Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenitis

HAVE: Rooted Wisteria Cuttings

gardenitis
14 years ago

I have some nice rooted cuttings of wisteria to trade. I can't say exactly what variety it is, but it's flowers looks just like "Blue Moon" which is hardy zones 3 - 9. I let mine climb a chain link fence and do as it pleases, but I have a neighbour that has hers trained as a tree (stunning).

I am interested in a variety of perennials trades, so if you'd like to trade, let me know what you have.

Comments (13)

• runningtrails
    14 years ago

I would absolutely love a wisteria cutting. I have to trade (copied from my trades page):

Siberian iris - dk purple
    cinnamon fern
    mayapple
    filipendul "Rubra" - meadowsweet pink
    pink obedient plant
    Perennial hibiscus 1 yr old seedlings op mixed
    euphorbia
    mum - pink spreading
    shasta daisy
    feverfew
    monarda, lavender
    tall phlox, perennial pink
    thyme

• imagooch zone 6b/7a Chatham ON
    14 years ago

My friend from Tennessee is undergoing wisteria withdrawl!!! She would love some of these!!

Plants that I have to to share/trade
    Aquilegia (Columbine) blue, pale yellow, canedesis (red and cream)
    Bergenia
    Convallaria majalis (Lily of the Valley) white
    English ivy
    Forget-me-not
    gloriosa daisy - rudbekia hirta
    japanese anemone
    Tiarella
    Yucca (Adams Needle)
    Sedum - large
    Groundcover sedum
    Sweet woodruff
    Also lots of hastas - see my trading page.

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Imagooch,

I bet your friend will just love these! The mother plant flowers like crazy and is very hardy. The runners from my 30+ feet of fence that is covered with wisteria. On the opposite side of the fence is an empty field where they have gone to ground over the years and formed roots. I have given many out to friends, I usually recommend to take more than you need just incase some do not survive. If they all grow, then your friend can trade some with others. How many would you like to have?

I'm interested in your hostas. Seems like you can never have enough hostas:>) I'm looking to add smaller varieties and yellows to my collection - so I think I'd be interested in Amber Tiara, Faithful Heart, Gold Drop, Gold Sceptor and Grand Tiara.

Talk again soon,
    Michelle/Gardenitis

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Runningtrails,

You bet I'd love to trade. How many would you like to have? I recommend that you take a couple more than you need due to the fact that gives you better survival chances.

I'm interested in your euphorbia, lavendar monarda and cinnamon fern.

Talk again,
    Michelle/Gardenitis

• growjo
    14 years ago

Hello Michelle,
    I'm also interested in trading for some of your Wisteria. I have some sweet autumn/virgin bower clematis or a large selection of other perennials. What plants are you looking for? I look forward to hearing from you.
    growjo

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Growjo,

Glad to hear that you'd enjoy some wisteria. How many would you like?

I am particularly looking for yellow hosta. I noticed that you have several varieties - Jimmy Crack Corn, Forest Fire & Sun Power. Would you be willing to trade for divisions of these?

Talk again,
    Michelle

• growjo
    14 years ago

Michelle,
    I'm sorry but I just received these hosta's from an order I made and they can't be divided yet. I posted them for the hosta exchange coming up. I do have blue cadet, albomarginata, mediiovariegata, or hycinthina to trade if your interested. Or I am going to be digging up some mountain bluet, veronica blue bouquet, white anemone, pure yellow iris or limelight artemesia shortly if you're interested.
    growjo

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Growjo,

No problem, I thought I'd ask since those were things that I could use from your list. If you like, I can send you some in the mail if you'd like to send me stamps to cover the postage? No exchange needed, just postage. Let me know if this would work for you.

M:>)

• happyforever
    14 years ago

If you still have more wisteria, I'd love to trade with you. Here is what I have.

Jacob's Ladder
    Peony - red, and pink
    hosta's
    Lilies - asiatic
    Korean lilac
    Jasmine vine - fragrant

• growjo
    14 years ago

Gardenitis,
    I'll send you postage for the Wisteria, I'll need your address and the amount of postage to include. Thanks for sharing your Wisteria.
    growjo

• xenon13
    14 years ago

Hi Gardenitis,
    My husband and I are new in our house and just started building our gardens yesterday!! The only thing that I have to trade is a couple of Canna Tubers. Sorry I don't know what colour or kind they are but I planted a few yesterday and wanted to plant some in a couple of urns...but I don't have any yet. Sorry I'm rambling. If you would be interested in them I'd love some wisteria if you have any left. I've got a whole yard that is fenced that I'd love covered in vines...

Anyway, let me know what you think.
    Sherry

• gardenitis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Growjo,

CAn you private message me so that I can reply to you personally? Don't want to post my name & address.

Thanks! Michelle

• yellow_rose_man
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,I have a repeat blooming lilac rooted cutting that I would be willing to trade for a rooted wisteria cutting if you are interested,I also have a large selection of roses.Please email me if you still have any cuttings and are interested.
    Thanks,Bruce

Sponsored
More Discussions