Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

WANTED: persian shield

greylady_gardener
14 years ago

I would love to get a couple of cuttings of persian shield, if there is someone who has some that they are willing to share. It is soon going to be okay weather wise to be able to send cuttings, etc. without fear of them getting too cold.

My trade list is not up to date on my page, but if you have cuttings to share, then I can let you know what I have.

thanks! 8-)

gg

Comments (8)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Hi Grey Lady, did you find Persian Shield yet? I bought a couple of plants last week. I took a few cuttings, they're now sitting in water on the windowsill. I'm also doing an experiment on how long they will stay viable in a little ziplock baggie in a dark box. If this works I can pop them in the mail to you. I've done this with unrooted fuchsia cutting and after a week in little ziplocks the cuttings looked good in fact they looked better than when I first bagged them up. Let me know if you're still interested.

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Annette, thanks so much for thinking of me! :)
    I have not found any around here yet. I do keep an eye out but no luck.

I am definitely still interested.

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Thu, May 22, 14 at 17:46

9 years ago

We'll see how this cutting in the baggie fares, it it's still looking good in a week I'll package the other cuttings up and send them on to you, they'll be unrooted but I've had great success rooting them in water.

Are you still at the same addy?

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

still at the same address. :)

what can we do to work a trade? My list is not up....I really need to work on it, but never get to it.

9 years ago

How about I take a rain check :). I was laid up for most of last year so except for the things I just have to have I'm not looking for anything right now, just trying to get my garden beaten back into submission, it's a jungle out there LOL. I'll get back to you in about a week.

Annette

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Annette. I can send you postage if you like. :)

Looks like we were in a bit of the same boat last year.....my garden got ripped apart for a major renovation/reworking and then I had to stop and leave everything as it was.....bricks, bags of topsoil, bags of mulch....all sitting where I left it. This year will be better, but with a knee injury (crutches for over a month earlier in the year) and the diagnosis that the knees now will not recover to "normal" I am taking things a bit slower and learning to do things differently. It will all get done eventually. :)

Here's to a better year for us both! :)

9 years ago

I know where you're coming from, I'm a bit wobbly on my feet now so I had hubby make me a nifty little gadget to help me move around in my flower beds so I don't stumble on or trample things. It's made out of a replacement handle with a piece of rebar pushed into the end. Works like a hot d... :). Maybe something like this would work for you.
    So far so good the sacrificial lamb cutting is still hanging in and still looking good so maybe I won't wait a week, I'll pop them in the mail on monday, cross my fingers and hope for the best, they'll be coming regular post so I expect they will take a week to ten days to get to you.
    Annette

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That is quite an ingenious tool....very handy hubby. :)

right now working on making things as level as possible out in the yard. one corner of the yard on the way to the gardens is very uneven (several years of greyhounds running around which dug up the little grass that is there)
    just a brief walk on any uneven ground and the knees flare up and get worse than usual.

looking forward to the mail now! :)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals
More Discussions