Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Chinese Lanterns

Posted by origami_master 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 17:57

Preferably plants or runners. I know these can be very invasive, but my aunt uses a lot of stuff for her dried arrangements so I was hoping to grow some for her. I can't get the seeds to grow despite sowing inside, in situ and even wintersowing, so I'm hoping someone might have so plants they can share (or when you're digging them out of your boarder lol) Thanks everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Chinese Lanterns

Hi...I haven't been to this forum in some time, I was just looking around tonight and saw this. I have some chinese lantern but we are still in "winter" here in the Maritimes. If you can remember in a few more weeks to message me and remind me I would be happy to send some plants/runners along if someone can tell me the best way to do so.
Taigen

o

Hi Taigen, thanks so much, I'll email you in a few weeks. Most of the plants I've gotten were sent to me in boxes, most cost about $10 to send but it can get expensive (if I sent all plants in boxes, at $10 each, I would be spending hundreds each year!) you can use a large bubble envelope to send things like clumps of perennials, runners/stolons which haven't started to show colour (still pale from being underground), or the tougher cuttings. I think it's 1.15 for a bubble envelope, of if it's heavier, I believe it's 2.63?

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 22:05

Hi Origami_master

I will have lots to offer shortly . Id be glad to send you some runners .What might you have to trade? I am just down the road from you ( I am near London Ontario) so should be fairly inexpensive to put in a bubble envelope. Let me know if you are interested

Signet

o

I don't have any plants to offer, we moved last year in the middle of winter so the ground was frozen when we left. I do have these seeds:
Moonflower vine (half a commercial package)
Canary Bird Vine (Half a commercial package)
clitoria (half a commercial package)
Jelly Palm 2
Yellow Passionfruit
Baptista
Cloudberry
Pregnant onion
Fuzzybean
Aristolchit littoralis, Dutchman's pipe vine

o

Okay origami_master...sounds good to me, I'll wait for your email...and spring!! haha (we got snow on Friday night again!)

o

Taigen I know how you feel, I have friends who live in NB and she said one year her last frost was in late June, and she only had a few weeks of growing. You can always move here if you'd like! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here