Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyssaman

WANTED: Annual Southern Ontario Plant Swap/London and Area # 2

nyssaman
14 years ago

I have started a few things a couple days ago - I just seem not to get enough time to get things rollin on the planting front.With My little Munchkins

I have planted:

Solanum Mammosum - Titty Fruit

Yvonne Salvia

Salvia Exserta

Carolina Jessamine

American Holly

Mixed Hibiscus

Wild Senna

Cypress Vine

I'm hoping to at least have a second set of leaves on a lot of things but we all know how planting goes. I will not trade for these yet but will let everyone know how things progress.

I also have a pup of Agave americanum

I also have some Mandevilla laxa seedlings that I am trying to nurse back to decent health - I will also let people know how they are doing. I'm sure I have a few other things.

Bill: I can't remember the road I think it is Commissioners Rd West - Main entrance of the park then take the first left - about 100 meters up on the left is where we were before (There is a little building there). If anyone else can give more specific directions to Bill that would be great.

Also have we established who is holding the park (getting there bright and early 7:30 ish AM). You need to be there that early to hold the spot they get taken very quickly.I live in St Thomas now and it is just to far me know with the kids and everything else to get there that early.

Cheers

Jeff

Comments (174)

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

SIGNET: How about a small piece of garlic chives for the cleomes?

CAROL: I see you have my name on your Regal calla lilies, can you pick something in trade for them, please. I would be interested in 'Woods pink' dwarf aster, dianthus caryophyllus and Yvonne's salvia if you can find that many from my list that interests you.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi All,

Greylady, My poppies have started to bloom and they are double orange so I am wondering if it would be possible to switch from them to poppies-smaller flowered, brilliant orangey-red

Bill_11: You are welcome to a division of the chocolate daylily but I only had one division of Twist of Lime hosta to share and it is spoken for ...sorry I already have forgetmenots . Is it possible to see a picture of the hosta you have available.

MOT: Onions it is

Merja: Garlic chives is a confirmed trade

Signet

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Hello all,
    I'm sorry I'm so late to post this trade list, I'll understand if I'm too late. I have to move the front 3.25 metres of flower garden this spring to get out of the way of city work crews putting in new water/sewer mains, so it's been a bit busy here. Anyhow here's my trade list, I'll post my wishes in a separate post. Many of these are the same as last year, but there are a few new people coming this year so hopefully they'll find takers!

pink yarrow nameless or Cerise Queen
    purple yarrow Cassis
    artemesia silver king
    artemesia Nana
    hot pink cranesbill geranium
    pinky purple cranesbill geranium
    lamb's ears
    kitten's ears - hot pink rose campion
    oxeye daisies
    black eyed susans
    sundrops - evening primrose
    dark purple columbine, or a pale pink one
    perennial bachelor's buttons
    plain red cannas
    gaillardia blanket flower, plain or burgundy
    spiderwort, plain or 1 trade of Navajo Princess
    burgundy leafed coral bells
    creeping phlox pale purple
    hot pink climbing rose
    lily of the valley
    feverfew
    groundcover sedum Dragon's blood, or two types of green ones
    Autumn Joy sedum
    burgundy adjuga
    creeping jenny
    star of Bethlehem
    rue
    tarragon
    heliopsis Lorraine Sunshine
    bee balm
    native purple bee balm
    purple violets
    veronica
    downy wood mint

these next ones are still small either started indoors or winter sown:
    3' giant snapdragons - probably dark red - either chunks of tiny ones or there are 3 - 3" ones
    Sensation red cosmos
    Cerinthe major
    verbena bonariensis - still tiny but lots of them
    Agastache dark blue
    Signet Lemon single marigolds
    Monet's Choice orange cosmos
    Hummingbird Red nicotiana
    Lavatera Mont Blanc - not sure how these will transplant they should have gone into peat pots
    Agastache Heather Queen
    Cuphea Starlet
    Echinacea White Swan
    White Cleome
    Sweet William Pinochio

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Hello again,

Here's my very belated list of wishful trades:

Gardeng8: I'd love some of your monkshood, Karl Forster grass if you have any left, obsidian heuchera, WS siberian wallflower (mine didn't germinate :-(, or especially Yvonne's salvia - only 3 of mine germinated and 2 are tiny.

Greylady-gardener: Do you still have the virginia bluebell? I saw them in Stratford and they're gorgeous! How about the honeysuckle vine? I owe you a trade from last year for the buddleia Black Knight ws seedling.

Signet: I still owe you a trade from last year, since the Black Knight butterfly bush didn't survive. I hope something in my trade list tempts you, so I might trade for your mini purple iris (perhaps my white cleome), or the unknown name red daylily, or yellow canna.

Rosco_P: I'd love another kerria division, the one I got last year from you is doing well, and they light up the spring garden. Did your cardinal climber pull through? mine got done in by a frost. I'd also love more monkshood or dwarf yellow iris, if you find attractive things on my list.

Flowergirl_ON
    Do you still have some of your tall white phlox, leopard's bane, white peach-leaved bellflower, aster tongolensis Star of Wartburg or white datura available?

Nyssaman: Do you still have Yvonne's salvia on offer? My 4 last year put on a great show, I planted 25 seeds but only got 1 large and 2 small ones.

Frogged: I'd love some of your yellow iris - I had around a thousand iris blooms last year, sadly I can't trade any since I've got iris root borer.

Mom-of-Three: Do you want more rose of Sharon? I have some 4-5" tall ones that are either white or pink with a burgundy centre that I'll happily give you.

Thanks everyone for reading these long late posts, and I'm looking forward to seeing you, even if only for the gambler's circle. Do we have numbers yet? I was thinking of bringing crusty Portuguese rolls to go with Bev's baked beans.

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Hi signet,
    did you see my post above re: the jalapeno peppers? I have them and can bring some, and would like some of your evening primrose (the missouriensis type)

I have lots of the other poppies and will bring some of them for you.
    gg

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi Blueiris , Sounds like you have been busy busy busy. Glad you found your way here now though.

I am interested in trading ( of course!) LOL

I would be interested in the following please:
    1 trade of Navajo Princess
    burgundy leafed coral bells
    tarragon (if it is French Tarragon) anise smelling if it is Russian Tarragon I am not interested thanks
    Hummingbird Red nicotiana

I will check to see If I can separate some more mini purple iris ( not sure as I type ), I do have lots of the unknown red daylily but no yellow canna ( did I have that on my trade list ...if I did I made a mistake sorry)you will need to find another item to replace that wish .

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Nice to see you! glad you can make it.

I will bring you a pot of V. bluebells. they are just done flowering.

My wish list from your list....I hope you can find something more on my list that interests you.

--spiderwort-Navajo Princess
    --sweet William--pinnochio
    --gaillardia -burgundy--both years of WS have failed to germ.!
    --agastache-heather queen
    gg

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

BLUEIRIS3: I will gladly set aside a KERRIA division for you. Glad to hear that you had success with the last one. I love them also. I also have a MONKSHOOD division for you.In trade if you have the SUNDROPS amd the LORRAINE SUNSHINE HELIOPSIS that would be great. Thankyou. Ross.

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

Hi BLUEIRIS, I would like lavatera Mont Blanc, giant snapdragons - chunks of tiny ones would be great, spiderwort Navaho Princess, Monet's Choice orange cosmos and Hummingbird Red nicotiana for tall white phlox, leopard's bane, white peach-leaved bellflower, aster tongolensis Star of Wartburg and white datura if okay?

Merja

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Blueiris3: I forgot to mention that I also have some Cardinal Climber seedlings if you are interested. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi again Blueiris,

well it looks like your spiderwort , Navajo Princess is a hit and seeing as you only have one division, I will step aside for someone else. I would like to change my request to the Cuphea Scarlet or the Rue please.

Thanks so much
    Signet

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI Blue Iris I will set aside a couple Yvonne Salvia for you I am interested in one of your Cerinthe major.

This is a list of my trades let me know If I have missed anything or anyone.

Mom of three Voodoo lily bulb, Tropical Milkweed, Ribbon Grass

Rosco - Veltheimia bracteata - African Forest Lily, Giant papyrus,

Signet Salvia Yvonnes and Salvia Exserta, Fireweed

Garden 8 Impatiens Naimnaimensis

Greylady Gardener Impatiens Naimnaimensis

Again let me know if I have missed anyone or anything.

Cheers

Jeff

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

Blueiris I would love any of the following dark purple columbine,gaillardia blanket flower,hot pink climbing rose ,groundcover sedum Dragon's blood, Hummingbird Red nicotiana, and I would love some more rose of sharon thanks.

Merja I would be interested in any of the following: aquilegia vulgaris, Children's Festival, Prague Spring
    Maple tree seedlings
    Manure- Merja(5),Ross(1),Bev(2),Carol(2)
    yellow daylilies
    orange daylily
    yellow hollyhock- Lois,Bev,Carol
    lily of the valley
    Jack-in-the-pulpit Jeff
    trillium -Ross, Jeff,Lois
    trout lily Ross, Signet(3pots)
    wild strawberries
    lamium purple flower -signet
    lamium pink flower
    pink ground phlox -Signet
    sweet woodruff
    sunflower Carol
    bugle boy
    butter cups
    bishops weed
    pinecones
    egg cartons
    single sized yogart containers
    sweet green peppers Ross and Sinet (gone)
    2 hot peppers
    Add to my list light and medium pink columbine

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

GARDENG8: I will bring clumbs of larkspur and a daylily for you in exchange for aster, dianthus and Yvonne's salvia. Thank you for the trade.

BLUEIRIS: Oops, I didn't notice that there was only 1 Navaho Princess (thank you Signet), but no problem I would like Cerinthe Major instead.

MOM OF THREE: I think I have enough manure for now, but I think I'll try one pot of your trilliums. I can bring another different colour of aquilegia for you.

Merja

• frogged
    14 years ago

Hello, Im hopping to trade but if not avaliable no worries Im open to almost everything you would like to trade.
    Greylady gardener- Petunia do you have any peach leaved bellflower?
    Gardng8- Petunia do you have any cupids dart?
    Signet - yellow iris, pansy( I will bring a few,do you have any mini purple iris, and dames rockets?
    Blue iris3- yellow iris do you have any merrigold?
    MOT- hornwort, dark purple lilac, do you have any yellow daylily's?
    Thanks again everyone Frogged

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Ok , I wrote a message yesterday but it doesnt appear to have made it to this swap page ???????

Greylady: I have potted up some Primrose Missouriensis for you in trade for the peppers ...Thanks

Frogged: I dont have any more mini purple iris to share but I can share a medium height dark purple iris if you like . Dame's Rocket is no problem would you like dark pink , med pink or light pink ? let me know asap please.

Gardeng8: I should ask you the same question , dark, medium or light pink dame's rocket ?

MOT: I would like a few of your maple seedlings please in trade for Scotch moss? is that ok?

I am adding to my trade list , some small ( about 6 inches tall) well rooted forsythia cuttings.

Thanks
    Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Me again ! LOL!

Gardeng8: I think I owe you a trade ...so will bring a forsythia cutting for you . I am however interested if you have more red 'stella?' daylily and art shades calendula What might you like in trade?

BlueIris: you were right I did put down Yellow Canna .... not sure what I was thinking but I havent even had a chance to go look in the basement at my cannas but If I have a yellow one it is yours

I have a small peony to trade unknown color ( got it at my brother's place and he not only doesnt know the color he doesnt care LOL! )

Signet

• bev_w
    14 years ago

- Agastache (Hyssop) "honey bee blue" small divisions
    - Agastache (Hyssop) "Tutti Frutti" seedlings
    - Alchemilla / Ladies Mantle divisions
    - Campanula lactiflora "Dwarf Pink"
    - Dill "Vierling"
    - Echinaea (pink) volunteers
    - Lovage (medium sized division)
    - Nepeta "Walkers Low" medium division
    - Parsley "Darki"
    - Passiflora caerula seedling
    - Penstemon cobea (Fairy Thimbles) seedlings
    - Penstemon whippleanus "Chocolate Drop" seedlings
    - Phlox paniculata (seedling of 'David")
    - Physostegia virginiana pink
    - pink mums, unknown var. photo here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=mum&w=23796236%40N08
    - Salvia "Rose Queen"
    - Silphium (cup plant) division
    - Thyme "Doon Valley"
    - Valeriana officinalis white (this is the species / herb)
    - Verbena (blue, perennial, ground-cover type, gorgeous)
    - Wall Germander
    - Woodland Phlox (dark purple) small pots

new additions:

- Penstemon smallii "Violet Dusk"
    - Penstemon hirsutus
    - Eupatorium perfoliatum (boneset, for the bees)
    - Red cypress vine Ipomoea quamoclit (seedlings in 3" pots)
    - Campanula medium (Canterbury Bells)
    - Wild Cdn. Ginger volunteers
    - Rudbeckia volunteers (probably from "Double Gloriosa Gold" or "Irish Eyes")
    - Costmary

MOT, do you still have the yogurt cups? Trade for them?

Bev

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Heather/BlueIris,

I forgot (duh!) so sow Cleome this year. And I put the Cuphea startlet outside too early and the frost completely wiped them out. Can you spare one or two of each?

Any likes on my trade list?

A couple of additions:

- Feather Reed Grass "Karl Foerster" (2 med. divisions)
    - native grass Little Bluestem (small division)

- Bev

• frogged
    14 years ago

Hello Signet, Dark pink would be great!! THANKS

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

frogged--I will bring you PL bellflower for the petunias-thanks

signet--thanks for the evening primrose for the jalapeno tam peppers

bev--I hope there is something I have as I am interested in your agastache tutti frutti, nepeta walker's low, verbena and penstemon smallii violet dusk

I will try to remember to re-post my list with the additions that are stragglers down the list, when I get home from work.

no time right now to read the posts again but did someone have pink scabiosa? I thought I remembered that. If so then let me know if I have something of interest to you.
    gg

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

I will mark those seedlings for you Signet
    I will set aside yellow daylilies frogged
    and yes I have the containers for you Bev would be interested in your Red cypress vine Ipomoea quamoclit

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi Bev,

I am interested in your costmary please. Ihave had it growing here for 10 years . this year it didnt come back . Perhaps you got yours at one of our swaps and it originally came from me? I would love to replace it please. What can I trade you ?

Gardeng8: confirmed peony for you .

Frogged: dark pink Dame's rocket

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Guess who !

Yup me again. I wanted to let Bill1 know that I was digging up the ground phlox for MOT and discovered another little clump of Twist of Lime so I will take off a small division for you .

MOT : potted up some pale purple ground phlox for you but would recommend you to leave it in the pot for about a month and keep well watered so that it can develope some good roots . It does have some but it was growing out of an ant hill so the dirt around it had been excavated by the ants and the roots arent as great as I would like them to be thus the recommendation to leave in pot for a while . Normally I would pot up at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance of the swap but that is not possible this time .

Signet

• bill_l1
    14 years ago

Signet. Thanks. I will see you at the swap.

Bill

• bev_w
    14 years ago

MOT: I've set aside a red cypress vine for you in exchange for yogurt containers

Signet: Yes, my costmary clump came from last year's swap, so you're getting your original plant back! Just noticed your request for Zinnia. It looks like I'll have some leftovers. "Pastel Dreams" or "Purple Prince". Do you still have some strawberries?

GG: re: trade for agastache, nepeta walker's low, verbena and penstemon--Do you still have the spirea seedlings, the clustered bellflower or the bluebells?

- Bev

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bev I'm interested in your Passiflora caerula seedling

Rosco do you have anymore White Calla lilies

cheers

jeff

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

New to my list:
    Kniphofia (1 trade of small sideshoots)
    Walking onions
    Cleome 'Cherry Queen' (tiny still)
    Morning Glory (mixed)
    Aster, annual

BEV: I would be interested in your Penstemon smallii "Violet Dusk" and Campanula medium if there is anything on my list you'd like.

Merja

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

--perennial candytuft seedlings--two small pots
    --rooted cuttings of plectranthus 'Mona lavender'--Ross
    --poppies I 'think' they are double orange
    --poppies-smaller flowered, brilliant orangey-red --Heather
    --hardy geranium--light pink (unknown name)
    --LOTS of pots of various sizes--Heather
    --three pots impatiens balfourii seedlings---one to Sharri
    --tall pink phlox division---Merja---Carol
    --couple of well rooted cuttings of brugmansia-one yellow and one white --Yellow is gone to lovinlife
    --delphinium-bought last year and not planted-left in pot all winter and now growing-36-48"--light blue--gardeng8
    --peachleafed bellflower--either white or mauve-(not sure until they flower)--Sharri,gardeng8 and frogged
    --clustered bellflower-dark purple--bev
    --comfrey division---Bev--Heather
    --three catalpa seedlings about 8-10" tall---one for Sharri
    --white birch tree seedlings wintersown last year, but not planted out-leafed out already.-one about 6-8" tall, one a bit smaller (the third one seems to have been uprooted by the toad that keeps trying to make a home in my containers out there).
    --tulipa tarda---Carol---Merja--(now out)
    --geranium sanguineum
    one sealed foil pk of(5)crossandra--Ross
    -one sealed foil pk of(10)blue throatwort (I believe pelleted)
    -rhizomes (unplanted but could pot up) of achimenes
    -short (approx one foot) iris-plain yellow
    a few two or three year old seedlings of little princess spirea--bev
    -couple of rooted slips of seven sisters rose-light pink-heather
    --Virginia bluebell--blueiris and bev
    --really well rooted piece of the honeysuckle vine-(so I don't have to root any cuttings)-yellow and white flowers and an amazing fragrance--hummers love it!!--Jeff and blueiris(found another while in the garden yesterday)
    --WS seedlings of butterfly weed-asclepias tuberosa-could probably pot up a pot or two of five or six seedlings/pot.
    they have just recently sprouted and are approx an inch high right now. --Jeff & (I will have to look and see who else) 8-)

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

LOIS: I have a pink scabiosa for you. I am interested in your achimenes.

Merja

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Merja: for the nepeta and Penstemon, do you still have cleomes and morning glory? Oh, btw, I picked up the Delphi and the Alstromeria in Aylmer-- thanks.

GardenG8: Just reviewing all the posts and it looks like I didn't respond to your request for some Eremurus. Do you still have the Flowering almond? Or some of the spring flowering Anemone (windflowers)? I transplanted mine last summer and they tried to bloom again afterwards. Only one survived winter.

Jeff: I've set aside a passiflora for you-- as well as Eremurus. Can you re-post your trade list?

- Bev

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Bev: yes , I still have strawberries, how many would you like . Thank you for the costmary !!!!!!!!!

Ok , I am going to attempt to list what I am trading each of you. If I miss anything , ANYTHING ..please be sure to let me know .

Here goes:

Nyssaman:

Tropical Fuschia ( this looks terrible right now , it has lost all its leaves since I put it outside and if you dont want it I will understand )
    Large Agapanthus
    Snowdrops
    Star of Bethlehem

Bev W:

Verbascum
    Primula ( Cowslip)
    Primrose Missouriensis
    False Solomon's Seal
    Strawberries ( Need to know how many you would like ??)

MOT:

Paul's Glory Hosta
    Siloam Uri Winniford
    Poet's Narcissus
    Mini Purple iris
    Rose of Sharon
    Scotch Moss
    onions
    Purple Ground Phlox

Flowergirl :

Twist of Lime Hosta
    Brunnera " Jack Frost"
    Paul's Glory Hosta
    Garlic chives

Merja I would love some cleome "Cherry Queen" please what would you like in trade ?

Ross:

Paul's Glory Hosta
    Mini Purple Iris
    Brunnera "Jack Frost"

Greylady:

Brunnera "Jack Frost"
    Daylily "Aquamarine"
    Ajuga " Chocolate Chip"
    Daylily " Rocket City"
    Primrose Missouriensis

Gardeng8:

Yellow spring Primrose
    Peony
    Dame's Rocket
    Forsythia cutting

Lovinlife:

Daylily Siloam Uri Winniford
    Daylily Trahlyta
    Poet's Narcissus
    Thornless Blackberry

Bill11 :

Daylily "Milk Chocolate"
    Hosta "Twist of Lime"

Frogged :

Dame's Rocket
    Dark Purple Iris

BlueIris:
    mini Purple iris
    Red Unknown daylily
    Yellow Canna

and ????????

I am interested in either your red cosmos or Hummingbird Red nicotiana , Cuphea Starlet , burgundy leafed coral bells ,tarragon (if it is French Tarragon) anise smelling

Ok I think that is it but if it isnt please please please let me know

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Bev,
    I will bring you the spirea, clustered bellflowers and I am pretty sure I can find another V. bluebell.--anything else?

Jeff
    thanks for the impatiens niamniamensis

Merja,
    thank you for seeing my post re: the pink scabiosa! I have the achimenes --would you like me to pot them up for you?
    gg

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

BEV: I was actually interested in Campanula medium (Canterbury Bells) not nepeta. I have cleomes (just know that they are very small still) and Morning Glories (small also) and I will bring a punch for campanula and penstemon. Thank you. I have to thank you for the Blackberry Lily also - it is doing great.

Merja

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bev - I know you are looking for Rhodis.

If you are interested I have seeds for:

Rhododendron mucronulatum - Asian species
    Rhododendron maximum - native to eastern US
    Rhododendron minus carolinianum - native to US also

If you want you could try some and I could try some to double our chances - let me know.

cheers

Jeff

• barb_from_london
    14 years ago

Hi people, here's a silly question - when is the swap this year? It's been a busy spring, just thought to check the forums tonight! If it's not too late, I can offer

- a very large clump of Miscanthus 'Malepartus'
    - some medium sized Helleborus foetidus divisions
    - One each, male and female Ilex verticillata (Winterberry) ie native deciduous holly
    - large to medium Jack in the Pulpit (several)
    - dwarf purple bearded iris ( 6 inches tall), possibly called 'Darth Vadar' - one fair-sized clump

I'm looking for shade plants as usual - Aconitum, Carex, native perennials, etc.

See you!~

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Merja: "It" is doing great? You should separate those blackberry lilies and pot them up separately-- there's at least six. And I've got you listed for Canterbury Bells and Violet Dusk for the MG and Cleomes.

GG: nope. That's just fine.

Signet: a couple of strawberry plants would be just fine.

Jeff: I've had no success with rhodo seed. Did you say you have plant markers?

- Bev

• bev_w
    14 years ago

Hi Barb-- nice to have you back.

Do you still have hardy begonia? We traded for some last year, I think, when you took out that huge quince. I lost it last winter.

I have some native ginger seedlings, excellent ground cover for shade.

- Bev

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Bev - Yes I have plant markers what would you like is 75 good

Hi Barb from London i'm interested in your grass clump Miscanthus 'Malepartus'

cheers

Jeff

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have yellow calla lilies - 2
    I have taro (elephant ears) just started these - 2

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Hi Barb! same time and place as last year this coming Sunday.(31)

anything on my list(a few posts above) that you would be interested in for a division of hellebores foetidus?

signet--yes the trade list above is good! :)
    gg

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Signet - I just saw a asiatic lily - not sure if it is a daylily or not , it is called Montenegro Lily - it is a deep red - do you have this?

cheers

Jeff

• bmbbkm
    14 years ago

When & where is the Southern Ontario swap?
    Thanks

• flowergirl_on
    14 years ago

GG: I would appreciate if you could start the achimenes for me, please. Thank you for the trade.

BEV: Is there a reason I have to pot the Blackberry lilies up first and separately? And for how long? I just planted them in a same group.

SIGNET: You have me down for Brunnera 'Jack Frost', maybe you have a wrong person since I never asked for one.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    14 years ago

Hi Nyssaman,

No an asiatic is not a daylily but that being said, I still am interested in lily bulbs especially red ones and no I dont have this one but would love to ! what would you like in trade?

Hi Barb from London: I would love to trade for a piece of hellebores foetidus if possible please. Let me know if there is anything on my list you would consider .

bmbbkm: The swap is this Sunday the 31st at springbank Park . Nyssaman gave directions in the first post about the swap near the top of the postings.

signet

• blueiris3
    14 years ago

Hello again all,

Wow!! Thanks so much for the trades everyone! Please double check that I've got the details right from all the posts:

Gardeng8 I'm looking forward to your: monkshood, Karl Forster grass, obsidian heuchera, ws siberian wallflower and Yvonne's salvia (any chance that you could find more to trade so I could get a 2nd or 3rd one? I'm getting some from Jeff too, but if possible I'd like to have enough to put some in my front yard too to give the other hummer in the neighbourhood somewhere to drink (she gets chased off by my regular gal), I'd give up the heuchera for that :-). I have you down for my: dark blue agastache, Hummingbird red nicotiana, sweet william pinochio, and hot pink cranesbill geranium.

greylady-gardener/lois: I'm excited about the virginia bluebell and honeysuckle vine, do you have any more of the: short (approx one foot) iris-plain yellow. I have the following set aside for you: spiderwort navaho princess,
    sweet william pinnochio, gaillardia burgundy, agastache Heather Queen

signet/heather: I have us down as trading your: mini purple iris, unknown name red lily, yellow canna, and hopefully you still have some of the medium height dark purple iris or
    if not some of the brunnera 'Jack Frost'- if you have more of it, for my: cuphea Starlet, rue, burgundy leaved coral bells, French tarragon, Hummingbird red nicotiana

rosco_P: I have us down for trading your monkshood and kerria for my: sundrops, Lorraine sunshine. Is there anything else in my list that you would like in exchange for a 2 or 3 cardinal climbers?

flowergirl_on/Merja: Thanks for the trade of your:tall white phlox, leopard's bane, white peachleaved bellflower, aster tongolensis star of wartburg, and white datura for my:
    lavatera Mont Blanc, giant snapdragons - chunks, cerinthe major, Monet's Choice orange cosmos, and Hummingbird red nicotiana

nyssaman Jeff - Thanks for setting aside a couple of Yvonne's salvia for me I don't know what gives with my germination of these, the salvia coccinea pretty much all germinated in the same conditions !? I've set aside a couple of the cerinthe major for you, I got the seeds on a trade as a darker blue than the usual one.

frogged: Yes I do have Signet Lemon marigolds - they are supposed to be pretty bushy with single yellow flowers I'll set some aside for your yellow iris

barb from london: Welcome back! On the off chance that there is something of interest on my list I'd love some of your: dwarf purple iris - possibly darth vader.

Mom of Three: I'd love some of your manure if there is any left, yellow daylilies, sunflower Carol - 3 if possible, or pink ground phlox if you have another division, for my: dark purple columbine, gaillardia blanket flower, hot pink climbing rose, groundcover sedum Dragon's blood, Hummingbird Red nicotiana, and some rose of Sharon.

Bev_W: Do you have any Red cypress vine Ipomoea quamoclit (seedlings in 3" pots) left? I spring sowed them but they succumbed to something... I'd love 2 or 3 if possible, if not I'd like some Verbena (blue, perennial, ground-cover type, gorgeous) or Phlox paniculata (seedling of 'David") or either: Penstemon whippleanus "Chocolate Drop", Penstemon smallii "Violet Dusk" I have a bunch of white cleome and 2 cuphea starlet set aside for you, does anything else of mine tempt you?

Thanks to everyone for the great trades! It's like Christmas to me to get such wonderful stuff.

Cheers,
    Heather/Blueiris3

• nyssaman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Signet - I apologize I don't have that asiatic lily - I had seen a pic of it on GW and wondered if you had it..lol. Sorry about the confusion. Are you going on Sunday or can you still not make it.

cheers

Jeff

• mom_of_three
    14 years ago

My dog decided eating my seedlings would be fun.
    Carol I have 1 lone sunflower survivor so I will throw some seeds in with that.
    Blueiris I can give you some sunflower seeds if you like? Do you want the giant grey striped or some other mixed sunflowers.
    thanks for all the trades everyone
    Sharri

• Susan Galizia
    2 years ago

When and exactly where is this?

• signet_gw(6b)
    last year

Susan this was posted 12 years ago . Keep your eyes peeled for a more recent group out of London ontario that do a plant/seed swap . If it is happening again this year they should start posting fairly soon .

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions