Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cearaqc

WANTED: Jerusalem Artichoke / Wild Leek/Eryngium amethystinum

cearaqc
15 years ago

I've asked around in the past but didn't have much luck in getting responses. But that was back in February when everyone was snowed in. I may have gotten some tentative responses, but cannot locate them in my email.

So, I'm posting again.

Looking for Jerusalem Artichokes. There are the ginger root types and the more rounded tuber types. Prefer the more rounded tubers if at all possible, or the larger tubers.

Yes, I know they can be invasive. But I have room for them. 100 acres actually. lol And I want them for food, not for the flowers. So if anyone has these and they are taking over your garden, we'd be glad to take them off your hands. Will pay postage.

Also looking for a live clump of Wild Leeks, allium tricoccum. They are rare in Quebec and I want to get a colony established on our property to help protect them. Currently attempting seeds from Gardens North but it will take several years to see anything, so am looking for live plants to get a jump start and then add the plants grown from seeds to form a colony.

Lastly, looking for Eryngium amethystinum or caucasicum or planum. Don't have anything currently to trade for those, and just hoping someone has some seeds sitting around. Or perhaps if you grow any of these Eryngium, please save some seed for me this year.

Thank you!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions