Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

wanted: sw ont. plant swap/london & area--#3

greylady_gardener
14 years ago

I will start this post if that is alright, as I want to post before work and the other is full.

(Jeff start another thread for it if you want)

Merja--thank you for the pink scabiosa. I will pot up the achimenes for you.(they will be a mix of types). Don't be surprised if you get what looks like a pot of soil though, as they do take a week or so (sometimes) to start growing/showing. I promise they will be in there! 8-)

blueiris--thank you so much! I do have the yellow iris--just finished flowering last week. I will dig up a good clump for you.

Comments (82)

• nyssaman
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Barb from London

The Carolina Jessamine has not germinated yet - seeds are from last year - The Agave Pup is yours - it is just a baby though. Do you still have that white garden arch?If you do I'm still interested and can pay you for it on Sunday.

cheers

Jeff

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Barb, I will bring both the phlox and the plectranthus as the only other plectranthus I have available is just a small one stem cutting, but it is rooted and planted.

The info about the swap is about 11 or 12 posts above. Blueiris has made a good post about all you will need to know. We will be having a pot luck and the food is also posted there as well as directions.

see you Sunday! 8-)
    gg

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

SIGNET: Kniphofia is yours. Is the black currant bush still available? So glad you can make it even if it is just for a short while.

Merja

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Barb_from_London: thanks for the trade - some Hummingbird Red nicotiana is set aside for you, for your dwarf iris possibly named darth vadar

• nyssaman
    14 years ago

Is anyone in here growing Crossvine (Bignonia capreolata)

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Tomorrow I'll post a confirmation of trades.

Hi Merja: re: blackberry lilies-- just thought if you planted them separately you'd have a "patch" rather than a clump. They increase pretty steadily every year. And they do self-seed.

Hi Jeff: I have a Bignonia/Crossvine but it is too small to take a cutting. This last was its first winter and it died right back to the ground.

Hi Heather/BlueIris: How about this? You get a "multi-pot" Violet Dusk penstemon (4 small seedlings in a larger pot); two (maybe three-- depends how many are left after I plant them out today) of the Cypress vine; one Choco.Drop Penstemon; one Phlox David; one blue veronica.
    In return: Cuphea starlet, cleome, Lambs Ears, wild bergamot, and one or two Cerinthe?

re: days events. I'll bring name tag paper and markers. As promised I'll bring the canopy tent and stuff (signs/stakes) to set up the trader areas and gamblers circle. Early morning "company" very welcome!

Reminder to all: bring your labelled extras and leftovers for gamblers circle.

Sunday is looking like sunny and warm... yayee!

Here's a map to the picnic area location: http://www.theviennacafe.ca/images//SpringbankPark-blw.jpg

Bev

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi again, Have transferred my list to this post . I have added a few items to the bottom of the list
    Here is my availables list:

regular and cherrypink lungwort
    candy necklace iris
    forget me nots
    small divisions of Brunnera " Jack Frost"
    mini purple iris
    yellow with purple iris
    violets - purple, white with purple ,and violet "freckles" white with purple polkadots
    ladybells ( can be invasive)
    Chinese lanterns (can be invasive)
    Dame's Rocket ( great butterfly attractor)
    Centaurea montana
    Centaurea Dealbata
    couple of small divisions of yellow primrose
    1 large agapanthus
    1 very small agapanthus
    1 fuschia ( tropical)
    Double feverfew
    Golden feverfew (small divisions)

HOSTAS
    small division of "Twist of Lime" (this is a real mini)
    August Moon
    Paul's Glory
    lancifolia ( great edger hosta .increases really well
    unknown varigated ( again increases well)
    Small division of Stilleto
    Daylilies :

Rocket City
    Siloam Uri Winniford
    Little Winecup
    Bradley Bernard
    1 df division of Bonanza
    unknown name red daylily
    Schoolbus yellow daylily sold to me as Fulva Tawny but is not but I keep it as it is a gorgeous daylily (bagel type of daylily)

Ground covers :
    Goutweed ( good for very dry shady or sun location where nothing else will grow )
    creeping buttercup
    Creeping Jenny
    couple of types of sedum
    Ajuga "Chocolate chip"

bulbs:
    Snowdrops
    Star of Bethlehem
    Poet's Narcissus ( heavenly smell ...blooms now - great naturallizer)

ADDITIONS: (Note: would prefer to trade daylily for daylily )

Daylily - Hyperion (DF)
    Daylily - Best Kept Secret (DF)
    Daylily - Second Glance (DF)
    Daylily - Trahlyta (DF)
    Daylily - Flava ( blooms earliest i.e. now while most
    daylilies bloom July)
    daylily - Milk Chocolate

Starry False Solomon's Seal
    1 Double Mauve Lilac ( about 4 feet tall. Just potted up)
    Verbascum phonecium(white with purple center)
    Chives
    Garlic chives
    Perennial Green onions
    CatMint
    Lemon Balm
    Peppermint
    Yarrow (achillea) white , Red
    Achillea ptarmica The PearlÂ
    Rudbeckia Lancinata "Golden Glow"
    1 black currant bush
    2 small thornless blackberry bushes (small)
    strawberries
    Wild garlic ( the french pickle these )

Hi Jeff, back on page 2 I had asked about a African forest lily pups and Greylady did too. She changed her mind and asked for something else so if it is still avialable I would be interested please. Oh , and no worries about the lily bulb ....I just got all excited cuz I love red in the garden

Here are my trades:

Nyssaman:

Tropical Fuschia ( this looks terrible right now , it has lost all its leaves since I put it outside and if you dont want it I will understand )
    Large Agapanthus
    Snowdrops
    Star of Bethlehem

Bev W:

Verbascum
    Primula ( Cowslip)
    Primrose Missouriensis
    False Solomon's Seal
    Strawberries ( Need to know how many you would like ??)

MOT:

Paul's Glory Hosta
    Siloam Uri Winniford
    Poet's Narcissus
    Mini Purple iris
    Rose of Sharon
    Scotch Moss
    onions
    Purple Ground Phlox

Flowergirl :

Twist of Lime Hosta
    Paul's Glory Hosta
    Garlic chives
    Currant bush

Merja I would love some cleome "Cherry Queen" please what would you like in trade ?

Ross:

Paul's Glory Hosta
    Mini Purple Iris
    Brunnera "Jack Frost"

Greylady:

Brunnera "Jack Frost"
    Daylily "Aquamarine"
    Ajuga " Chocolate Chip"
    Daylily " Rocket City"
    Primrose Missouriensis

Gardeng8:

Yellow spring Primrose
    Peony
    Dame's Rocket
    Forsythia cutting

Lovinlife:

Daylily Siloam Uri Winniford
    Daylily Trahlyta
    Poet's Narcissus
    Thornless Blackberry

Bill11 :

Daylily "Milk Chocolate"
    Hosta "Twist of Lime"

Frogged :

Dame's Rocket
    Dark Purple Iris

BlueIris:

mini Purple iris
    Red Unknown daylily
    Yellow Canna
    verbascum

BarbinLondon:
    thornless blackberry

RoscoeP: I was just reveiwing the posts and I would love another Kerria division if possible please. I really love that plant but for some reason the one I have has had a really hard time here so would love to try again .

Flowergirl: Yes the currant bush is available but I am not sure if it is black or red currant .also the candy necklace Iris .

So sorry, I was reviewing the posts and it seems I missed the one where you asked about the candy necklace iris. It is a pale mauve iris ( very old variety and very hardy ) I call it my "Candy Necklace" iris cuz that is what it smells like to me . Nice increaser .Let me know if you would like some .

Need some confirmations on the above trades I have made please people . Dont want to disappoint anyone on Sunday

Signet

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

SIGNET: I will bring along a Kerria start for you. No trade necessary. Thankyou. Ross.

• nyssaman
    14 years ago

I will bring the other African Forest lily for you Sigy

Cheers

Jeff

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Bev_W Thanks so much for the trades - that sounds great!

Signet - Looks good for our trades. By the by - the candy necklace iris that I got from you is gorgeous right now!

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to getting together. If anyone has any suggestions for games please let me know!

BlueIris3/Heather2

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

SIGNET: If you are not sure if the currant bush is red or black I better leave it since I have red ones already. I pick candy necklace iris instead, please. Thank you.

MOT: Did you want another aquilegia for a pot of trilliums? Please, let me know.

Thank you for all the trades everyone.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Blue Iris : Need you to pick something else, I just check my canna ...what the mice didnt destroy , mold appears to have ....end result no yellow canna . I have 2 boxes of red though if you are interested in some which I had tons of so some of it has survived. Let me know please. So Sorry !

BarbinLondon: your post to and from BevW about perennial begonia . I am being bold here and asking if you would have a piece to share ? No pressure :?)

MOT : check your trade list, I would love some of your forest green Parsley?

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

oops, meant to say to MOT : I just checked your trade list ( not check your trade list ) and I would love some of your forest green parsley ..Sorry that last post I made sounded so rude!

I have some camomile to offer .

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

GARDENG8: Just letting you know, you should have me down for blue azure allium. I have these down for you: bright pink peony, blue delphinium, lupine, pink Bleeding Heart, hot pink hardy geranium, larkspurs and a daylily. Let me know if something is missing. Thank you.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Gardeng8,

Just wondering if you would be interested in trading a couple of Allium "Blue Azure" for a couple of allium "Purple Sensation"? Let me know .

Thanks
    Signet

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Signet: No problem about the cannas, do you still have some non dwarf purple (or yellow or white) iris available? Thanks for looking!

BlueIris3/Heather

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

confirmed trades with signet and Carol

Signet would be intereased in a small thornless black berry
    They parsley is just seeds but I do have them :) didn't think you sounded rude at all.

Sure Merja that would be great

I know its late but I have some caster bean seeds to add if anyone is interested

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone: I guess the forums are up and running again. I felt cut off since yestterday afternoon . See everyone tomorrow at the swap. Ross.

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

sure gardeng8 I would love some snapdragon seeds

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Signet: Just a last-minute followup on the goji. I moved a small one and separated out two plants. One I potted up for you-- there is still some life in it. Anyway, its yours to nurse now... Also, do you have a piece of that Yarrow ptarmica "the pearl"? You can pick something from my list or I'll just surprise you with a "special"...

Lois (GG) Maltese Cross, dill, agastache tutti frutti, nepeta walker's low, verbena and penstemon smallii violet dusk

Merja/Flowergirl passiflora seedling; agastache sunset; Penstemon smallii "Violet Dusk" and Campanula medium

MoT phlox david seedling; woodland plox div.; sunflower earthwalker, red cypress vine

Ross amaranth golden giant, parsley darki, cup plant, penstemon choc. drop, ground cover verbena, eremurus

GardenG8 (Carol) amaranth golden giant, salvia rose queen, nepeta walkers low, agastache tutti frutti; eremurus

Jeff: eremurus; passiflora (receiving plant labels)

Signet: eremurus, goji, parsley, costmary

Heather/BlueIris Penst. Choc Drop, Penst. Violet dusk; cypress vine (2); blue verbena; phlox David;

See everyone tomorrow!

- Bev

p.s. Signet & BlueIris: I'll bring a couple of door prizes too.

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

frogged- yellow daylilies
    carol- 2 bag of manure, sunflower(1 plant and some seeds), casterbeans adn yellow hollyhock
    Signet-3 pots of trout lilies,purple lamium, green peppers, maple seedlings, pink ground phlox
    Blueiris3- 2 bags of manure, yellow daylilies, sunflower seeds, pink phlox
    Jeff- trilliums, jack in the pulpit
    Bev- 2 bags of manure, yogart cups
    Ross- bag of manure, trout lily, trilliums, green peppers
    Merja- 5 bags of manure, trilliums
    Lois- trilliums, yellow hollyhocks

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Phew ! finally on again . I have to admit I was freaking out cuz I had asked about doing some trades and hadn't heard back yea or nay and was worried that someone would bring a trade and I wouldnt have my trade to give them .

Anyway,

Gardeng8 : confirmed Purple sensation for blue Azure allium

BlueIris : I dont have a yellow canna but I have an interesting canna for you .

MOT : I am sorry but I only got 2 thornless blackberry offshoots this spring and they have been spoken for. How about a division of an Iris looks very much like the one shown here : http://iris.stores.yahoo.net/8102.html

let me know asap please.

Signet

• nyssaman
    14 years ago

Just a reminder that everyone should go through the posts one more time to make sure there not leaving anything out.

It looks like it will be chilly one tomorrow but at least it will be sunny.

cheers

Jeff

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Packing up the car tonight-- discovered the canopy tent has been home to mice over the winter. It's pretty much unuseable. If anyone else can bring something for shade, please do.

- Bev

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

That will be great Signet see you all tomorrow

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bev,
    We don't have a tent for shade but there are the trees near the building.

Do you remember my asking for the penstemon chocolate drop?
    (near the bottom of page one) you agreed, but we never did arrange what you would like in trade. Please let me know. thanks
    gg

• lovinlife
    14 years ago

I know I'm late but just hoping I can confirm trades.

flowergirl: Egyptian Queen, Dream Legacy, Patriot hosta, African daisy

Rosco: Dream legacy and Baby's Breath

gardeng8:Grandpa Ott and Flying saucer

greylady:hosta tiny tears

Signet:Eguptian Queen, Dream Legacy, Patriot, Ventricosa

I'm not totally sure were the swap is at but it looks like it is off of Commissioners near Storybook gardens. I hope I can find it.

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi Lovinlife,

Boy you are either up real early or going to bed real late LOL ! I just want to confirm my trades with you and thanks so much ! Looking forward to seeing you at the swap

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    thanks to you all for the great plants and the great food and the great garden talk today!

I hope that I got all the things straight and that you all got what you were supposed to get. If you are missing anything at all please let me know. I was just in the back yard and realized that I have three pots of peach leafed bellflower sitting there, so I hope they were just extras that I was going to bring for the gambler's circle.

thank you all again for the great plants!
    gg

• nyssaman
    14 years ago

I just wanted to thank everyone for a great day - thanks Bev for holding the Park - Thanks to whoever got the prizes..lol. Thanks to all those who drove across hells half acre to get to the swap. A wee chilly but other than that a great day. Now I'm going to relax after a night in the garden and hope that Pittsburgh kicks Detroit's Butt.Thanks for all the great trades.

cheers
    all

Jeff

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Coming home from the annual swap is like Christmas-- great but a little overwhelming. So much to plant! Thanks to Signet (for bringing most of the door prizes) and BlueIris for organizing the games and to everyone who brought food.

Just a couple of notes for next year. I figured we should re-use the name signs & stakes, since most of the same people will be attending. Barb in London took these home and I hope she'll volunteer to hold the park next year.

Also, may I suggest that we start a Yahoo group for the swap next year? That way we can post our trade lists as databases/tables that everyone can see just by clicking-- no need to scroll and search through various threads for the latest versions. Other than being able to create and view online tables, the group works like a regular discussion board. We can post a link to the Yahoo Group and if someone wants to come to the swap we can just refer them. Creating a Yahoo ID is free, and you can tell the system to e-mail new posts either singly or as a daily digest. Or you can request no e-mails and just follow the threads by visiting the group page online.

Just an idea.

- Bev

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Well, I must say I had a great time today , stayed longer than I planned and much longer than I should have and after coming home to drop off plants headed to Sarnia where I should have been about 3.5 hours earlier . well .....life goes on ..and I did have a good time at the swap .
    So it is 10 after 10 p.m. and I am just home and finally sitting down and wanted to write to thank everyone for the great plants ,chat , food and fun.

Again it was great to see everyone from previous years and great that we have added to our membership with Gardeng8 driving all the way from Simcoe ! Thanks so much for joining us . Hope you come back next year !

Flowergirl: Good to see you again and oh my gosh thanks so much for the huge clump of daylilies and all the other plants too . You need to come for a visit in July when the daylilies are blooming

WMC1: Many thanks for the plants and seeds and hope to see you down here soon.

BarbfromLondon, help me here please , I need the name again of the two huge plants you brought to the swap ( I forgot to write them down ) and I need to research the best spot for them . I am thrilled with these and the hellebore ( what are you feeding your plants anyway ..they appear to be on steroids. Looking forward too to the perennial begonia . I will let you know how it progresses .

Bev I am soooooo excited about the Goji you have no idea . thank you thank you thank you ! Emereus too! Hope your foot is better soon and many thanks for holding the spot at Springbank this morning , it couldnt have been much fun . .....especially with the frigid weather .... it was almost cold enough to have kept yourself occupied with some snowball throwing . Ouch ! I appreciated you doing that for all of us !

Blueiris: Thank you for handling the games this year ...that was one tough game trying to guess the plants . Many thanks too for all great plants.

Ross: Many thanks for the kerria , gardenia and blue salvia especially and for coming in especially after a full morning with your CF walk ....bet you have no trouble sleeping tonight.

Jeff : maybe you can get the fuschia to do something I never could , same with the mini banana and agapanthus .....Tropicals just dont like me I guess. Thanks for the trades ....see you and the family soon I hope

Lovinlife : Thanks for the swaps especially the daylilies ( I have to get out there early tomorrow and get them planted ...excited to be adding two new varieties to my gardens . By the way what is your name on the L.A. ? so I know not to bid against you LOL !) Hope you come for a visit in July .

Frogged: Many thanks for the iris ...I never expected such a huge clump and the pansies too ....Have a great time in the garden this summer !

MOT : thanks for the maples , the purple lamium and the trout lilies. Dont forget to send me a pic if you can of the plant we talked about . Good to see you again

Bill11 : Glad to see you again this year ....didnt get enough time to talk to both of you though . Thanks so much for the hosta ! I love when I can add to my hosta collection . Hope to see you both down here to grab some iris .... when you would like to come just email me .

Greylady: Dont think I got a chance to chat with you today ..but thank you for the swaps especially the pots I am always on the look out for pots !

and finally Gardeng8: Thank you so much for joining us and for the travelling all that way to do so . Thanks so much for the great swaps too !

Once you all have a chance to check your lists and plants please if I missed anything , let me know OK?

Well gang it has been a busy day , I am pooped ...heading off to rest ...I want to thank you all for being at the swap ...It feels like going home when I go to our yearly swap now ...great to see some old friends and you all feel like friends after 4 years of swapping ! Hope you all stay well and hope you all have a wonderful summer !

Thanks again for everything

Signet

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Thankyou All! I looked forward to the swap this year for months and once again I was not disappointed. Thankyou to everyone who in any part helped with the organizing of this special day. I realize the work involved behind the scenes and appreciate everyones efforts in making it happen.My wife enjoyed her time at the swap also even though she is not a gardener. It is nice to see everyone to remind us all who we are trading with and gardening "together" with. I know I spent several hours outdoors yesterday once home and have found special places for all the treasures of the day. I hope everyone else had the same great experience. Thanks again. Ross.

• bill_l1
    14 years ago

Wanted to say thank you to everyone for a very nice lunch & a great afternoon. nice to see old friends & meet new friends. I always learn something very worthwhile at these gatherings.
    Bev ,thanks for all your effort on our behalf ,could not have been very nice sitting there in the cold.Thanks you.
    I will set a varigated red Cana aside for you for next year .(if I do not see you before,never know when we might be n the Vienna area.)
    I have tried to include a link to photos of some of our Iris's. Some folks wanted to see them. Hope ot works.

Cheers

Bill(rosarian)

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

I wanted to thank everyone 1st for those who helped me unload all those bags of manure and second for all the great plants. I am so excited to get them into my sad little garden. Next year it should look beautiful....well later this summer too. My husband is making me a nursery box for my baby rose of sharons and lilac so that they can grow some more. I am so excited to see them all flower ain a few years. It was alittle cool but all in all a great day.
    thanks again everyone
    Sharri

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

BILL: Nice to see that someone remembered their camera. Nice pictures. Good to look back on them even though it was only yesterday. Ross

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes thanks for the pics, bill. I remembered my camera, but never took it out of my pocket. I am just not used to having a camera again!

bev, what a great idea about our own swap Yahoo group.
    we will have to do that.
    gg

• frogged
    14 years ago

Hello, just wanted to post my thanks as well. As always there were lots of good food plants and people. I was thinking it might be nice if we all posted pictures on one of the forums of everyones gardens. So we could see everyones hard work. Does anyone have a sugestion of where this could be done? Or if anyone is interested other than me to see all of your gardens? Just a thought Frogged.

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi all ,

I have been digging and planting this morning and it appears that I am missing a daylily from Lovinlife from my prearranged trades .... Egyptian Queen. I am wondering if it got placed in someone else's plant area by mistake . Can you all check please and let me know if you have found it ?

Barring that , Lovinlife, can you describe the pot it was in please? I am assuming it would have been in the same kind of pot as Dream Legacy and marked the same way ? All the plants I received are all in the same place so I dont think I am overlooking it .

Thanks for your help everyone

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Frogged: great idea. It would be nice to see how the plants have settled in and done in their new homes.

Signet: sorry to hear about your missing daylily. I hope it turns up for you.
    gg

• bev_w
    14 years ago

re: posting photos of swap plants in their new homes...

A Flickr account is free.

- bev

• bill_l1
    14 years ago

Photobucket is also a free photo hosting site.Very easy to use as well.

Bill

• frogged
    14 years ago

Hello so I have a group album on Photo bucket, the url is http://photobucket.com/frogged
    Please feel free to email me for the pass word, so you can upload your photos to share. I will be borrowing a camera soon so that I can post soon too. THANKS frogged/aka Kim

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone; It has taken me since the swap to figure out how to take, upload, download and see these pictures on the screen. I just wanted to share with you my backyard gardening space that I work with and hope that others of you will share your spaces also. Thankyou. Ross.
    {{gwi:682498}}
    {{gwi:682500}}
    {{gwi:682504}}
    {{gwi:682507}}
    {{gwi:682510}}
    {{gwi:682512}}
    {{gwi:682514}}
    {{gwi:682516}}
    {{gwi:682518}}
    {{gwi:682519}}
    {{gwi:682520}}
    {{gwi:682522}}
    {{gwi:682524}}
    {{gwi:682526}}
    {{gwi:682528}}
    Thanks for looking. Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Ross, thank you for sharing your very lovely gardens with us. They look so nice and well kept.
    What are the yellow flowers in the last pic?
    gg

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Wow ! Gorgeous gardens Ross! I especially love your clump of Lupins and the soft peachy iris ! It is nice to see other peoples' gardens Thanks for sharing those pics.

Oh by the way everyone I found Egyptian Queen . It wasnt in the same kind of pot as the other daylily like I originally thought and my friend had put it in a different spot than I thought all the plants from the swap were in .Thought you all might like to know .

I also had to make another garden to accomodate all the new plants you all generously shared with me . (Like I needed another garden LOL! ) Anyway just would like to say thanks to all for all the wonderful plants !

Signet

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Lois: Thanks for the kind comments. the yellow flower in the last picture is yellow Loostrife. It adds great colour and is long lasting.BTW. I am still awaiting germination of the Crossandra seed which you traded me and I planted on June 2/09.

Heather: Thankyou also for the kind comments. I truly enjoy the peace of mind I get from working with the gardens. How about a couple of pictures of your gardens also to remind me. It has been a couple of years since I last wandered around you're gorgeous landscape. Bye for now. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi everyone , been busy working on gardens and suffering from what appears to be a chronic case of Poison ivy that keeps recurring for some reason. On my third dose of steroids for it . I hope that this course of steroids has finally controlled it! it has been brutal ! Otherwise I am gonna have to take up wrestling or something ! ( as they said on saturday night live " gonna Pump you up ! LoL ! ) Seriously though I have not been enjoying this spring all that much fighting with this poison ivy thing . Seemed to start shortly after the swap and has continued to this day !

Ross , if it ever stops raining and we get some blooms I will definitely share some pics but for right now we are in limbo between spring bloom and summer bloom ( usually lasts 10 or so days but this year is lasting much longer cuz we havent seen any sun ! ) I do have a curiousity question though please Ross. Do your lupins self seed? I have some bags of lupin seeds but have never successfully germinated any but if they self seed , then I will just scatter the seeds and hope for the best .

I was also wondering after talking to a number of people at the swap , just how many of us that are avid gardeners are married to people who really arent interested in gardening . I thought to myself , how odd. I guess opposites really do attract . ( Interesting isnt it ?) I know my hubby could care less and just puts up with my compulsion to garden !

Signet

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

SIGNET: Hopefully you will soon be over that case of lingering Poison Ivy.That must be terrible!! I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures as your garden bloom progresses. As far as the Lupins question ...I don't believe mine have done much self seeding. I have had some success with germinating them in the basement though. It seems to be hit or miss with them. I would definetly try scattering the seeds as you suggested as they do seem to need that change of seasons to help them germinate. Hope you have some success. Talk with you later. Ross.

Sponsored
More Discussions