Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
recipslk

WANTED: datura and possibly brugmansia seeds

recipslk
15 years ago

Looking for Datura various species. Also if any one might have some brugmansia seeds, I might give them a try

Comments (8)

• origami_master
    15 years ago

I have some datura seeds, what do you have to trade?

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Yes, please list what you have for trade.

• bmbbkm
    15 years ago

I have lots of Datura seeds, but are you sure you want Datura? They have a white flower with some purple stripes & very prolific, but I found that they re-seed like crazy & I had to use Roundup the following year to control them.
    We also have Brugs. I have had no luck starting Brugs from seeds, but can ship you cuttings later when they are growing more. They are easy to root. Let me know what you have to trade. Where are you located?

• recipslk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sorry I dont have anything to trade at the moment I should have put that in the first post.

Anyway if anyone can help let me know

• origami_master
    15 years ago

To be the bearer of bad news, at the bottom of the page, it says:
    Special Instructions for the Exchanges:

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

Every year in spring people have signed up for the forum just for the purpose of asking for seeds. I've noticed your first post asking for seeds is the same day you signed up onto the forum. Don't mean to pick on you...I seriously do feel that our generous members are taken advantage of. I've personally sent lots of seeds to our newer member, and once they've got the seeds, I've never seen them back again. It makes me wonder, why don't they just go out and spend a few dollars for a packet of seeds? To use your example, walmart has some pretty unusual seeds for a few dollars. They have double purple datura seeds for $3.99 from a rack from Thompson and Morgan seeds.

• recipslk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok ignore my request I will look locally but have never seen above seeds offered locally.

Sorry for wasting anyones time

• mdahms1979
    15 years ago

For anyone that is interested in starting Burgmansia from seed the trick is to take a sharp knife and trim off the seed coat until you reach the seed inside. Once the cork like seed coat is partially removed the seed will germinate.

Mike

• samfawzy10
    15 years ago

recipslk, please send me an e-mail @ sehamfawzy@hotmail.com.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions