Small bluish/mauve Rose of Sharon saplings
I also have a couple of Tropical indoor plants that i would
like to trade including

Japanese Pandanus (variegated) 1 year old rooted offsets
Red Oleander (seedlings)

SIGNET: In an earlier post you had mentioned looking for Naked Ladies. Was it Lycoris Squamigera that you were looking for? I happen to have a few of those if that is indeed what you were after? And regarding a trade for the WHITE CALLA...A red flowering tulip bulb would be ideal but the dark purple would be fine also. Thanks.

LUCKYNES: Do you have any Leek babies still to offer?...if so please check my list and see if we can make a trade.

MERJA;I would like to trade for a piece of your LORRAINE SUNSHINE HELIOPSIS and your WOODLAND POPPY if there is something on my list that would interest you?

o
Luckynes

Hi Luckynes,
How are the following trades for you? That is a gorgeous succulent container that you posted on FB!
Cowlick Brandywine tomato for Burning bush seedlings
Marianna�s peace tomato for Bronze leaf canna
Black cherry tomato for a trailing Succulent
2nd black cherry tomato for a spiky aloe
Rosa rugosa (what colour?) for a hens and chicks (either bronze or green with red tips)
I'll try to post pictures of more sedums later.
Thanks, BlueIris3

o
RE:;; WANTED: part 2: Springbank Park, London, On, Plant Exchang

In my last post I forgot to include:

GARDENG8: I would like to trade with you for your Blue Pin Cushion flower if still available. Please check my list for anything of interest to you. Thanks. Ross.

o
My crazy long have to trade list annotated

Hello all, here is my list annotated with my trades so far. I'll post just my trades in the next post. Why is this list so crazy long you ask? Prep for the plant sale I'm planning to have! Thanks for looking, BlueIris3

Perennials:
Achillea pink yarrow
achillea 'Moonshine' yellow Yarrow (Luckynes)
achillea ptarmica The Pearl
aconitum Monkshood blue? Bicolour? Forgot to mark them
ajuga reptans burgundy leafed
alyssum montanum Luna yellow
aquilegia dark purple columbine, double white
anthemis tinctoria Marguerite Daisy yellow 18"
artemesia schmidtiana "Nana" 1 foot tall
centaurea dealbata hot pink bachelors buttons
centaurea montana perennial bachelor's buttons
clematis Else Spath lavender blue Early/Midsummer (Ross if cuttings take)
convallaria majalis lily of the valley
dicentra Bleeding heart - pink, white
doronicum Leopards Bane yellow
downy wood mint
T- Echinacea White Swan (Lilac all gone))
T- Gallium odoratum sweet woodruff
geranium blue cranesbill geranium
geranium palest blue really tall 24-30"
geranium pinky-purple cranesbill geranium
"ghost" grass, like ribbon grass but almost entirely white (Gardeng8, Luckynes)
hedera helix English ivy plain (Luckynes), or variegated
helenium Helens flower aka sneezeweed 3-4foot yellow daisy-like
heliopsis helianthoides reverted to green, or var. Lorraine Sunshine
hemerocallis 1fan each: Sweet Hot Chocolate (Gardeng8), Sammy Russell, Franz Hal, Tetrinas Daughter, Hyperion, noID spring yellow (Signet), noID double orange with burgundy throat that spreads (Signet)
hesperis matronalis Dames Roquet
heuchera coral bells burgundy leafed or plain
hieracium spilophaeum Leopard burgundy/green variegated leaves
hosta various variegated and plain, from elephant ears down to tiny 5" diameter
iris siberica blue, yellow (Greylady, Signet), or white/yellow "Butter & Sugar" (Signet)
kniphophia Yellow or orange (unmarked Signet if can divide)
lamium variegated, pink or purple flowers
leucanthemum vulgare oxeye daisies
lilium Nutmar (Flowergirl, Gardeng8, Signet all gone), French Vanilla (Gardeng8, Signet), Panache (Flowergirl, Gardeng8 all gone), Latoya (Gardeng8), Suncrest/Fangio (Gardeng8, Lilac, all gone)
linaria vulgaris wild yellow Toadflax
lychnis coronaria kitten's ears - hot pink rose campion
lysimachia nummularia chartreuse creeping jenny
lysimachia nummularia dark green creeping jenny
lysimachia punctata yellow loosestrife
monarda dwarf dark purple 16" (Gardeng8 all gone)
monarda didyma Joseph Cline red
T- nepeta racemosa Walkers Low blue (Signet)
perovskia atriplicifolia Russian sage (Flowergirl)
phlox paniculata white (possibly David), pale purple, (dark purple, hot pink, salmon (Signet), Nora Leigh (white with pink centers) - these 4 only if the cuttings take)
phlox subulata pale purple moss phlox
physostegia virginiana Royal purple obedient plant (Signet)
pulmonaria, spotted, Cherry Rose, dark leafed blue/purple
rosa hot pink climbing rose � fast climber, only blooms once but what a glory! (Signet)
sedum Autumn Joy, similar shape but taller and blue green leaves
sedum groundcover several noID, Bronze Carpet, Angelina,
sempervivum green with red tips, burgundy (Greylady)
stachys byzantina lamb's ears
T- tanacetum parthenium feverfew
tradescantia spiderwort - white Navajo Princess (Gardeng8 all gone)
veronica gentianoides light blue with darker blue veining 20" (Flowergirl)
veronica peducularis royal blue groundcover (Flowergirl)
veronica spicata ~1 foot tall medium blue (Signet all gone)
vinca periwinkle blue
viola purple violets, white with purple throat, white with pale yellow throat (Greylady)

Natives:
?? any left? achillea white yarrow
Agastache � dark blue or white (one of each Signet all gone)
alcea rugosa (?) butter yellow hollyhock with fig leaves
aster Pale blue smooth native asters
aster � 5� royal purple
Blephilia ciliata aka monarda ciliata downy wood mint � palest purple
Coreopsis lanceolata yellow coreopsis (Signet)
Coreopsis ?? 6� given to me as Tickseed yellow (Signet)
Echinacea Purple coneflower
Echinacea pallida pale purple coneflower
Erythronium americanum yellow trout/dog�s tooth lily
Eupatorium Joe Pye weed �Gateway� 5�
gaillardia blanket flower
helianthus salicifolius Willow leaf sunflower 8�-10� may need staking (everyone asks me what this is!)
T- matricaria discoidea Pineapple weed, wild chamomile
T- monarda fistulosa native purple bee balm
oenothera fruticosa subsp. glauca sundrops aka yellow evening primrose
opuntia humifusa prickly pear native cactus
penstemon digitalis Foxglove beardtongue
phlox divaritica Wild blue woodland phlox (Greylady)
physostegia virginiana White native obedient plant
polygonatum commutatum Solomon's Seal
rudbeckia ?? 2� garden variety black eyed Susans
rudbeckia nitida 7� late season needs staking if in windy area
sisyrinchium blue eyed grass (really a kind of iris) 4"
T- solidago 5� goldenrod (T- flowers)
stylophorum diphyllum yellow wood poppy
tradescantia spiderwort, blue
Virginia bluebell (Signet all gone)

Herbs: (Tea plants are preceded by a �T�)
Asian/Garlic chives (Signet)
T- Honey melon sage (annual) (Greylady, Lilac)
T- Lemon balm
T- Lemon verbena (annual � Signet if cuttings take)
T- Mint: chocolate (Luckynes), mojito (Luckynes), English, fuzzy
T- Nutmeg scented geranium (annual) (Gardeng8, Signet)
T- Rose scented geranium (annual) (Gardeng8 all gone) � is not as scented since over-wintering dried out
T- Lemon scented geranium (small pale purple flowers) (Gardeng8 all gone)
Oregano
Tarragon (Flowergirl, Luckynes)

Annuals:
Forget-me-nots
Oxeye daisies (Lilac)
Coleus Stained glassworks �Trailing Plum� (Gardeng8)
Coleus big leafed red one (Flowergirl, Gardeng8) all gone
Honey melon sage (likes some shade, late season red for hummers)
Nutmeg (Gardeng8, Signet), rose (Gardeng8 all gone) or lemon (Gardeng8 all gone) scented geranium
Legion red geranium (Gardeng8),
10 kinds of succulents � if cuttings take, I�ll get pictures up on Flickr shortly

Bulbs:
Yellow daffodils (Flowergirl)
Winter aconytes (Signet all gone)
Bronze leaf canna (Luckynes)
canna plain red
Autumn crocus (Signet all gone)

Houseplants:
Goldfish plant
Var. pothos
Mother of Millions
Hoya (if cuttings take � the kitchen is redolent, about 5 flowers in bloom!)
Many kinds of succulents as tiny cuttings

Shrubs:
Chaenomeles red flowering quince (Luckynes, Signet, all gone)
Hibiscus syriacus Rose of Sharon (tiny to 5� ones available)
White lilac � 4� (Signet all gone)
Forsythia (Gardeng8 all gone)
Burning bush seedlings (Luckynes)

Pop Cans (Signet)

Want:
anything RED, orange, or not blue-purple early season,
anything not yellow late season

o
BlueIris3's Trade List

Hello all,
Here are my recorded trades, with your item on the left and mine on the right. I'm keeping track in a table, so the formatting on GW is ugly, but my head won't explode! Please let me know if I'm missing any trades, or if I have some of them wrong. I'm leaving on a trip Wednesday so I need to sort things out soon!

Flowergirl_on - Merja
Poet�s narcissus Veronica gentianoides
Daylily Bonanza Veronica peducularis groundcover
Daylily Pandora�s box Yellow daffodils
Campanula carpatica �blue clips� Tarragon
Campanula �pink octopus� Big leafed red coleus (all gone)
Siberian iris �silver edge� Lily Nutmar
Digitalis lutea? Yellow? Lily Panache (all gone)
Alstroemeria yellow Russian sage (all gone)
LA hybrid lily pink
Daylily Ice Cap
Aster wood�s pink
I owe you three trades - I'll try to post a few more things!

Gardeng8
Variegated Solomons seal Ghost grass
Flowering almond Sweet hot chocolate daylily
Red twig dogwood Lily Nutmar
Burgundy barberry (is this rosy glow?) Lily French vanilla
Blue pincushion flower Perfecta Dwarf dark purple monarda (all gone)
**hair allium are their any left?? Navaho princess spiderwort
Korean lilac Forsythia (all gone)
Sweet pea purple Coleus big red leafed (all gone)
phaeum samobar hardy geranium Coleus stained glass plum
Feeceys Form ribbon grass (is it agresive?) Legion red geranium
Lamium yellow archangel Rose geranium (all gone)
Obsidian heuchera Nutmeg geranium
Lime ricky heuchera Lemon geranium (all gone)
Fanfare gallardia Lily Latoya
Lily panache (all gone)
Lily fangio/suncrest (all gone)
Lily French Vanilla (Did you want some of this?)

Greylady-Gardener
Corydalis lutea Viola white with yellow
Gaillardia Arizona Sun Woodland blue phlox
Tiny tears hosta Honey melon sage
b�fly bush attraction pinky purple Yellow Siberian iris
Plectranthus Mona Lavender Bronze sempervivum
Lychnis coronaria �alba� white rose campion
I owe you one trade!

LilacIsLove � Emily
Rainbow tomatoes White swan echinacea (all gone)
Dahlia: Mystery Day Honey melon sage
3 blue moon gladiolas 3 Oxeye daisies
Mixed hyacinths Suncrest/fangio lily (all gone)
Cucumber straight eight
Red currant cutting
I owe you two trades if you can find stuff on my list!

Luckynes13
Tansy Yarrow Moonshine
Black krim tomato Chocolate mint
Hawaiian pineapple tomato Mojito mint
San Marzano plum tomato Red flowering quince (all gone)
Pak choy cabbage ) Ghost grass
Heart of gold melon Tarragon
Florence fennel English ivy (plain or variegated?)
Cowlick Brandywine tomato Burning bush seedlings
Marianna�s peace tomato Bronze leaf canna
Black cherry tomato Trailing succulent
2nd black cherry tomato Spiky aloe (all gone)
Rosa rugosa (what colour?) hens and chicks either bronze or green with red tips
are these last five trades ok with you? I'll try to post pics of other sedums/indoors succulents soon.

Rosco_P - Ross
Palace Purple Heuchera? Clematis Elsa Spath cuttings (if they take)
Sweet basil seedlings (12/pot)
If you can find some stuff on my list I would also love a lavender Rose of Sharon, I keep getting given ones that are supposed to be blue from neighbours, but end up pink...

Signet
Currant (what colour?) Rosa hot pink (all gone)
Another Currant (if not spoken for) Autumn crocus (1) (all gone)
Allium purple sensation Small Virginia bluebell (all gone)
Red violet Red flowering quince (all gone)
White yarrow Asian garlic chives
White/ peach trumpet daffs Lemon verbena if cuttings take
Walking onion Royal purple obedient plant
Pink forget me not >> white ok? Salmon phlox if cuttings take
Lungwort � what colours other than Cherry rose, and regular spotted? Winter aconytes (all gone)
ever bearing strawbs (1) white lilac (all gone)
more ever bearing strawbs (if possible or Poet�s Narcissus) Siberian iris yellow
June bearing strawbs Siberian iris butter & sugar
more June strawbs No id yellow spring daylily
Violet - speckles Nutmeg geranium houseplant
Lily baby Lily Nutmar
Lily baby Lily French Vanilla
Poet�s narcissus � if you have more? Nepeta Walkers Low
Snowdrops White agastache (all gone)
Rudbeckia Irish eyes Blue agastache (all gone)
Snowdrops - if you have more? Pop cans
Seven sisters climbing pink rose Red hot poker aka Kniphophia - may have babies - will get back to you - might be yellow
Echinops blue Kari�s double orange daylily with burgundy throat
White/peach daffs - if have more? Veronica - spiky one (all gone)
Golden feverfew Coreopsis 6 foot
White astilbe Coreopsis lanceolata 18" (did you want both?)
Kwanso lily with var. leaves for ???

Thanks for the trades everyone! I'll be crazy busy potting them all up! So much awesome stuff!! Cheers, BlueIris3

o

Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 11:32

Thanks Lilac but it sounds like you are gonna dig up your hyacinths for me . I dont want you to do that ! I was only wondering if there were extras.

Rosco, I can do the red tulip or I do have some yellow ones and I have an orange yellow mix.Let me know which way you want to go please. and Yes it is Lycoris Squamigera that I would love to add here please

Will post again later gotta go !

Signet

was there a link to the facebook pic mentioned above?

o

Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 12:03

SIGNET: How about we go with a RED TULIP bulb for the WHITE CALLA and a few of the ORANGE/YELLOW TULIP bulbs for a few of the LYCORIS.Hope this is OK. Ross.

BLUEIRIS: I would be glad to have a piece of your Lorraine Sunshine Heliopsis in exchange for a Rose of Sharon sapling.

I also have a couple of small..approx.6" saplings of an
unidentified tree. I don't know whether they are pine or spruce or what? Anyone interested?

o

BlueIris:
I'll put you down for those two others. How does your hot pink rose campion and yellow toadflax suit you for trade?

GardenG8:
I've read up on taking the cuttings, and it's the same principle as just about everything. Plus mine has put on so much new growth this season already, I figured it was the perfect time! I'll put you down for it, but I'll have to get back to you about a trade, it looks like I need to re-plan the garden again!

o

Vautsi, now I had some trouble posting a message here. Said I wasn't on the right geographigal area!! Hope this will work now.

ROSS: I have 'Loraine Sunshine' and woodland poppy for you. How about Japanese Kerria and red dahlia tubers in exchange? How tall will these dahlias grow?

o
Hyacinth

No worries Signet, I have to dig them up anyway because of the location, however, I do have 8 extra bulbs, I was thinking 4 for BlueIris, And 4 for you. How does that sound?

o

Blueiris,
Sure, sounds good. And everyone else too.
Get back to you all later.

o

Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 14:13

FLOWERGIRL: Thanks for the trades Merja. The Red Dahlia I believe grows about 18"tall.I will set the Dahlia and a Kerria aside for you. Ross.

o

Gardeng8,(or anybody), I'm dividing the heucheras I got from you few years back right now. Do I need roots in every division or is the crown enough? I can't find a good answer on the web and you must have experience with this. Thanks in advance.

o
gardeng8, blueiris3 and signet

okay so I hope I have this straight--don't read for a while and you can get so far behind!! :-)

Carol, thank you for the trade of the goldrausch daisy for the blue dragon WS seedlings and the rosy glow barberry for the astilbe (and that is fine thank you very much!)

signet--thank you very much for the trade of the Jack frost brunnera and the Kwanza variegated lily for the pop
cans. I will also set aside some white rose campion for you.

blueiris3--I will set aside some white rose campion for you also.... do you still have some prickly pear cactus for trade?

I thought I was so much more careful with recording things as we went along this year, but the last couple of days have been so busy that I think it got away from me, so....if I have not acknowledged a trade or request, please let me know.

thanks for now

o

GG: On your list I don't see the trade lily 'Suncrest' babies for red peony poppy seedlings. You acknowledged it but forgot to write it down, I suppose. :)

o

ROSCO: I will put your name on 'Perfecta'blue pincushion. I would like to try your red dalia if there are any left?

BLUEIRIS3: Your list looks good to me from this end.
In answer to your questions: The barberry I have set aside for you is a larger variety. The Momma is a beauty in front of my front window!...I believe we are trading the French Vanilla lily for that one?
The 'Feecy's Form' ribbon grass is considered aggressive. I plant it in pots and use it for containers. I would advise against putting it in nice garden soil willy-nilly!

I have you marked down for hair allium also.

According to my notes, I still owe you two trades.

o
merja

thanks for the reminder. :-) I did have it written down but forgot to add it here on the list.

o
another addition

perennial alyssum--(basket of gold or gold basket--can't remember)

o

Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 17:41

GARDENG8: Thanks for the blue Pincushion trade. I will set aside a red dahlia for you.

I have a few baby large leaf Hosta to add to my list as well as Mauve Creeping Phlox.

o
Signet,, Ross, Lilac, Greylady, Gardeng8

Hi Signet, Ross, and Lilac; I like all the trades you guys have suggested in your latest posts.

Signet here is a link to the designer of the succulent container, he has lots of inspiring designs:
http://www.dustingimbelgardendesign.com/
the one Luckynes posted to FB was the ones with cascading babys tears, something with lots of thin spiky branches and filled with lots of big echeveria.

Greylady, I'll set aside some prickly pear cactus for the white rose campion. I need to get some heavy leather gloves to deal with that one! I'll find a box just for it, it has the nastiest little barbs that sting. The yellow flower is very nice, and it does dissuade critters from going to close to my new tulip tree!

Gardeng8 - I have just the spot for the Feecey's Form grass - between a parking pad and a 2 foot high planter box. Yes, the trade for the barberry is the French Vanilla lily. Do you have enough of the phaeum samobar geranium for me to get a second piece? How about the var. Solomon's seal?

Everyone - I have another fangio or suncrest lily and a couple of babies after all.

I thought I only had 5 of 6 more dandelions to pull, HA! a half garbage pail later... (a bit of that was other stuff)

o

A few more things to add to my list:
Dahlia- Arabian Nights x1
Gladiolus Acidanthera x15
White Lilac volunteer (Small)

o
lilac

Is there anything on my list that you would take for your ' Arabian nights ' dahlia?

o
blueiris3.

thanks for the prickly pear cactus. I got one last year that has two pads, but no spines. Not sure until I look it up, who I got it from--(lilac or daldak??) anyway wasn't sure if it was going to get spines when it 'grew up' or not. :-) are there different types? I have four small cement planters across the front porch that are in full hot sun and finally decided to give in and plant some things that I hope will do well there--sedums, sempervivums, and prickly pear cactus--will it do well in that situation? I was going to take the one from last year and move it into one of the planters also.

o

Signet
Here is the Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/TheSucculentPerch
Don't look at it.

o

Greylady, how would the red peony poppies suit you in trade for the dahlia 'arabian nights'?

GardenG8, would you be willing to trade your sweet pea-bijou mix for the tree peony?

Signet, I was reading back and saw you wanted some stevia plants. I've got some if you're still looking.

I think that's all the loose ends so far, but if I forgot anything, please let me know.

o
Greylady - Prickly Pear

Hi Greylady, Apparently there are several plants known as Prickly pear, but the one I've got has long barbs that are fairly easy to avoid, and tiny little ones with hooks on them that really sting and are hard to extract! They are edible if you know how to peel them, in Latin America and Italy they are well loved as food. They will do very well in a hot sunny location, that's where mine are, on clay soil in a spot with blazing afternoon sun. Just make sure they are not anywhere near a pathway or you will be cursed loudly by anyone who has a run in with them. :-)

o

I uploaded some pictures to Flickr. Here is the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Merja's pictures

o
confirming trades and some addtions to my swap list

Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 23:53

Roscoe, confirming the trade of the red tulip for the white calla and a few of the orange/yellow tulips for the Naked Ladies. Thanks so much! I would be interested in your unknown pine/spruce tree seedlings .....maybe you will see something in the additonal offerings below.

BlueIris - How about we trade chocolate boneset(eupatorium rugosum)for the varigated Kwanza daylily? Let me know if this works for you please.Oh and wondering if we can change up our trade. I was able to dig up some large clumps of bluebells today after the bday party and so would like to give someone else an opportunity to have the bluebell trade . Instead can we do dicentra Bleeding heart - pink or white ? and I am changing your forget me not to white.

Lilacislove- if you are sure you are willing to part with the hyacinths I would love them . What would you like in trade please? I just didnt want you to eliminate them from your garden on my behalf so if these are extras I really appreciate them. I would love to try some of your acidanthera .....maybe there is something in the additions to my swap availables at the end of this post that would interest you in trade.

Luckynes, I am setting aside a few rooted boxwood cuttings and the thornless blackberry for you . I picked up some maple seedlings today but dont know if they are sugar maple or not( they have wilted some so will soak overnight and plant and see how they go) . Let me know if you are interested please.They have a true maple leaf so I know they are not Manitoba Maples which as it turns out are not maples at all.

Merja.....sorry to be taking so long to let you know about the lily bulbs but we have still not had any rain here and the plants are on hold till we do it seems. (or maybe if it warms up ) but just letting you know I havent forgotten you .

SWAP AVAILABLES UPDATE:

Giant Reed Grass
Porcupine Grass
Corydalis Mauve ( a few bulbs)
1 Hosta "Hanky Panky"
Perennial orange poppy (single and double)
bamboo division ( unknown variety)NOTE: It is not Japanese Knotweed!
Euonymous alata ( number of rooted divisions)
Wild Leeks
Iris dark purple (unknown name)
Iris historical mauve

probably more to come

Signet

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 1:15

Luckynes, sorry the link didnt work for me brought me to facebook but there was no succulent image there .

Merja - yes , my plant is Phuopsis stylosa Creeping Crosswort (Caucasian Crosswort) I will put some aside for you . How about digitalis lutea or your digitalis cross (if you have a plant ) in trade . If not Alstromeria would work too . Let me know please. Thanks

Lilacislove ...would LOVE LOVE LOVE some stevia ( are these seedlings or actual plants ..just curious as I dont seem to have great luck with seedlings conditions here are too harsh I guess) and this year so far is looking like we will be having problems with drought AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also , did I ask you about your kale ? I would love some of it please. (If I already asked ignore this if I didnt , then I would really love some LOL! )

Blueiris . your link brought me to the main page but when I tried clicking on the subpages they were empty of images.

Blueiris ...I would love to try either of your lilies please .

GardenG8 - have you found anything on my list that interests you . Note I have added a few more items to my availables in my last post and a few more just below.

MORE AVAILABLES:

Crown of thorns

Salix integra "Hakuro Nishiki " willow cuttings ( if they root )upright shrub grows 4'x4' . Pink,white, and green foliage through the season.

Peace Lily

Tropical Ginger

1 hellebore

Persicaria amplexicaulis 'Firetail' aka Mountain Fleece flower

Daylily " Bonanza 1954"
Daylily " Rocket City"
Daylily " Unidentified Flying Object
Daylily " Pink Damask"
Daylily " Concorde Nelson"
Daylily " Bitsy"
Daylily " Purple Waters"

2 different color vincas - regular purple and reddish purple

Turtlehead

Signet

o

Hi Signet,
It's no trouble about the hyacinth, I do have extras, so it's all good!
The stevia are seedlings but I started them back in Febuary, and start hardening them off in mid May for you. You haven't asked about the kale yet, but I'll put it aside for you with the acidanthera.
Would it be ok to trade them for:
Somniferum poppy pink peony
Larkspur
Hosta "Hanky Panky"
Daylily " Pink Damask"

o
RE: swap with lilac

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 2:45

Hi Lilac

all are a go with the exception of the somniferum poppy pink peony. These self seed and we have had no rain to speak of here since the start of spring . without it they may not germinate . If they do of course you are more than welcome to some.Just to be sure I am not talking thru my hat , I will check the gardens and get back to you on those within the next day or so OK . Thanks once again for another trade.

Signet

o
signet

Hi signet, I am interested in your Corydalis Mauve ( a few bulbs). Is there something on my list that you would take for it? I hope to get out this week and am not sure what else may show up on my list.
:-)

o

BLUEIRIS3: Confirming trade and putting your name on the Phaem Samobor geranium(gone now)and the variegated soloman's seal. Thanks!

LILAC: Thanks for the trade of white tree peony cutting for newly planted sweet pea 'Bijou mix'

GREY LADY GARDENER: I would be interested in your basket of gold alyssum. Is there anything else from my list that you might like?

Signet: I would be interested in the helebore and one of each of your daylily's listed in the latest post?
Also, not sure if you noticed on page one about the trade for Jack Frost and daffodils?

UP FOR TRADE: just discovered a 2' red leaved maple sapling if anyone is interested.

o

Signet can I have porcupine grass
Daylily " Bonanza 1954"

Daylily " Unidentified Flying Object
Please

o
blueiris3 and merja

your pictures are beautiful and a nice treat to look at on such a gloomy day.

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 16:22

SIGNET:Would you have any of the PORCUPINE GRASS left as a trade for the 3 Pine/Spruce saplings? Thanks. Ross.

o

GG: Thank you very much, Lois!

SIGNET: I have a digitalis lutea for you in exchange for some Phuopsis stylosa Creeping Crosswort. Sorry, I have only one plant of the cross so far. But now you can join me in this hybridizing effort. I will post a picture of this cross I have on Flickr. Thank you for the trade.

ROSS: Would you have a pic of this baby large leaf hosta you have?

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 19:15

MERJA: Sorry but I do not have a picture of this. My neighbour passed these along to me this weekend as they were thinning the bed that they came from. Is there a certain type you were looking for? These babies could either be plain or variegated as they have both in this area and they are quite a big leaf when mature.Ross.

o
Signet

Hi Signet,

The chocolate boneset is yours for the Kwanza daylily, as is the pink bleeding heart (for the Purple Sensation Alliums).

I have a few questions for you!
What colour are your currants?
What colours of lungwort do you have other than Cherry rose and regular spotted?
Which coreopsis would you like? the 6 foot one or the 18 inch one? or both?

I would like some of your variegated Salix integra "Hakuro Nishiki" for my mystery lily that is either suncrest or fangio. How about a tropical ginger for 3 of my s/f lily babies?

o
Luckynes

Hi Nes,
Thanks for the trades! What colour is your rosa rugosa?
BlueIris3

o

ROSS: I would love to have a variegated big leaf hosta. I like showy ones. Maybe you can tell in the month if you got some variegated ones?

o
Greylady

Thanks! Around January every year I go through my pictures jonesing for some colour, and not quite believing that things will be lush and full of blooms in a few months. It's great to get a useful quantity of rain today, it's been so dry. I got loads of houseplants and cuttings re-potted today, and another handful of perennials potted up for the neighbourhood association fundraiser. Cheers, BlueIris3

o
Blueiris and Rosco_p and gardeng8 and luckynes

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:23

Hi Blueiris , I wrote to you about the currants on a previous post. I am unable to tell you the color . These are bird volunteers and are 2 years old . That is all the info I can give you . My bushes are always robbed of berries by the birds however , they do give back and these plants are a result . It is difficult to tell color by the leaves but I will take the plants over to my plants and try to determine for you tomorrow.

I have a spotted leafed pink lungwort and a plain leafed cherry lungwort and just last year I added a white but not sure if it is able to be split yet.

As for the coreopsis ,I would love both if possible if not then the 6 foot one please.

I will keep you informed of the progress of the Hakuro Nishiki willow . Not sure if they will root in time for the swap but I am hopeful as they are willows. If they take then yes I would love to trade for your mystery lily. I would love trade you a tropical ginger for 3 of your s/f lily babies please.

Thanks for the confirmed swap of the Kwanza varigated daylily for the choc. boneset and the pink bleeding heart for the purple sensation allium

Ross I will check tomorrow to see how if I can spare another division of the porcupine grass before I agree to the swap .

Gardeng8, confirming all the plants mentioned above.

Luckynes, I can give you daylily Bonanza for leeks ,Porcupine grass for snowpeas, Couple of boxwood for Jerusalem artichoke ,Thornless blackberry for garlic, I dont have anymore daylily UFO to offer but could give you daylily Pink Damask for pak choy. Let me know if this works for you.
Signet

o
signet and another possible addition

Hi signet, just wondered if you saw the above post regarding a trade for your mauve corydalis. :-)

I will probably have a small forsythia volunteer(it flowered this spring)

o
Signet & Ross

Hi Signet,
Sorry I missed your earlier post about the currants! I'm fine with whatever kind, just curious, please don't bother comparing leaves. I would love some of your spotted leaf pink lungwort for my winter aconytes. I'll set aside both coreopsis for you, they are very different but both really nice yellows. I hope the var. willow takes, it looks great on google images. That's strange that the succulent container's designer's website loads but won't show you the pictures! Have you tried entering his name and the word containers into google? that might get you there, worth a try.

Hi Ross,
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Elsa Spath clematis cuttings I took a whole bunch and after a couple weeks just over half look like they are taking. Fingers crossed!!!

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:51

Greylady, I didnt responds cuz you said you might have other items coming on your list. Thanks for the offer of the forsythia but I have about 20 rooted cuttings in my pot ghetto ....all about 2 years old now .

Signet

o
greylady

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 20:54

Greylady, would you have a rooted cutting of Prairie Travellers Joy clematis . I have lost the one you gave me , it didnt come back :?( I would consider that for the mauve corydalis if you like.

Signet

o
signet (again)

lol! sorry, I was just adding that forsythia to my list.

I do have a nicely rooted and potted up piece of the prairie traveller's joy, and I will put your name on it for the mauve corydalis.
thank you. :-)

o
corydalis mauve for prairie travellers joy!

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 21:36

wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much !

Signet

o
wanted : species tulip

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 21:39

Hi all , does anyone have any species tulips to share . I saw some yesterday where I got the bluebells and fell in love ! they are tiny and are reddish with a yellow stripe or vice versa (not sure which way you would say the colors go) If you do have some to share please let me know what you might like in trade .

Thanks
Signet

o

Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 22:02

MERJA: I will watch the baby Hostas closely and if a variegated one shows up it will have your name on it. Ross

BLUEIRIS: I also hope that you have success with the Elsa Spathe. I would love to have one...but if not I am sure we can work out another suitable trade. Thanks. Ross.

SIGNET: Thanks for checking out the grass for me, but not to worry if you cannot divide anymore...we will work another trade. Ross.

o

Tue, May 1, 12 at 16:29

Hi Ross, did I say if I could divide it , I didnt mean that exactly , it really isnt a matter of dividing as I did that last fall . I am waiting and watching for new growth on the divisions . I dont want to promise only to find out the divisions didnt make it . We had a somewhat decent rain overnight so I am hoping the new shoots will show themselves shortly

Darn frost hit the astilbe so now I have to wait to see if more new growth will show up . Boy this has been a rough year here with bitter cold then hot then nasty frosts at night after leaves have come out . The hosta ,iris, and daylilies have all been hit , now the astilbes . Then no rain for at least a month here . Mothernature can cut this crap out any time now .Things are growing but are under stress for sure

Adding a few more to my availables:

Golden Hops
scotch moss (1 trade)
possibly some european coltsfoot
Lamb's Ears
small division of Pennyroyal

Signet

o

SIGNET; Thanks for the update. I hope you get the new growth shoots you are looking for. I sympathize with you about the frost; it hit my Japanese Maple and it looks somewhat pitiful at the moment. It really can do a number on the new young growth!

o

Tomatoes- all Heirloom
Cowlick Brandwine tomatoes BlueIris3 for Burning bush seedlings
Marianna's peace tomato BlueIris3 for Bronze leaf canna
green zebra tomato Merja
black cherry tomato flowergirl for a peony, and BlueIris3 Trailing succulent
black Krim Tomato flowergirl for a Japanese quince (still have more Tomatoes) Blueiris3 or Chocolate mint
purple cherokee tomato
San Marzano Blueiris3 for Red Flowering Quince

Eggplant -all Heirloom
Black beauty
coya kumbra
fenyuan

wormwood
ribbon grass
gojiberry
raspberry
Hearts of Gold melon seedlings Blueiris3 for tarragon
catnip
a rosa rugusa , BlueIris3 for small hens and chicks either bronze
sunflower
De Golde Tobacco plants
may have some oriental blue seed poppies, they are planted but have not sprouted yet
red canna lily bulbs
Jerusalem artichokes signet for Couple of boxwood
garlic signet Thornless blackberry
walking onions
bunching onions
leeks babies Rosco for....Signet for daylily Bonanza
pak choy Blueiris3 for ghost grass Sinet for daylily Pink Damask
florence fennel blueiris3 for English ivy plain
snow peas 2 in big coffee cups Signet for ,Porcupine grass

I owe Garden8 for yucca and bloodroot.

I will post more later this week
Signet the garlic is divided and potted up and I dug up some jerusalem artichoke for you and it looks all good.
let me know any errors.

o
Lilacislove

Lilac, just to let you know , I was weeding today and came across some small Poppy Somniferum . I have potted up about 5 or 6 for you . Hope that they take (being annuals it can be tricky) and grow between now and the swap .

Signet

o
one more addition

one container with two WS seedlings of pink fig leafed hollyhock.

o

Hi GG, I would be interested in your fig leaved hollyhock, if anything interests you on my list.

- tall phlox, white
- Lamb's Ears
- Alstroemeria, yellow
- Purple lamium (1)
- Pink lamium (1)
- Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue'
- LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
- LA hybrid lily (?), pink
- digitalis lutea
- sedum kamtschaticum, stonecrop
- 3 different NOID hostas, one is blue, one maybe undulata
- Siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
- Siberian iris 'Butter and Sugar'
- Siberian iris, NOID reddish purple
- Siberian iris, purple
- Bleeding Heart, pink
- Shasta Daisy
- Aquilegia vulgaris, pink
- Peony, bright pink
- Peony 'Duchesse de Nemours' (1)
- Peony, carmine red or magenta (1)
- Campanula persicifolia, white
- Campanula carpatica 'Blue Clips'
- Campanula Pink Octopus (1)
- Japanese anemone 'Pamina'
- Japanese anemone, pink
- echinacea
- Black-eyed Susan
- Red monarda, Beebalm
- Spiderwort, blue
- heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine'
- variegated kalimeris incisa
- ladybells, invasive
- aster 'Wood's Pink'
- Poet's narcissus
- Grape hyacinth, blue
- catnip
- lemon balm
- cervil (annual, reseeds easily)
- tropical houseplant ledebouria socialis 'Silver Squill'(1)
- Daylilies:
Frans Hals
Kwanzo
Sammy Russell
Mauna Loa
Pandora's Box
Children's Festival
Bonanza
tall yellow NOID
Prague Spring
Ice Cap

Seedlings:

- Campanula persicifolia, blue
- Blue Monkshood (1 yr seedlings)
- LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg' babies
- LA hybrid lily, pink babies
- Tiger lily babies
- lily babies NOID but looks like LA hybrid 'Suncrest' (1 trade)
- Japanese Quince seedling (1)

Merja

o

Signet, Thanks, I appreciate that!

To everyone, I have a balloon flower bulb to trade/give. I got it as a free bonus with a bulb order, and I don't have a place for it!

o

A few things to add:

- Gloriosa Daisy
- Campanula glomerata, Clustered bellflower, white (2)
- Hosta 'Twist of Lime' (1)
- Hosta 'Golden Tiara'
- Purplish pink tall phlox

I'm clearing my area of white tall phlox and purple and pink lamium in the couple of days. If nobody wants them, I will be throwing them out. So if anybody wants them, let me know soon.

o
lilac

Did I ever confirm the red peony poppy seedlings for the dahlia 'Arabian Nights'?

o
merja

do you have any more LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg' babies left? If so could I have them for the hollyhock seedlings?

o

GG: I have LA Hybrid lily Iceberg for the hollyhock seedlings. Thank you for the trade.

o
gardeng8

I just realized that I haven't answered you about the perennial alyssum. I will put your name on it. Do you have any fanfare gaillardia left?

o
merja.

thanks, merja! :-)

o
Lilac, Flowergirl, Rosco

Wed, May 2, 12 at 17:42

Hi Lilac , I am interested in your bellflower please unless you have promised it to someone else. What would you like in trade. I havent listed everything on my list so tell me what you might like and if I have it , it is yours.

Flowergirl. I am interested in your Campanula glomerata, Clustered bellflower What might you like in trade I have tried to hold off on asking for these in case someone else wanted them but I dont see anyone asking for them so I am interested in your Alstroemeria, yellow . Please let me know what you would like in trade. Also I cant seem to find a post saying I am interested in your siberian irises especially the reddish purple one. Did we discuss this already LOL! I cant remember .

Rosco, confirming trade of Porcupine grass for unknown pine type tree seedlings.

Signet

o

Greylady, I believe you did, or atleast, I have it written down!

Signet, It's still available! I'm particularly looking for sage/salvias or begonias. Do you by any chance have either of these?

o

Wed, May 2, 12 at 19:06

Lilac, I can give you either a division of rose salvia or or a purple one called "May Night" . Let me know which one interests you .

Signet

o

Just trying to organize a bit :-)

I hope that I have all the trades organized and properly recorded. Please let me know if I have missed anything.

vining honeysuckle-decent sized volunteer(well rooted and potted up
butterfly bush***blueiris***(yellow siberian iris)
gaillardia Arizona sun**WS seedlings**--blueiris(viola-white/pale yellow)
gaillardia Arizona sun **WS seedlings**-merja(silver squill) **gaillardia seedlings now gone**
garlic chives--signet(poet's narcissus)**GONE**
basil 'minnette'-small container with two sturdy seedlings
naked/pregnant onions-pot with six or seven small bulbs
purple millet-x2--Ross**GONE**
corydalis lutea-Ross(kerria)
corydalis lutea--blueiris(wild blue phlox)
corydalis lutea--gardeng8 **corydalis now gone**
hosta 'tiny tears'--blueiris(honey melon sage)**GONE**
hosta NOID--pic available-looks like it could be Fortunei Albopicta
pepper 'Alma paprika'--2 available- taller well established seedlings
pepper 'fish'--1 available �couple of inches tall and already showing variegation.
pepper�habanero�one available
plectranthus 'mona lavender'�merja & blueiris3 **GONE**
peony poppy 'red'-WS pot of seedlings�merja (suncrest lily baby) lilac (dahlia Arabian nights)**GONE**
comfrey--Nes(butterfly weed)
WS seedlings (4 per pot) blue dragon-dracocephalum ruyschianum---ross & gardeng8 **GONE**
Astilbe chinensis 'Finale'�gardeng8 (barberry �rosy glow�)
Liatris 'punctata'--one small plant
rosemary--one pot with three seedlings�Ross (bronze leafed canna )**GONE**
rooted coleus cuttings
perennial alyssum �basket of gold --gardeng8
WS pink fig leafed hollyhock seedlings--merja(LA hybrid iceberg lily baby)**GONE**
lychnis coronaria alba--blueiris(prickly pear cactus)signet

**NEW**
Convolvulus tricolor 'Ensign Mixed'--one 4" pot WS seedlings

o

Hi Signet, I think I like the rose salvia, thanks!

o
one more swap for the list

clematis Prairie traveller's joy--signet (mauve corydalis)

o

SIGNET: Thanks for the confirmation. I have the tree saplings aside for you.

Is anyone interested in variegated VINCA vine. Nice plant but if you don't keep an eye on it watch out!!

o

Wed, May 2, 12 at 23:37

Hi Rosco_p . Yup I am interested in your varigated vinca . I used to have some ...its not here anymore for some reason .I guess I managed to kill it or the clay soil did but I would like to try again . Let me know what you might like in trade.

Graylady . I owe you a trade for the white lychnis .Let me know what you are looking for Can you let me know where you got your seeds for the blue dragon-dracocephalum ruyschianum and did your extra 2 butterfly bush cuttings not make it?I see you dont have them listed anymore.

signet

o

ROSS: Let me know if you spot a variegated hosta, so we can arrange a trade.

GG: I would be interested in your NOID hosta, if you find anything on my list you like.

SIGNET: First I want to say that we discussed the siberian irises on the e-mails...that's why you can't find it here. :) I sent you a pic of the 'reddish purple' iris and it turned out that my memory wasn't very good, it was really just purple.
Here is a list of what I am bringing for you so far:
- Japanese iris
- LA hybrid lily, pink
- LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
- LA hybrid lily 'Suncrest'
- peony 'Duchesse de Nemours'
- peony, bright pink
- peony, magenta
- siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
- siberian iris 'Butter and Sugar'
- siberian iris, purple (bigger flower)
- Japanese anemone 'Pamina'
- digitalis lutea
- alstroemeria, yellow
- campanula glomerata, white
I said I'll bring all the varieties of siberian irises...did you want the common smaller flowered purple one also or not?
From you so far:
- yellow daffodils
- white with peach trumpet daffodils
- Japanese iris, mauve
- phuopsis stylosa, Creeping Crosswort
- 8 different lilies (re: e-mail)
Is your red perennial poppy still available?

o

Greylady Gardener: Confirming Fanfare gaillardia for yellow perennial alyssum. Thanks Lois!

o
signet and merja

SIGNET: do you have any more poet's narcissus? I am trying to make a nice show in my newly revamped front porch garden, and would love some more in trade for the lychnis alba.
I took the butterfly bushes off the list until they look more like they are going to actually make it. They are still very firmly attached in the soil when given a tug, but they are not showing any signs of growth. I figured if they suddenly start, then I would put them back on.
The seeds for the blue dragon originally came from "The Sample Seed Shop". (good prices-and cheap shipping) and I have had good success with all the seeds from there. I do have seeds for it if you are interested I would be happy to plant some for you and see if they sprout before the swap.--let me know :-)

MERJA: Do you have any more poet's narcissus? I would love it in ex for the hosta, if you do--let me know--thanks. :-)

o

GG: I do have more Poet's narcissus for your hosta. Thank you for the trade.

o
Greylady , Flowergirl

Thu, May 3, 12 at 10:53

Greylady, I would love it if you were to sow some blue dragon seeds for me please. I can trade you more Poet's Narcissus if you like. I hope everyone realizes just how quickly these plants increase . You may want to choose something else .Just as an example, I started some little clumps of three all along the path of my circle garden two years ago . They are now clumps of about 8 or9 plants . So forwarned is forarmed! If your buttterfly bush cuttings do take please keep me in mind for one please. (if noone else wants any and both take , I would be interested in both )

Flowergirl, Thanks for the reminder about the sib.iris . I didnt remember we had talked about it in the email and I searched and searched these messages , couldnt find anything and thought I was losing it . LOL! Yes, I am interested in the sib iris with the little bloom too please. Thanks .

I am going to try to dig out the red perennial poppy . I have a feeling it isnt going to be easy but I will try .

Signet

o

Have a couple more plants to offer

Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum)

Helianthus (Wood Sunflower)

Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus)

Nes

o
merja and signet

Thank you merja! :-)The hosta already has your name on it.

signet, I am hoping the poet's narcissus will make a nice border in the front of the garden. I took the one's I got from you last year and broke them up into three clumps of just a few each and put them between some of the sedum clumps. Now I need to fill in the rest.

I planted the seeds this morning when I read your message, but am just saying now as I had to run out for a bit. I put them outside, as I WS the first batch so these should be fine also.

I will definitely keep an eye on the butterfly bush cuttings and let you know what happens.

o
anyone interested in....

mirabilis longiflora?? I am about to sow some seeds for this and wondered if anyone else would like me to put a few in a pot for them. :-)

o

A few more to add:

- NOID hosta, green with yellow edges (pic available, now available for all 3 NOID hostas)
- digitalis purpurea, common foxglove (2 trades)
- daylily 'Chloe'
- rose seedling (in front of a pink rose bush but a red one close by), 65 cm tall
- white Bleeding Heart (1)

The siberian iris with bigger purple flowers has a name now. It wasn't mislabelled after all. The name is 'Ruffled Velvet.

o
and another addition

paper birch--sown from seed a few years ago (approx 2008?).
It has been in a pot ever since and a couple of summers ago the main stem died because in the heat I forgot to water it. :-(
Anyway, it now has three smaller stems (tallest one is approx 12")coming up from the base and is looking fine.

o
flowergirl and greylady

Thu, May 3, 12 at 16:50

Merja

..I am interested in your daylily 'Chloe'
but am curious as to what color it is . Chloe is one of the ones that has been sold as one thing but is another . So interested to know if the description matches the registered info.

also interested in your white Bleeding Heart (1)if no one else is interested .

Greylady - Ok will pot up more PN for you

Signet

o

SIGNET: Interesting, I didn't know there was a colour thingy with Chloe. Mine is reddish/yellow, but AHS says the colour is orange light polychrome with halo. So if you still want it, I write that down + white bleeding heart.

o

Greylady: I would like to trade you for your Birch tree if possible. I would like to use it as a bonsai. If there is something on my list that you would be interested in?? Ross.

o
signet and Ross

Thank you signet. I just love the pot's narcissus that flowered this year and look forward to many more next year. :-)

Ross I will bring the paper birch for you. I can't remember if your hibiscus manihot is still available or not, but if so, I would love to trade for that.

o

Lois: I will set aside a Hibiscus Manihot for you. Thanks for the trade. Ross.

o
looking for .......

Hi , just wondering if anyone has any grapes or grape cuttings ?

Also looking for varigated iris . Anyone have any ?Let me know and if you do what you might like in trade .

Signet

o

Signet,

I have 3 or four grape vines, Why? I have not taking cuttings from them ever? do you want me to try?
so new things to my list

Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum)

Helianthus (Wood Sunflower)

Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus)

can take cutting from grapevines maybe

A bright yellow iris

I could spare a few other colours too.

Tomatoes- all Heirloom
Cowlick Brandwine tomatoes BlueIris3 for Burning bush seedlings
Marianna's peace tomato BlueIris3 for Bronze leaf canna
green zebra tomato Merja
black cherry tomato flowergirl for a peony, and BlueIris3 Trailing succulent
purple cherokee tomato
San Marzano Blueiris3 for Red Flowering Quince

Eggplant -all Heirloom
Black beauty
coya kumbra
fenyuan

wormwood
ribbon grass
gojiberry
raspberry
Hearts of Gold melon seedlings Blueiris3 for tarragon
catnip
a rosa rugusa , BlueIris3 for small hens and chicks either bronze
sunflower
De Golde Tobacco plants
red canna lily bulbs
Jerusalem artichokes signet for Couple of boxwood
garlic signet Thornless blackberry
walking onions
bunching onions
leeks babies Rosco for....Signet for daylily Bonanza
pak choy Blueiris3 for ghost grass Sinet for daylily Pink Damask
florence fennel blueiris3 for English ivy plain
snow peas 2 in big coffee cups Signet for ,Porcupine grass

I owe Garden8 for yucca and bloodroot.

o

Luckynes,

I have potted up 3 boxwood cuttings for our trade of boxwood for Jerusalem artichoke . (you do know these are small right ?) they are one season old so about 3 or 4 inches tall ) Is that a good number for you? If you want more boxwood , I would be interested in more Jerusalem artichoke (assuming a trade is one root.)

May I ask what colors of iris you have please? and I am interested in your Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum) What might you take in trade for that ?Also Black Hollyhock? How are your poppies(blue seed) coming along ?

I would love the grape cuttings but wont ask you to take cuttings if you are not sure how to . I dont want to be responsible if they were to die because you took cuttings. The cuttings are usually from pruning the vines and I am not knowledgeable enough to say when the proper time to take prune grapes is I'm afraid.

I have a yucca to offer as well if anyone is interested otherwise it goes on the compost this year. No trade necessary

Gotta go .

Signet

o
Greylady

I would love if you would start some Mirabilis longiflora for me ....poet's narcissus in trade ????????????? LOL ! or something else?

Signet

o
Luckynes

What are bunching onions ????? how are they different from walking onions?

Signet

o

Signet, I'd love your yucca plant. A friend of mine is looking for them. How about I trade you the pop cans for it?

o
signet

lol! thanks signet, but I think I have enough poet's narcissus to finish the border of the garden (for now anyway ;-) )
Would you have any of the primula--cerise with the yellow eye? If so, I would like to trade for that, thanks.

(I have the seeds already planted for you)--they should pop in a couple of days

o

ignet,
Signet,
I guess the correct term for bunching onions is potato or multiplier onions. I tend to call them bunching onions because they crow in a bunch.
They are better than walking onions because you can use them for more things and once you plants them, and if you don't use all of the bulbs you will always have more.
I love them.
I have set aside 5 tubers of Jerusalem artichokes in 2 pots for you, and you can have more. I will trade you more for more boxwood.
As for the irises, If you are on Facebook, I will show you pictures. I will get back to you on names. Maybe blueIris3 will help me out.and the Black Hollyhock too. What do you still have to trade?

o
addition

found a small virginia bluebell a ways away from the mother plant. I haven't dug it but will try it if someone is interested.

o

forgive my spelling in the last post, I had eaten anything all day. That is my excuse.

Signet,
we can trade for the highbush Cranberry too
Nes

o
confirming......

Fri, May 4, 12 at 19:46

greylady...confirming primrose cerise with yellow eye.

Luckynes , thanks for the extra Jerusalem artichokes. I will pot up more boxwood for you. I am not on facebook and dont want to join it , so cant see your pics unfortunately .

I do have a few creeping sedums that might interest you . (names are unknown on most) .
I have a varigated upright sedum ( light yellow/green and dark green)
I have some euphorbia with bright greeny yellow tops.
I have golden hops (have I listed this before ?)
I have Herb Robert

To the people I offered Crocosmia to in trade. Can you please pick something else . It seems this winter was not good for the bulbs. I have tried digging to find some and (they should have been showing by now ) and they are soft and mushy .I am guessing because the ground never froze and the clay held too much water . It was a nice clump too ......now I have to start from scratch again. It seems I also lost some of my heucheras , and tiarella and my labrador violets to

Lilac, the yucca is yours ! Yay! I found a home for it !(I am a happy camper cuz I hate composting stuff)

Flowergirl, Yes, I still would like the "chloe" daylily please. These ones that get sold as other plants intrique me . I try to figure out who exactly they are and over time sometimes I do. Either way it is more genetic material to consider during hybridizing.

Signet

o
signet

thanks for the confirmation of the primula for the mirabilis longiflora seedlings.

o

Signet,

I already have golden hops growing in my backyard.
What kind of euphorbia do you have, a picture any where?
I added a link so maybe you can pinpoint the name of the succulents you have? Please.
I would like the Herb Robert.
I love herbs too.
I have a tea/herb garden that I am very proud of.

so far our trades are
snow peas 2 in big coffee cups for Porcupine grass
pak choy for ghost grass
leeks for for daylily Bonanza
Jerusalem artichokes for Couple of boxwood
garlic for Thornless blackberry
Highbush Cranberry (Viburnum trilobum )
Black Hollyhock
I have at least 3 of kinds irises
the yellow
a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
and one that has a red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip

Here is a link that might be useful: the succulent garden nursery

o
Luckynes

Sat, May 5, 12 at 11:06

First, sorry to have to make a correction but I dont have Ghostgrass so our trade as far as I am aware is Pac Choy for Pink Damask.

Now , in regards to your email to me, so sorry to hear about your husbands illness , tell me your husbands favourite color and I will pick a daylily in that color to trade to you. I have too many to list and I need to go out and see what has increased enough to split anyway.

I am interested in trading for your highbush cranberry please.

I would also be interested in your iris....

1)a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
2.) red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip .

As for the sedums I have , from your site link , one is positively id'd as sedum acre, one as Sedum sexangulare , I do have Sedum Bull's Blood, I will email you some pics of a few of the others and a pic of the euphorbia.

Signet

o

Signet, I told my friend about the Yucca, and she is ridiculously excited about it! It was actually kind of funny XD

o
lilac

Sat, May 5, 12 at 13:26

Hi Lilac,

here is a link to what it looks like . it is not the fat fleshy one with the huge spikes but the thin leaved sort of spikey one but is perennial. Hope that she is still excited when she sees the pic.
http://www.lambley.com.au/search/content/yucca recurvifolia

I cannot grow them well here the ground has too much clay .
signet

o

Signet, no worries, that's what she wants. Apparently she's been looking everywhere for them. I'm glad it's going to find a suitable home XD

o

canna lilies

If you want any canna lilies speak up now or I am planting them all in the ground in the next 2 days. Maybe in the backyard, by the birdhouse.

Nes

o
who was it .......

Mon, May 7, 12 at 12:42

that had a white lilac to trade. I have traded for one but would love another . Contact me and let me know what you might like in trade.

Luckynes , did you see my post to you above ?

Signet

o

I had a white lilac to trade, but it seems someone came along last night took it. Now all I have is the little volunteer! So I'm afraid the lilac is off the table.

o

Mon, May 7, 12 at 13:59

Lilac , WEll that's a fine "how do you do !" isnt it What nice neighbors you have! For goodness sake dont leave the keys in your car ! LOL!

Not to worry I will find one someplace .

Signet

o

Yes Sugnet,
Thanks for correction-Pac Choy for Pink Damask.
Thank you for offering my husband a lily. He is thinking what hsi favorite colour would be. We had dentist and doctors to see there was worry and fretting about both..
I will set aside the irises and the highbush cranberry for you
I have not potted them up, but I will.
Did you want the yellow iris too
The euphorbia. sounded real interesting, I would like to see pictures, but would be happy with anything you have to offer.
Right now I am hardening my plants off, and I have to bring them back inside, I think it stopped rainy.

Nes

o

SIGNET, I have a trade with you already for a white lilac...I may have more smaller white ones that I will bring along. The smell is fantastic on the whites! No trade is necessary as you are sharing your beloved daylilies with me!

LUCKYNES: Do you have any other iris availabe for trade. I'd be interested in them if you do.

Oh and the red maple sapling is not a red maple after all....jeesh!

o

Gardeng8

I have more Iris to share what would you like?
the yellow
a bluish purple with a yellow centre.
and one that has a red top purple/blue sides, with a yellow/white lip
If they start to flower before the trade I will tell the colours of the others.

o
a few more tradeables & flowergirl

Mon, May 7, 12 at 21:03

deep purple iris with mauve beards - IB iris
phlox paniculata - white with pink center
Phlox paniculata - cherry red

Flowergirl. I have searched all over here . I cant find a penstemmon that might have blue flowers . In fact I believe the only penstemmon I have every had here is Penstemon "huskar's red" which has a white flower . Are you sure it was me you talked to about this . I dont remember trading for it. I even searched the posts from last years swap . Couldnt find any reference to it . Could it have been Bev you spoke to about it ?

Signet

o
A thank you

Mon, May 7, 12 at 21:11

I hit send before I realized that I hadnt said
"thank you " to gardeng8 for the offer of other small white lilac seedlings. I would absolutely love them !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the offer

Luckynes , I am interested in your iris as well please.

Signet

o

LUCKYNES: I am interested in one of each of the three types of Iris that you described above. They all sound so lovely!

SIGNET: I am also interested in your deep purple with mauve Iris and your cherry red phlox...I'll be adding to my list on the weekend hopefully if the weather and time cooperates!

o

SIGNET: Don't worry about the penstemon. It was you but now I'm not sure if it was a penstemon after all. It was flowering at the time and had beautiful lightish blue bell flowers. But like I said not to worry, I should have taken it when you offered it. :) I would like some of your cherry red phlox, please. I'm trying to think what else you might have there that I would like since I have some catching up to you. I don't know if you saw my e-mail long time ago since you never answered it but I asked for pink peony poppy. I know it is not easy to transplant them. I got a few single red poppies digged up...have to see how they'll do.

Available:

Prairie Traveller's Joy clematis

o
Flowergirl

Tue, May 8, 12 at 15:22

Potting up some Cherry red Phlox and pink peony poppies for you ( these are self seeding annuals) If something should show up here with lightish blue bell flowers , I will dig you up some Just have no clue what it might have been.

Signet

o
Flowergirl

Tue, May 8, 12 at 16:22

Merja , I have been thinking and maybe the plant you are referring to is Virginia Bluebells. Here is a link to yahoo images for you to compare to your plant of memory.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7jLYf6lPW1QAG45XNyoA?p=virginia+bluebells&fr=yfp-t-544&fr2=piv-web
Could this be the plant in question ?
I got a plant last season at the swap and I was arranging a swap with Blueiris this year for another because I thought I lost it ( I didnt I moved it ) but then was able to go dig some up on a friends acreage. So that swap is still available I believe.

Signet

o

SIGNET: I don't think it was that. But I might ask for that from her then. I have some catching up to do with her as well. Thank you, Heather. And thank you for the cherry red phlox and pink peony poppies.

o

BlueIris3
Do you have any prickly pear left to trade? I had some once and it disappeared and I would like to try again.
Thanks
Nes

o
gardeng8

Wed, May 9, 12 at 19:48

Confirming cherry red phlox and purple iris

Signet

o
I should mention

Thu, May 10, 12 at 12:35

I am always looking for pots !small pots , 1 gallon pots, 2 gallon pots and larger pots , Just no clay pots thanks . Will trade for plants . Also old venetian blinds to use for tags ( white preferably) but any color will do as long as they arent dark.

I also have saved some yogurt containers ( I meant them for Bev as they were what she liked to use )but now that Bev is not attending wondering if anyone can use them . No trade just need to know before I toss them to the garbage.

Signet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here