Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

WANTED: Barrie area exchange

runningtrails
14 years ago

Hi Audrey, on second thought I would like some more oregano. I bought a small pot but find that I am using it a lot and need more. See you there!

-Sheryl

That other post was getting way too long!

Comments (32)

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you very much for the bleeding hearts, Adam! That's great! This is going to be a lot of fun!

I'm not sure that I am going to the wingding, but I will be going around to garage sales somewhere throughout the early morning. I do that every Saturday.

Can we hear from everyone else on the time? Is afternoon, good for everybody? What time?

I am bringing some dosaki yellow cucumbers. These are the best cucumbers we have ever eaten and can't be bought!

• greenman_grower
    14 years ago

running trails- no problem, they sound like great cucumbers, but I unfortunatly dont have the space for them.

Adam

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

Runnintrails..I will bring all the oregano you could possibly ever want.Dibs on one cucumber anyway. I will solve the problem of where I will put it once I have it...I know I can find a spot.Just back from the Gilford Arboretum plant sale. I donated 27 different kinds of heirloom tomatoes and came away with 2 panicum virgatum"Heavy Metal", 3 primrose and and an unlabeled something that looks like a Rodgersia......and on the route back we stopped at a yard sale and I talked them into digging me out a chunk of a peony.Definately a good run.Looking forward to the plant exchange.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

lol! I love garage sales too and get lots of plants at them! I have bought them out of the ground too. Sounds like you did well!

I am also looking forward to the exchange, collecting more and more things to bring daily.

I have honeysuckle bushes about 2' tall. Does anyone want one? Not sure of the colour but I believe they are pink.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am also looking for any fancy tall grasses for the flowerbed, if anyone has any small pieces to share. LOL! I'm looking for a lot of things. We just moved here less than two years ago so all my beds are new. I brought a few things with me, but not much.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So, are we good for the afternoon, say about 1:00. Is this ok with everyone?

• greenman_grower
    14 years ago

Any time is good for me. Hows everyone else with the time. Hope everyones plants are growing well. Hard to believe its here already lol. I will get the directions up tommorow.

Adam

• skraps
    14 years ago

As this swap already finished if not I would love to come ..

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

One o'clock in the afternoon is fine for me.I will bring the mother lode of oregano(in addition to all the other stuff) in hopes that someone will take pity on me and take it off my hands...otherwise it goes over the fence.I am paying the price of one year of not weeding!!!!

• greenman_grower
    14 years ago

newine- I will take some oregano, lol.

skraps- no this excange is not closed, it is going this Saturday, June 6th. You are more than welcome to join.

Adam

• skraps
    14 years ago

Thanks Adam I will post what I have for trade

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I will take some oregano too.
    Looking forward to it!!

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have a small mystery dahlia to bring. I'd love a piece of yours Laine2 if no one else has asked for it. I like dahlias and cannas

Sunista, I would like a dature purple swirl seedling and a castor bean seedling, if you still have them. My seedlings are doing well. A lot of my stuff is very small too.

• greenman_grower
    14 years ago

Directions
    If you are coming from Highway 400, you want the Mapleview exit, and head west on Mapleview. Stay on it past Essa Rd, you will come to a set of lights at Marsellus Dr, turn right. I am at 94 Marsellus Dr, and the school parking lot is right across the street. The school name is St. Bernadette, itÂs at 101 Marsellus Dr.
    If you are not taking the Highway, then you will want to get to Mapleview West, and follow the rest of the directions.
    Check it out on Google maps, I did, and itÂs accurate, in locating my place, and the school. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Adam

• skraps
    14 years ago

Would like to swap with
    newine: -siberian iris--pale blue--older cultivar

sunita_fleuriste:Datura: Black Currant Swirl

greenman_grower: Lavender-2 varietys, not sure what they are at the moment

m_lorne: Mexican sunflowers

runningtrails: trout lily

Plants for trade

Ann a Bella hydrangea
    Bridal bush
    Burning bush
    Bleeding Hearts (pink)
    Bugleweed (blue
    ChrysanthemumÂs (pink
    Columbine (pink)
    CrainÂs-bill geranium
    Gooseneck loosestrife (whites
    Himalayan impatience
    IngulaÂs))
    Lambs ear
    Loosestrife (yellow)
    Mint
    Oswego-Tea (pink))
    Plume poppy
    Rose mallow..
    Rudbeckia Âsmall flowers
    Rose Of Sharon
    Rose mallow
    Sweet woodruff
    Snow in the summer (ground cover)

Looking for named Hosta's and pink lady slippers and pink lily of the valley...or named lily or amything I don't have .

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

Interested in the plume poppy and the bleeding heart....like I need more plants lol.This &%#** weeding is killing me.

• skraps
    14 years ago

newine: No probley hope you know that plume poppy will spread.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Skraps,
    I would like the following please:

Anna Bella hydrangea
    lamb's ear
    burning bush
    bugleweed
    Gooseneck loosestrife - whites
    rose of Sharon
    plume poppy

Small starts or seedlings are fine for me. They will grow - I have chickens and lots of manure :-)

Here is what I can bringing so far. Most are seedlings or small pieces. Most plants I will only bring, if requested. Please let me know what you want. I will bring extras if some things, if I have them. The woodland plants I will only dig up if requested. They are always available.

impatiens glandulifera seedlings(Himalayan impatiens)
    hardy hibiscus - one year old, (6)
    filipendula (pink meadow sweet)
    trout lilies
    cinnamon ferns
    may apple
    goji berry bush seedlings
    dosaki yellow cucumber seedlings
    peony poppy seedlings (see link below)
    red current seedlings
    pink obedient plant
    red yarrow
    pink mum - spreading
    four o'clock seedlings (2)
    orange ditch daylilies - only if requested
    feverfew seedlings
    euonymous groundcover
    honeysuckle bush, unknown colour (2)
    ninebark - white (1)

Here is a link that might be useful: My place

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

More I have to bring:

mint - huge chunks if requested (invasive!)
    thyme
    lamium
    forget-me-nots
    cosmos seedlings
    violets - yellow

Here is what I have received requests for so far: please let me know if I have missed anything:

Sunista - gound cherry seedling (only have one)

Adam - may apple, filipendula (meadow sweet),red current

Skraps - trout lily

If you are also looking for something specific, pls let us know. Someone may be able to get it for you.

• skraps
    14 years ago

runningtrails: I will bring you:
    Anna Bella hydrangea
    lamb's ear
    burning bush
    bugleweed
    Gooseneck loosestrife - whites
    rose of Sharon
    plume poppy

I would like:

hardy hibiscus
    trout lilies
    cinnamon ferns
    peony poppy seedlings
    honeysuckle bush
    may apple
    four o'clock seedlings
    red current seedlings

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

skraps...I know plume poppy can be invasive..I have just the spot for it. Now, you say named hosta...I had to dig out several clumps of the old standby Aureomarginata to make room for an incoming hosta order.It might be too mundane for you but it makes a good filler while the real(read expensive) ones bulk up.
    runningtrails...As far as I can recall I am getting Filipendula,goji berry and dosaki cucumber from you.
    To my original list add the following seedlings
    Thalictrum rochebrunianum
    Heuchera Dales Strain
    Telima grandiflora
    Verbascum splendidums
    Geranium yoshenoi
    Lychnis viscaria

Garden plants
    Shasta daisy
    Rudbeckia Maxima
    Evening Primrose

• skraps
    14 years ago

Newine::: for you plume poppy and bleeding heart and you were bringing me -- siberian iris--pale blue ..I don't mind taking a Aureomarginata .Is there anything you were looking for.

• skraps
    14 years ago

Newine::: for you plume poppy and bleeding heart and you were bringing me -- siberian iris--pale blue ..I don't mind taking a Aureomarginata .Is there anything you were looking for.

Could you please remind me of the time we are to meet?

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

skraps....will add the Aureomarginata to my load...now tell me about the Inula's,,......what variety(ies)? I have started Sonnenspeer and Magnifica from seed this spring but am always open to different varieties or pieces of mature plants.I am rather fond of the whole spectrum of tall yellow daisy type plants.

• sunita_fleuriste
    14 years ago

hi all,

I'll be coming to the swap on saturday. Here's what I have so far.

Datura Black Current Swirl (2) promised to Adam and Running Trails.

I had many more seedlings of the datura but I had to be away for a few weeks and a lot of my seedlings died.

Everything else I have seems quite mundane...sorry.

Pink Columbine (Many-self seeded in my garden)
    Other Columbines (wintersowed)
    Sweet Woodruff
    Unknown hosta
    Forget Me Nots (myosotis blue)
    White chrysanthemum (flowers look like chamomile...there is a pic on my profile)
    Creeping Jenny

All the castor bean seedlings perished as well. I have started them again, but they will probably not be up by saturday.

Possibly a few other things, I shall be going to a plant sale before I come.

See you all on saturday.

Just to be sure, its at 1pm at the school on Mapleview right?

Sunita

• sunita_fleuriste
    14 years ago

Also

Does anyone have any Dames Rocket plants? These are the ones that grow wild in meadows and so on. They look like wild phlox.
    I dug one up last week and planted it in my garden but it didn't make it.

S

• greenman_grower
    14 years ago

skraps- The time is 1pm. I have the lavender, I would like Oswego-Tea, please.

Thanks Adam

• skraps
    14 years ago

greenman_grower: Andam its a trade thank you

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Sunista - Dame's rocket grows in the woods at Sunnydale Park, down by the trail beside the stream near the Cundles end. You can probably find some now, since it is blooming. It also grows beside/behind various industiral buildings on Huronia Rd. I don't think anyone would mind if you dug some up from those places. If I see any before Sat afternoon, I'll grab you a piece (and one for me too :-) Its blooming now and so should be easy to see.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Skraps, I dug up a few more mayapples so there are a couple each for you and Adam. I also have a couple of the cinnamon ferns for your and 6-8 tiny trout lily bulbs. The trout lilies have died back for this year but will return next spring.

Sunista, I'm so sorry your seedlings died. That's dissappinting for you! I know where there might be some dame's rocket near here. I'm going out shopping now and will see if I can grab you a bunch. They are blooming now should be easy to see. I'll let you know what I got when I get back.

I would like some creeping jenny and mystery hosta piece, if you have any left. Creeping jenny grows very well in a pond, even underwater, and in a lighted aquarium. Also, the fish don't eat it.

- aka Sheryl

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sunista, I got you some purple dame's rocket! I have four pieces, actually. I have potted three up and will bring tomorrow. I kept one for myself.

• sunita_fleuriste
    14 years ago

Yay Sheryl!

Thanks a lot! I'll see you tomorrow then...at 1pm. I may be about 1/2 hr late but I'll try not to be.

Sunita

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions