Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

wanted: part 3 springbank park, london, on, plant exchange 20

greylady_gardener
11 years ago

well I see that 'part 2' is now full, so since I want to answer signet, I will start #3.

signet, I have some mini blinds that I can bring for you. I have taken several slats out of it, but there are still lots left.

What size are the yogurt containers?

Comments (166)

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

no problem with the coleus. I love coleus and I am sure it will be fine. :-)

• blueiris3
    11 years ago

Hi!
    Signet - I'm not positive about the double orange daylily, waiting to hear back from Kari, but it is so aggressive that it probably is the fulva. Just to confirm - my Leopard hieracium for your echinops blue, my mystery monkshood for daylily Trahlyta, and mauve creeping phlox for pink turtlehead? That brings me to 88 trades! Yikes!!! And I'm still planning to pot up a few for the swap on Saturday in Woodfield...

Greylady, thanks for understanding - it's really pretty with tiny leaves.

Lilac, thanks for potting the dahlia up!!

Flowergirl, the seeds and a French Vanilla lily are yours, I like all those trades.

Gardeng8, thanks for the Cherry Brandy! I need some to warm me up before heading out to pot stuff up now :-) That or I may have to run my sweatshirt through the dryer for a few minutes - love that warm hug feeling!

And the countdown is on - 16 days to the swap!!!

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

LILAC: I would like to trade you something for your Mini Red Rose..if you could find something on my list that would be of interest to you? Thanks. Ross

A couple of recent additions to my list have been Small (1 stock) blue Siberian Iris and a small 3 leaved 1 year old Hellebore if either of these would interest you.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

will add the beebalm to our trade list Thanks for trading again. I would love some seeds of Nelly Moser if you are sure you have enough. Thank you for those too.

Blueiri I am confirming Leopard hieracium for your echinops blue, mystery monkshood for daylily Trahlyta, and mauve creeping phlox for pink turtlehead Thanks for some more great trades

I will have to update trade lists again to make sure I dont miss out on anyones trades. Soon. !

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

I have two trades of a tall bearded iris available. Only people who have iris borer on their irises should get these since I have that problem here. It is either 'Crystal Glow' or one I can't find a name for but looks a lot like Crystal Glow but the falls are light pink instead of lavender. I will know before the swap since both clumbs have tall scapes on them right now. They are both very reliable bloomers for me.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

I thought this might interest you . I believe you can buy the nematodes at Ontario Growers Supply ( either the one on Adelaide South or the one on Fanshaw Park Road and Hyde Park road . Here is a link to info on using nematodes to eliminate iris borer. If you love iris and I know I do this seems to be the best way to deal with the borer.

http://www.irisgarden.org/boreralternatives.html#nematodes

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

Thank you Signet, I have to get that stuff. I have heard of that, but never tried it. Now that I know where to get it, I sure will. Thanks again.

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

Just happened to read my post from earlier today and realized I made a spelling mistake. What I meant to say was that I have a couple of Blue Siberian Iris that are small 1 STALK plants. I also have SILPHIUM (cup plant) to offer as well and a couple of BEARS BREECHES if anyone is interested.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Well if no one else is jumping at them , I would be interested in your blue siberian iris . Its really a matter of whether I have anything that I can tempt you with . If you had your druthers, what would you really like in trade. Pick anything . I might have it . Wont know till you ask LOL!

Signet

• blueiris3
    11 years ago

Hi Signet,
    I went to dig up some butter and sugar Siberian iris only to find that it has died back from a generous clump last year to barely 5 stalks!? Is there anything else on my list that you would like? Sorry about this. If it rebounds later this year I'll bring some to you, or maybe next year?

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hey no problem BlueIris , these things happen (dont I know it !) so how about some alcea rugosa (?) butter yellow hollyhock with fig leaves or downy wood mint in place of the sib. iris . Which ever one works for me . I had some downy wood mint and I moved it last year and with this non winter we had it seems I lost it unless it is still just sleeping.

Signet

• flowerldy
    11 years ago

I'm hoping that you all have room for one more trader.
    I thought I had posted in this thread last weekend, but I can't find my post anywhere - when I searched to see if it was OK that I join you at such a late date.
    I've been to a couple trades a few years ago (the two the years before you all moved to Springbank Park).
    I dont' have a ton of "looking for" plants, but I have lots I'm willing to trade.

It's nice to see a lot of the same names still participating in these exchanges!

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Of course it is okay. you are definitely welcome to join us.
    Post whatever plants you are looking for--or scan our lists to see if someone is offering what you want.
    You probably know already if you have been reading along, but just in case, the swap is at Springbank on June 2nd at 11 a.m. (turn left just inside the main gate off Commissioner's)
    swap online or bring your plants for the gambler's circle.
    Pot luck lunch if you care to join. :-)

jump right in! :-)

• flowerldy
    11 years ago

I guess I should also post what I have to trade -
    Hosta's - several different types - sorry I have no names.
    Purple Coneflowers
    Shasta Daisys
    Iris - tall pale purple
    Iris - Dwarf - Dark Purple - double blooming (spring and fall)
    Iris - Orange
    Iris - Dark Purple (Rolling Thunder - I have only one trade of this one)
    Impossible Plant (Purple)
    Poppies - Orange
    Periwinkle
    Lily of the Valley
    Day Lilies - Double Tiger, Yellow early (no name)
    Bergenia - Pink blooms
    Ivy
    Pink Heritage Rose (Climbing - very fragrant)
    Chicks and Hens
    Chinese Lanterns
    Chives - standard purple and white garlic
    Ornamental Allium (hand sized blooms)
    Peonies in white (double flowers)and pink.
    Forget-me-not (seed and plants)
    Ornamental Garlic (also tastes good!)

Also, have seed for trade -
    4 O'clocks
    Morning Glory - mixed purples and pinks (also have several seedlings)

I'm looking specifically for a Fern Leaf Peony in white, a Brugmansia (any color but orange / peach), Firecracker plant, Ornamental Eggplant, Delosperma, Dianthus, Clivia, Hydrangeas (dinner plate or climbing - preferably in blues and purples), Climatis - any colours or shapes.
    And one grape tomato seedling - I can't find any this year to buy!

• blueiris3
    11 years ago

Hi, Does anyone have any red sedums or succulents other than red hens and chicks? Like Nes I would like to make up some mixed sedum pots and need a bit more colour contrast. Thanks for checking!

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

Hi Flowerldy, I remember you from years ago. Welcome back! I'd like to know more about your peonies. Is the white one maybe Festiva Maxima and the pink one single or double? Baby pink? What is Impossible plant? I can't find any information about it. And your allium, is it Purple Sensation? If it is anything else, I would be interested. Let me know, thank you.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hey no problem BlueIris , these things happen (dont I know it !) so how about some alcea rugosa (?) butter yellow hollyhock with fig leaves or downy wood mint in place of the sib. iris . Which ever one works for me . I had some downy wood mint and I moved it last year and with this non winter we had it seems I lost it unless it is still just sleeping.

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Note my repeat message above . It is there because when I wrote to Flowerldy to see about a trade , I posted a link to a website that must be in competition with Gw because they advised me that I was posting spam and if I did it again I would be banned. Then they deleted my post . They might think to advise people of where and what we are not allowed to mention here before hijacking the posts . Instead they repeated my last post. DF

Anyway , Flowerldy, please email me . I dont want to try to post here again so maybe we can work our trade out without the benefit of Gw. Thats assuming they dont ban me for this post .

Signet

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

FLOWERLDY: I would be interested in a trade for your Orange Iris if you could find something from my list(if you can find it)that would interest you? Thanks. Ross

• wmc1
    11 years ago

Will be there with loads of Echinacea seedlings, planted 54 different this year, most came up and no room to put in my garden, will give out with some plants for gamblers circle.

Bill

• wmc1
    11 years ago

If you check winter sowing web will find som of varieties will be bringing.

Bill

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Flowerldy , I looked for your email but you dont have it enabled . Please email me so we can work some trades.

Signet

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

Signet:

Do you still have some lillies and mini irises for me??
    dad and I will be bringing some things for you, hope you will have the car and truck. lol
    Everyone:
    Looking forward to seeing you all again this year.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Flowerldy , I looked for your email but you dont have it enabled . Please email me so we can work some trades.

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Sure I have loads of mini iris ..........and a few lilies too . Is that all you are looking for ?

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Flowerldy , Here is what interests me

Iris - Dwarf - Dark Purple - double blooming (spring and fall)
    Iris - Orange ( if you have more than one trade - Rosco has already requested it.
    Iris - Dark Purple (Rolling Thunder - I have only one trade of this one)
    Impossible Plant (Purple) Curious to know what exactly this is . Do you have a picture you can share by any chance?
    Pink Heritage Rose (Climbing - very fragrant)
    Chicks and Hens
    Peonies in white (double flowers)and pink.( if you have more than one trade as Flowergirl has already requested these . )
    4 o'clock seeds

I have lots of different Brugmansias , I just happen to have a small Clivia , and I do have the "firecracker" plant. So let me know what kind of a trade we can work please.

Signet

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

that is it for now, anything that you can think of that you haven't already given me. (if you can remember) lol

just waiting for some of those to come to bloom, but will be coming your way again soon, i will even try to get mom to come lol

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

i think i might be able to get you the double lily that i showed you last year. keep your fingers crossed

• LilacIsLove
    11 years ago

Hello!
    Just confirming, greylady, I've got the amaryllis for you, and gardeng8, I'll have some lupins for you too.

Ross, do you by any chance have some calla lilies left for the rose?

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

EMILY: Sorry, but I only have one Calla Lilly left and it is an unknown? I noticed it in it's pot today just barely coming up through the soil,left from last season and unmarked. If you want it it is yours but as far as multiples..sorry no more available. Could I interest you in a Bears Breeches or a cup plant? Please let me know. Thanks. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi Ross .

How about you give Lilac the yellow cally we had arranged to trade and I take a Bears Breeches plant instead . She gets what she is interested in and I am a happy camper too. By the way, are you able to keep callas outside all winter ?

I dont suppose anyone has a sea buckthorn plant or seeds to share? I am also looking for red blooms for in the garden so if you have anything let me know please.

Thanks
    Signet

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

SIGNET: Thank you for your offer of taking a Bears Breeches and allowing Lilac to have the yellow Calla. If you are Ok with that and Lilac agrees...so be it. Lilac, that would be a trade of A Yellow Calla and an unknown colour Calla for your Red Rose. If this is OK...please let me know. Thanks again Signet!I will put aside a Bears Breeches for you. P.S. No I cannot keep the Callas outside. The unknown one just ended up in my attached but unheated garage where it remained dormant in it's pot for the winter. This winter being mild,it survived...don't know whether or not a "normal" winter would have killed it or not!

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi everyone, I have a few more plants available .

I have

2 very small one leaf rooted cuttings of Hoya Carnosa .
    Some honking big plants of pink obedience
    some kalanchoes (possibly peach colored bloom and red colored bloom . of course they are all mixed up . )

a few corms of a bearded iris ( name unknown) color is hard to describe but I will give it a shot

red wine falls fading to tan with zebra striping near throat Soft yellow beards Tan upright petals with a mustardy gold center Very resistant to iris borer

Whew !

All for now

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Ross, I wondered about your silphium....I need some height in a couple of spots in my garden, but which spot I choose will be determined by your answer. Does your cup plant reseed badly or is it rather polite? and how tall does it actually get?

oh! I guess my first question should be is it still available. :-)

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

Here is a list of what we will be bringing (wmc1 and myself)

HAVE:
    canterberry bells-mixed
    columbines- red, pink, white and purple
    red rose of sharon
    red hybiscus x3
    hydranga x2
    echinachas- mixed

LOOKING FOR:
    small hostas
    frindged dianthis
    stella dor daff.

• rosco_p
    11 years ago

Lois: Yes the cup plant will certainly give height! I would say mine are a good 6 foot tall when flowering. I don't find them a problem as being invasive..I have had them about three seasons now and I have just noticed a couple of volunteers a few feet over but the original clump has only increased by about two in that time. Easy to control and a nice looking plant. And yes if you would like one I will put one aside for you. Thanks. Ross.

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

corrections to last post

the canterberry bells are seedlings
    the echinachas are mostly seedlings, do have some plants
    and the stella dor not a daff.

dad's can be soooooo picky

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks so much Ross. I am afraid my list is rather meager right now and not sure how much it will change. Still lots to do in the garden, but not sure what is in there that needs dividing or thinning out.

• flowergirl_on
    11 years ago

Hi NavyGirl01, I would be interested in your Canterbury Bells seedlings and red hibiscus. What would you like for them? There is some small hostas and lilies on my list.

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Please put me down for a canterberry bell , a red and a white columbine, a hydrangea and a red rose of sharon . Oh heck put me down for a red hibiscus too please LOL !. I would love some of your echinaceas too please. (exciting !!!!!!) I do have several small hostas I can trade along with the mini iris and the lilies

Are you looking for a stella doro daylily or a daffodil? I have never heard of a stella dor daff but that doesnt mean it isnt out there .

Signet

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

FLOWERGIRL: small hostas would be great
    GARDEN8: would love your 'Stella D'Or' daylily, 'twist of lime' dwarf hosta and pink fringed dianthus
    SIGNET: daylily i guess, that is what dad wants, you know how he is . Oh and by the way, what you can't get in London you always know where we live (HINT-HINT) lol

Just to let you all know, we do have a few new echinacia's this year, we did 54 different ones for our winter sowing. will be bring pics with us to show you what they will look like.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

today's additions:
    a couple of clumps of yellow loosestrife

anemone (unknown) tall, pale blush/whitish blooms in late summer/fall

ivy--I 'think' it is Baltic (?)

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I knew I would forget something! :-)

one German catchfly

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Hi Greylady, I am interested ( I should probably stop but it's too late now !) in your anemone (unknown) . Do I have anything left on my list that might attract you ?

How are those butterfly bush cuttings doing by the way ?

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    11 years ago

Is your catchfly red by any chance?

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

signet, the bb cutting is still iffy. I am keeping an eye on it.
    I will pot up some anemone for you.(I will go and check out your list and let you know) :-)

the catchfly isn't red, it's pink.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

wanted to remind you that the yellow/purple small flowered iris that I am bringing you is a medium height not dwarf.

Looked at your list and will let you decide between any iris (I got light mauve from you last year)/any lily or daylily for the anemone and also the bilolour iris.

thanks!! :-) (you are going to be planting for months. lol!)

• blueiris3
    11 years ago

Hi Signet, I've potted up an alcea rugosa (?) butter yellow hollyhock with fig leaves for you. My downy wood mint seems to have disappeared too. I'm half way through potting things up :-p I've been potting up other stuff for my plant sale the following week. Thank goodness for my new potting bench that Matt finished on Saturday!! Now I can do 30 pots in the time it used to take to do 10 _and_ still be able to stand up straight! Thankfully the next half of the potting up is the easy stuff. The 17 small plants from cuttings which won't take long once I get my kitchen back. Looks like it won't be so crazy hot tomorrow, and even a bit cloudy, so I can send the houseplants outside for their summer vacations! Because of the fear of lily beetles, I'll just bag the lilies the day before the swap with no dirt attached.

I had hoped to get the cannas and dahlias planted this weekend, but it was too hot, and the weeds in that section of the front yard have gone nuts.

WMC1 & NavyGirl01 - is their anything on my list that you would trade for a green or a non pink echinacea? I just found a Stokes blue aster as I was weeding & digging up the Yellow toadflax for Lilac.

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

Blueiris3-
    we do have plenty of other colours in the echinacea's. not sure where your list is. how many do you want??

• navygirl01
    11 years ago

I am looking for
    dwarf delphinium- blue
    red bleeding hearts
    if anyone has these, would appreciate it

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions