Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: Anyone interested in trading daylilies ?

signet_gw(6b)
13 years ago

Hi again everyone .

I am interested in trading daylilies . I was in the process of working a trade with someone here but it has fallen thru due to family commitments for that person so I am on the hunt for anyone interested in trading named daylilies. If you are interested , contact me and lets see what we can work out .

Signet

Comments (12)

• amcorrigan
    13 years ago

Hi Signet,

I am interested in daylilies but I doubt that I would have a collection that would come close to yours. My trade list is not current but I will come up with a list of possibilities this weekend.

AM

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi AmCorrigan

Wonderful I am thrilled that you are willing to trade . I should mention however that the trade would be a tad later in the season as I already have scapes and buds on a number of my cultivars . So If I were to dig now , it would affect my chances of blooms this season which in turn would affect my seed harvest . You wouldnt likely get any blooms either . April would have been an ideal time to dig or if I had known I could have potted up earlier . I wasnt expecting to see scapes quite this early .

I would be willing to trade in August however as blooms will for the most part be done . The season is early this year so I am sure August would be a good time to dig ....daylilies need 6 weeks to settle in and so even mid/late September or very , very early October would be ok to dig in the city ( October , to me , living out in the country though is a stretch as it would depend on what the season does .....it has started early , will it end early too? )

Anyway I would love to hear what you have to trade and let's talk .....see what we can work out .

Thanks
    Signet

• kellyrae
    13 years ago

Hi Signet

I would be interested in trading with you later this summer. I can send you pictures of some of the ones I have to see if youâÂÂre interested. I have 4 large flowered beautiful ones that I grew from seed received in a trade that were supposed to be white xâÂÂsâ¦.turned out ruffled pale yellow, light pink with yellow throat, etc. They are very pretty, but unnamed. I also purchased several from VeseyâÂÂs over the past couple of years that will hopefully bloom this year so that I will know for sure that they are the right ones. (Have had mislabelled plants from them in the past) I can take pictures for you as the season progresses and send them your way later this summer.

Let me know when you have a chance and if you would like to see some of the pictures from previous years, I can send them to you. Do you have a list of the ones that you will have available to trade?

Thanks,
    Kelly

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all,

I am writing here as I am not sure if my emails to people are going thru . So Amcorrigan and Kelly , yes I am interested and if you will write an email to me I will reply via my private email which still seems to be working.

Thanks for understanding
    Signet

• kellyrae
    13 years ago

Hi There
    Sent you an e-mail with some pictures! Let me know if you can open them okay. Will take more as the little darlings open their smiling faces. Happy Gardening and looking forward to trading this summer.
    Kelly

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Kellyrae,

I was able to open the pics and yes you have some lovely ones ! I would love to see other pics as they become available. I will save some pics so you can see what I have to trade too !
    Signet

• kellyrae
    13 years ago

My daylilies are starting to bloom! I'll try to post some pictures for you soon.
    Kelly

• ontnative
    13 years ago

Hi Signet, just wanted to let you know that the daylilies I got from you in trade last year are doing great and many have bloomed already. Most are in part shade so are probably slower growing than they would be in full sun. Thanks again for the great trade.
    ontnative

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Ontnative, So glad to hear the daylilies I traded to you did well . THe ones I got from you are doing fantastically well and bloomed there little hearts out this season but are done now ( season here was 3 weeks early) I am watching closely to see we I get rebloom . Many of my daylilies that are not registered as rebloomers are sending up new scapes! Woo Hoo !

If you ever want to trade again I would be most pleased to trade with you .

All the best

Signet

• daylady
    13 years ago

I have a few daylilies and would like to trade with you. I sent you an email. Chris

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Finally I am back on the net. I have been unable to access Gardenweb since switching to a new server. I finally got someone to listen to me and they have made whatever adjustments and when I tried again tonight to access garden web , I was granted access. Whoo Hoo! . So Kellyrae if you still want to do a swap ....email me asap.

Thanks to Chris for the swap .....glad you emailed me cuz I was unable to see your message till now . Hope the daylilies do well for you . I planted the one you sent and it is doing well .

Signet

• punchy1943
    13 years ago

I have a number of daylilies or daylily seeds to trade for witch Hazel, Hazelnut or Sweet American Chestnut seedlings or nuts from the above. Also looking for red or yellow trumphet vines, small bushes with edible berries
    and Black currants or choke cherries to attract birds /small animals.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily Dreamin'

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz
More Discussions