Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
navygirl01

WANTED: Are we holding the Springbank Park Plant Exchange again

navygirl01
9 years ago

Hello all:

Was looking to see if we are holdong the Springbank Park Plant Exchange again this year????

Can't seem to find any posts for this????

Please let dad and I know as we need to start putting plants aside for it

Comments (152)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

hey there Dinnerpl8Dahlia! see anything on my list that interests you? Don't be afraid to ask! :)

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Lois:
    I would love your 'Fire and Ice' hosta if anything on my list interests you, please. I'll be adding couple things shortly.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I will put your name on the hosta and check out your list later. :)

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello,
    GreyLady the Salvia Caradonna is set aside for you, I'll be adding stuff for your 2nd trade with me!

NavyGirl01, Both daylilies Sweet Hot Chocolate and UFO are set aside for you!

Thanks for the trades!
    Heather

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Greylady. I was looking over your list agaon and wondered if not alreadu spoken for if I could try to work a trade with you for your veronica Eveline and a piece of your noid d
    aylily. Let me know what you might like in trade please
    Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Hi Signet, I will put the veronica 'Eveline' aside for you.
    The daylily "might" be one that I got from you several years ago, but because I have lost the tags for one reason or another (squirrels, digging?...) I am not sure what one this is.....it is in a clump of three.....anzac, siloam uri winniford and one other that I have no idea what it is! I believe that I know which one is the siloam uri winniford, so this will either be anzac or the mystery one...........no idea which is which...........let me know if you are still interested. :)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Does anyone have any lady's mantle?.....maybe a piece that needs dividing or a seedling? I just realized that all mine has disappeared! ....and I love it. :)

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Lois; I just went outside and checked on my Lady's Mantle. I can get you a piece from it but it will only be about the size of a plant in a 4" pot. If that is OK you are welcome to it..but please feel free to entertain another offer of a larger specimen if it comes up. Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for looking, Ross. If you are okay with taking a small piece from your plant, then I would love it. It grows so well that it will be a nice big plant in no time. I can't believe that mine died out over the winter, but I am finding new things daily that are either not here or are very, very sick. Even stranger, is the fact that some things are doing better than ever.

I hope there is something on my list that you will take in exchange. Not sure if there will be any additions, ....didn't get out today and not likely tomorrow either according to the weather report.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Lois: No problem! My Lady's Mantle has been in the same spot for some 4-5 years but has never really gotten any bigger.Maybe I have it in the wrong place? Anyway I will pot up the division for you,and hopefully by swap date it will have bulked up a bit! Is your small Goatsbeard still available? Thanks. Ross.

BTW: That winter was indeed harsh on the plants. I have even had to cut my shrub rose almost too the ground to get to the healthy growth. I have also noticed that some of my lillies have disappeared from their spots. Winter kill or squirrels?.I don't know!

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Thanks Ross, but if your plant will suffer for taking a piece, please don't do it. I had my plant in a fairly shady spot although it would get peaks of sun for brief periods in the morning. I will put the dwarf goatsbeard aside for you.

My 'bonica' shrub rose that I have had for years and was a big vigorous grower, has mostly died off. there are only two canes that have green for about five inches at the bottom. I haven't cut it down yet but hope to tackle it on the next nice day. No shoots showing yet but I hope they will start once it is cleaned up.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Grelady I van also give you a pice of Ladies Mantle
    Ross I am afraid its a no go on the tulips. I appear to have only a few red, a couple of yellow and one tnyy purple surviving.
    My black ones and white ones have disappeared
    Signet

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Lois: I have taken a small division of my lady's mantle for you .Don't worry it will not bother my plant.While I was at it I took another small piece and relocated it to another part of the garden to see if I can have any better success with it than I have had for the past 4 or 5 years in its current spot. We shall see! Thank you for the trade of the Goastsbeard. Ross

Heather: Don't worry about the no go on the tulips. It was just a thought as I was looking for a spring filler for a bare patch. Do you happen to have any of the Red Pixie Lily left in exchange for the Ligularia and the Oregano Division.?.Let me know. Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Signet, it looks like Ross was successful and has already taken a division of his lady's mantle, so unless you are over run with it, no need to bring any for me, but thank you for offering. :)

Ross, I appreciate your offer and thank you. I hope that your plant takes off and grows well with as little suffering as possible.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

couple of additions to my list above:

aster Alma Potschke' possibly two small divisions
    hosta think this one is 'so sweet' small division

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Here is my list again with new additions:

Echinacea
    Monarda, Bee Balm, red
    Digitalis lutea
    Bleeding Heart, pink
    Canadian columbine
    Peonies, 3 different kinds of pink (bright pink, darker pink and two-toned), pics available
    Siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
    Siberian iris 'Butter and Sugar'
    Siberian iris White Swirl'
    Siberian iris 'Ruffled Velvet'
    Agastache 'Honey Bee Blue'
    Aconitum, fall flowering purple
    LA hybrid lily, pink (pic available)
    LA hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
    Tiger lily, orange
    Spiderwort, blue
    Tall phlox, hot pink (purplish)
    Centaurea montana, perennial Buchelor's Button
    Poet's narcissus
    Stylophorum diphyllum, Wood poppy
    Campanula persicifolia, white
    Campanula persicifolia, blue
    Campanula 'Blue Clips' (1)
    Sedum kamtschaticum, yellow
    Rudbeckia, Gloriosa Daisy
    Rudbeckia, Black-Eyed Susan
    Helianthemum helianthoides 'Loraine Sunshine'
    Japanese anemone 'Pamina' (1)
    Lamium, pink
    Variegated Solomon's Seal
    Astilbe, cream
    Walking onions
    Garlic chives
    Catnip
    Red currants

Grape Ivy, 3 rooted cuttings in a pot (1)

SEEDLINGS:
    Morning Glories, mixed colours
    Daylilies (You won't know what you get since they don't come true from seed and these are open pollinated so I know only the mother)
    - Ruby Throat x unknown
    - South Seas x unknown

NEW:
    - Small floribunda rose rooted cutting, about 10 cm,
    reddish orange flower
    - Digitalis purpurea excelcior hybrids seedlings,1 yr. old,
    open pollinated so fingers crossed, mother was
    beautiful pink, (1)
    - Calendula, small flowered single yellow
    - Columbine 'Red Star' seedlings, (got seeds years ago through gardenweb and only started them under lights this year so I won't know for sure until they flower if that what they are but if somebody wants to take a chance they are growing nicely)
    - Phuopsis stylosa, Creeping Crosswort
    - Pulmonaria officinalis, Lungwort, blue & pink flowers
    Daylilies:
    Baja
    Siloam Double Classic
    Mauna Loa
    Nanuq
    Autumn Red
    Purple Waters
    Blueberry Candy
    South Seas
    Spacecoast Starburst
    Cherry Eyed Pumpkin
    Bela Lugosi
    Snowy Eyes
    Final Touch
    Indy Bliss
    Bama Music
    Siloam Orchid Lace
    Prairie Blue Eyes
    Kwanzo
    Ice Carnival
    Ice Cap
    Custard Candy

Newer:
    Hosta 'Twist of Lime'
    Hosta 'Paul's Glory', 1 small piece
    Hosta, possibly 'Blue Cadet'
    Hosta, NOID small to medium size, green with cream edges
    Pink scapiosa

This post was edited by flowergirl_on on Sun, May 25, 14 at 13:05

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello Merja, I'll do this backwards. ;-)
    I would like to trade for as many daylilies as you can find things you want in my updated list coming tomorrow night. With the exception of these ones that I already have: bela lugosi, south seas, spacecoast starburst, autumn red, purple waters. Sorry if this sounds greedy, I'm just cuckoo for cocoa puffs over daylilies now! The tulip tree is reaching for the sky as is the neighbour's autumn blaze maple on the lot line, so I need to adapt to part sun out front. I have many colours of iris, from snow white through to dark purple/black (no convincing reds -but that's still the breeder's holy grail, like a truly blue rose). I now know how to treat them for root borer - steep them in a mild bleach solution to kill the grubs.

Hope you find lots to like in my upcoming list!!!
    cheers,
    Heather/BlueIris3

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi Blueiris. Just an Fyi for optimum bloom your daylilies need at least 6 hours of sunligjt. Yes most will still bloom in part sun but will not perform optimally.. In regards to your request to visit before swap. I am sorry but right now I cant promise to be available. Just too much going on. Perhaps we can talk about a visit at the swap and if difficult for you to bring trades we have worked out to the swap maybe we can do it after too.

Ross its a yes to the Red Pixie Lilies thanks for the trade

Flowergirl I am interested in your dayliliies Snowy Eyes and FinalTouch please. I seem to remember you were interested inn the daylily First knight I could offer you a dble fan of that one and if you have a suggestion of others I can check to see if I have any that interest you in trade the other one. Let me know.

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    I got you down for daylilies Snowy Eyes and Final Touch. I would love to have your daylily First Knight, thank you. For the other one maybe Cafe Mocha if you have that. For the one peony we talked about I could take a daylily also if it works for you. I could take any one of these: Pagan Ritual, Grand Floridian...If daylily doesn't work for you, maybe an iris. Let me know.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Signet: Thanks for the Pixie Lillies in trade. Ross.

• mandyy12
    9 years ago

We have a prior commitment on June 21/14. Sorry to have to miss the swap.

Bill

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Merja: I would like to trade something off my list for your small Floribunda rose if there is anything that you would like? You can refer back to my list which is under the MAY 15 posting date. HTH. Ross.

Billl1: Sorry to hear that you folks will be unable to join us for the swap this year. Have a great gardening season. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Blueiris , just wanted to let you know that I have taken 2 small cuttings of my very small flowering almond and hope to have them root by swap time . No promises but I will try for you .

Flowergirl , can I add another daylily to the list please. I would like Indy Bliss if you have enough after trading with BlueIris. .

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

I am also looking for deep purple lilac or double lilacs if anyone has a division . Always looking for interesting tree seedlings. Would love a sweetgum seedling .

I will have a couple of Hopi Grey Squash to offer .

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Ross:
    How about some calendula seedlings for the floribunda rose cutting?

Blueiris:
    Works for me. I owe you four plants at the moment I believe.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    I added 'Indy Bliss' on your list. There is enough.

Lois:
    I still owe you a trade.

I will have a few portulaca seedlings. They are still fairly small (3 cm) but who knows what happens in a month.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello all,

Jeff replied to my email - he and Colleen hope to come to visit but Nyssaman is too busy to do trades this year.

I tried emailing Barb_from_London and Didzgarden but I don't have valid emails for them anymore. I hope someone else can reach them.

Cheers,
    Heather

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

hi Heather, I have a small mountain ash seedling, approx six to eight inches tall i believe.....can look tomorrow if you are interested. Mountain ash are not true ash trees so they are not susceptible to the emerald ash borer. I also MAY have a small dark purple lilac. I will look tomorrow to see if it survived the winter.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I sent an e-mail to didzgarden....no reply, but she is very busy with two little ones so she may not be able to get much gardening in. We would love to see you MK if you see this! :)

I did hear back from gardeng8, but she has a previous commitment for the date of the swap. Was hoping to be able to re-arrange things but might not have been able to. Would love to see you too Carol! :)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

could I please have some columbine 'red star' seedlings for the hosta 'fire and ice'?

• wmc1
    9 years ago

Gm all. this is Gwen, my comp is very slow so am using dad's
    Dad and I have been pretty busy outside doing weeding and changing landscape timber. We have been doing a lot of dividing too so will have another list soon

Teresa will be joining us again this year. She is looking for some ferns but not the Ost. if anyone has any thanks
    She has some bulbs she will be bringing think they are Canna Lily

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Merja: I will set aside some Calendula for you in exchange for the Floribunda. Thanks. Ross.

Lois: I meant to tell you but keep forgetting ....Do you remember trading a small White Birch sapling to me? ...well I am sorry to say that it did not survive this brutal winter in my coldframe. I had high hopes to transform that into a bonsai at some point in the future. It was one among many casualties of this past winter season.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Lois:
    I'll bring some columbine 'Red Star' seedlings for you for the hosta. Thank you for the trade.

Ross:
    Thank you for the latest trade.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Sorry all...haven't posted till now. Been busy with work and actully getting out in the garden and trying to clean up.
    Here's my list:
    Sedum, not sure of the name, it blooms in fall 6
    Shasta Daisy 3
    Ostrich fern 1 large 2 med
    Peonies, deep pink colour, 4 pots
    Phlox deep pink 4 pots
    Strawberries might be everbearing 12
    Chives
    Blackberry bush small, just started
    Med sized Dahlias
    -pink and red puffball type
    -dark and light red striped
    Small pink

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Lois I would like a perennial candytuft, daylily rocket city, Aster Alma Potschke, Hosta so sweet. Not sure what you would want from me to trade...LOL

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Blue Iris: I am interested in the cup plant, coral bells and an Aster

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Signet I believe you were asking for some everbearing strawberries. I don't know how you tell the difference between the types but I know most of the strawberries I have are everbearing. I had 2 types and somehow over the past couple years they have mixed. I am downsizing my strawberry patch. Was wondering if you would like to trade some plants for a deep purple Iris and or purple mum?

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8: I would be interested in your striped Dahlia if there was something on my list that you would like. Please refer to postings of May the 15 to find my list. thanks. Ross.

Carol: I sure hope that you are able to re arrange your schedule so as to be a part of the swap? We are looking forward to seeing you again?

Jeff: Hope also to be seeing you and your family as usual.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8dahlia .....Welcome ! so glad you will be joining us ! It is only a brief meeting we have every year and yet we all look forward to it so much! The plants are a bonus but the socializing is what we have come to love so much. So it is wonderful to add another gardener to the group.

You offered strawberries and I would love to try your strawberries please in trade for intermediate deep purple iris and purple mum . Thank you !

I would also love your Ostrich ferns ( never had fiddleheads but figure it is time to try my hand at them . I also love love love peonies so would love one or two please dependant on what you have left after you trade with the other participants. would also love some of your Med sized Dahlias -pink and red puffball type and
    -dark and light red striped again dependant on how many you have to offer and what others are wanting to trade for . Just let me know what you might like in trade ok ? Hope you can find some things that interest you .

Reviewing my trade list :

Lots of garlic starts ( named variety but not sure from which variety LOL ! )
    Korean Purple Garlic (gone )
    Leningrad Garlic
    2 pots African Daisy orange bloom
    3 small pots medium purple Mums
    Yvonne's Salvia (supposed to grow to 5 feet tall????)
    Kiss me over the Garden Gate *( just starting to germinate and show their heads)
    All Star lilium ( small bulbs ,,,)
    Iris - intermediate deep purple
    Virginia bluebells
    Double yellow Daffodils
    2 small pots of mini yellow daffodils
    2 pots of White with peach color trumpets daffodils
    Husky Red Tomatoes(great flavor)and don't seem to succumb to regular tomato diseases
    Feverfew single bloom lemony green foliage not as prolific as the double .
    Chamomile
    Haskap starts (this is tentative..... waiting for germination in greenhouse if we ever see the sun this year )
    Crocosmia ( same deal as Haskap)
    Hige Shakori flaked Morning Glory
    Goji Berry
    Pennyroyal
    Nettle
    Chocolate Mint
    Plumeria
    Purple Monarda
    Creeping Buttercup
    Grape Tomatoes ( small plants )
    Red Pixie Lily
    August Crocus
    Daylily Ruby Stella
    Saskatoon Berry bushes

New:
    Hope Grey Squash ( rare to find)
    Lemon Balm
    Regular double Feverfew
    Dame's Rocket
    yellow zucchini ( 2)
    Blue Pumpkin (2) not sure if it will come true as I got seeds in a trade here on gardenweb but if true should be quite interesting
    Northern Catalpa tree starts ( seedlings) (2)
    Echinacea
    daylily Bonanza

Thanks Signet

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Rosco I have you down for striped Dahlias, will trade for acanthus Mollie and bachelors button.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Signet I have you down for some strawberries. I would like your hige shakori flaked morning glory and some Chamomile along with the other purple iris and mum. Thank you!

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8: Thanks for those trades. I will put aside Bachelor Buttons and Bears Breeches for you. Ross.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Hi Dinnerpl8Dahlia:
    Welcome to the group, so nice to have you join us. I would be interested in your dahlias: pink puffball type, dark and light red striped and small pink if you have any left.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8... wondering about the Ostrich Ferns ? and Peonies?

Reviewing my trade list :

Lots of garlic starts ( named variety but not sure from which variety LOL ! )
    Korean Purple Garlic (gone )
    Leningrad Garlic
    2 pots African Daisy orange bloom
    3 small pots medium purple Mums
    Yvonne's Salvia (supposed to grow to 5 feet tall????)
    Kiss me over the Garden Gate *( just starting to germinate and show their heads)
    All Star lilium ( small bulbs ,,,)
    Iris - intermediate deep purple
    Virginia bluebells
    Double yellow Daffodils
    2 small pots of mini yellow daffodils
    2 pots of White with peach color trumpets daffodils
    Husky Red Tomatoes(great flavor)and don't seem to succumb to regular tomato diseases
    Feverfew single bloom lemony green foliage not as prolific as the double .
    Chamomile
    Haskap starts (this is tentative..... waiting for germination in greenhouse if we ever see the sun this year )
    Crocosmia ( same deal as Haskap)
    Hige Shakori flaked Morning Glory
    Goji Berry
    Pennyroyal
    Nettle
    Chocolate Mint
    Plumeria
    Purple Monarda
    Creeping Buttercup
    Grape Tomatoes ( small plants )
    Red Pixie Lily
    August Crocus
    Daylily Ruby Stella
    Saskatoon Berry bushes

New:
    Hope Grey Squash ( rare to find)
    Lemon Balm
    Regular double Feverfew
    Dame's Rocket
    yellow zucchini ( 2)
    Blue Pumpkin (2) not sure if it will come true as I got seeds in a trade here on gardenweb but if true should be quite interesting
    Northern Catalpa tree starts ( seedlings) (2)
    Echinacea
    daylily Bonanza

more new :

Mauve Lilac 3 ft tall with blooms
    True Tiger lilies - maybe orange or yellow
    Daylily - Night Beacon
    - Bitsy
    - Pink Damask
    Ladybells (can be invasive if not deadheaded when seed pods present)
    Lily of the Valley
    Hosta - Golden Tiara
    - Lancefolia
    - Aurea varigata
    Primula - bright pink with yellow/orange centers

Thanks Signet

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Welcome!

I would love to trade my Cup plant and Aster (dk purpler or light blue?) For a Phlox deep pink and Blackberry, I'll have to check to see if I can get another division of a dark coral bells, the two I had got sold. I think I can I have two other big plants, and some plain green leafed coral bells. I'll let you know tonight, I'm really hoping you have one more striped dahlias left but imagine they're spoken for.

Cheers,
    Heather

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Signet I have you down for strawberries, dahlias, Ostrich fern and peonies which I think are called pink parfait.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I have you down for Phlox, small blackberry bush, striped Dahlia

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I also have lots of lily of the valley and forget me nots. The forget me nots usually reseed themselves. They are in flowering now but probably could get some seeds. Have never transplanted them

• wmc1
    9 years ago

signet

would like your double daffs please

WOOHOO, she be bringing my cake!!!!! just tell Rick it is all mine hehehe

oh ya, this is Gwen- have taken over dad's computer for trades as mine doesn't want to keep this page open

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Your name is on the perennial candytuft, daylily rocket city, Aster Alma Potschke, Hosta so sweet (I 'think' this is so sweet----but so many of them look the same....) looks like it and it is really a nice hosta.....takes a lot of sun in the spot it is in.

Is your phlox the tall or short?.....no matter, I would like one or two either way, and if you have a peony, and a daisy, I would love that too! :)
    thanks so much.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz
More Discussions