signet= would love your double daffs and primula
thanks

gwen

Comments (150)

• blueiris3
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi!

Could I get a few of the winky blue and white columbine seeds? If there are enough :-)

Cheers,
    BlueIris3

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I would be happy to share whatever seeds I get.......no promises of how many but it only takes a few to get a plant and then we will have seeds from our own plant! :)
    now remember........I don't know the name of the columbine, but they do 'look like' winky blue and white.....they were a nice short, neat little mound of cute upturned flowers.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

I don't see the Korean Purple garlic in trade for Plectranthus on your latest list ? All else is OK. Thanks. Ross.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Thanks for the Hosta in trade for Trailing Petunia. Ross

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

just double checking about the African daisy......you said you had two pots and I believe they had both been asked for, before I asked.(didn't realize it at the time of posting) I am okay with it if you have promised them elsewhere and would take a piece of the hosta 'hanky panky' instead. LMK :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Greylady, I originally offered 2 pots of African daisy but I do have more . I can do either the daisy or the hosta it is up to you . LMK

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

the African daisy would be great! thanks so much :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Flowergirl . sorry the verbascum is actually Verbascum Blatteria.....I had trouble id'ing it and southern charm was the closest in bloom type to the kind I have . I have now changed the entry and you can change your mind if you want to .

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    I pass on Verbascum blatteria. Thank you for letting me know.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Just an FYI I have updated my latest plant offerings above . If you have already read that post it is now changed so you may want to read it again .

signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I have moved the "still available" plants to the top of the list for ease of looking........some of the plants that have names on them are still available.....it will be noted on each plant if they are.

Cut-Leaf Coneflower Rudbeckia laciniata 'Hortensia'-"golden glow>
    Comfrey-division one pot
    Euonymus- leaves are gold centre with green edges.-rooted cutting
    plectranthus Mona Lavender (large enough to trim and take cuttings)
    Tomato "Bonny best "two
    daylily 'NOID' (not divided yet but large so good sized piece) can send pic
    a couple of more small divisions of the hosta that I thinks is 'so sweet'
    ***catmint never over a foot tall for me in all the many years I have had it. so not walker's low.
    ****coreopsis 'baby sun'
    ***pot of garlic chives.

Foam flower one pot -- ROSS

Annabelle hydrangea divisions-BLUEIRIS3 & SIGNET**** (still more available)

Dwarf goatsbeard small plant in pot ROSS
    Phlox-tall Darwin’s Joyce -- BLUEIRIS3
    Tatarian maple tree seedling approx two+ feet tall (third year in pot) SIGNET
    hosta 'salute' small division SIGNET

corydalis lutea DINNERPL8DAHLIA****** (more available)
    perennial candytuft -- one DINNERPL8DAHLIA
    clematis integrefolia -- one --MERJA
    Ivory silk Japanese lilac tree seedlings SIGNET******(more small ones available)
    Veronica 'Evaline' one pot SIGNET
    hosta think it is 'fire and ice' -- MERJA DINNERPL8DAHLIA
    daylily rocket city -- DINNERPL8DAHLIA

aster Alma Potschke' possibly two small divisions DINNERPL8DAHLIA BLUEIRIS
    hosta think this one is 'so sweet' DINNERPL8DAHLIA

***a volunteer seedling of a "tame" milkweed... SIGNET

***daylily 'anzac' DINNERPL8DAHLIA

****rudbeckia 'goldsturm' pot with three or four small divisions in it. LUCKYNES
    ****yew seedling approx 5 inches tall and wide SIGNET
    ****blue queen sage SIGNET
    Tomato " Beefsteak-- two SIGNET

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 11:35

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Greylady, just wondering how many Ivory silk plants I have traded for . I might like a few more if I have only traded for one . I hope you can find something else on my list that interests you. Also a couple more Annabelle Hydrangeas if possible. I have lost a number of Rose of Sharon this winter and would like to replace with these.

I am interested in your 2 Beefsteak Tomatoes too please.

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Anyone have metal coat hangers? Thanks to Navygirl and Wmc1 they have shown me how wonderful metal tag holders made from these are. Problem is I don't have enough so looking to trade for metal coat hangers please.

Signet

• navygirl01
    9 years ago

Graylady- thanks will take some seeds

Signet- have a bunch of hangers here waiting for you

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I will put your name on the tomatoes and will let you know exactly how many ivory silk lilacs later......I have some potted up (3), but found another good sized one in the middle of my mostly dead shrub rose....hope I can dig it out in one piece

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I will have four small hydrangea divisions for you and so far still the three ivory silk lilacs as I never got to digging out the bigger one(s) in the dying shrub rose yet....found two in there! :) but will have to see how successful I am in getting them out in one piece.....so 'hopefully' five ivory silk lilac seedlings.

do you still have the hosta 'hanky panky' left? I would love one of those if possible. :)
    Primula - bright pink with yellow/orange centers and a pot of mini daffs if you still have any of those left.

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 21:14

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Greylady

Whoo hoo !!!!!!!! thanks so much I will put those plants aside for you .

Dinnerpl8... What is your favorite colour ? I will start with that as I pick out some iris for you ok? How many do I owe you LOL ( I think I have lost track 3 or 4 ???? ) let me know if you are interested in Japanese Iris cuz I have one of those too .

Signet

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I have written down these trades...hopefully I got it right.
    I am giving you 8 strawberry plants if you want that many. One Dahlia, Ostrich fern, 4 peonies and 2 hens and chicks. You are trading back to me a purple iris, purple mum, chamomile, Virginia bluebell, huge shakori flaked morning glory, 2 colors of lamium. Your question of what is my favorite color and how many Iris' ...that would be purple and I think you were just giving me the one. But if you have too many Iris and want to get rid of them...I'd be glad to take them off your hands. LOL. I have never had Iris'. ....blue purple orange yellow....

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8 , if you are counting the strawberries as 1 trade then by my count I stil owe you 2 trades so I will pick out 2 more iris for you. Hope that is ok .

ok I am going to try to update 2 more traders .

Dinnerpl8

purple iris
    purple mum
    chamomile
    Virginia bluebell
    hige shakori flaked morning glory (you wrote down huge but it is Hige which means feathered . it is part of the type of morning glory-these are seedlings just so you know here is a link that will show you what I mean http://www.onalee.com/catalog.php/onaleeisrael/dt66286/JMG_Hige__Split_Petal_Types )
    pink lamium
    purple lamium
    iris (color )
    Iris (color)
    Double Feverfew

That one was kind of easy .Next is

Navygirl

Double Daff
    Primula

Is that all ???? what am I missing ?

Gonna go for 3

Flowergirl

4 daylilies
    Virginia Bluebells
    African Daisy
    Purple Mum
    All Star lily
    Purple Monarda
    White with peach daffs
    primula
    lilium Michiganense
    Hymenocallis

Have I got it all ? let me know ..I am doing my best to keep track .

All that's left is Blueiris ......that one is gonna be a humdinger !

This post was edited by signet on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 18:09

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

We haven't talked about the Gamblers Circle . Will there be one this year?

What about a pot luck ? are we doing that too ?

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

hasn't there always been a gambler's circle?.............and food!!!! :) lol!

I will probably have a few last minute things that I don't offer but will need homes....and I think I will bring dessert this year....a toss up between two things....or maybe both. :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Greylady ....sounds good . I love desserts . I know I have to bring a too tall cake .....it is mandatory ....ask Navygirl LOL!

Signet

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

I need a Hoya plant for one of the nurses at the dialysis clinic. Can anyone help me out here. Powers that be, please.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    I have these for you:

Bleeding Heart, white
    Siberian iris 'White Swirl'
    Siberian iris 'Ruffled Velvet'
    Digitalis lutea x excelcior hybrid
    4 daylilies
    4 peonies

So by my count you owe me one. I would like lilium Michiganense if you have any left, please.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Just wanted to add to my list a couple of pots of Rumex Sanguineus (Bloody Dock) seedlings.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Hi Ross, my list is getting pretty sparse, but if there is anything, then I would love a pot of your bloody dock......if not that is okay. :)

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Luckynes:
    Is your ornamental allium something else than Purple Sensation by any chance?

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Lois: At this point I believe I had better be done trading! I will have to make room for too many additions already. I will gladly put aside a pot of Bloody Dock seedlings for you...no trade necessary! Thanks. Ross.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I have some Rose of Sharon Seedlings. 2 pots of a large leafed Hosta that looks like an Abigua blue shield or elephant ears or Abigua Solitude, Vinca, Bishops weed,

This is a summery of everything given from me. If there is a mistake or I forgot...give me a shout.
    Flowergirl: 4 different Dahlias

Blue Iris: Phlox, Blackberry Bush, Striped Dahlia and pink and white Dahlia

Rosco: Striped Dahlia

Grey Lady: I still owe you a pink and white Dahlia and Hosta

Signet: Did your list a few posts back there somewhere.

If the Dahlias do well and hurry up and get some more green I will bring more for the gamblers circle.

• navygirl01
    9 years ago

CAKE
    DID SOMEONE SAY CAKE LOL

yes there will be a gamblers circle again and it is pot luck as usual

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Thanks for doing a better job than me at keeping track . I have added the Lilium Michganese to your list .

I have one spider lily bulbet available (hymenocallis) its a decent size if anyone is interested it is either Festalis or Sulphur Queen

Signet

This post was edited by signet on Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 17:47

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

OMG .l would love one of your large leafed hostas please. Hope there is still something on my list you would like

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

would love to try your bloody dock . How about a garden book in trade if you don't want more plants?

Let me know
    Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    I would love to have your Spider lily if anything on my list interests you still.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi Flowergirl .....it is yours .....how about some of your crosswort . Mine died again .....it was beautiful last summer but this winter was brutal here. This will be the 2nd time replacing it and I was the one who originally had it . Good thing I shared some at previous swaps . Bev helped me out the last time I lost it . Now you. LOL ! These swaps sure do come in handy .

Signet

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello!

Does anyone have any ipomopsis aka scarlet gilia seeds or seedlings? No volunteers this year, and I'm out of seeds :-(

Thanks for looking!
    Heather

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Flower girl,
    The decorative allium has been moving around my yard for over 15 years, to be honest, I am not sure what it was called. It could be a mutant by now.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Signet:
    Thank you for the Spider lily. I will bring some Crosswort for you. Yes, this swapping is handy, isn't it?

Luckynes:
    What colour is your allium? Is it a purple ball? I just don't want it to be allium Purple Sensation because I have lots of it myself. I used to have allium moly years ago with a yellow flower. Could it be that maybe?

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

SIGNET: I will put aside a pot of Bloody Dock seedlings for you also. No trade necessary. I am glad I have extras that will be given to good homes rather than composted! Ross.

BLUEIRIS: I have a small 4" pot of Scarlet Gillia that I will put aside for you. If you get another offer take it...but I will bring this small pot anyway. Once again no trade necessary! Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

luckynes, thank you a seedling is fine.

signet...I do remember about the cake! lol!

ross...thank you so much!! are you sure?

dinnerpl8....looking forward to those

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 22:33

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Ross - Thank you for the scarlet gilia - my hummingbirds thank you too!!

H.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

List looks good. The hige shakori morning glory was spelled "huge" as my tablet tries to help me out with the spell check...doesn't help at all. I usually have to go over the message. LOL. Missed that one! Any color of Iris' are fine by me. I do not have any except one that I acquired from a friend this spring. It has variegated leaves and the flower is mauve. Very pretty. I will pot up a large leaved Hosta for you.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Ok gonna take a stab at Blueiris' list

here goes:

Blueiris

Raspberry Canes
    white Geranium
    white/purple Geranium
    Yvonne''s Sallvia
    Pennyroyal
    Purple Monarda
    Red Pixie lily
    Daylily Ruby Stella
    Daylily Pink Damask
    Daylily Night Beacon
    2 Saskatoon berry
    2white with peach daffs
    Korean Purple garlic
    2 Mini Daffs
    African Daisy
    Kiss me over the Garden Gate

I hope this is right , if not Blueiris please let me know what I am missing . I just feel like I am missing something

Thanks

Signet

This post was edited by signet on Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 16:05

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Does anyone have Meadow rue ? I am looking for some . Let me know if you do and what you would like in trade please. Thanks ...I need to stop.....I need help . I am a gardener!!!!!!!!!

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Ah, you have iris pallida ......very pretty . I have potted up a purple , a yellow , and a pink iris for you . Thanks for the large hosta
    Signet

This post was edited by signet on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 12:55

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Lungwort - pink
    Ladybells- purple
    Hosta - Lancifolia
    Perilla
    Regular Double Feverfew
    Verbascum Blatteria

Signet

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Would love the double feverfew

• navygirl01
    9 years ago

Signet

Those spider lilies you are mentioning are daffodils. we gave them to you last year.

• navygirl01
    9 years ago

started new post- but it doubled again
    look for the one that has another post in it

• ianna
    9 years ago

new to this thread, can anyone explain how this works? Also I'm presuming this is a trade in plants and not seeds - so how do you package these plants?

Sponsored
More Discussions