Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

o
WANTED: Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Posted by nyssaman Z6 ON (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 08 at 1:26

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in a spring tailgate swap/Barbecue in London @ Springbank Park - lets say the 2nd weekend in June. This swap would be for anyone in the southwestern Ontario region. Because of the short time frame please post ASAP your interest in this possible event. They do have barbecues there also. I would need some help with the planning and execution of the swap so if you are interested please notify me.

cheers

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Mon, May 19, 08 at 10:54

Hi Jeff,

Sure, I would be interested . Hopefully not too early in the morning . I kind of like the 11 oclock start ...so I can ease into the day . If I can be of any help, let me know ....

Signet

o

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Mon, May 19, 08 at 11:24

What day do you have in mind for the swap Jeff? I would be able to attend if the event is held on the Saturday of that particular weekend. Waiting to hear what ideas you may have....Ross.

o

Thanks Heather - Lets make it noon on Saturday

Saturday works good for me also Ross - Ideas , Ive heard of those things..lol - I was thinking, well a barbecue. I will have to call ahead I think and reserve an area of the park for us crazy gardeners. I think I will follow Heathers format - A little time for Meet and great - then an area where everyone will have there name and leftover treasure area where everyone brings their extras. I'm really not that creative.

Jeff

o

Well rats!! The second weekend is not good for me. :(
I was hoping for something to happen, but it looks like this year will have to be a pass for me then.
Have fun and I hope the turn out is great!
gg

o

Sorry GG,

Seems if I remember from last year you could not get to Signets place because you had to work or you had to watch kids - I tried to pick a day before we get to far off into the season..since it is such short notice..Again my apologies

cheers

Jeff

o

No apologies necessary, Jeff! I would love an outlet for my WS babies, though. It was my first year and I didn't realize that it would be so successful. I should have had more faith! :) I'm sure that I will be able to find homes. I will just have to start handing them to everyone I know.
I did actually make it to the swap last year. I wasn't sure that I would as I thought that I was going to have to work, but it did work out and I really enjoyed it. I have been seeing some of the plants that I got starting to come up in my garden.
Signet, the second Saturday of the month is the greyhound walk at Springbank. Maybe you could juggle both! :) I hardly ever get to it anymore, but I do like to take mine when I can. We won't be able to make that either. I did contact you about the pink lily of the valley, but then never heard back. Are you still interested or did you get some already?
gg

o

Wed, May 21, 08 at 19:51

I must say that the forum has been pretty quiet lately. Is there no interest out there for a London and area spring swap?? Jeff...I applaud you for trying to arrange something and hope that this thread starts to show a little action!!!

o

Hi Jeff,

Please count me in. I have a wealth of winter sown seedlings to trade or give to good homes. I simply don't have enough space for the 20+ coreopsis tinctoria among others :)
I hope others chime in soon.

Cheers,
Heather

o

Hi Ross - I think it will once we get some heat and everyone truly believes that summer will arrive.

Hi Heather(Blue Iris),I look forward to seeing you there - I here you about the space.

o

Wed, May 21, 08 at 22:14

Hi Ross,

signet here . Last year at the swap I think I missed giving you something but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was. It may have been Trillium but I cant remember for sure . Do you remember what it was? I could make sure you get it this year ...I wont have to many other things on my mind LOL ! ( I hope I am forgiven for missing giving you whatever it was I was supposed to give you ) Reading this I am not sure any of it makes too much sense but I am hoping you understand what I am referring to and that you remember what I owe you.

signet

o

Jeff I think I should be able to make it as well. I have some extra seedlings and divisions of a few other plants that I would love to find homes for. I might know a couple other people that could attend as well.

Mike

o

Signet: Don't worry about a plant that you may or may not have forgotten! From what I witnessed you were far too busy trying to please us all and your generosity was evident. I had a great time at last years swap and went home with plenty of new additions to my garden including a Brugmansia that you found for me. I certainly was not disappointed and am looking forward to meeting and trading with you again this year. Until then ...Happy Gardening. Ross.

o

Hi Jeff,

I think I'll be able to come also. One of the kids has a soccer tournament but my hubby said he can take her. So I will most likely see you all there.

Thanks for taking the initiative,
Merja

o

• Posted by wmc1 s/w Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, May 22, 08 at 13:47

Hi Jeff,

May be able to make it, don't have too much this year,gave them all to our local garden club for thier plant sale. Will see what I can find.

o

So we're saying SATURDAY, JUNE 14TH, 11AM then? Sunday is Father's Day.

I'm fairly busy that weekend, but since it's only 5 minutes away, I should be able to quickly slide over, make an appearence, swap and dash out if that's ok?

Off the top of my head, I think I have some Peony (Pink) to swap, probably some Canna, a few Raspberries (Spring & Fall cropping), Heliopsis helianthoides 'Loraine Sunshine' seedlings, a couple tiny white bleading heart seedlings, maybe pink ones too, probably Datura seedlings, and I'm not sure what else. I'm looking for toad lily, Heuchera, Oriental perennial poppy, other shade lovers.

o

Hi Ross,

The day of the Swap will be Saturday June 14th
The time of the Swap will be 11AM until 3PM - 4 ish
I'm going into London Tomorrow and will find a nice shady accessible location - hopefully with a barbecue & some picnic tables - we will need to bring lawn chairs - Does anyone have a small little barbecue just in case - that we can cook up some weenies and some burgers on?

Cheers

Jeff

o

Thu, May 22, 08 at 18:57

Hi everyone ,

Here is a partial list of what I have to trade if anyone is interested:

Double Feverfew
Evening Primrose (yellow)
False Solomon's Seal
Chinese Lanterns
Ladybells
woodland violets
1 spotted violet
Dame's rocket
Tansy
Forget me not
Centaurea montana (purpley blue)
Commelina
Centaurea Dealbata ( pink)
Lemon lily ( hemerocallis Lilioasphodelus)
I will have some unrooted cuttings of brugmansia some named some not

A few heritage tomato plants .
Lily of the valley ( white)
Poet's narcissus

If you are interested in any of these post here or email me and lets work out a swap

Signet

A

o
RE: WANTED: #2 Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Thu, May 22, 08 at 19:05

Forgot to mention

I also have lots of Snowdrops and Star of Bethlehem, and a few Allium Purple Sensation bulbs

Some Lilac ( mauve)

Signet

o

Thu, May 22, 08 at 21:50

Jeff: Thankyou for confirming the day and time of the swap. Here is a list of what I have available for trade at the present time.

1 potted Japanese Painted Fern division
1 pottted 1 ft. tall purple Columbine
several potted Japanese Kerria divisions
1 Euonymous Alata (burning bush) one year old
1 potted Passion Flower Vine
several individually potted Calla Lilly Corms
1 light purple lilac division
1 potted Blue Cadet Hosta
1 orange Trumpet Vine one year old
1 pot of Bachelor Buttons (Campanula)
1 small 6" pink Tropical Hibiscus rooted cutting
1 potted pink Shrub Rose
1 potted clump of Hardy Bamboo
2 small potted 2 yr old Agapanthus
1 4" potted variegated Sedum
1 potted Aconitum Monkshood
1 2ft tall 2 yr old potted Silver Maple

o
RE: WANTED: #3Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Thu, May 22, 08 at 22:41

Hi Rosco_P

I would love to work a trade with you for your pot of hardy bamboo and perhaps the silver Maple. Can you tell me please what you might like in trade?

Signet

o

Thu, May 22, 08 at 22:53

Hello Signet: I would be interested in some of your LadyBells and Purple Allium if available. Ross.

o

I would be interested in your passion flower Ross - I have a frosty pink brugmansia if your interested

Jeff

o
RE: WANTED: A million bucks to buy more plants

Signet: I have a Chinese flowering Banana pup for you
Ross: I have one for you too if you are interested

Cheers

Jeff

o
re: wanted: spring swap--capehlke

I sent you an e-mail through GW, but know that they don't always go through. :)If you dind't get it then my e-mail is on my page.
Lois

o

Jeff: Yes I would be interested in the Chinese banana pup.As we talked before I have an Alamanda,White Mandevilla and Bougainvillia and am working on other cuttings that I can trade with you. I will set aside the Passion Flower for you and also several Yellow Calla Lilly but I already have a Frosty pink Brugmansia...thankyou.

o
updated trade list

Updated

Trade List

1 potted Japanese Painted Fern division
1 pottted 1 ft. tall purple Columbine
1 potted pink Shrub Rose

o
additions to trade list

Fri, May 23, 08 at 13:32

Just wanted to add a couple more items to my trade list:
1 potted Japanese Painted fern division
1 purple Columbine
1 potted pink Shrub Rose
1 yucca aka (adams needle) division
several potted lunaria aka money plant

o

Who is interested in the Barbecue/potluck side of this - Since it will run through the lunch hour - If so, who can bring what?
We need thinks like potato salad, hot dogs and buns, wieners and buns - pop, some chips - some sort of dessert - Maybe veggie burgers if someone doesn't eat meat.
Maybe someone makes a wicked salsa recipe
I don't know about you guys but I love to eat especially if I'm having a good time..lol
Also - does anyone have a small barbecue that they can bring?? - I really need an answer to this one ASAP

Cheers

Jeff

o

Fri, May 23, 08 at 21:44

Hi Rosco_p

Thank you for the trade . Confirmed that you have allium and ladybells in trade for your bamboo and Silver Maple. I am tempted to try to work a trade for a kerria but you have sent me one before and I have bought two and none have survived here I have no idea why . Very disappointing as I really love that plant .

Jeff ...whoo hoo what would you like in trade for the banana ? Let me know please.

Oh and if anyone is interested I have lily of the valley ( lots ) and hardy yellow blooming cactus .

Signet

o
RE: WANTED: 2 Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 23, 08 at 21:51

Sheesh! Forgot to mention I have bags of Zinnia seeds , Canna corms and some Dahlia bulbs too . The canna are burgundy leaf with peachy color bloom and green with ? bloom ...these were given to me and have spent the winter in the basement .

Mike would you still like the Clivia I offered you ? let me know please If you dont have the Iochroma cuttings would you have a small orchid baby that is easy to grow ( cuz although I love them , I know very little about orchids ) If you dont have an orchid or something else , not to worry , you can still have the clivia if you would like it .

Signet

o

Hello everyone, glad to hear the swap is on again! Have been looking forward to it. Right now I know I have some foxglove seedlings to trade. I also have some ruhbarb seeds if anyone may be interested?? I will take a look around and see what's in the garden this year. Let's hope the weather will let things grow now. Sorry no BBQ, but I could bring the potato salad if other folks are interested in doing the potluck. Frogged

o

Sat, May 24, 08 at 17:39

I have a bbq I could bring ..just have to remember to fill up the tank so that it works .

I have oodles of lily of the valley if anyone wants some

Jeff , I lost my frosty pink brug this winter any chance I can trade something for it ?

Rosco_p What would you like in trade for the Japanese painted fern? Let me know please.Would you be interested in a couple of small white trilliums?

Hi Frogged ( Have we met ? I know I know your "handle" but cant think of your real name . Anyway I would be interested in some foxglove seedlings . What would you like in trade? Let me know

Signet

o

Sat, May 24, 08 at 21:14

Signet: So you would be interested in trading for the Japanese painted fern?? I think I will pass on the Trilliums Heather as I have a few already but if you had anything that has a bright coloured flower is non invasive and requires a sunny spot I would be game for that!!Think about it and if you have anything let me know please.
____Updated Trade list__________
1 potted Japanese Painted fern division
1 purple Columbine
several individually potted yellow Calla Lilly Corms
several small potted Blue Cadet Hosta divisions
1 potted pink Shrub Rose
2 small potted bears breeches divisions
canna rhizomes (green leaf/red flower variety
several potted lunaria aka money plant/honesty plant
several small pots of Forget Me Nots
several small pots of Oregano
1 Blue Rose of Sharon about 2 ft. tall

o

Heather, thats great that you can bring a barbecue - now that we have a barbecue we need:

Who is bringing or can bring what food - everyone always has something good they make, ie a special salad - So if we can get a list of who can bring what that would be great , the sooner the better - Posting right along with swap info is fine I will separate it out. Has anyone heard form Knottyceltic (Barb) or from Bev - also we need the traditional stuff like wieners and buns and burgers and buns and pop.

I am still planting out - so I am not sure of what I have extras of yet but I think I will have a few things.

Cheers

Jeff

o

Sun, May 25, 08 at 14:59

Jeff: Put me down for bringing along a pack of hotdogs and a package of buns.Ross.

o
re: wanted: spring swap/barbecue -**signet**

Hi Heather--I answered your e-mail on Friday, but didn't hear back from you so just thought I would remind you to check you mailbox (or junk mail) :)
gg

o

Heather the Iochroma cuttings eventually rotted but I do have some orchids that could stand being divided. Google Bulbophyllum ambrosia and Bulbophyllum Elizabeth Anne 'Buckelberry' and tell me what you think of those but be warned that Bulbo. Elizabeth Anne looks beautiful but smells like dirty old socks/fish. I also have some tiny little Dendrobium aphyllum plants if you don't mind waiting several years for blooms.

Here is what I have to trade.

1 tree tomato cutting well rooted
7 pots of Nicotina sylvestris
2 pots/small plants of Salvia Whopper Lighthouse
4 small Selinicereus megalanthus,yellow dragon fruit cacti
Cryptocereus anthonyanus cuttings, rick rac cactus
Huernia plant with cupped flowers plus Stapelia gigantea cuttings.

I am looking for rat tail cactus, Hoya cuttings of species I don't already have and possibly annuals or perennials that can be grown in containers and that will be attractive to hummingbirds. I also collect African Pelargonium species and bulbs. Because i live in an apartment I am limited in the garden plants I can grow.

Jeff I can bring a pasta or chick pea salad and some juice as long as my sister is driving. I will have to get back to you when I know her schedule.

Mike

o

Sun, May 25, 08 at 21:57

Mike; Please take a look at my trade list and see if there is anything on it which you would accept in trade for you're whopper Red Salvia.Thanks. Ross.

o

Ross I would be interested in your bear's breeches if you think it could be grown potted or the Agapanthus. I will keep the Salvias for you.

I also have two Allium karataviense bulbs if anyone would be interested in them.

Mike

o

Mike:I don't see why the Bears Breeches could not be grown in a pot as my three year old plant is still not any great size!! It really is a rather unique foliage and flowering plant. I will set one aside for you for the Red Salvia. Thankyou. Ross.

o

Mon, May 26, 08 at 20:13

Capehlke: Please take a look at my trade list and see if there is anything of interest to you in exchange for your Heliopsis "Lorraine Sunshine" and your white Bleding Heart.Thankyou. Ross.

o

Sign me up for a drunken potato salad it has a wine vinegar, mustard, tarragon and vermouth dressing.

o

Ross,
I think the items on your list that interst me most are already spoken for, but if you have more or if I'm wrong, Japanese Painted Fern and Monkshood interest me (Monkshood if its not blue in color)

o

Capehlke: Yes the Japanese Painted fern is spoken for and the Monkshood is blue.Sorry we could not work out a trade at this time but I may be adding other items to my list in the future that may interest you so keep posted. Thanks. Ross.

o

Hello Signet sorry I haven't had a chance until now to get back here. If you still have some allium bulbs I would like to trade for a couple foxglove seedlings.
I also have some pink lamium if anyone is interested
wisteria seeds purple
Ribbon grass-
Frogged

o

Tue, May 27, 08 at 18:57

Hi everyone,

I have a few more items to add to my availables:

Siberian Iris
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Rudbeckia Lancinata
Hemerocallis Fulva Europa
Hosta lancifolia
Some heritage tomatoes: Black Cherry, Muchamiel, Sweet one Million
Echinacea
Iris : pale mauve , Purple with yellow
Achillia "The Pearl"
Musa " Little Prince" 2 pups (Jeff does one of these interest you in trade for the banana you have. these are small maybe 2 inches tall )
Geranium cuttings : 1 Vancouver Centennial (rooted) and 1 Indian Dunes (in the process of rooting )

Rosco_p - why dont you trade the Japanese Painted fern for the Heliopsis Lorraine sunshine with Chris and we can work a trade for the blue Rose of Sharon that you have . I dont mind . would you be interested in a fancy daylily for the ROS ?Please tell me your favourite color in the garden and I will see if I have a daylily in that color in trade for it if that works for you.

Greylady Gardener: I never recieved any email from you . sorry !

Frogged : Confirmed trade of Allium for foxglove. I would love some Wisteria seeds ..what would you like in trade?

Nyssaman: what would you like in trade for the banana please. Also did you want to trade for that frosty pink brug?

Also can you tell me please, is the start time 11 or 12? you have said 11 on one post and 12 on another posts ? Can you confirm time please.

Capehlke : I have orange perennial poppy if it interests you . I would love to trade for pink peony or datura seedlings.

Mikedahms: I am interested in your two Allium karataviense bulbs . Can we come up with something that you might like in trade?

I contacted Knottyceltic, she says she will attend but is not doing any swapping this year .

I will bring some kind of dessert .

Signet

o

Tue, May 27, 08 at 19:34

SIGNET: That is very nice of you to offer to recind the trade of the Japanese Painted Fern so as I could pursue another trade but that will no longer be necessary as I was able to find another division of the fern for Capehlke.So if you would like to trade for the fern Signet... if you had something red that enjoys sun?? I would be appreciative. I don't really care what it is as long as it is not an invasive plant. Also Signet if you would like the Blue Rose of Sharon I will put it aside for you.Thanks. Ross

CAPEHLKE: If you would like to go ahead with the trade of your Lorraine Sunshine for a division of Japanese Painted Fern, that would be ideal. Please confirm. Thanks. Ross.

1 purple Columbine
1 Euonymous Alata (burning bush)one year old
Japanese Kerria Divisions
several individually potted yellow Calla Lilly
1 potted pink Shrub Rose

several NOID lemony yellow coloured fragrant daylilly divisions

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Swap/Barbecue --signet

Hi signet, I went to my sent items and have forwarded the e-mail that I sent last Friday. It is on its' way so I hope it gets to you.
gg

o
RE: WANTED: 2 Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Tue, May 27, 08 at 22:57

Hi again Greylady-gardener. I will watch for the email . Thanks

Rosce_p . I have an absolutely gorgeous red daylily to trade you. It looks like velvet when it blooms. Probably grows around 30 inches tall . And dayliies need sun , the more the better they bloom .Definitely not invasive.

I should tell you though that the ladybells can be invasive , they grow rhizomatously and they produce seeds . You can control it somewhat if you dont allow it to go to seed , the good thing is that it is fairly easy to pull out though so it can be controlled that way too . Let me know if you would prefer something else . Another thought ...you can drop a bucket in the ground and plant the ladybells in that ....so that the roots dont run . This method is supposed to be good for things like chinese lanterns which can be horrendous to eradicate from a garden . Ask me I know !

Signet

o

signet, I sent the mail about ten o'clock so it should be there by now.....I sent it to the address on your page. Is that a correct address?
I am beginning to wonder if maybe something is wrong with my e-mail. I did contact someone else on this posting and never heard back from them either. hhhhmmmm I hope not. :)
gg

o

Signet I would like to trade my Allium bulbs for your black cherry tomato.

Mike

o

SIGNET: Thankyou for the trade of the RED DAYLILLY. It sounds like a great addition to my space. I will heed your advice on the LADYBELLS and keep them contained. Looking forward to our trades. See you on the 14th. Ross.

o

Wed, May 28, 08 at 10:35

Hi All,

This is basically to give me an update on what I am trading .

Rosco_p :

hardy bamboo - For Ladybells
silver Maple - For Allium
Blue Rose of Sharon - For ?
Japanese Painted Fern - For Daylily ( red)

Mikedahms :

Orchid ( your choice) - for Clivia
Allium karataviense bulbs - for Black Cherry Tomato

Jeff/Nyssaman:

Chinese Banana - for ?
Maybe Frosty Pink Brug - for ?

Flowergirl :

one of your lilies ( I cant remember )- for Pink and white Lily
I am giving you some asiatic lilium babies called Philos

Frogged:

Foxglove seedlings - for allium bulbs

Capehlke:

Would you like the orange perennial poppies in trade for the peony or datura babies? let me know

I think that is all my swaps right now , I just needed to write it up in a concise format . Hope nobody minds . if I have left somehthing out please let me know .

Has anyone contacted Bev ? Wmc1 glad to see you will be attending , is Gwen gonna come to the swap too? ....

Signet

o

hi Heather/Signet

I thought you said you had some brugs for me? also anything tropical interests me

Cheers

Jeff

o

Wed, May 28, 08 at 16:18

Hi Jeff ,

Yup I do but we arranged that before the swap thingy, that was why I didnt include them here. But if you like , I will list them with my swaps with you.

signet

o

Ross - Yes that would be fantastic.
Heather - thanks but I have orange poppies that I got from you two years ago.

My list still includes:
Japanese Iris (blue)
old fashioned blue german iris
Peony (Pink)
lavartis seedlings(purple)
Heliopsis "Lorraine Sunshine"
Some small white and maybe pink bleeding heart seedlings.

o

Hello all,
Here's my trade list, I'm hoping you find something of interest on it!

pink yarrow, nameless and 'Cerise Queen'
artemisia 'silver king'
artemisia 'nana'
pinky purple cranesbill geranium
lamb's ears
black eyed susans
sundrops
columbine, dark purple or double pink/white
perennial bachelor's buttons
rose campion
1 burgundy blanket flower
centaurea dealbata - grows by runners but quite pretty pink
red sedum
autumn joy sedum
adjuga, green, burgundy, 2 variegated
creeping jenny
1 small burgundy/green variegated hot pink phlox
rue
French tarragon
3 salvia coccinea - hummingbird plant
yellow pear tomato
yellow teardrop tomato

plus I've got the following winter sown/indoors small seedlings:
coreopsis tinctoria
helliopsis "lorraine sunshine"
maltese cross
sweet william "Pinocchio", "Beauty Holborn Glory"
1 tithonia orange "goldfinger" - hummingbirds & butterflies
ipomopsis
balsam
monarda fistulosa
purple mullein
3 penstemon barbatus, scarlet bugler - hummingbirds
5 viola "cuty"
5 2' giant snapdragons
2 per poppy "checkers"
wallflower
campanula cervicaria
3 digitalis purpurea
6 dwarf digitalis "carillon"
2 buddleia "black knight"

Mikedahms - are you interested in the salvia coccinea, penstemon barbatus, or tithonia, they're all hummingbird plants for a few nicotiana sylvestris? (I've got some minuscule seedlings of Only-the-Lonely, but despair of them reaching full size soon enough)

Rosco_P - I'd love a couple of your kerria, your blue monkshood, and a couple money plant if you see anything in my list :)

Signet - do you have any of the allium left? I'd love some of your double feverfew, commelina, hardy yellow blooming cactus and achillea "the Pearl" = hope you like some things of mine :)

Capehlke - I'd love to trade for your blue Japanese iris, old fashioned blue german iris, and white bleeding heart seedling.

Thanks for taking a look at my list,
Heather P.

o

Thu, May 29, 08 at 16:40

blueiris (Heather): I would be interested in your Penstemon Barbatus...Monarda Fistulosa and your Perennial Poppy Checkers if still available. If this is acceptable I will set aside for you a couple of Kerria Divisions...a Blue Monkshood and a couple of Lunaria (money plant). Thanks. Ross. (please confirm).

1 purple Columbine
1 Euonymous Alata (burning bush)one year old
1 potted pink Shrub Rose
lemon balm
several NOID lemony yellow coloured fragrant daylilly divisions

o

Thu, May 29, 08 at 17:15

Blueiris: After looking at your list a little closer I also would love a seedling or plant of the DIGITALLIS CARRILLON. Please look at my list again and see if there is anything else that would interest you in a trade.Thanks.Ross.

o

Hi Ross,
The 3 Penstemon Barbatus, and 2 Perennial Poppy Checkers are yours, the Monarda Fistulosa are quite small so I'll pot up a few of them. If anything else catches your fancy I'd also like some of the lemon yellow daylilies.

I'm looking forward to the couple of Kerria Divisions...a Blue Monkshood and a couple of Lunaria (money plant)

Cheers,
Heather

o

Hi blueiris/Heather, I know that I am most likely not going to be able to make the swap, but I would really love to have some 'heliopsis Lorainne sunshine'. I do have plants and lots of winter sown seedlings that are still quite small and would be happy to provide a list for you if you are willing to make a trade. We probably don't live far apart and could maybe get together somewhere at another time to make the trade. please let me know.
thanks,
Lois

o
RE: Greylady has mail

Hi Greylady-gardener/Lois, you've got mail! I'm fine with meeting some other time.
Cheers,
Heather

o

Hi everyone my list is as follows so far

Hibiscus acetosella 3 young seedlings roughly a foot high
Goji berry vine 2 - 7 inches high
Sabal minor var Oklahoma - one the hardiest palm species on the planet - good for Chatham Sarnia ie 6B - slow growing but in 4-5 years you can plant outside these are 1 inch babies - I have 3
Bauhinia Orchid tree (TROPICAL) seedlings 6 inches high - 2 - not sure of the color

Food is as follows

Frogged: is bringing the potato salad
Signet: is bringing the Barbecue & and a dessert
Ross: is bringing hotdogs and buns
Mike: if he has a ride is bringing pasta or chick pea salad and some juice
Blue Iris: is bringing a drunken potato salad - Will I be able to drive after this? hehehehehe

I have not scouted out a location in Springbank park yet I will do this next week I have just been too busy.

Everything seems to be coming together well for the swap - I will list more of what I will have and extras soon.

Cheers

Jeff/Nyssaman

o

Thu, May 29, 08 at 20:36

BLUEIRIS: You must have missed my last post as I was asking about your DIGITALIS CARILLON. If you had this available I would gladly trade the LEMON YELLOW DAYLILLY for it. If that is no longer available Snap Dragons would be nice. Thanks. Ross.

o

I'll have the following and more available for the swap:

Rodgersia aesculifolia seedlings
Astilboides tabularis seedlings

Both of these are moisture-loving/bog plants that have incredible foliage - the Rodgersia has huge palmate leaves (like a chestnut tree) and the Astilboides has huge rounded leaves, both have Astilbe-like flower plumes but are mostly grown for their foliage. I have WAY too many seedlings of these.

Achillea 'Moonshine" - blooming size plants - pale sulphur yellow flowers, grey foliage, very drought tolerant

Fernleaf Peony division (Paeonia tenuifolia) - single deep red flowers, deeply dissected (ie fernlike) foliage, early blooming herbaceous peony - the mother plant has already started blooming.

Salmon Oriental Poppy

More items to list as I take inventory.

o

Hi Barb I'm interested in your

Astilboides tabularis

Cheers

Jeff

o

Hi Barb from London,

I'm really, really hoping that something or several somethings of mine interest you, I'd love to give your fern-leafed peony a home. I was lusting after one after reading about it in an old Canadian Gardening article. I'll keep my fingers crossed but I know that it's pretty rare.

Cheers,
Heather P.

P.S. Jeff/Nyssaman the fumes from the salad will tickle your nose but not a breathalyzer :)

o

Thu, May 29, 08 at 23:21

Oh yeah , I go out for a few hours and you all do a bunch of swapping ! LOL !

Blueiris..any chance at one of your perennial poppies "checkers"? 1 small burgundy/green variegated hot pink phlox and a buddlia Black Knight and Rue and French tarragon ? You are welcome to have some allium double feverfew, commelina, hardy yellow blooming cactus and achillea "the Pearl"

Barb from London, any chance I have something that might interest you in trade for one of either Rodgersia aesculifolia seedlings or Astilboides tabularis seedlings ? I would also love one of your salmon poppies . Please let me know if we can work a trade .

Add to my list of availables:

Anthemis Tinctoria kelwayii
Camomile seedlings
Costmary
Chocolate mint
Herb Robert

Also , someone last year gave me a double purple iris ? at least that is what the tag said , I of course never saw it bloom and unfortunately it didnt make it thru the winter . Does anyone have a piece of this iris to trade?

Thanks
Signet

o

Barb from London - love to have the Salmon oriental poppy .. Anything I could interest you in a trade?

o

Blueiris3/Heather I already have a couple Salvia coccinea plants but thanks for the offer. Is your Penstemon barbatus hardy or do you grow it as an annual?

I have pots of Cuban oregano as well if anyone is interested.

Mike

o

HEATHER P. (blueiris) - yes you can have some blue Japanese Iris, an old-fashioned Blue German Iris, and a white bleeding heart seedling. I'd be most interested in your perenial oriental poppy "checkers" but also the variegated pink phlox, yellow teardrop tomato, and snap-dragon as trade items. I also have a dwarf purple/white early flowering iris you may be interested in.

ROSS (rocso_p)
I will bring you Heliopsis Lorriane Sunshine seedlings, and a white bleeding heart seedling - both from this springs sowing. In exchange I'd be very much interested in the Japanese Painted Fern and the Euonymous Alata. The burning bush is really for my sister Marion who will be attending

Still available for trades are:
-Japanese Iris (blue)
-Peony (Pink)
-lavartis seedlings(purple)
-Heliopsis "Lorraine Sunshine" (1 more trade)
-Canna (I'll know the specific varieties a bit later)
-Raspberries (Spring & Fall cropping)
-Datura seedlings - double purple (1 trade) double yellow (1 trade)
- Dwarf (6") early spring flowering minature iris - purple with White beard
- Blue Perenial Salvia
- Native wild ginger (Asarum canadense)

I'm particularly looking for toad lily, Heuchera, Oriental perennial poppy, other shade lovers, cheddar pinks

o

Fri, May 30, 08 at 8:27

Want to add a few more availables:

Jack in the Pulpit
Creeping Buttercup
Bull's blood sedum
Iris Pseudocorus
White Yarrow
1 division of Hosta "Sum and Substance"
One very small eye of Hosta " Spilt Milk"
Grape Hyacinth

I am interested in Crown Imperial bulbs, Kiss me over the Garden Gate . Any bulbs except Star of Bethlehem and Snowdrops. And I am looking for Ramps.

Thanks

o

Hello, Signet again sorry it takes me so long to get back here, I will bring the wisteria seeds for you. I read that they take a few years of growth before they bloom, the plant it self grows like crazy. I had to cut mine out of my house last year, this year so far its better behaved. Since we have two potato salads I could switch and bring a punch drink instead. See everyone there Frogged.

o

CAPEHLKE; The Japanese Painted Fern and Euonymous Alata will be set aside for you. I am looking forward to the Heliopsis Lorraine Sunshine and the White Bleeding Heart seedlings. Thankyou. Ross.

1 purple Columbine
1 potted pink Shrub Rose
2 potted Aconitum Monkshood
lemon balm
several NOID (lemony yellow coloured) fragrant
daylilly divisions

o

BARB FROM LONDON: Please check out my available list above and see if any thing is of interest to you in exchange for a seedling of RODGERSIA AESCULIFOLIA. This looks like a very interesting plant. Thanks. Ross.

o

Hi Ross, yes I'll gladly trade digitalis carillon for yellow daylilies!

Hi Signet you're on for the trade of burgundy/green variegated hot pink phlox, buddleia Black Knight, rue, French tarragon for your allium, double feverfew, commelina, hardy yellow blooming cactus, would you take a red oriental poppy for the achillea "the Pearl", I don't have any "Checkers" left (or rather the two that are left are too tiny for words and wouldn't be a fair trade, they're 2-3mm across). Is there anything else of mine that you would trade for some chocolate mint? I managed to kill mine, the container it was in got frozen solid with a layer of ice across the top.

Hi Capehlke, Would you take a red oriental poppy instead of the "Checkers" one? The variegated pink phlox, snapdragons, yellow teardrop tomato are set aside for you. I'm really looking forward to the japanese iris, the german iris, and the white bleeding heart seedling. Is there anything else on my list that you would take in trade for the dwarf early iris, or the double purple datura?

Hi Mikedahms, I'm not sure if the penstemon is hardy, I got the seed in trade and this is my first year growing them.

I have a few more things to list:
red oriental poppy
deep blue balloon flower
burgundy/green variegated spotted hawkweed (I know, I know it has the dreaded word weed in it's name, but this lovely plant has yellow flowers from late May through most of the summer and only gives about 3 babies a year in an unmulched bed, plus it's good for butterflies)

o
RE: WANTED: 2Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 30, 08 at 9:48

Just thought of a couple of other items I would be interested in obtaining if anyone has any to share/trade for:

Egyptian "walking" onion
Elephant Garlic

Capehlke: I tried googling Lavartis ...cant find anything . Did you mean to type Liatris by any chance?

Another available :

1 small Solomon seal division

Maybe more to come as I go thru things.

Signet

o

Heather P. - I'll bring you some fo the dwarf iris as well, and yes I'd love some of the red oriental poppy - Thanks. I'm looking for oriental perenial poppies in ANY color but bright Orange (which I have and love).

Signet - Opps ..It was late ..yes I'm talking about purple blazing star (Liatris)

My sister - Marion - who still remains outside of the digiatal age and without Internet,

will again be joining this year.
Among the items she has to offer are:
-Wisteria - blue rooted cuttings
-yellow bearded iris intermediate
-double orange daylilies,
-Raspberries
with more to follow.

She is interested in the burgundy blanket flower from Heather P. (blueiris) and the Achillia

Pearl from Heather B.(Signet) and wonders what might be items you'd be interested in trading

for them.

o

Here is my list:

Red monarda
Gloriosa daisy
Rudbeckia triloba (biennial)
Black-Eyed Susan
Lupine seedlings (mixed colours)
Tall phlox, white
Tall phlox, purplish
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
Coreopsis 'Tequila Sunrise'
Bleeding Heart, pink
Centaurea montana
Centaurea dealbata
Grape hyacinth
Daffodils, cream
Early tulip, yellow/red
Shasta daisy
Hardy Geranium, hot pink
Leopard's Bane
Gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'
Malva, pink
Digitalis purpurea 'Snow Thimble' seedlings (small)
Yellow historical iris
Mini tan iris with light blue beard
Mauve/pink historical iris
Campanula glomerata, white (Clustered bellflower)
Ladybells
Walking onion
Catnip

Signet: I'll bring both pink and orange lilies for you. As you see I have walking onions. Would you be interested in trading them for Black Cherry tomatoes if you have any left?

Blueiris: Do you have any digitalis carillon, snapdragons or red oriental poppy left? If so, hopefully you would like something on my list.

Frogged: Are your foxglove seedlings purple? If they are any other colour than purple or white, which I already have, I would be interested.

Merja

o
RE: WANTED: 2Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 30, 08 at 15:24

Hi Merja,

It's a trade! BlackCherry Tomato for Walking onion.

I would also be interested in your :
Mini tan iris with light blue beard
Mauve/pink historical iris
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
Lupine seedlings (mixed colours)

Would you be interested in the daylily Fuss and Bother by Curt Hanson? (2 med 1 small fans but should still bloom this season) What else might you like from my list in trade for the others? let me know please

I have 3 golden hops vines to add to my availables.

Signet

o
RE: WANTED: 3Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 30, 08 at 16:00

Hi Capehlke .

Tell Marion I would love to trade her Achillia "The Pearl" for a Wisteria cutting blue. I may be interested in raspberry bushes too. Depends if I get some ground tilled up before the swap.

signet

o
RE: WANTED: anotherSpring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 30, 08 at 16:01

Hi Capehlke .

Tell Marion I would love to trade her Achillia "The Pearl" for a Wisteria cutting blue. I may be interested in raspberry bushes too. Depends if I get some ground tilled up before the swap.

signet

o

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Fri, May 30, 08 at 16:44

Geez, I don't check GW for a week and THIS happens!

Count me in, people. I have lots of seedlings that will need good homes. List will be posted next week, after another round of marathon planting on Sunday.

Yayeee for Jeff for organizing this!

Bev

o

Hi Capehlke, would you take a second red per poppy for your double purple datura? I've set aside a burgundy blanket flower for Marion, for one of her rooted blue wisteria cuttings.

Hi Merja, It's a deal: my digitalis carillon, snapdragons, & red oriental poppy for your yellow historical iris, campanula glomerata white and gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'

I'm so sore from a big planting day today. Yipee! I'm so close to caught up on full size plants, which only leaves hundreds of winter sown and indoor started seedlings... The trouble with success!

Heather P.

o

Hello, Merja, last year seedlings out of the same package came up as white with pink edges. ( foxylady) I have a plant with spike up when the flowers come out I will confim this. If you are intersted and if not spoken for already your Mauve pink iris sounds great.
I have also a small fan of yellow iris
ribbon grass
lamium
Frogged

o

So, to recap thus far:

nyssaman - Astilboides tabularis for - ?

rosco - Rodgersia aesculifolia for - maybe a Blue Cadet hosta division?

capehlke - Salmon pink oriental poppy for - Japanese iris?

signet - Astilboides, Rodgersia, and salmon poppy for - maybe some Million tomatoes, brug cutting, echinacea?

blueiris - fernleaf peony division for - yellow pear tomato?

Let me know if this works for you!

o
RE: WANTED: 4 Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Fri, May 30, 08 at 21:25

Works for me ! Thanks Barb.

Signet

o

Hi Barb,

Works for me too! I'm sooo excited about this plant.

Heather P./BlueIris

o

Fri, May 30, 08 at 23:50

BARB FROM LONDON: Yes a BLUE CADET HOSTA DIVISION will be set aside for you in exchange for your RODGERSIA AESCULIFOLIA. Thankyou. Ross.

o

Barb from from London : Were you interested in the Goji berry(Lycium Barbarum) vine for Astilboides tabularis.

Jeff

o

Sat, May 31, 08 at 9:55

Hi ,

Capehlke - my toad lilies are only now just starting to show their faces. So if you are willing to wait ( depends on how big they are when the swap happens, I will have a toad lily for you.) Possibly a heuchera too.

Getting my trade list together in one spot:

Double Feverfew
Evening Primrose (yellow)
False Solomon's Seal
Chinese Lanterns
Ladybells
woodland violets
1 spotted violet
Dame's rocket
Tansy
Forget me not
Centaurea montana (purpley blue)
Commelina
Centaurea Dealbata ( pink)
Lemon lily ( hemerocallis Lilioasphodelus)
I will have some unrooted cuttings of brugmansia some named some not

A few heritage tomato plants .
Lily of the valley ( white)
Poet's narcissus

Star of Bethlehem
Snowdrops
bags of Zinnia seeds , Canna corms and some Dahlia bulbs
Siberian Iris
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Rudbeckia Lancinata
Hemerocallis Fulva Europa
Hosta lancifolia
Some heritage tomatoes: Black Cherry, Muchamiel, Sweet one Million
Echinacea
Iris : pale mauve , Purple with yellow
Achillia "The Pearl"
Musa " Little Prince" 2 pups (Jeff does one of these interest you in trade for the banana you have. these are small maybe 2 inches tall )
Geranium cuttings : 1 Vancouver Centennial (rooted) and 1 Indian Dunes (in the process of rooting )
Jack in the Pulpit
Creeping Buttercup
Bull's blood sedum
Iris Pseudocorus
White Yarrow
1 division of Hosta "Sum and Substance"
One very small eye of Hosta " Spilt Milk"
Grape Hyacinth

NEW ADDITIONS:

White forget me not
Varigated hosta (trying to find out the name from the friend who gave it to me ) it has small spoon shaped leaves bright green with yellow edge
White and green Hosta (nice increaser)
1 division of Hosta Raspberry Ripple
Pink Obedience plant

Is there going to be a gamblers circle ? Just a thought but with holding the swap at the Springbank Park, I think we need to speak to the plants that may be left over ( If there is a gamblers circle , we will need to ensure that NO ONE GOES HOME TILL THE CIRCLE IS EMPTY! ) Even if it means taking a few plants that you share with a neighbour if they dont interest you .

What do you think Jeff?

Signet

o

Signet: I'll bring mini tan iris, mauve/pink historical iris and some Lupine seedlings for you. I can bring lily 'Iceberg' (white) for you also but you should have it already. I gave it to you when you came over 2 - 3 years ago. Just letting you know in case you didn't realize this is the same one. Yes, I'd love to have daylily 'Fuss and Bother', tomato Muchamiel, geranium 'Vancouver Centennial' and geranium 'Indian Dunes'.

Blueiris: Confirming the trade, thank you. Is your digitalis purpurea by any chance some other colour than purple?

Frogged: White foxglove with pink edges sounds beautiful. I'll bring mauve/pink historical iris for you. Thank you.

o

Signet:Yes a gamblers circle for sure - thats my favorite part..lol and I will take a wee little banana.

Cheers

Jeff

o
RE: WANTED: Pink Obedience plant

Signet: I'm interested in the Pink Obedience plant

Cheers

Jeff

o

Hi everyone,
I am jumping in full force now as I can definitely make it! :)
Just a few things to get me started, but I am sure that there will be more.

--yellow loosestrife
--tall white phlox
--chives
--garlic chives
--walking onions
--little princess spirea seedlings(a couple of years old)
--one explosive embers pepper (ornamental, but have read that it is edible)
***Wintersown seedlings that are still small and some are offered as chunks(not big chunks, but with enough little seedlings to give a good start:

--Lychnis lumina—salmon shades----pot with a couple of seedlings—maybe three
--Lychnis flo jovis-peggy---pot with maybe three
--Maltese cross—‘chunk’
--Mignonette—‘chunk’
--Impatiens balfourii—pot with three or four—these are tall right now—maybe four inches
--Verbena bonariensis—‘chunk’
--Verbascum—possibly white blush(not sure though)—‘chunk’-*lots*
--Rudbeckia—cappuccino—potted singly in small pots (Activia cups)
--German catchfly—‘chunk’
--Catchfly—‘chunk’
--Purple perilla—‘chunk’
--Buddleia—purple prince---‘chunk’

o

Just a few requests after reading all the posts over the last day while I was absent from the computer. :)

mikedahms--is there anything on my list so far that you would trade for your cuban oregano if it is still available?

flowergirl--is there anything on my list that you would trade for your coreopsis 'tequila sunrise'(please, please! :)) and your digitalis purpurea 'snow thimble' if it is still available?

signet--could you tell me how big the 'hosta with small spoon shaped leaves (bright green with yellow edge)gets, and is there anything that you would trade for it if it is not a big one? I tend to like the small/medium hostas. I was trying to find info on 'hosta raspberry ripple but could find nothing.....can you tell me about it or is this an error. :)

rosco p--do you have any blue cadet hosta left? Is there anything that you would trade for one? I think it may have been you that I got one from last year. I really like it and would love another if possible.

I am figuring out what to bring 'food wise' and will let you know shortly.

gg

o

Hi Greylady

Sorry it is Raspberry Parfait not Ripple ( did I write Ripple? ....My bad!)

Here is a link to a picture of Raspberry Parfait . It is a medium size Hosta http://www.hostavalley.com/a-raspberry_parfait.htm The name comes from the Raspberry colored stems.

I am guessing the other hosta which I am still trying to find the name of grows to a clump about a foot across and maybe 10 inches tall. I will know more once i find out the name.

I would like to trade hosta for hosta . Do you have any hostas that are ready to split by any chance? I am open to pretty much any of them but I prefer the huge ones LOL! .

I am interested in your Pink Princess spirea though so I am sure we could work something out.

Nyssaman .....how many pounds of Pink obedience would you like ! I have been growing it for quite a number of years so have lots. You are welcome to lots as I need the space to plant daylilies. Oh and a wee banana "Little Prince is set aside for you .

Signet

o

Hi Signet--thanks for the info about 'rasperry parfait'--very pretty! I will look at my two biggest hostas and see if they can each spare a piece. Both are NOID as one was given to me from my mom and the other from my FIL, and as they were probably given to them from another gardener, I think the names if they were ever known, have long been lost. The one might not be ready as it is taking its' own sweet time growing, but I will try. Like you said though, I do have several little princess spireas that are at least a couple of years old and most of them are at least a foot or two tall already.....(they kind of got growing in a jungle area that was a bit neglected and were a real good size by the time I found them).
I will let you know asap.
I will also be able to bring you the pink LOTV! :)
gg

o

Greylady-gardener: Yes I can round you up a BLUE CADET HOSTA. In exchange maybe RUDBECKIA CAPPUCINO?? Thanks. Ross.

o

Graylady-gardener: I feel so bad telling you this but I guess my coreopsis is not 'Tequila Sunrise' after all. You sounded so excited so I started googling it...and sure enough...mine is not variegated. It was given to me as such. So sorry. :( Mine is regular green. The flower is pretty much the same with a red ring around a center. It grows about 25 cm tall. Let me know if you want it any more. I have digitalis 'Snow Thimble'. The seedlings are small still (1 inch) so I'll give you a few. I will keep my eyes open for your future offers.

Everyone: My coreopsis 'Tequila Sunrise' is now listed as coreopsis, single yellow.

Merja

o

Ross--thanks so much for the blue cadet hosta. I will have rudbeckia cappucino for you in exchange.
thanks!

Merja--that's okay--don't feel bad at all! :) I have done pretty well the same thing to people, and they (hopefully) were okay with it. I figure the day I become 'perfect' is the day I will start getting annoyed about such things. :)Thanks for the digitalis snow thimble and yes the coreopsis would be great also, if you are able to see something on my list.
I will probably be able to list more things in a while....maybe by tomorrow after work.

gg

o
**UPDATE** Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

I just wanted to post an updated list. I had to do something this afternoon but was home and able to go and look at what needed thinning/moving/dividing etc.

--yellow loosestrife
--tall white phlox
--chives
--garlic chives
--walking onions
--one explosive embers pepper (ornamental, but have read that it is edible)
--one potted maple tree seedling(second year)
--one small golden bluebeard seedling (second year)
--sweet woodruff
--virginia bluebells
--hardy geranium NOID--small pink flowers
--tansy
--comfrey
--small perennial candytuft
--small yew seedling (several yrs old but in a bad spot and not growing very fast--needs new home-approx 10" tall)
--small catmint
--small pot pink lily of the valley--ONE only
--small (approx 4") white rose of sharon. two only
--liriope-blue
***Wintersown seedlings that are still small and some are offered as chunks(not big chunks, but with enough little seedlings to give a good start:

--Lychnis flo jovis-peggy---pot with maybe three
--Maltese cross—‘chunk’
--Mignonette—‘chunk’
--Impatiens balfourii—pot with three or four—these are tall right now—maybe four inches
--Rudbeckia—cappuccino—potted singly in small pots (Activia cups)
--Catchfly—‘chunk’
--Purple perilla—‘chunk’
--Buddleia—purple prince---‘chunk’
--hollyhock--'queeny purple'--3 in one pot

anyone interested in african violets? I have three babies (one each in an Activia cup)that I potted about a month ago after they grew from a leaf.

gg

o
**SIGNET** Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi Heather, I checked out the hosta. One of them is do-able--I can slice off a chunk for you, so could I trade it for the raspberry parfait? It is fairly large--bright green leaves that look very wrinkled. The other one really doesn't look like there is anything that would be good to slice off right now--and the leaves look awful--the hail on Saturday afternoon shredded them....it is in the front of the house and up against the house--the other is out back and not under any kind of protection and it is fine...no hail damage. Would you take the spirea for the other hosta.
Let me know....thanks :)
Lois

o

Hi Jeff,

Sounds good! Goji berry for Rodgersia aesculifolia seedling!

o

Greylady gardner I would love to trade my Cuban oregano for your Impatiens balfourii.

Mike

o

Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 22:14

Hi Greylady,

Please dont cut your hostas unless you are sure that they are of an age to split them. You can still have the two hostas (Raspberry Parfait and the spoon shaped yellowy green one ) I have on offer. We can do some virginia bluebells for one trade (I would love some of them ) and the other a princess spirea seedling. I dont want you to risk losing your hostas if they are not ready to split .

I am curious to know what a one small golden bluebeard seedling is ? This sounds intriguing to me .

Signet

o

Graylady: Thank you for being so understanding. I would love to have a golden bluebeard seedling and hollyhock 'Queeny Purple' for coreopsis and digitalis 'Snow Thimble', if it's okay with you.

Merja

o
--signet&flowergirl-- spring swap/barbecue london/springbank par

Hi signet-- I don't have a problem with cutting the one. It isn't new and has been in that spot for several years--divided a couple of times--I cut off a small piece last year and that is probably why it is a bit lopsided (if you look under the leaves) and has a piece that could be cut off to even it up. :), so if you still want it, let me know. Otherwise I will do the Virginia bluebells and the spirea. Just let me know positively.
Thanks very much for the hostas!
the golden bluebeard is a 'caryopteris-golden bluebeard'--I should have put the caryopteris in there but somehow didn't. The one I was offering has just been spoken for by flowergirl, but I do have another very small one, that I wasn't offering because it is kind of misshapened, in case you are interested.

flowergirl--confirming my hollyhock'queeny purple' and golden bluebeard for your coreopsis and digitalis 'snow thimble' thanks! :)
gg

o
MIKEDAHMS- Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi mike,
I will set aside the impatiens balfourii for your cuban oregano. Thanks!
gg

o
**updated list** spring swap/barbecue london/springbank park

My list--current as of Monday morning! :)

--yellow loosestrife
--tall white phlox
--chives
--garlic chives
--walking onions
--one potted maple tree seedling(second year)
--sweet woodruff
--hardy geranium NOID--small pink flowers
--tansy
--comfrey
--small perennial candytuft
--small yew seedling (several yrs old but in a bad spot and not growing very fast--needs new home-approx 10" tall & bushy)
--small catmint
--small pot pink lily of the valley--ONE only
--small (approx 4") white rose of sharon. two only
--liriope-blue
--one NOID tree approx 15" tall found in my 'jungle' area :)) (I'm thinking mountain ash but have to check the leaves later.)

--Lychnis flo jovis-peggy---pot with maybe two or three
--Maltese cross—‘chunk’
--Mignonette—‘chunk’
--Impatiens balfourii--3 in pot
--Catchfly—‘chunk’
--Purple perilla—-3 in pot
--buddleia-purple prince-you can choose 'chunk' or one that has been potted singly....they are all about an inch tall.
anyone interested in african violets? I have three babies (one each in an Activia cup)that I potted about a month ago after they grew from a leaf. I would even be interested in a houseplant in ex. (three for one if it is a plant that I don't have.)these are either a very dark purple or a med. purple with a white variegation in the petals(not the leaves)

gg

o

Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 14:43

Greylady,

I am at 6's and seven's as to what to do . Is it possible to see a picture of your hosta? If I already have that particular kind then I would go with the spirea and the bluebells. However on looking over your list again , I would also be interested in some Lirope . Is there something else I could trade for that ? How about a small "Twist of Lime " Hosta ? let me know please.

Flowergirl: I would still like the LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg' .If I have it , I have no idea where it is. Maybe it didnt make it where it was planted . So if we can do this one that would be great . let me know what you would like in trade for it .

Thanks
signet

o
*SIGNET*-Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi signet,
I would love to trade the liriope for the 'twist of lime' hosta, so I am confirming that for you. If you have lots, and could spare another one, then I would love another for the larger hosta if you want to do that. (No worries if you can't :))I will try and borrow my daughter's camera later on tonight and see if I can send you a pic of it.
gg

o

_________STILL AVAILABLE_________

flowering size PURPLE COLUMBINE plants
JAPANESE KERRIA
YELLOW CALLA LILLIES
1 LIGHT PURPLE LILAC
BLUE CADET HOSTA DIVISIONS
1 CAMPSIS RADICANS TRUMPET VINE
1 POTTED BACHELOR BUTTONS (FLOWERING SIZE)
1 SMALL POTTED PINK SHRUBROSE
1 YUCCA DIVISION
2 POTTED AGAPANTHUS
1 SMALL BEARS BREECHES DIVISION
1 SMALL VARIEGATED SEDUM
2 BLUE ACONITUM (MONKSHOOD) DIVISION
LUNARIA
FORGET ME NOTS
BRIGHT LEMONY YELLOW NOID DAYLILLY DIVISIONS

o
**ROSS**- Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi Ross, Is your variegated sedum tall or is it the short(creeping)type? If it is the tall kind, then I would be interested in trading if there is something on my list that interests you.
I am also interested in a lunaria and an agapanthus if you can find some other things that interest you.
let me know...thanks,
gg

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Parkagain

Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 17:52

Me again ,

Anyone interested in Lungwort? I have 3 kinds , the one that changes from pink to blue or blue to pink ( I can never remember) , a dark purple , and a bright pink one.. Let me know

Signet

o
RE: WANTED: 3Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 18:26

Hi Rosco_p

WEll , I think I would like to try a kerria again . I have told myself no a bijillion times but I keep coming back to it on your list . Is there something on my list that you might consider in trade?

Please let me know

Thanks
Signet

o
Some Additions to Trade List

Hi guys,
I'm adding the following to the trade list:

Helleborus foetidus seedlings
Impatiens niammensis (Congo Cockatoo)
Phytolacca clavigera seedlings
Heuchera villosum var. microrrhizum seedlings

Probably more to follow

o
re: wanted: spring swap/barbecue food list

Hi Nyssaman! :)
Do you have a list of what food is coming? I am trying to decide what to bring and would like to see what we need to fill in the bare spots.
thanks,
gg

o
*forgot** Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi again, Jeff. forgot to say that if there is anything that you need help with just let me know.
gg

o
RE: WANTED: 4 Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 23:02

Hi Barb in London,

I am interested in your Impatiens niammensis (Congo Cockatoo)and Phytolacca clavigera . I dont have anything quite as exotic as this but is there anything on my trade list that you might consider in trade for these ?

Thanks

Signet

o
**NYSSAMAN**Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi nyssaman--would you still have any 'hibiscus acetosella' left? Is there anything I have that you would trade for one?

o
Bev's swap list and wish list

Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 23:37

Hi all,

I'm still running the planting marathon, but it looks like the following will be available for swap. Ones marked with an asterisk are specials, only for items on my wish list.

Achillia "cassis"
* Agapanthus unknown cross of "Loch Hope" fully hardy. set of 3 small seedlings
Agastache "tutti frutti" (set of 2)
Asclepias curresavia (2)
Asclepias incarnata "Soulmate" (purple pink flowers) 1 pot of 4 small seedlings
Calaminta (set of 2)
Carthamus (Safflower) set of 3 small seedlings
Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) set of 3 small seedlings
*Cdn. wild ginger (1 piece)
Ceanothus americanus (New Jersey Tea) many small seedlings
*Cercocarpus montanus (Mountain mahogany) (1 small)
Digitalis carillon (set of 3 small)
Digitalis lanata (set of 3 small)
Digitalis obscura (set of 3 small)
Fibigia clypeata (Roman Shields) (2)
Ipomopsis rubra (scarlet gillia) lots of volunteers
Linum Perennial flax "Sapphire" (set of 4 small)
Mirabilis "limelight" (2)
Morning Glory "crimson rambler) set of 3
Penstemon barbatus (several small seedlings)
Petunia, old fashioned climbing (6 seedlings)
* Purshia tridentata (Bitterbrush) 2 small seedlings
* Rodgersia some kind of fingerleaf var. 1 small clump
Rudbeckia "Irish Eyes" 1 med. size
Salvia "purple knockout" (1)
Salvia "Snow Nymph" (set of 3)
Santolina rosemarinifolia 1 x 4" pot
Shasta Daisy "Snowdrop" 1 4'" pot
Silybum marianum (St. Mary's milk thistle) 1 med.
Stocks 10 week, mixed (set of 3)
Verbascum probably from "Banana Custard" (set of 3)

I'm looking for:

Arenaria/sandwort (white)
Bellis perennis (no volunteers, and only one left!)
Camassia
Centranthus (red valerian / Jupiters beard)
Ceratostigma (any, hardy)
Cleome any kind (gaack, I forgot to sow these, and I didn't look for volunteers)
Gooseberry or other berry bushes
Liatris (any, divison, not seedling)
Rosemary herb
Russian sage
Sanguisorba
Shrubs
Verbena Bonariensis (amazingly, no volunteers this year)
Veronica, any pink coloured

All for now,

Bev

o
^^BEV W^^ Spring Swap/Barbecue

Hi Bev,
would it be possible for you to find something on my list that you would trade for your salvia 'snow nymph' and your salvia 'purple knockout'? I do have some WS verbena bonariensis seedlings that are still small, but the ones that I planted out a little over a week ago are taking off, so these should too.
Lois

o
BEV**please add****

Hi again Bev, could you please add digitalis 'lanata' to my list with the both the salvias? I really hope there is something that interests you. I do have an over grown russian sage that I have been contemplating digging out. Maybe there are some volunteers around it. (I didn't look when I was trimming it down.)
Lois

o

Hi Bev,

I'm interested in your:
Ipomopsis rubra
Ceanothus americanus
Asclepias curresavia
Digitalis obscura
Penstemon barbatus
Do you still have a extra Stevia seedling

not sure if I have anything you would be interested in let me know.

cheers

Jeff

o
Swap will be soon

G.G. - Food is as follows

Frogged: is bringing the potato salad
Signet: is bringing the Barbecue & and a dessert
Ross: is bringing hotdogs and buns
Mike: if he has a ride is bringing pasta or chick pea salad and some juice
Blue Iris: is bringing a drunken potato salad

A seedling will be set aside for you GG of Hibiscus acetelossa for the Maltese cross.

Cheers

Jeff

o

Hi Bev,

I possibly have some sanguisorba that I could trade for Asclepias curresavia . I will have to go look at my plants
I may also have some gooseberry and currant bushes but again will have to check before I can commit to it . I would be interested in your Rodgersia some kind of fingerleaf var. 1 small clump and Mirabilis "limelight if I do . I will get back to you by tomorrow with availability as I am out for a bit today sometime .

signet

o

Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 8:53

Greylady/Lois: I would take three of your Spirea "little princess" seedlings (if you have that many) and a chunk of your Verbena Bon. for the Salvia (Purple Knockout & Snow Nymph), the Lorraine Sunshine, and the Digitalis lanata.
Jeff: I didn't grow the Stevia this year. Sorry. I will check this very long thread to see what you have in trade for me.

Signet: Will wait for your update.

Bev

o

Hi Bev,
I am interested in digitalis obscura. I have self-seeded cleome if you would like that as a trade. I could bring you a bunch.

Signet:
Yes, I will bring you LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'. I'll give you a one big one and some smaller ones to go with it. If you want to give a daylily 'Fuss and Bother' for it, that would be great. Even I shouldn't take any more daylilies, you know, but I can't help myself. This is what I have for you this far:
pink lily
orange asiatic lily, punch of small ones
walking onions
mini tan iris
mauve/pink historic iris
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
lupine seedlings

From you (can you confirm, if this is ok with you):
pink/white lily
lily Philos
Black Cherry tomato
daylily 'Fuss and Bother'
tomato Muchamiel
geranium 'Vancouver Centennial'
geranium 'Indian Dunes'

Merja

o
RE: Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Thanks for the list of food, Jeff. Do you have any idea how many of us there will be? If there are going to be lots then I would bring more hot dogs, but if not then I may lean toward drinks and some munchies.not sure though, so will give it more thought.

ROSS--I have confirmed my WS rudbeckia cappuccino for your hosta blue cadet, but did you see my message above regarding your variegated sedum, lunaria and agapanthus?

SIGNET--My daughter tells me that the batteries need replacing in her camera! GGGGRRR!! I need to get my own! :)
The hosta seems like a pretty common one. I would imagine that it is any way. It has bright green wrinkled leaves. My mom had it for years before I got a piece and now mine is fairly old.

BEV--I did check and there are enough little princess spirea for you to have three, and I will also set aside some verbena bonariensis for you.

EVERYONE please check out my list--surely someone wants something else!! :)

gg

o
**JEFF**--Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Sorry Jeff, I did mean to say thanks and confirm the trade of your hibiscus acetosella seedling, for my maltese cross 'chunk'
gg

o

Greylady-gardener: Sorry it took some time to get back to you!! I can set aside the VARIEGATED SEDUM, AGAPANTHUS and a LUNARIA for you. I'm not sure if you have any of these left or not but from your list if you have any CANDY TUFT or IMPATIENS or VERBENA that would be good.

SIGNET: So you would like to try KERRIA again?? I will set some aside for you. If you still have any LUNGWORT that would be nice??

o
ROSS***** Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Thanks Ross:
confirming-- your variegated sedum, agapanthus & lunaria for my perennial candytuft, impatiens balfourii (pot of 2 or 3) and a WS 'chunk, of verbena bonariensis
plus your hosta 'blue cadet' for my WS seedling of rudbeckia 'cappuccino'.

Thanks for the trade. :)
Lois

o

HI Bev

I have some Red elderberry seedlings to start but I have still have to organize a little more - I have been working on my gardens at the new house. I also have some native coneflowers green and grey I believe but I have to check.

Jeff

o

Hi Bev,

I have lots of winter sowed purple cleome and several indoors grown bellis seedlings if you would like them. I'd love some of your ceanothus seedlings.

Cheers,
Heather

o
***BLUEIRIS***-Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Hi Heather/blueiris, I just wanted to confirm our trade. I wasn't sure if you had tried to reply to my last e-mail or not, so thought that I would ask here. The e-mails can sometimes go missing. :)
Lois

o

HiBlueiris ,

Signet here . I would love some of your winter sowed purple cleome . Is there anything else on my list that might interest you ?

Nyssaman: I would REALLY REALLY like to work a trade with you for some of your Red Mulberries please. What can I do to convince you to take something from my list ?

Rosco_p : Lungwort for Kerria .....Lovely and thanks for being so kind as to trade one of these with me !

Signet

o
RE: WANTED: oops! Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Oh darn , I knew I shouldnt have sent that last message I wasnt finished.

Greylady , if you should have some Russian Sage baby volunteers, I would love to trade for some please.

Ok now I am done ! ( I think)

Signet

o

Wed, Jun 4, 08 at 14:36

Hi Bev,

I have separated a sanguisorba from the mother plant for you . I also have 4 gooseberry/currant bush volunteers ( good size) if you are interested . It is a little difficult to tell currant from gooseberry when they are small plants however I am going to say best guess from check the leaves that there is two of each .

Anyway if you are interested I would trade you for the rogersia , mirabilis Limelight and I was wondering if you would have any blue bells available ...I know they are not on your trade list. The ones I traded with you from before didnt survive and I would love to try again . Let me know please if you are interested in these .

Signet

o
confirming trades & two additions to my list

Wed, Jun 4, 08 at 15:44

Hi Jeff, No thanks to the red elderberry—I already have an elderberry.

Hi Heather/Blueiris: excellent! You sowed the seeds I forgot to sow! You can have four Ceanothus for a few Cleomes and Bellis

Hi Barb/Signet: Deal. Sanguisorba and gooseberry/currant seedlings for Rogersia and 2 Mirabilis limelight. We'll need some really warm weather for these to fatten up before June 14th. Nothing is dying, but nothing is growing… Oh, and I don't have any bluebells. I somehow never got these established. Heather/Blueiris had some seeds for Texas Bluebonnets—don't know if they ever became seedlings.

Merja/Flowergirl: okay, you get Digitalis obscura and I'll have some of your Cleome volunteers.

Adding to my available list:

- lots of tiny tree seedlings: Sycamore, collected in Calton Swamp, near Tillsonburg
- a pot three small seedlings of Cotoneaster repens

- Bev

o

Wed, Jun 4, 08 at 16:50

Hi Bev ,

Signet here, by the way , my name is Heather not Barb I will set aside the Sanguisorba and 1 gooseberry and 1 currant seedling for the Rogersia and the Miarbilis Limelight . Thanks

Heather aka Signet

o

I have 4 lions tail or wild Dagga (Leonotis leonurus) seedlings - first choice goes to Bev on these.

Weather wise it would appear that June 14th may be a wet day - I will look for a sheltered area in the park and then see if I have to reserve it just in case. Even though were all sweet people were not made of icing sugar so I know we won't melt

Cheers

Jeff

o

Wed, Jun 4, 08 at 22:11

Hi Jeff,

If Bev doesnt take all the Leonotis leonurus seedlings , I would be interested please. In one anyway if possible. Thanks

Signet

o

Signet: I'll set one aside for you Heather for now - they are a foot high.

Jeff

o
RE: Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

SIGNET--I will look tomorrow and see if there are any babies of the Russian sage.

I would like to add a couple of things ot my trade list.

One is a passionflower that I grew from seed started in March. It is approx 10-11 inches tall right now .

the second is a cutting taken yesterday of a plectranthus 'mona lavender' plant that was sent to me by a very generous member of GW. I rooted the two cuttings sent to me and now they are large enough to take a cutting so I have to offer 'one cutting--unrooted for now but it is in a pot. I was so happy to get this plant so it is kind of special to me. do you have something a bit different and special that you would like to trade for it?
gg

o
RE:plectranthus- mona lavender

forgot that I wanted to add a link to show you what this plant looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: plectranthus mona lavender

o
RE: Plectranthus

Hi Greylady,

It's so hard to say if I have anything special or different to trade for your plectranthus. Special or different can mean different things to different people ...so what I might consider special or different perhaps is common in your estimation. What might you consider special or different? I just might have some ...or what would you like in trade if you had your d'ruthers? Let some suggestions fly and I will see if I have something that you might like for it .

Nyssaman : THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I have wanted this plant Leonotis leonuris for a very long time . Never thought I would get one in a trade. What am I trading you for it ?

Signet

o

Hi Heather, I didn't mean to make you feel that I was talking directly to you and making you feel obligated to consider this particular plant. :)After all, you are right, and everyone has different ideas about what is special and you may not think the plectranthus 'mona lavender' is as great as I do.;-) I just reread it and it does sound like I was targeting you, so I hope you don't feel uncomfortable and like you have to find something to trade for the plant. The first part about the russian sage was for you. The next part about the 'special trade' was just thrown out there for anyone who might know the plant and want it as much as I did, or see the plant on the link and then decide that they would like it. I guess I rambled on about it(then and now-ha ha) because I had mixed feelings about letting any part of it go after looking for it for so long, but would if someone let me know that they really wanted it and/or had been looking for it for a while like I had been.
I will leave it that if you want the plant, just please forget what I said in the original post and treat it like any other offer, and forgive my ramblings....If you don't want the plant that is okay too. It will still be on my trade list. I must have been too tired to post, and should have been in bed. LOL!
gg

o

Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 12:51

Hi Greylady ,

No worries, the plant interests me. Really! but I have no idea what I can offer in trade. What are you looking for /what would you like ?

Let me know please and thank you .

Signet

o
***SIGNET***Spring Swap/Barbecue London/Springbank Park

Signet you an e-mail. I finally got some pics for you. :)
gg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here