Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: New Jersey Tea

Posted by mikedahms London Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 18:37

Does anyone in London have a small plant of New Jersey Tea that they would be willing to trade?

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: New Jersey Tea

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 21:26

Hi Mike, I dont have the plant but Richter's in Goodwood ontario sell the seeds for this plant . Here is the link
http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?searchterm=new+jersey+tea&search_catalogue_button=Go

Hope you find the plant you are looking for but if not then this might be the only way to get what you are looking for .

Signet

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 21:34

Hi Mike, I dont have the plant but Richter's in Goodwood ontario sell the seeds for this plant . Here is the link
http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?searchterm=new+jersey+tea&search_catalogue_button=Go

Hope you find the plant you are looking for but if not then this might be the only way to get what you are looking for .

Just found this info from this link
http://www.easywildflowers.com/quality/cea.amer.htm
so maybe seeds would be best way to go........
"New Jersey tea is a drought tolerant species that grows best in well-drained soils with full sun. New Jersey tea is difficult to transplant, therefore propagation by seed is recommended. Seeds should be planted outside in the late fall or early winter. To improve seed germination for spring planting the seeds should be submerged in hot water (180 deg. F) and allowed to soak overnight as the water cools then planted outside"

Signet

o

Thanks Signet :)

I just missed some nice small plants at the Friends of the Gardens sale at UWO but I already had more than I could carry. I went back the next day but they were all gone.

Thanks for the info. I think this would be a great addition to a sunny dry spot, perfect for butterflies.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here