Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: Springbank Plant Exchange Page 2

signet_gw(6b)
12 years ago

This is a continuation of the Springbank Plant exchange page -it had reached its limit of messages so here is page 2

Hi Gardeng8 , Thanks for the penstemmon it looks really pretty . Need to know what I can I trade you for it please.

Signet

Comments (169)

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Does anyone have a Persian shield? I would love a cutting to try and root.
    also would love a redbud seedling or maybe a cutting.

I have some maple trees about three or four feet tall. Some have the deeply toothed leaves while some have the larger less toothed leaves. I have pulled some out, but I may also have a few small Manitoba maple seedlings.

• barb_from_london
    12 years ago

Signet & BlueIris - don't worry about a trade for these, just take the cuttings - maybe you two could toss a coin to decide who gets the best one, and the two remaining cuttings could go to the loser. Remember, there's no guarantee these will root, so I don't want to take anything in exchange - but I'm glad someone's willing to try! I wonder if the continual rain this spring has helped them make it as far as they did - extra humidity and moisture constantly at hand - though I did try to help them along once I noticed they were budding with some hardwood rooting hormone. Anyhow, I'll try to keep them alive till the exchange and then the ball's in your court.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Another couple of offers:

Yellow blooming strawberry cultivar ( ornamental )
    Deep pink perennial geranium
    One eyed division of Hosta Hanky Panky .... just emerging now so will be small at swap time unless we get some dry hot weather between now and then
    Hosta Lemon Lime ( very small cultivar)

Signet

• blueiris3
    12 years ago

Hi all!

Bev - how about some phlox divaritica for my pulmonaria Diana Clare? Are you interested in any of my lilies? I'm interested in a bunch of your stuff, but if you aren't I can get some at your sale! I think my white edged pulmonaria is 'David Ward' but I'm still hunting for the tag.

Signet - Since you like your lilies soil-less I'll dig them up just before swap day so they get as big as they can. I forgot to add that I also have some 'Latoya' lilies, I'm guessing you would like some! So that brings us to 6 new swaps past the ones we've already arranged.
    I'd like some of the following (some of these you have already traded so I don't know if you have any more)
    Lilac 'Sensation'
    drumstick purple primrose
    h. U.F.O.
    variegated yellow/green sedum if it's a small one (not if it's like Autumn Joy)
    a second cherry red phlox
    another poet's narcissus (I love having LOTS of a bulb for a bigger show :-) )

Daldak
    Yes, I have some purple obedient plant - how about a second trade of purple rock cress?

Greylady - please choose another plant from my list - I owe you something for the P.T.J.

Thanks for the trades - I'm really excited about all the great stuff I'm getting from everyone, and a little scared of all the planting in my future :-)
    Blueiris3

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! I just wanted to update my list once again. Ross.

Aconitum (blue Monkshood)- Rooted divisions
    Japanese Kerria - rooted divisions
    Mauve Lilac - flowering size (1gal.pot)
    Bears Breeches - rooted divisions
    Pink Delphinium - seedlings in 4" pots
    Orange Honeysuckle - small rooted cutting from last season (gone)
    Globe Allium- seedlings in 4"pot
    Cherokee Purple Tomato Starts- individually potted in 4"pots (gone)
    Purple Calla Lillies- 3 month seedlings individually potted in 4" pots
    Red Oleander(tropical)-seedling very small in 4"pot
    Rose of Sharon (blue) seedlings
    Yucca Filamentosa-division
    Mock Orange 1ft. tall,single budded out branch-division (gone)
    Lunaria-(money plant) seedlings
    Mountain Bluet-young plants
    Canna-bronzed leaf (tubers)
    Ostrich Fern-division- gallon pot
    Variegated Solomons Seal-3 growing tip Rhizome
    Purple Violets-4" pot
    Hardy Geranium-4"pot
    Lilly of the Valley(white) 4" pot
    Clematis Tangutica- 2 year old in half gallon pot(gone)
    Sylphium-cup plant

Siberian Iris(blue)-4 rhizomes potted in a 6 inch pot (gone)

Additions:

4" pot of candy lilly seedlings
    4" potted baby big leaf hosta
    4" potted fragrant NOID lemon yellow flowered daylilly
    4" potted young lambs ears
    4" potted young white calla lilly

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

A few more items up on offer:

Verbascum thapsis - native to Europe ,Africa and Asia fuzzy leaves tall yellow spire of flowers

small piece of cushion spurge

couple of pots of cypress spurge - lovely lime yellow shot of color in the garden

Signet

rose bush -Seven Sisters (previously received from greylady) doing so well I have split it ...put one piece at the far end of the garden opposite to the original site where there is one there too. I have 3 of these I could share about a foot tall .

• daldak
    12 years ago

I've managed to get all the flowerbeds weeded. What a great feeling.

BlueIris: I'll be happy to pot up another bit of rock cress. Thanx for the purple obedient plant.

Rosco I'd be interested in the white calla lily if there is anything else we could potentially trade for. Let me know.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

BLUEIRIS ,

Yes please to the "Latoya" lily .

Hmmm so 6 swaps Ok. Just to confirm , I am trading one of my items here for 1 of your bulbs (correct? ) So if you trade me a bulb I trade you one bulb of poet's narcissus ? Or are you expecting a pot of poets narcissus for one bulb of yours? I just need to know so that there is no confusion on my end . I dont want to arrive with one P.N. bulb when you are expecting 6

Here is what I can do :

Poet's Narcissus. confirmed (need to know how many you expect in trade for your bulb or bulbs . )
    1 pot varigated yellow and green sedum ( grows to about 9 inches tall ) confirmed for 1 bulb
    1 daylily UFO ( Unidentified Flying Object is the real regeistered name ) confirmed for 1 bulb

I know you like yellow so I can offer a yellow primrose or a yellow cowslip ( also a type of primrose ) or the daylily fan of Rainbow Gold really bright yellow daylily or how about a fan of Sears Tower a yellow daylily that grows to 6 feet tall (would look lovely up against your new fence ) or I could offer a sf of that deep purple one that caught your eye when you came for a visit .

I also have an iris about maybe 2 feet tall that has dark purple standards with blackish purple falls (about as close to black as you can get ) would look lovely with your yellows.

I am sorry I dont have any more purple drumstick primrose
    to offer or the cherry red phlox . The lilac sensation are in trying to root . Time will tell on those . Cant use them for trade till they have roots .

Let me know asap please. Its a good day for potting up .

DALDAK , I stuck 6 gooseberry cuttings in to try to root . Keep your fingers crossed that they "strike" .

Signet

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

daldak: I will set aside the White Calla lilly for you. Would you have another piece of Rock Cress that is looking for a home? Thanks. Ross.

blueiris: Just for my records.. I just wanted to hear from you that our trades are confirmed? that would be Bears Breeches for Pale Yellow Daffodils and Clematis Tangutica for Creeping Verbena? Thanks. Ross.

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

didzgarden: I am looking for confirmation of our previous trade of Bears Breeches for White Anemone. Could you please let me know if this is OK. Thanks. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oh , Daldak , You say you are finished weeding ? Well, if you feel the need to weed in the coming weeks come on out to my place LOL! I am sure I could find a few gardens that could use weeding . I dont think I ever see the end of weeding never mind this early in the spring HA HA HA .

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Rosco p ( coltrane I assume ? LOL )

Hi Ross , I am interested in your candy lily and your baby big leaf hosta please. What could I trade you for those please.

I think your daylily sounds like Lemon Lily . Is it putting up flower scapes around now (Usually see first blooms end of May ) . If your daylily is and they are lemon yellow and scented it is a pretty good bet it is Lilioasphodelus aka Lemon Lily . Just a note about this one . It is nocturnal ( blooms start to open in afternoon....has been known to have blooms last up to 72 hours ( unusual for a daylily) and can be a repeat bloomer . I have some here and love it . It is one of the species daylilies.

Will wait to hear what I can trade you for your hosta and lily.

signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am looking for aluminum blinds to use to make tags for the gardens. If you have an old one or can find one let me know what you would like in trade please and thank you .

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    12 years ago

Ok, I will be coming again this year. I guess I can't stay away. :) Remains to be seen if it will be a fast stop or I'll stay longer.

My list for now:

Pink Bleeding Heart
    Pink echinacea, seedlings
    Gloriosa Daisy
    Tall white phlox
    Yellow alstreomeria
    Blue spiderwort (1)
    Lupine, seedlings (most likely pink, small)
    Foxglove, seedlings (I have white, purple/pink common ones and tall light pink ones I got from the swap year or two ago. I can try and pick from under the mother plant but they are obviosly open-pollinated so I can't promise the right colour.)
    LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
    Campanula 'Blue Clips'
    Campanula glomerata, white clustered Bellflower
    Clematis with small (about 1 cm) white flowers, got at the swap a year or two ago so if somebody knows the variety, I would love to know the name. It grew 3 - 4 m long.)
    Aquilegia vulgaris, seedlings
    Purple aster
    Hosta 'Blue Cadet'
    Explorer Rose 'Martin Frobisher', 25 cm seedling
    Heliopsis helianthoides 'Loraine Sunshine', (2 small seedlings)
    Red monarda, Beebalm
    Sedum kamtschaticum, Stonecrop, yellow flower
    Siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
    Lilac coloured lilac
    Black-eyed Susan
    Grape Hyacinth
    Star of Bethlehem
    Daylilies:
    - Startle
    - Frans Hals
    - Autumn Red
    - Mauna Loa
    - Cool It
    - Fuss And Bother
    - Catherine Woodbury
    - Cherry Cheeks
    - Kwanzo, double orange
    - Prague Spring
    - NOID ligh yellow with butterscotsch
    - NOID light coloured old fashioned peach/pink
    - NOID that looks like 'Daring Deception'
    Red currant
    Annual herb that smells like anise (I assume it is Chervil)
    Walking onions

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Flowergirl......YAY ! I am so glad you will be coming !

Looking over your trade list , I am interested in the following :

Yellow alstreomeria (is it an annual or perennial Or tropical ?)
    Siberian iris 'Silver Edge'
    LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'

Daylilies:

Startle
    Mauna Loa
    Autumn Red ( used to have this one but it seems to have disappeared
    Possibles:

NOID light yellow with butterscotsch (would you have a pic of this one ?
    - NOID light coloured old fashioned peach/pink ( would you have a pic of this one too ?) if you do maybe you could email me and we can work out a trade .

I can trade any of the items I have previously offered except the Casa Blanca Lily or the Aphrodite lily. I do have Tiger lily starts , michiganense lily . I do have one Renoir lily I could offer. I just have to track it down in amoungst all the pots out there .

Looking forward to hearing back from you .

Signet

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

MERJA: I am glad that you are able to make the swap again this year. Will look forward to seeing you. I am interested in making a trade with you for your Martin Frobisher Rose and your Alstromeria. Please check my list and see if anything is of interest to you!

BLUEIRIS: (Heather) MY mistake. I see you did confirm our trades in a post that I missed so please disregard my last rambling..and thankyou for the trades.

SIGNET: I will be happy to trade the small big leaf hosta and the candy lilly seedlings.Would you still have the Hanky Panky hosta? and do you have any trout lilly or any more Orange Brug cuttings?? Thanks. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Rosco p. I have all three ...How about the Hanky Panky ( they are finally out of the water ...well they were earlier today ......may be submerged again after the 3 short storms that rolled thru here this evening ) oh and it has developed a second eye since I planted it last fall (who knew? It was buried under water LOL !)a pot of trout lily and a double orange brug rooted cutting for your items.

BlueIris ....I potted up 6 Poet's Narcissus as the trade for your lily bulb . I hope that is ok . Thanks for the confirmed trades. Can you let me know about the other 3 soon please .

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    12 years ago

I am always looking for:
    Siberian Irises I don't have
    Peonies I don't have
    Foxgloves I don't have
    Campanulas with showy flowers
    Aguilegias with showy flowers I don't have
    Lilies I don't have
    Anything with beautiful showy flowers I don't have :)

Here is some of what I am interested in:

ROSS, couple of questions: is your pink delphinium bright pink or light pink? I have a really light pink (almost mauve) so if yours is bright pink I am interested in it. And about your globe allium, is it Globemaster allium or Purple Sensation, or someting else maybe? If it is Globemaster, I am interested. I already have 'Purple Sensation'. I would like Cherokee purple tomato also if you like anything on my list.

LILACISLOVE, I am interested in your white Tiger lily, if you have any left.

GREYLADY-GARDENER, I am interested in your Coleus and Heliotrope 'Marine'. What colour is your astilbe?

SIGNET, are your hostas 'Hanky Panky' and 'Lemon Lime' still available? I would be interested in them. What about your Toad lily?

BLUEIRIS, I would like your Penstemon digitalis, double white columbine and Willowleaf perennial sunflower, if there is anything on my list you like.

GARDENG8, I am interested in your Iron Cross oxalis, if you like anything on my list.

DIDZGARDEN, I would like some of your orange cosmos if you find anything on my list you like.

DALDAK, I would like some of your purple rock cress and red lily if you like something of mine.

Merja

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Merja, so glad you can make it this year, and I hope it is for a long visit. :)

would there be anything on my list that you would be interested in swapping for the white flowered clematis?

I will try and re-post my list with all the updates on it as soon as I can :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Flowergirl......setting aside a H. "Hanky Panky" and Lemon Lime Hosta for you how about in trade for the Siberian Iris and the LA Lily Iceberg. Hope we can work out a trade for the other items. Oh , are you offering a single fan or double fan of the daylilies ?

Waiting to hear .

Signet

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

MERJA: Well with 2 out of 3 I can"t help you. The Delphinium is a light pink...and the Globe Allium is the smaller Purple Sensation type. I do have a Cherokee Purple tomato that I would like to trade you for some Yellow Alstromeria if you have enough as I see Signet is wishing for some also.Ross.

SIGNET: The trades you mentioned in your last post are OK with me. Thanks. Ross.

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

SIGNET: Forgot to mention in my last post that since you traded three items with me and I was offering two..... I guess you will get the Ostrich Fern along with the Siberian Iris that you were having me decide between in one of our past trades. LOL. Ross.

• LilacIsLove
    12 years ago

flowergirl_on, I don't have any left this year, but I'm going to be keeping an eye out for more at the store I found mine in, so I'll let you know if I have any luck. :)

• LilacIsLove
    12 years ago

Hi all, I have more seedlings to offer. (I had more success with germination than I expected!)
    Butterfly Bush: Asclepias Tuberosa
    Goji Berry
    Cobaea Scandens: Cathedral bells (deep purple)
    Ground Cherry

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

FLOWERGIRL , if you have enough alstromeria to trade with both Ross and I ..great but if you dont , You can trade it To Ross . Oh and it appears I forgot to answer in regards to the toad lily , yes I have one left ...well not anymore it is traded to you!
    GARDENG8 .....yowza on the aluminum blind !!!!!!!!! thank you so much !
    ROSS: Why not wait till all the trading is over ....If you still have it great I would love it but someone else might be interested . I can wait and see LOL !
    Signet

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

I can bring you some coleus and I do have a couple of heliotrope seedlings. Not sure about the colour of the astilbe. I had a mauvy one (I think) and a peachy one (again...I think). My luck with astilbes has been awful. I got two a couple or so years back and they have never been happy or bloomed well. I got determined this year to really try and get them to bloom well. I dug them up and re-positioned them and gave them a good dose of bunny poo. I am not sure what colour this one little pot would be, but you can give it a whirl if you would like to be 'surprised' :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lilac , is there anything from my updates that interest you in trade for 3 more Goji and a cobea scandens? Please let me know . Thanks signet

Signet

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

LilacIsLove: I am still working on getting that Jackmanii clematis to root. I have not yet had much success. If in fact it does not take would you be interested in a small but already rooted Henryii(white) clematis in its place . Also I would be interested in some of your purple Cathedral bells. Please take a peek at my list once more and see if there is something of interest to you! Ross.

• LilacIsLove
    12 years ago

Signet: Do you have any creeping buttercup and/or sweet woodruff left? If so would you trade them for the goji berries and the Cathedral Bells?

Ross, That's just fine about the clematis. They're very pretty too. Do you have any solomon's seal left? If so, would you be willing to trade for the Cathedral Bells?
    Thanks!
    ~Emily

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lilac , yes I most definitely do have both and would love to trade for the goji and the cobea Scandens please.

putting them aside for you .

Signet

• LilacIsLove
    12 years ago

Signet, That's great, thanks!
    A few questions about the exchange itself.
    What part of Springbank will it be in? Also, around what time? Do I need to bring anything besides the plants?

• daldak
    12 years ago

I'd be happy to trade a red lily and some rockcress for the pervian lily (Yellow Alstreomeria), and the Kwanzo Daylily. If the coneflower is indeed pink and NOT purple I'd be interested in a third trade. The red lily, whirl wind and rock cress are now gone.

Rosco: I'll dig another clump of rock cress for the white calla. Thanx again.

Signet: No worries if the gooseberries don't strike. I appreciate any effort your willing to put forth. If I lived half as close I'd be sure to come help you weed. I remember your gardens... THEY ARE HUGE.

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

daldak:The white Calla is yours. Thanks for the Rock Cress.

lilacislove: Thanks for the trade of your Cathedral Bells for the variegated Solomons Seal.

• flowergirl_on
    12 years ago

SIGNET: I have sib. iris 'Silver Edge' and LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg' for you for hostas 'Hanky Panky' and 'Lemon Lime'. I have alstroemeria for you also so I can trade it for the Toad Lily. As for how many daylily fans you get...the answer is minimum 2 fans and the question goes: What is the maximum number of fans you'll take? :) Some of my daylily clumbs are getting old and huge and I don't know what to do with them. My gardens are not that big. With some of them I just separate a clump with a shovel. If you can find the Renoir lily pot I'd be interested in it along with pink lamium and and purple lamium for the three daylilies Startle, Mauna Loa and Autumn Red. I have pics of the two other daylilies. I will e-mail them for you when I have some more time here.

ROSS, I have alstroemeria in exchange for Cherokee tomato. How about ostrich fern for the rose 'Martin Frobisher' seedling?

I'll get to the other swaps a little later.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Flowergirl Thanks for the confirmed trade . I am putting aside Hanky Panky and Lemon Lime and toad lily for your . Pink lamium and purple lamium set aside for you too . As for the daylilies , if you are looking to trim down your clumps I would gladly take whatever you have extra .If newer I dont mind trading for sf or df's of something . Whatever works for you . The bigger divisions would find a home here no problem but I would want to give you something for them on top of what a regular trade would be . Just let me know how you want to go about it . Looking forward to seeing your pics of the un id'd ones too Thanks so much .

I will hunt down that Renoir lily ( its in a pot in amongst a whole bunch of other pots of "stuff" .

• didzgarden
    12 years ago

I received a very nice, friendly call from Greylady Gardener today, wondering if the rock I was hiding under had infact crushed me to death. *Grins*

No.. it has not. But, oh boy.. this thread has grown, and I have to play some serious catchup! !!

I have one little post in here, and I know some of you replied.

Here's what I have for confirmed trades.

Rosco - White Anemone for Bear's Breeches

Signet Orange Cosmos, (You asked about my salvia it is purple, and perennial) You've more than kindly offered Mauve Iris, Double white and double orange Brugs, (And thank you for the warnings. Yes, very true! The brugs will be up and away from little fingers this year. I'm hoping by next year we'll have an understanding about not touching plants! (Stop laughing... *Grins*)

GardenG8 orange cosmos.

Daldak Berginia

Blue Iris orange cosmos

Flower Girl orange cosmos.

Wow... I wasn't thinking those would be popular. Just some seeds I threw in, I'm hoping they will be 'up to snuff' come time for the exchange!

Have I missed anyone?

Here's my list with a few updates.

Catmint
    Jacob's Ladder (Blue)
    Anemone (white)
    Ligularia (Purple leaves, yellow flowers)
    Chocolate Mint
    Salvia
    Bergenia
    sweet woodruff
    Ajuga
    lily of the valley

Echinops Ritro
    Garlic Chives
    Lavender
    Lupine
    Zebra Grass

• daldak
    12 years ago

Didzgarden: Thanx for the Bergenia. I'd also be interested in the Lupine. Please take a look at my list. The rockcress, red lily and whirl wind hosta are now gone.

• didzgarden
    12 years ago

Ooh.. what's the plume poppy like? I'm just seeing pictures, and I'm loving what I see.

And how does your PP cactus grow here? I know they grow quite well on Pelee island, I had the idea that for some weird reason they only grew well there! Would love some if I can tempt you with something else....

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

didzgarden: Thanks for confirming the trade of Anemone for bears Breeches and would you please take a look at my list and see if anything interests you in exchange for a Ligularia? Thanks. Ross.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ditzgarden , thanks for confirming our trades orange cosmos and salvia for double orange and double white brug and mauve iris . Now we need to sort out what I owe you for last years trades of iris and hosta Earth Angel. Let me know if you see anything from my list that you would like please.

I am curious too as to what type of ajuga you have please . I have ajuga Chocolate chip and am looking for
    the white and green and pink varigated one .
    Also curious about your zebra grass ...is it the short one or the tall one ? I am interested if it is the tall one please.

Will wait to hear back

LILAC ..... we usually meet around 11 a.m we go in the main gate and to the left ( there is a little building there with picnic tables out front . We sort our plants and then we do a pot luck ( I assume it will be the same this year.....everyone pipe in here as we might as well get that sorted at this point too) . Then there is the gamblers circle ... people bring extra plants to go in the circle . If you put in 10 you can take out 10 different ones if you put in 2 you can take out 2.....When everyone has had the opportunity to do that ...whatever is left over is free game for anyone who wants them . If plants you brought are not taken then you must take them home . It is best to put your name on some sort of tag so you know which are yours ...Then we all brings something to eat and we usually do the meal after everyone has had some time to chat and sort out the plants that they have . we sit and eat and chat and it usually lasts about 3 or 4 hours . We have a great time and get great plants and then we say goodbye until next year LOL !

Signet

• rosco_p
    12 years ago

MERJA: thanks for confirming the trade Alstromeria for Cherokee Purple tomato.I will set aside a Ostrich Fern for you in exchange for the rose seedling. Thanks again. Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Lilac and daldak
    Remember to bring lawn chairs if you can--otherwise all there is to sit on is the grass--not bad if you have a blanket--or the picnic bench and that can get a bit hard to take after a while.
    as far as the pot luck goes--just that--bring some food to share with everyone--all the food goes on the table and we bring our own dishes and utensils, and drinks.

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

It is a good idea to make sure you bring enough boxes to take home your new plants:)

• flowergirl_on
    12 years ago

GRAYLADY-GARDENER: I have the white clematis for you. I would like to try the astilbe. What else would you like for it and for coleus and heliotrope?

GARDENG8: Tall pink foxglove coming your way for Iron Cross Oxalis, thank you. How about daylily 'Malaysian Monarch' for daylily 'Startle'?

DIDZGARDEN: Thank you for the orange cosmos. What would you like for it in exchange?

DALDAK: I have alstroemeria and Kwanzo daylily for red lily and purple rock cress, thank you for the trade. When I google pink echinacea and purple echinacea, I get the same pictures. So I guess people are calling it either colour. I would never call it purple myself. In my opinion it is not even close to purple. Mine is nice pink with fairly wide petals that don't droop overly much. They are seedlings so I don't know how close to mother plant they will be. Would you like to try one?

Merja

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

Thank you for the clematis--hopefully someone will remember the name and let us know. :) I will bring you the astilbe.

Would you be okay with a small piece of either the 'cherry cheeks' or 'cool it' daylily in trade for the heliotrope and the coleus? You decide which one. :)
    thanks

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

I find it hard to believe (considering what I have heard about ajuga) but I think I got this the last two years from you and it has not survived wither time--(I tend to do that to some plants! haha)

anyway please let me know what you would like for a (nother) piece of your ajuga 'chocolate chip'

• greylady_gardener
    12 years ago

OOPS!! Sorry, I didn't mean to make that sound like it was anyones's fault but mine haha! The ajuga looked great last year and was perfectly healthy. :) I just realized recently that there is no sign of it. :)

• daldak
    12 years ago

Didzgarden: The Plume Poppy grows TALL. My neighbors can see the plumes extended over their wooden fence. It is a white feathery flower and the leaves of the plant are rather large. I have a pot pulled for you. The PP cactus I`ve had for while and it has always done well to flower. I too will pot up a segment for you. I'd love the lupine. Do you know the colour per chance?

Flowergirl Perhaps I missed it, but is the Pervian Lily perennial? I'd seen where Signet asked and now I too am curious. I'll have to pass on the coneflowers, I've never had success with the original purple coneflowers.

Thanx again to everyone for the reminder for lawnchairs, etc, been there done that. Park benches were never designed for comfort... that's for sure.

• didzgarden
    12 years ago

SIGNET: I'm pretty sure I have 'chocolate chip'. Vibrant purple flowers on green to purple leaves. Pretty, and abundant, but nothing special I don't believe. As for what I'm currently drooling over??? Miniature iris cream, and poet's narcissus and Brunnera. And yes.. that other plant you're trying to get rid of. I have to search back to find the name. But sure, I'll take some!

Zebra grass: Tall? No.. I don't think so. Not much higher than my waist.

Rosco how about the lilac? I've been debating back and forth between the lilac and the honeysuckle. Lilac it is if you still have it.

FLOWERGIRL: The cosmos are mere seedlings. Doesn't feel right to take a trade. They are wispy and itty bitty!

The same goes for Gardeng8 and Blueiris, these little guys are.. little guys! Not exactly a 'plant' as of yet.

• daldak
    12 years ago

Flowergirl: Forgot to mention that I'd be interested in trying my hand at the taller variety of foxglove you mentioned. Please let me know.

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions